JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2020Oct 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1506.jpg
[quote:18jc6kzm]I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls[/quote:18jc6kzm] [quote:18jc6kzm]Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.[/quote:18jc6kzm] [quote="Jamie Jones-Buchanan":18jc6kzm]"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.[/quote:18jc6kzm]:1506.jpg

Quote: Gallanteer "And yes, more could be done in the UK as well, but if the RFL continues to work on overseas clubs, they are distracted again in the other direction.'"

This is the point I take real issue with, because to argue that the RFL are "distracted by overseas clubs" and "neglecting the heartlands" reinforces two very dangerous assumptions.

1. That the RFL is providing undue support to expansion clubs (be that financial or other resources) when there's more than enough evidence from failed expansion efforts to suggest that isn't the case.

2. That the heartland clubs are justified in relying too heavily on the RFL to perform tasks that fall very much within their remit - marketing, commercial, player development and media relations for example.

We hear a lot of people yelling "focus on the heartlands!" with very little explaination of what that means.

Does that mean marketing the clubs more? The clubs should be marketing themselves anyway.

Does that mean giving the clubs more money? Where is the return on investment in that? Most heartland clubs are absolute money-pits as they currently are - any money that you do give them will more than likely end up paying off last year's tax debt.

Does it mean throwing more money at youth development? If so, why can't our players of the future come from beyond the M62 corridor?

How does "focusing on the heartlands" make this sport more attractive to outside investment - from sponsors and broadcasters for example?

I'd be the first to acknowledge that overseas expansion to NA carries risks, but so does 'focusing on the heartlands'. The difference with NA is that whilst the risks may be higher, so are the [ipotential [/irewards. We have new clubs that are getting people talking about this sport and attracting new audiences that we often struggle to reach whilst, at the same time, we have 100+ year-old clubs going around and around in ever-decreasing circles because they can't work out that relying on dads and grandads to drag their reluctant kids to the next loop fixture isn't a sustainable model for attracting fans.

So come on you "RFL should focus on the heartland"-ers - what does this actually mean? And how does it actually tackle the key issues facing the sport?

RankPostsTeam
Moderator99732No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Fish/PDT_Fish_35.gif
:Fish/PDT_Fish_35.gif

Quote: robinrovers10 "If Sky were to pull the plug on the money, in order to keep the game proffesional they would be some mergers to boost the attendances so only Sponsorship and turnstyle money is used to pay wages. Imagine the following Super League.

Greater Manchester Marauders (Leigh, Swinton, Oldham, Salford)
Wakefield Rovers (Wakey & Featherstone)
West Yorkshire Steelers (Hudds, Halifax, Bradford & Keighley)
Yorkshire Exiles (Batley, Dewsbury, Donny, Sheffield, Hunslet & York)
Northern Charge (Whitehaven, Workington, Barrow & Newcastle Thunder)
Combined French XIII (Catalans, Toulouse and rest of France)

Added to teams who could elf sustain due to larger crowds and long term backers in
Not in Castleford icon_eek.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: bramleyrhino "This is the point I take real issue with, because to argue that the RFL are "distracted by overseas clubs" and "neglecting the heartlands" reinforces two very dangerous assumptions.

1. That the RFL is providing undue support to expansion clubs (be that financial or other resources) when there's more than enough evidence from failed expansion efforts to suggest that isn't the case.

2. That the heartland clubs are justified in relying too heavily on the RFL to perform tasks that fall very much within their remit - marketing, commercial, player development and media relations for example.

We hear a lot of people yelling "focus on the heartlands!" with very little explaination of what that means.

Does that mean marketing the clubs more? The clubs should be marketing themselves anyway.

Does that mean giving the clubs more money? Where is the return on investment in that? Most heartland clubs are absolute money-pits as they currently are - any money that you do give them will more than likely end up paying off last year's tax debt.

Does it mean throwing more money at youth development? If so, why can't our players of the future come from beyond the M62 corridor?

How does "focusing on the heartlands" make this sport more attractive to outside investment - from sponsors and broadcasters for example?

I'd be the first to acknowledge that overseas expansion to NA carries risks, but so does 'focusing on the heartlands'. The difference with NA is that whilst the risks may be higher, so are the [ipotential [/irewards. We have new clubs that are getting people talking about this sport and attracting new audiences that we often struggle to reach whilst, at the same time, we have 100+ year-old clubs going around and around in ever-decreasing circles because they can't work out that relying on dads and grandads to drag their reluctant kids to the next loop fixture isn't a sustainable model for attracting fans.

