JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39110_1363272058.jpg
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good - sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league - Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate - the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever - Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go - Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know - FIOS:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39110.jpg

I used to be country before club everytime. I loved the ashes in the early noughties and I hated the aussies. Since 2008 the England team have just not given me anything to get passionate about, I want to be passionate about it but I just can't... I don't see enough from them... then the England fans booing our own players just topped it off for me. I am going to the four nations matches and I will probably be up for it when I get there... but untill England fans stop booing our players and untill the players play with some passion like Sculthorpe and Faz used to... I don't want to put my country before my club.

I do want this to change though, can't see it anytime soon though.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2649No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Got to say I'm club. Mainly down to the fact that there are more matches etc. But I'm more than happy to pull out my England jersey and go to watch the internationals when they are being played.

The atmosphere at international games needs to be improved. I know it's difficult as fans are coming from different clubs but a couple of chants/songs and also all the fans supporting all the players might help

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9426
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42169_1366443727.jpg
Chorlton RL wrote- "Jonny, for me you hold the mantle of most sensible poster on the VT" ............................................................................................................................................... Yed wrote: "He's like a Kevin Penny on steroids except he's good too" ............................................................................................................................................... "What? What have I said now?" - Starbug 2013 ...............................................................................................................................................:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42169.jpg

Speaking of which, got myself a nice 1995 England top on ebay tonight for a tenner! I'll be donning that at Wembley!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach18736No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2013Jan 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20672.jpg
:CROWN: [color=#4000FF:3cyxr5nr]RLFans.com Soccer Prediction League Champion 2011/2012[/color:3cyxr5nr] :CROWN: [url=http://www.christie.nhs.uk/the-christie-charity/donate.aspx:3cyxr5nr]The Christie - please donate[/url:3cyxr5nr] [url=http://www.popbitch.com/home/2009/10/05/red-pepper-news:3cyxr5nr]Greatest headline ever?[/url:3cyxr5nr]:20672.jpg

Quote: Wellsy13 "Who said it did?
It's a case of which one people prefer first. They may not play each other, but they may play at the same time. And fans will only have so much money and emotion to invest.'"

When was the last time England and say Wigan played at the same time?
I live in Catalonia but I'll be driving up to France to watch England in the autumn and I'll be at Wembley on November 5th.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2649No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: jonny the leyther "Speaking of which, got myself a nice 1995 England top on ebay tonight for a tenner! I'll be donning that at Wembley!'"

I'm eyeing up a signed one from the Exiles game

RankPostsTeam
International Star157No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
62346_1314536039.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_62346.jpg

Club for me the reasons macnamara and the fact that the Rfl are standing buy and watching the demise of the lower leagues .shame on them !!

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2315No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3545.jpg
:3545.jpg

Quote: Wellsy13 "Some of the reasons I've got so far

True. The Ozzies won't agree to it.

Quote: Wellsy13 " Of the games that are meaningful, nearly all are played in small towns and small venues (even the event games don't feel like an event). '"

Not true. Basic point- when was the last time an international sold out? You can't complain the venues are too small until there are consistently fans stuck outside. But besides, the 4 Nations at Doncaster for England-France was a brilliant atmosphere and a really well run event. And the RFL is taking a double header of the best four teams in the world to Wembley. What more fo you expect??!

Quote: Wellsy13 " And they don't win many of the important games anyway (lack of success, although this shouldn't be something we build a team on to be fair).

They don't have a regular schedule, and that schedule is announced very late on (people are unfamiliar with when they're playing, it shouldn't be hard work to find out).
'"

Not under the RFL's control. The RFL has a plan, it depends on the International board.

Quote: Wellsy13
They don't represent everyone (many fans in the lower leagues feel alienated by the RFL, and England represent the closed-shop elite of Super League and not the whole structure). '"

The national team represents the (coach's opinion of) the best team in the country. You may disagree about selection, and you may disagree about the structure if the RL pro comps, but until you can point to a Championship player who should be representing England but can't get a contract in SL or the NRL, this just doesn't make sense.

There are other games on at the same time (forcing fans/players to make a choice isn't going to go down to well).

'"

Just not true. domestic RL stops for international competitions. Unlike soccer, cricket and rugby union.

X, Y & Z play for England, and they aren't liked (over-emphasis on club loyalties sees fans despise players on what is essentially their own team).
'"

True. Heart of the problem. How can anyone boo Tomkins in an England shirt?

The current coach is crap (lack of belief that we can win and lack of belief that we're doing something about it, although this links into the fact that we don't play many games to be able to say he's not good enough).

