Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: christopher "How was its Sinfields Job to get a smooth transition from those players leaving, he hasn’t been in the job for a year yet, the last of those pivotal players left in 2017

I’ve just posted this on SS.com - a lot of people ate slating Sinfield for not doing his job when they don’t even know what job he is doing.'"

No one is saying he isn’t doing his job, they’re saying he’s doing it badly which he has done.

Where Sinfield, some at the clubs and many Leeds fans have it wrong is thinking things were broken before he came in. In 2017 we were 2nd on 40 points (1 less than the treble year in 2015 with Sinfield and co) and then won the GF. In 2018 we were top 4 after 10 rounds with our only losses away to Widnes the game after the WCC as if often the case and by 1 point to Cas. Even then in rounds 11 & 12 we lost to a single point again to both Wigan and Hull.

We did this with hardly any props and no real established quality goal kicker. Those one pointers scored the same number of tries, just didn’t have the kicker. On the props in those opening 10 rounds, Galloway played 0 and retired, Peteru played only 15 mins of the opener, Garbutt played 2 and Cuthbertson played in 2 also. Another important forward for us in Ward managed 3. This caught up on the squad badly in the 2nd third of the season. It was a bloody great effort to actually be 4th at that point in the circumstances, great effort which has disappeared from them under Sinfield’s watch.

Leeds didn’t need to reinvent the wheel or make huge changes, they just needed to steadily transition the quality of the squad now that the stadium work was drawing to a close and cash could be spent again. McDermott should’ve been backed with the sort of money that Sinfield has......more Leeds fans should be questioning why weren’t marquee or big signings made until McDermott was gone. What should’ve been done for 2019 was proper quality replacements for Galloway, Moon and Hall and one or two extra in the forwards with the money they were on plus the newly introduced willingness to spend big on marquees and other departures like JJB and Ablett who should’ve retired but Sinfield gave his mates new deals and one of them hasn’t played and the other barely has, not saying that would e had us winning trophies but we’d be in ok shape compared to this mess. Then at the end of 2019 you can move on 4/5 more and bring in better replacements for 2020 and likewise 12 months later for the start of 2021 aided by some of the youngsters on the verge of coming through now and perhaps then would’ve been the time to look at McDermott’s replacement. That would’ve been a gradual and smart transition, not Sinfield coming in trying to force change too quickly.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Said a while back that Leeds were becoming a job for the boys club under Sinfield with new deals for the likes of Ablett and JJB and off field roles. Called it that McGuire would be back in 2020 on the coaching staff.

Low and behold now Leeds have apparently tried to re-sign McGuire for the rest of this season with him getting an off field role in 2020 but HKR have turned it down.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9565No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif
:fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif

The last thing Leeds need is more ex-players from the Golden Generation banging on to the current squad about what they did. In sporting terms its ancient history. You may as well get Schoey or Lewis Jones to do the team talks.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: BrisbaneRhino "The last thing Leeds need is more ex-players from the Golden Generation banging on to the current squad about what they did. In sporting terms its ancient history. You may as well get Schoey or Lewis Jones to do the team talks.'"

Even though HKR have also apparently offered McGuire an off field role too for 2020 you’d suspect he’ll take up Leeds offer due to his connection to the club and Sinfield.

If so that’ll leave us with Sinfield as DOR, Burrow as u19’s coach and part of the first team coaching staff, McGuire on the coaching staff, Chev Walker too, Peacock in the commercial department....you can bet JJB almost certainly will get a role somewhere when he retires at the end of the season and wouldn’t bet against Ablett joining the youth setup either as he’s previously worked with the juniors with Burrow.

McGuire said after McDermott left that Leeds were a player led club, just happens to be the players that have recently retired or left that are those dictating things and decisions helped by certain members of the club hierarchy and key sponsors (who are fans) who have pushed to have these guys running things based on their admiration for them as players.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Just seen Sinfield’s interview pre-match. Absolutely embarrassing, got confrontational and angry when Carney asked a simple question why Furner was no longer the right man saying that’s in the past now, yet couldn’t stop blaming stuff on where the club was before he came in.