So come on you "RFL should focus on the heartland"-ers - what does this actually mean? And how does it actually tackle the key issues facing the sport?'"

There are so many things wrong with the game and with it's strategy for expansion, albeit, this is a closely guarded secret, but, when you get quotes saying "help deliver the RFL's vision" it does make you wonder what the agenda is.

Right now, it appears that if ANYONE comes along with a pocket full of money, "we" will encourage them to attempt to create a SL club.
On the surface this sounds like a half decent plan but, the reality is that dropping RL clubs into "barren" areas, usually ends in failure, which is usually down to the money running out or the new owner getting "bored" at how difficult it is to propel a club to the top of the sport.

Surely, a more "organic" approach would be better and IF we are serious about expanding the sport, why are we not investing time and effort into "creating" clubs in the Midlands, North East and Cumbria, which would give the sport wider coverage in the northern half of the country and then in 5/10 years time look again at where to move next.

We have a reasonably successful SL club in France and again, why is more help not being given to Toulouse. Indeed, why the hell weren't they (along with Toronto) promoted into SL when we had the latest re-structure.
This was a no brainer but, the men in suits with their global "vision" couldn't / wouldn't grasp the nettle and IF these two clubs offer so much to the sport and will help generate real additional income for the sport, why the hell wasn't it done. After all, Toronto will be blowing a fortune in the Championship and Toulouse probably need to be in SL to make a real go of things.

The major plus with Toronto has been the interest that they have been able to generate from a flat start and The RFL should seriously think about either hiring the people who have achieved this or, at the very least, fid out how they can o the same over here.

When you consider that clever publicity can make us interested in just about anything, why cant RL work out a formula to make the sport more attractive.

Unfortunately, it requires a sustained effort in advertising and clever work through social media and of course, money and these 3 things seem non existent in the sport of RL.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member12792
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2020Oct 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1506.jpg
[quote:18jc6kzm]I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls[/quote:18jc6kzm] [quote:18jc6kzm]Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.[/quote:18jc6kzm] [quote="Jamie Jones-Buchanan":18jc6kzm]"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.[/quote:18jc6kzm]:1506.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 "There are so many things wrong with the game and with it's strategy for expansion, albeit, this is a closely guarded secret, but, when you get quotes saying "help deliver the RFL's vision" it does make you wonder what the agenda is.'"

This I do agree with. I do was suprised when the press release about Hemel and NY used the phrase "our strategic vision". I don't necessarily expect the RFL to bare all in public (there are good commercial reasons not to), but it does need better communication on what, if anything, this means.

Quote: wrencat1873 "Surely, a more "organic" approach would be better and IF we are serious about expanding the sport, why are we not investing time and effort into "creating" clubs in the Midlands, North East and Cumbria, which would give the sport wider coverage in the northern half of the country and then in 5/10 years time look again at where to move next.'"

Isn't "creating" clubs incredibly similar to "expecting someone with deep pockets to create one"? At the moment we have encouraged clubs to work from the bottom (Coventry, Newcastle, etc) and there have been some successes, but to get these types of clubs to a position where they are going to make any meaningful impression on the sport's reach, commercial value or TV value is time that the sport simply does not have.

Cumbria cannot and will not be able to sustain a professional Super League club. The three clubs that are there already are money-pits as they are, and TV companies and sponsors aren't falling over themselves to 'break into' Whitehaven or Barrow.

And whether it's Toronto, London, Newcastle, Coventry or Hemel, the same tedious objections come up time and time again - "away fans", "travel for part time players" and so-on and so-on. The reality is that whatever the RFL expansion vision is, there will still be a core of the supporter base that won't be happy unless the RFL is putting more money into the same black holes.

The question stands - what does "focusing on the heartlands", "helping the traditional clubs" or "making the heartlands strong" (or whatever hue of that viewpoint you prefer) actually mean?

Quote: wrencat1873 "We have a reasonably successful SL club in France and again, why is more help not being given to Toulouse. Indeed, why the hell weren't they (along with Toronto) promoted into SL when we had the latest re-structure.

This was a no brainer but, the men in suits with their global "vision" couldn't / wouldn't grasp the nettle and IF these two clubs offer so much to the sport and will help generate real additional income for the sport, why the hell wasn't it done. After all, Toronto will be blowing a fortune in the Championship and Toulouse probably need to be in SL to make a real go of things.
'"

What does this "help" look like exactly? Is it money to Toulouse or the FFR? Is it development officers (which is th FFRXIII's role surely)? Is it marketing and promotional resources? The club's most recent home game attracted a crowd that's comparable to many Super League gates - they seem to be making a good fist of it with their own resources.