'"

there is a massive amount goes on behind the scenes. England RL's prep is cutting edge. Steve Mac leads this.

We don't really know much about the opposition (not many people who watch rugby over here watch rugby from over there as well, so don't know much about them, and since there aren't that many internationals we don't get a chance to familiarise with them. On top of that, there isn't that much cross-over competitions at club level to help like in football for example, and I suppose union as well). '"

With NRL on two satellite channels, we know more than ever before. Union had an international game way before it's pan-national club game.

Quote: Wellsy13 " Any more?'"

Uk sport in general grew out of teams representing communities. This remains strongest in RL. Hence the fan/club link in RL is strongest of all.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: Wembley71 "

The national team represents the (coach's opinion of) the best team in the country. You may disagree about selection, and you may disagree about the structure if the RL pro comps, but until you can point to a Championship player who should be representing England but can't get a contract in SL or the NRL, this just doesn't make

Uk sport in general grew out of teams representing communities. This remains strongest in RL. Hence the fan/club link in RL is strongest of all.'"

Joe , just asking , what dream is it we are now ' living ' ?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner10000No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8202.jpg
[url=//www.facebook.com/wellsmotors:2svvs5eg][img:2svvs5eg]//i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd30/wellsy13/Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg[/img:2svvs5eg][/url:2svvs5eg]:8202.jpg

Quote: Wembley71 "Not true. Basic point- when was the last time an international sold out? You can't complain the venues are too small until there are consistently fans stuck outside. But besides, the 4 Nations at Doncaster for England-France was a brilliant atmosphere and a really well run event. And the RFL is taking a double header of the best four teams in the world to Wembley. What more fo you expect??!'"

I disagree. If a venue is unattractive in terms of the event, people won't go. Not everything has to sell out to show you could get more elsewhere. Otherwise why would we go to Wembley?

Quote: Wembley71 "Not under the RFL's control. The RFL has a plan, it depends on the International board.'"

True. Could the RFL make more noise about the issues though?

Quote: Wembley71 "The national team represents the (coach's opinion of) the best team in the country. You may disagree about selection, and you may disagree about the structure if the RL pro comps, but until you can point to a Championship player who should be representing England but can't get a contract in SL or the NRL, this just doesn't make sense.'"

You do realise that the list isn't of MY reasons (I'm country before club)? It's a summary of everyone's reasons I've been reading.
There are people that are so disillusioned with the RFL that they don't want to support their events, including the international set-up. It's not a case of a Championship player being good enough for England.

Quote: Wembley71 "Just not true. domestic RL stops for international competitions. Unlike soccer, cricket and rugby union.'"

No it doesn't.
Mid-season internationals are on on the same weekend as SL.
End of season internationals are on the same days that amateur teams play.

People are forced to make a choice.

Quote: Wembley71 "True. Heart of the problem. How can anyone boo Tomkins in an England shirt?'"

Because their club loyalties by far oversight their country loyalties as there I'd by far more emphasis on SL than internationals. Until this changes, too many people will do the things that spoil it for those that DO actually support their country and the people playing for it.

Quote: Wembley71 "there is a massive amount goes on behind the scenes. England RL's prep is cutting edge. Steve Mac leads this.'"

But without enough games to prove himself, many won't get the chance to see the results of his work.

Quote: Wembley71 "With NRL on two satellite channels, we know more than ever before. Union had an international game way before it's pan-national club game.'"

But Union have had a big enough international programme to get used to these players. And I disagree that we know now more than ever. There are more games on TV now, but the audience is smaller as Premier Sport isn't a very big station. There used to be more games on Sky than there is now.

Quote: Wembley71 "Uk sport in general grew out of teams representing communities. This remains strongest in RL. Hence the fan/club link in RL is strongest of all.'"

I disagree with this. I think it's more to do with other sports putting emphasis on international sport and the media following suit. We don't, so why should the fans and media care?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2315No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3545.jpg
:3545.jpg

I do appreciate your summary of expressed opinions, and I think there's a lot of insight here.

There's some odd ones, though. Nobody on the planet thinks football or union are currently administered well, but that never stops fans supporting England.

Totally agree about the dearth of quality internationals, and the potential value of England as a brand everyone can get behind to bring new people, in Newcastle or Swindon or Plymouth, into a real 'supporters' relationship with the game.

But. Only 3 teams are at the highest level, so what do we do? Spend millions on a 10 year programme to make the 5 nations into an equitable competition, SL franchises is Dublin, Glasgow and Cardiff?

I said we stop for international competitions, which we do. Union keeps it's club game running through the 6 nations and autumn internationals. Footy stops even for friendlies.

