Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2015Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16290.jpg
:16290.jpg

Quote: Gahan "Im quite happy to let NB get on with his job and leave it to him regarding team selection

Irrelevant what i think regarding his recruitment'"

As it is what anyone else thinks about John Kears, I can't believe that our lot have fallen for this and bitten for so long.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2990
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SmokeyTA "read it again,

if you have the players in reserve, if you have the players you need and you dont need the overseas players, you are perfectly able to offload them,

its natural and what teams generally do, they offload players they dont need, wakefield can do this too

unless of course they do need to have 11 overseas players in their squad to compete which is frankly a p'sspoor effort'"

Once again you come up trumps.
Teams most definately dont generally offload players that are under contract,and they very rarely do it,if they are going to have to pay up the contract

You came up with the hairbrain schemes - like make it publicly known the player wont be in the first team,just transfer list him.

And as i pointed out to you,these hairbrain schemes of yours ,have implications.

Unless of course you were talking about players that are coming off contract -- but then you cant have been ,otherwise why start suggesting transfer listing and not selecting for the first team.

You really are starting to get your knickers in a twist with all this posting.

Can you not grasp that

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7911No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2012Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12166.gif
:12166.gif

Quote: Catnap "As it is what anyone else thinks about John Kears, I can't believe that our lot have fallen for this and bitten for so long.'"

You dont bite then the thread dies though i tip my hat, 20 odd pages, amazing

icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: TURFEDOUT "Once again you come up trumps.
Teams most definately dont generally offload players that are under contract,and they very rarely do it,if they are going to have to pay up the contract

You came up with the hairbrain schemes - like make it publicly known the player wont be in the first team,just transfer list him.

And as i pointed out to you,these hairbrain schemes of yours ,have implications.

Unless of course you were talking about players that are coming off contract -- but then you cant have been ,otherwise why start suggesting transfer listing and not selecting for the first team.

You really are starting to get your knickers in a twist with all this posting.

Can you not grasp that'"

of course it is hair brained to expect Wakefield to have less than 11 overseas players, it crazy to expect them to release some or let some go,

its you who started suggesting we break employment laws, i simply said wakefield could release some overseas players (which they could) they could transfer list some (which the could) and they could make it publicly known that some were considered first team squad members (which they could) none of which would come close to breaking employment laws or come close to constituting constructive dismissal

its fairly simple, but in your desperation to make a case defending a club in its 11th year needing 11 overseas players you missed it, and needed to fall back on idiotic interpretations of employment law

you know as well as i do, if wakefield wanted to get rid of a couple of their overseas contingent, they could very easily

and i know you can grasp that, and i know like most of your fellow wakefield fans you are choosing not to because you know it makes your club look bad

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4015No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2015Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16290.jpg
:16290.jpg

Quote: Gahan "You dont bite then the thread dies though i tip my hat, 20 odd pages, amazing

And still the penny hasn't dropped icon_eek.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4291
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SmokeyTA "of course it is hair brained to expect Wakefield to have less than 11 overseas players, it crazy to expect them to release some or let some go,

its you who started suggesting we break employment laws, i simply said wakefield could release some overseas players (which they could) they could transfer list some (which the could) and they could make it publicly known that some were considered first team squad members (which they could) none of which would come close to breaking employment laws or come close to constituting constructive dismissal

its fairly simple, but in your desperation to make a case defending a club in its 11th year needing 11 overseas players you missed it, and needed to fall back on idiotic interpretations of employment law

you know as well as i do, if wakefield wanted to get rid of a couple of their overseas contingent, they could very easily

and i know you can grasp that, and i know like most of your fellow wakefield fans you are choosing not to because you know it makes your club look bad'"

10 actually lol we currently have 9 icon_lol.gif Get your facts right you tool

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2990
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SmokeyTA "of course it is hair brained to expect Wakefield to have less than 11 overseas players, it crazy to expect them to release some or let some go,

and i know you can grasp that, and i know like most of your fellow wakefield fans you are choosing not to because you know it makes your club look bad'"

OK Take one of your points:

It is made public that an overseas player will not be considered for the first team ,for nothing other than he is overseas,nothing to do with his performance(ie his work),but because the club want to "encourage him to go".He has performed well in the past but now the club want him out,so to do this the club(employer)is engineering a scenario that will lead to the player(employee) being excessively demoted(which happens to be one of the major examples of constructive dismissal.
It also come under targeting particular employees.

Go away do your homework and you will see it would almost certainly constitute constructive dismissal,but im not going to continue to try and educate you.