Quote: wrencat1873 "The major plus with Toronto has been the interest that they have been able to generate from a flat start and The RFL should seriously think about either hiring the people who have achieved this or, at the very least, fid out how they can o the same over here.'"

Here's the paradox though. People take issue with "guys with deep pockets" coming into the sport and putting teams in barron wastelands, but at the same time we want to learn from them, copy the good things they do and even hire them? The two are a contradiction. Either we want these people to invest in the sport (and we have to accept that they will invest on their own terms) or we don't.

Quote: wrencat1873 "When you consider that clever publicity can make us interested in just about anything, why cant RL work out a formula to make the sport more attractive.'"

That question needs to be posed to the clubs as much as it does the RFL.

Quote: wrencat1873 "Unfortunately, it requires a sustained effort in advertising and clever work through social media and of course, money and these 3 things seem non existent in the sport of RL.'"

Agreed. As I've said before we have 12 SL clubs and so we have at least 12 people with "marketing", "media" or "PR" in their job title. Most of those 12 people are not earning their salary.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: bramleyrhino "This I do agree with. I do was suprised when the press release about Hemel and NY used the phrase "our strategic vision". I don't necessarily expect the RFL to bare all in public (there are good commercial reasons not to), but it does need better communication on what, if anything, this means.

Isn't "creating" clubs incredibly similar to "expecting someone with deep pockets to create one"? At the moment we have encouraged clubs to work from the bottom (Coventry, Newcastle, etc) and there have been some successes, but to get these types of clubs to a position where they are going to make any meaningful impression on the sport's reach, commercial value or TV value is time that the sport simply does not have.

Cumbria cannot and will not be able to sustain a professional Super League club. The three clubs that are there already are money-pits as they are, and TV companies and sponsors aren't falling over themselves to 'break into' Whitehaven or Barrow.

And whether it's Toronto, London, Newcastle, Coventry or Hemel, the same tedious objections come up time and time again - "away fans", "travel for part time players" and so-on and so-on. The reality is that whatever the RFL expansion vision is, there will still be a core of the supporter base that won't be happy unless the RFL is putting more money into the same black holes.

The question stands - what does "focusing on the heartlands", "helping the traditional clubs" or "making the heartlands strong" (or whatever hue of that viewpoint you prefer) actually mean?

What does this "help" look like exactly? Is it money to Toulouse or the FFR? Is it development officers (which is th FFRXIII's role surely)? Is it marketing and promotional resources? The club's most recent home game attracted a crowd that's comparable to many Super League gates - they seem to be making a good fist of it with their own resources.

Here's the paradox though. People take issue with "guys with deep pockets" coming into the sport and putting teams in barron wastelands, but at the same time we want to learn from them, copy the good things they do and even hire them? The two are a contradiction. Either we want these people to invest in the sport (and we have to accept that they will invest on their own terms) or we don't.

That question needs to be posed to the clubs as much as it does the RFL.

Agreed. As I've said before we have 12 SL clubs and so we have at least 12 people with "marketing", "media" or "PR" in their job title. Most of those 12 people are not earning their salary.'"

Sorry Bramley but my IT skills mean that I cant break your post down as you have with mine. However, I'll go with this.

Cumbria, yes, the geographical limitations (lakes and mountain, plus, poor road network) do make it almost a non runner.

Toulouse, should have been promoted (along with Toronto) into a 14 club SL, end of.

Regarding either wanting guys with deep pockets or not ?

The point with this is that Toronto have, by themselves been able to generate significant interest in our sport and yet, despit paying some of the hierarchy at the RFL substantial amounts of cash, THEY are unable to generate ANY similar interest and the sport is crying out for some kind of media guru or, clever social media person.
Instead, we have "ourRL" which is so bloody amateur, it's embarrassing, it's unbelievable.
The ticket lines dont work, the live streams are hit and miss,, the advertising is less than zero etc, etc.
This is THE key area to get right and it's shocking.

I went to the England/ France game at Leigh this season and getting tickets was extremely difficult and instead of a sell out, the ground was barely half full.
Unable to sell 10,000 tickets for the first international since the world cup was criminal.

Fans of the game turn up IN SPITE of the poor organisation and not because of it.