Recent internationals have been held in Leigh, Doncaster and Headingley. Would you really suggest fans are not buying out all the tickets there because the grounds aren't good enough?

I think Emgland and international RL in general, are massively important, and this discussion is a useful vehicle, even if I don't agree with every point muted...!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner10000No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8202.jpg
[url=//www.facebook.com/wellsmotors:2svvs5eg][img:2svvs5eg]//i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd30/wellsy13/Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg[/img:2svvs5eg][/url:2svvs5eg]:8202.jpg

Quote: Wembley71 "I do appreciate your summary of expressed opinions, and I think there's a lot of insight here.

There's some odd ones, though. Nobody on the planet thinks football or union are currently administered well, but that never stops fans supporting England.'"

I think there's a difference between administered well and administered fair.
Fans in the lower leagues feel they aren't getting a fair crack of the whip. I don't think that's the same for football and union fans.

Quote: Wembley71 "But. Only 3 teams are at the highest level, so what do we do? Spend millions on a 10 year programme to make the 5 nations into an equitable competition, SL franchises is Dublin, Glasgow and Cardiff?'"

We need another French team in the SL. And with more Welsh players coming through, we need SL to pick these up. This us only going to happen if that "shop window" is there of international rugby. We might stuff them at the moment, but it gives us a chance to look at different players and combinations. We also have the Exiles as a true tester before the Aussies and Kiwis come. Then there's the island teams if we wanted to tour mid-season. There ARE options for us, but we don't take them (not saying that we should or that there aren't reasons, but there is an option).

Quote: Wembley71 "I said we stop for international competitions, which we do. Union keeps it's club game running through the 6 nations and autumn internationals. Footy stops even for friendlies.'"

The community game doesn't. There will be hundreds of amateur games going on on the same day as each 4N game. The people that support our game will be too busy organising their own clubs. This may change next year with the move to summer, but it is an issue.

Quote: Wembley71 "Recent internationals have been held in Leigh, Doncaster and Headingley. Would you really suggest fans are not buying out all the tickets there because the grounds aren't good enough?'"

I never said the ground wasn't good enough, I said small towns and small grounds. Leeds isn't a small town, but the ground isn't up to international standard, is it? And it does put people off, even if only subliminally. I reckon if you held the Exiles game at Elland Road, you'd get a much bigger crowd because it would feel more like an event (unlike Headingley, which fans would feel it as just another game), this despite Headingley not selling out.
Leigh hosted Eng/Fra last year and got a pitiful crowd. It didn't feel like an event.
We've taken a game to Wembley this year. It'll probably get a bigger crowd than the 3 group games from 2009 put together (none sold out). So what does this tell you? That fans weren't interested in 2009? Or that the ground choices are tired and uneventful?

Quote: Wembley71 "I think England and international RL in general, are massively important, and this discussion is a useful vehicle, even if I don't agree with every point muted...!'"

This is why I wanted to bring it up. Most of the issues on the list aren't my own opinion. People aren't meant to agree with all of them as they are personal reasons. I'm interested to see if there are more reasons other than the ones I've said. The RFL need to understand the problems before they can think of solutions.

RankPostsTeam
International Star313No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2019May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51928_1315743468.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51928.jpg

As much as I love my club I feel country is more important as it if we have a successful national side then Rugby League should hopefully get higher media coverage.

nathancroucher.tumblr.com/
As much as I love my club I feel country is more important as it if we have a successful national side then Rugby League should hopefully get higher media coverage.

nathancroucher.tumblr.com/

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member469No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014Dec 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2440_1271861171.jpg
If it ain't got six tackles - I'm not interested! www.pitchero.com/clubs/northleedsleopardsjuniorrlfc/:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2440.jpg

I am very much country 1st, club 2nd because I can see the wider benefits to the game if we had a viable international competition + successful England team in terms of general PR etc than if my club side wins a comp.

I however am in the minority I'm afraid and as most fans become fans of our sport because they follow a team and dont become fans of the game by watching internationals.

I think therefore the majority of fans would prefer to see their club who they have followed for a number of years win a competition and see the International game as an add on, which potentially has a detrimental impact on their club i.e. if players are injured or worn out.

The only way I see a change in peoples attitudes is to provide a credible international calendar. At the moment though England sit in a position where certainly Australia and probably NZ are too strong, which means we have no chance of winning an international tournament and on the flip side England are way to strong for other nations such as France and Wales etc.

The public arnt stupid and when we play in the 4 nations we rely on the hardcore League faithful to attend where the majority either arnt overly bothered or think we havnt got much chance in winning. The erosion of RL in the mainstream media also means that almost no-one in the general sporting public are aware of RL Internationals or arent bothered by them and therefore wont attend.