Like i said - hairbrain schemes with no thought for the implications.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Uptoncat "10 actually lol we currently have 9
well thats something to be proud of i suppose

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: TURFEDOUT "OK Take one of your points

yes, you could say this play wont be considered for the first team,

or you could say, this player isnt considered a first team player

like i said [iits fairly simple, but in your desperation to make a case you needed to fall back on idiotic interpretations of employment law [/i
[iyou know as well as i do, if wakefield wanted to get rid of a couple of their overseas contingent, they could very easily

and i know you can grasp that, and i know like most of your fellow wakefield fans you are choosing not to because you know it makes your club look bad[/i

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9741No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2013Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22659.jpg
:22659.jpg

Quote: Marsdengiant "You've had 10 years in SL, develop the players not bring reserve graders half way across the world.

Why is objecting to signing a reserve grader a 'pop' at wakey? Its a fact.'"

We are developing players in the academy and some look like they could go all the way in super league.

Frank is a player with talent and will be a good signing in the long run. I could understand if it was someone coming to the end of their career who was a reserve grader but Frank is young and will go a long way in the game if he keep up with how he is going IMO

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4163
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42850_1303637344.jpg
WE ARE WAKEFIELD, WITHOUT THE RICHARDSONS’ WE ARE STRONGER:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42850.jpg

Yes and in the past you've also finished bottom of superleague more times than Wakey, signed a number of players from us, our conditioner and our academy coach.

You have been in superleague for a similar period of time to Wakey and your junior development over the period has produced nowhere near the numer of players plying their trade in superleague, yet you have had the benefit of a top class facility and a wealthy backer.

Quote: Danril "Ha ha!

Just for the record, Huddersfield are a team with at least as many and maybe more academy products who've played first grade than Wakefield (Jackson, Raleigh, Crabtree, Cudjoe, Lawrence), have far more promising youngsters (McGilvary, Sampson, Lopag, McNally, Johnson, Barber, Chappell, Worthington and loads more at 15/16 signing up). Have higher attendances and ST holders in 2008 than Wakey and well over 5k season ticket holders for this season. We part own our ground, a ground in which the football team have a zero holding which makes it impossible for us to rent off them.

In short, we're developing. We're getting better and better in all areas of development. Other clubs stagnate and in 3 years they may well be out of SL. Many will shed tears when this happens, although quite a few will be tears of joy!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4163
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42850_1303637344.jpg
WE ARE WAKEFIELD, WITHOUT THE RICHARDSONS’ WE ARE STRONGER:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42850.jpg

A question for Mardsden Giant..... When the Carney signing fell through why was your club trying to re-sign Brad Drew, surely they should have given the opportunity to a young British player ?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member13805No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3676.jpg
If London is Athens, Yorkshire is Sparta, a tougher community and proud of it.:3676.jpg

Have Wakey not signed players from us? Have Wakey not recruited coaches that have been with us?

It would be interesting to see how many players each club has produced that are in SL now and I suspect that Wakey will have currently more. Expect that to drastically change in the next 5-6 years. It might also be prudent to expect Wakefield to be in the tier below in that timescale too, it will lessen the blow (for you) when it happens.

We're improving all the time in all areas. We have been consistently growing as a club for 5-6 years now so the old lines about mergers, finishing bottom and fans getting in for free are all you have to hold on to. But it's not about us, it's about your club not developing as shown by your over reliance on overseas players. But that doesn't matter to me, you sign who you want. It will matter to the people who decide on franchises though, as will the stadium plans etc etc etc.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4163
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42850_1303637344.jpg

Danril you may well be right, only time will tell. My point was that over a similar length of time to Wakey, despite having the benefits of a top class facility and a wealthy backer your player development has been poor compared to that of Wakey, who in a similar period had 2 years with no SL money and nearly went into a CVA. Consequently, it seems a bit rich that people are having a go at our player development, when a club in a much better position than us to put in place the right structures have failed to do so until recently, and even then half of the most promising young players you have were developed by other clubs.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4163
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42850_1303637344.jpg

Sorry did go into a CVA

Quote: Tricky2309 "Danril you may well be right, only time will tell. My point was that over a similar length of time to Wakey, despite having the benefits of a top class facility and a wealthy backer your player development has been poor compared to that of Wakey, who in a similar period had 2 years with no SL money and nearly went into a CVA. Consequently, it seems a bit rich that people are having a go at our player development, when a club in a much better position than us to put in place the right structures have failed to do so until recently, and even then half of the most promising young players you have were developed by other clubs.'"

425 posts in 29 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
425 posts in 29 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.07666015625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
9m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
Jason65
12m