Saying the club was rotten before he came.....garbage, you don’t win a GF just several months prior if a clubs rotten. It has become rotten under his watch now though. He’s several weeks away now from being back 12 months and we’re much much much worse off. In 11 months should be enough time to at least see the starts of getting rid of this alleged rotten culture yet it’s the worst and as low as possible.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1227
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Jan 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The pre match interview was terrible, an embarrassment to himself and the club it didn't seem to make any sense, tried and failed to avoid fairly simple questions what I took from it is he seemed to think that the sacking of Frner would give a bump to the squad..an electric shock wouldn't get that side moving frankly.

Him
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

Embarrassing and worrying from Sinfield.
He’s rightly a club legend but that interview showed he’s either out of his depth and struggling or too arrogant/egotistical to be in such a role.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8679
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14002_1637716780.jpg
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14002.jpg

Terrible interview, I guess he's not Rhino's 'press officer' !!

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Him "Embarrassing and worrying from Sinfield.
He’s rightly a club legend but that interview showed he’s either out of his depth and struggling or too arrogant/egotistical to be in such a role.'"

Quite, and no wonder the culture and things have become rotten SINCE his arrival. On the decisions he’s made since he came in like sacking Furner he says things should remain private, but has had no problem being public when criticising the way things were before he came back. Turned into a big hypocrite.

To admit that a number of coaches have actually gotten in contact with Leeds and he’s told them all that they’re right behind Agar for the time being for stability is laughable. The sooner a new coach is hired the quicker stability will arrive, having Agar for a few months and then a new coach just takes longer for stability to arrive. Telling that he was sat next to Agar during the game, doesn’t want to be the coach himself but wants to there right in the coaches ear during the game. That’s why he’s in no rush to get a new guy in because they probably wouldn’t want him interfering.

After seeing that interview I think Sinfield needs to go and Hetherington take full control again and get a top coach appointed ASAP.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain853No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Having read all post comments, I may be wrong but, has Kev Sinfield asked himself, have i been set up in this position for a/the purpose of the one to blame - take all blame while GH & others have a veiled smile to me & say keep going Kev, you can cop for things later - people are mainly focussing on you & not me !

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: TrinTrin "Having read all post comments, I may be wrong but, has Kev Sinfield asked himself, have i been set up in this position for a/the purpose of the one to blame - take all blame while GH & others have a veiled smile to me & say keep going Kev, you can cop for things later - people are mainly focussing on you & not me !'"

Sinfield has been desperate for this role for almost 10 years and others at the club too thinking he could do no wrong. Hetherington always stuck with McDermott through tough times having to fight off a number of disagreeing voices at the club to back him. If he could’ve kept having his way then he and McDermott would still be the lineup, Hetherington certainly wouldn’t have given up a lot of his duties mid season if it was down to him.

Simply comes down to what I said, some people at the club thinking the golden generation were the answers to everything and that they’d be as successful off the pitch as they were on it.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9565No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif
:fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif

I'd say if we lose to London next time out they'll have to replace Agar. Entirely unfair on him but he has been given the ultimate hospital pass, acting as caretaker coach to a squad which is completely imploding. With no even implied authority why would anyone expect players to respond to Agar when they haven't for McDermott, Sinfield/Lowes or Furner before him?

I also think Sinfield is very much on borrowed time. Whilst I disagree entirely with printer's assessment that everything was rosy under McDermott (it really was past time for him to go), the evidence so far suggests that Sinfield is making a complete hash of things.

What we need is an experienced coach, and they have to be given absolute authority over team selection. Included in that is getting some of the toxic players away from the club. Send them on loan or DR or whatever, but I'm absolutely sure we've got some individuals in our team who are a terrible influence.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: BrisbaneRhino "I'd say if we lose to London next time out they'll have to replace Agar. Entirely unfair on him but he has been given the ultimate hospital pass, acting as caretaker coach to a squad which is completely imploding. With no even implied authority why would anyone expect players to respond to Agar when they haven't for McDermott, Sinfield/Lowes or Furner before him?

I also think Sinfield is very much on borrowed time. Whilst I disagree entirely with printer's assessment that everything was rosy under McDermott (it really was past time for him to go), the evidence so far suggests that Sinfield is making a complete hash of things.

What we need is an experienced coach, and they have to be given absolute authority over team selection. Included in that is getting some of the toxic players away from the club. Send them on loan or DR or whatever, but I'm absolutely sure we've got some individuals in our team who are a terrible influence.'"