The answer therefore is we desperately need countries like Wales and France to set up to become credible RL playing nations and be able to compete with England and perhaps eventually NZ and Australia.

The RFL have desperatley been trying to encourage this to happen with the huge investment made in Wales RL + providing opportunities for the French to raise their standards i.e. allowing and incentivising French domestic teams to enter the Northern Rail + Challenge Cup + Tolouse into Champioship 1. From what I've read they also try to invest and assist whereever possible in the development of RL in other European nations.

Unfortunatley I dont think the NRL have the same attitude. Their focus has been very much focussed on Australian RL only and distractions like the Super League War, the threat of RU, AFL + Soccer and now the independent commission has only made matters worse.

Further expansion of the NRL is on the horizon with Perth + a 2nd team in Brisbane being the most favoured options, which only complements my comments above. The NRL in my opinion could have done alot more to assist in the development of the game in countries such as New Zealand, PNG, Fiji, Tonga, Samoa + the Cook Islands.

IMO another good place to start would be to sort of player eliability once and for all. Players such as Ukaile Uate and Petero Civonceiva should be playing regularly for Fiji not Australia which only weakens their team and makes the international competition less credible. The only way to sort this IMO is that a player at the age of 16 should have to choose which country they wish to represent / are from and once they have chosen they should not be allowed to change.

Not simple answers unfortunatley - we need Wales RL to continue to grow and hence why the Crusaders demise was such a body blow. Lets only hope they will compete in a lower division. We need the French RL to get its act together. the success of the Les Catalans is vital but we need other clubs to start performing to their potential.

We need to raise the standards in England with an increased player pool. This will happen by clubs focussing on youth development rather than overseas players + we need 14 competitive clubs. We need clubs like Salford to start punching above their weight and make inroads into the greater Manchester sporting market + London to finally start being a credible force in SL on the back of home grown talent.

A 2nd NRL franchise in NZ + PNG would massively assist their credability + any other major development in countries such as the USA or Jamaica would only be a good thing.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11377
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2960.jpg
:2960.jpg

Country by some margin.

The build up to the Tri-Nations final at Elland Rd in 2004 was perhaps the most excited I've been about any RL game. I genuinely thought there was a chance we could finally nick a trophy, but we ended up getting panned!

Also, the win in Sydney a few years back was one of the happiest I've been after a game - loved the post-match celebrations and aussie baiting in Sydney. Even though it was really a meaningless game, it meant a hell of a lot to the players and the fans out there.

Also, the WCC win over Brisbane in 2001 is perhaps my favourite Saints win of all time.

I desperately, desperately hope I get to see GB/England win a meaningful tournament in my lifetime.

Perhaps I just hate australians! icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2164No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014Dec 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: FearTheVee "Country by some margin.

The build up to the Tri-Nations final at Elland Rd in 2004 was perhaps the most excited I've been about any RL game. I genuinely thought there was a chance we could finally nick a trophy, but we ended up getting panned!

Also, the win in Sydney a few years back was one of the happiest I've been after a game - loved the post-match celebrations and aussie baiting in Sydney. Even though it was really a meaningless game, it meant a hell of a lot to the players and the fans out there.

Also, the WCC win over Brisbane in 2001 is perhaps my favourite Saints win of all time.

I desperately, desperately hope I get to see GB/England win a meaningful tournament in my lifetime.

Perhaps I just hate australians! I have never felt so flat as I did sat in Elland Road at half time that day. Like many fans, I went to that game not with hope but with expectation and it was completely blown away

I loved playing RL and thoroughly enjoy watching it at any level but the only time I get genuinely nervous is when the national team is playing. I watched Great Britain play RL for over 20 years and yet I have no problem transitioning my support to England... I am both English and British so I see no problem with either label

It is without any exaggeration to say that the day I see England/GB win an international tournament will be one of the happiest of my life (I can think of only two to beat it so far!!)

80 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
80 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.6826171875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
moto748
55m
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
Recent
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
Recent
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
Recent
TV Games - Not Hull
bishops fing
Recent
Wigan win academy final
Simba16
Recent
Film game
Boss Hog
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Rumours thread
PopTart
59s
Cokey
1m
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
1m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13
2m
Film game
Boss Hog
2m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
2m
TV Games - Not Hull
bishops fing
2m
Questions for Ste Mills
PopTart
2m
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
2m
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
PopTart
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
RobRiches
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Cokey
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Squad for HKR
MorePlaymake
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 2,875 80,13214,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22