I haven’t said everything was rosy under McDermott but neither was it anywhere near as bad as some fans and Sinfield makes out.

We had a bad start to 2016 and although people, yourself included hate hearing it, losing time in preseason did cost us. Preseason time is invaluable to any team and it put us a few weeks behind all other teams. When we got it sorted then from the start of June we went 7 from 9 against SL opposition for the remainder of the year. We got 40 points from a possible 60 in 2017 and started 2018 with 13 points from 18.

That’s 67 points from a possible 96 against SL opposition in close to a 2 year spell....around 70% of points available won plus a GF and playoff semi won just several weeks before Sinfield’s arrival isn’t a club that was rotten. Even when we started losing we were losing 1 point games because we had no decent kicker against Wigan, Saints, Cas and Hull. Sign him a couple of props and a kicker and those losses become wins and were in a decent position. This mess Sinfield’s created couldn’t get close to a DG loss right now.

RankPostsTeam
International Star10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2023Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60098_1402496159.jpg
the future's bright the future's [color=#800000:1p3f9jf7]claret [/color:1p3f9jf7] and [color=#FFFF40:1p3f9jf7]gold [/color:1p3f9jf7]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60098.jpg

Quote: bramleyrhino "Of all the reasons for Leeds' current issues, Sinfield is low down the list. I get that there's a strong desire from some to see him fail, but he's dealing with problems that well-predate his role and aren't easy fixes.

Leeds are paying for probably three years of poor recruitment and contract decisions. Those aren't easy to fix.'"

I dont agree with this poor recruitment statement. On paper Leeds have a very good squad. They have marquee players.
The issue is not the individuals it’s the lack of team unity.
Could be seen on the pitch yesterday. No leadership and no plan.
Structure is non-existent. Both in attack and defence. They aren’t working for each other. The old heads aren’t used to it and the newbies are finding it difficult to integrate.
Off the cuff stuff works with a team of tight knit players who know each other well. It doesn’t work with a team of individuals.

Giving Sinfield this job was bound to be a failure. He’s inexperienced and had unrealistic expectations on him from day one.
If he wanted to be involved at Leeds he should have started off as assistant. He should have gone elsewhere as Peacock did if he was set on such an executive role.
He’s no one to blame but himself for his failure.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17951
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: jools "I dont agree with this poor recruitment statement. On paper Leeds have a very good squad. They have marquee players.
The issue is not the individuals it’s the lack of team unity.
Could be seen on the pitch yesterday. No leadership and no plan.
Structure is non-existent. Both in attack and defence. They aren’t working for each other. The old heads aren’t used to it and the newbies are finding it difficult to integrate.
Off the cuff stuff works with a team of tight knit players who know each other well. It doesn’t work with a team of individuals.

Giving Sinfield this job was bound to be a failure. He’s inexperienced and had unrealistic expectations on him from day one.
If he wanted to be involved at Leeds he should have started off as assistant. He should have gone elsewhere as Peacock did if he was set on such an executive role.
He’s no one to blame but himself for his failure.'"

If they had some decent go forward in their pack, many of their problems would be solved (well, up to a point anyway).
They havent been able to win the forward battle in any of their games so far and the Bradford game was a clear example.

Mistakes will always happen but, these become magnified in a losing side and one that is severely lacking in confidence.
Sacking Furner so soon into his tenure was a huge mistake. After all, he had nothing to do with the last few seasons and was only part way through making the squad his own.

It just seemed a crazy decision and should they put another coach in there, mid season, just what is he expected to do.

The fact that they have a couple of marque signings would infer that they are spent up to the cap, or close to it and unless a new coach can quickly get some of the squad out on loan, there wont be much of an opportunity to change the playing roster until the close season.

The irony of Leeds and their reserve side (KR) doing battle with London for the wooden spoon could really spice up the end of season relegation battle.

The Magic fixture has become massive and Ward at London will have had this one in mind since London were promoted.

77 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
77 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.95703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Salford H
Dave K.
5m
Play-offs
Deeeekos
5m
Play offs
newcat
5m
Shopping list for 2025
Dave K.
10m
Max
lifelongfan
33m
Todays match v Saints
Captain Hook
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
Recent
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
Recent
Film game
Wanderer
Recent
Sheffield A
ChinaBull
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Highlights v Whitehaven
Dunkirk Spir
23s
Hull KR H
Geese
24s
Accounts
faxcar
34s
IMG scores
PopTart
37s
Whitehaven
PopTart
41s
Hull live/Tomlinson
jimmyfivebel
42s
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
47s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
krisleeds
49s
Jordan Crowther
Big lads mat
56s
Salford H
Dave K.
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Max
lifelongfan
TODAY
Play-offs
Deeeekos
TODAY
Highlights v Whitehaven
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Play offs
newcat
TODAY
George Williams
Howfenwire
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Away
Wire Weaver
TODAY
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off London Challenge
RLFANS News
TODAY
Salford Close In On The Play Offs As Dragons Crisis Continues
RLFANS News
TODAY
Batley v Dons - Sunday 8 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
Staying down after head contact
The games af
TODAY
Broncos Ladies
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
OT players staying down but staying on after treatment
djcool
TODAY
Hull live/Tomlinson
jimmyfivebel
TODAY
Todays match v Saints
Captain Hook
TODAY
New England RL shirt
The Curtism
TODAY
Reserves Grand Final
RobRiches
TODAY
Shareholder meetings
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth After Defeating Castleford Tigers
RLFANS News
TODAY
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six After Destroying Hull FC
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
Five Into Three - Our Top Six ..
Leigh Leopards Lay Claim To Pl..
Salford Up To Fourth After Dem..
Hull KR Embarrass Saints As Th..
Rhinos Sweep Past the Dragons ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,059 ↑10380,11314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 13th Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R28
10:50
Penrith
v
Sydney
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R26
20:00
Leigh
v
Hull KR
St.Helens
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
Leeds
 Sat 14th Sep
07:05
Melbourne
v
Cronulla
10:50
NQL Cowboys
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
York V
St.HelensW
v
BarrowW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Salford
       Championship 2024-R26
Barrow
v
Whitehaven
Bradford
v
Batley
Dewsbury
v
Swinton
Doncaster
v
Widnes
Featherstone
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Halifax
Catalans
v
LondonB
 Sun 15th Sep
07:05
Canterbury
v
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
12:00
WiganW
v
LeedsW
Hudds W
v
Wire W
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 13th Sep
SL
Leigh-Hull KR
SL
St.Helens-Castleford
SL
Wigan-Leeds
Sat 14th Sep
SL
Hull FC-Salford
SL
Catalans-LondonB
Sun 15th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Warrington
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
SL
Wigan-Salford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 8th Sep
SL 25 Huddersfield22-16LondonB
WSL2024 13 LeedsW52-12FeatherstoneW
WSL2024 13 BarrowW24-4Hudds W
WSL2024 13 WiganW12-16York V
CH 25 Batley0-38Doncaster
CH 25 Halifax34-6Dewsbury
CH 25 Sheffield12-30Bradford
CH 25 Swinton28-8Featherstone
CH 25 Wakefield60-6Whitehaven
CH 25 Widnes6-12York
NRL 27 Manly20-40Cronulla
NRL 27 Newcastle14-6Dolphins
Sat 7th Sep
SL 25 Warrington16-2St.Helens
SL 25 Salford27-12Catalans
WSL2024 13 Wire W0-98St.HelensW
CH 25 Barrow24-36Toulouse
NRL 27 St.George24-26Canberra
NRL 27 Canterbury6-44NQL Cowboys
NRL 27 Penrith18-12Gold Coast
Fri 6th Sep
SL 25 Castleford12-34Leigh
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 25 619 336 283 40
Hull KR 25 669 311 358 38
Warrington 25 618 319 299 36
Salford 25 492 479 13 30
Leigh 25 548 362 186 29
St.Helens 25 544 366 178 28

Leeds 25 514 424 90 28
Catalans 25 439 415 24 26
Huddersfield 25 434 582 -148 18
Castleford 25 411 661 -250 15
Hull FC 25 320 812 -492 6
LondonB 25 309 850 -541 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 23 872 252 620 44
Bradford 23 602 359 243 30
Toulouse 22 624 322 302 29
Widnes 23 499 403 96 27
York 24 609 419 190 26
Featherstone 23 560 452 108 26

Sheffield 23 574 466 108 26
Doncaster 23 440 513 -73 21
Halifax 23 457 579 -122 20
Batley 23 364 497 -133 20