Finally, regarding your point about the 12 SL clubs doing more. Yes, of course they can.
However, the strategy for selling the game should come from the top down and not bottom up and quite frankly, there is no strategy for selling the game or growing it properly. "We" are hanging on to the coat tails of a wealthy N. American guy and just hoping that it's a success but, we are playing a very dangerous game and the practicalities and costs of competing in a trans Atlantic league, when clubs can barely afford to travel accross the M62 are slightly bewildering and without an additional TV deal (or increase in the current Sky deal, which looks highly unlikely), we are volunteering significant extra cost for each club, with NOTHING in return. It really doesnt make commercial sense.
Maybe the secret plan, on the back of a fag packet in Red Hall will prove myself and the rest of the doubters wrong but, I seriously doubt it.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator5973
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66556_1331046115.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66556.jpg

Quote: Wanderer "Not in Castleford
They could merge with Widnes and London and play in Birmingham!!!

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member12792
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2020Oct 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1506.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 "The point with this is that Toronto have, by themselves been able to generate significant interest in our sport and yet, despit paying some of the hierarchy at the RFL substantial amounts of cash, THEY are unable to generate ANY similar interest and the sport is crying out for some kind of media guru or, clever social media person.
Instead, we have "ourRL" which is so bloody amateur, it's embarrassing, it's unbelievable.
The ticket lines dont work, the live streams are hit and miss,, the advertising is less than zero etc, etc.
This is THE key area to get right and it's shocking.
.'"

I will agree with you on the failings of the RFL - the game at Leigh is a great example of the system failing. However, I cannot agree with you that the clubs can't be held responsible for their own growth and their own affairs. The clubs have used the RFL as a convenient lightning rod for their own failings for years, and the fans still buy that lie

We don't need a media guru - we supposedly have 12 on the pay-roll of the SL clubs. If we don't, then the clubs should never have hired them.

You can't take what one owner at one club has done and say the the RFL alone should be responsible for replicating that across three levels of professional and semi professional leagues - it's setting up the RFL to fail. Every club has its own priorities, it's own markets and its own capabilities.

The clubs are the primary point of consumption for the sport. It's they who sell the tickets and the merchandise, they who bring in the audience, they should know their target audiences and the local demographics and they who develop the product on the field. It is THEY who should have their own respective strategies for growth. If they were successful at doing that, the sport would be in a much better position.

As a sport we've pegged one of the biggest expenses (player salaries) at practically the same level for 20 years. If clubs can't afford a bus fare across the M62 even with a £1m real-terms cut in one of their biggest expenses and a bigger TV deal, the thing that's wrong isn't the RFL.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2418No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20169 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74893_1459005583.jpg
snaivooladniv eht fo thgim eht eraweb:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_74893.jpg

Quote: robinrovers10 "If Sky were to pull the plug on the money, in order to keep the game proffesional they would be some mergers to boost the attendances so only Sponsorship and turnstyle money is used to pay wages. Imagine the following Super League.

Greater Manchester Marauders (Leigh, Swinton, Oldham, Salford)
Wakefield Rovers (Wakey & Featherstone)
West Yorkshire Steelers (Hudds, Halifax, Bradford & Keighley)
Yorkshire Exiles (Batley, Dewsbury, Donny, Sheffield, Hunslet & York)
Northern Charge (Whitehaven, Workington, Barrow & Newcastle Thunder)
Combined French XIII (Catalans, Toulouse and rest of France)

Added to teams who could elf sustain due to larger crowds and long term backers in

So by my reckoning you've just destroyed 16 historical UK clubs in one foul swoop , well done

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1087No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
77270_1562571079.jpg
The Leigh and Wakefield fans mentality...... Say something negative about any other team than theirs - Its an opinion Say something negative about Leigh and Wakefield - TROLL:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_77270.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 "Well, for a kick off, they've made it possible for plastic teams like Toronto (and New York) to have a league to join.
The irony of your comment is wonderful.
How have wakefield made it possible for Toronto to field a team? Toronto have been in existence for 3 hours and already have an average gate double what Wakefield have, even though wakefield have been in existence for over 100 years. In fact my mistake. It’s 3 times when you factor in the lack of away fans. As for SL quality players, not like Wakefield product any. Just because you promote an academy player doesn’t constitute SL standard.

Wakefield are a drain on the game, Toronto aren’t

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain56No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20196 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Ruune Rebellion "How have wakefield made it possible for Toronto to field a team? Toronto have been in existence for 3 hours and already have an average gate double what Wakefield have, even though wakefield have been in existence for over 100 years. In fact my mistake. It’s 3 times when you factor in the lack of away fans. As for SL quality players, not like Wakefield product any. Just because you promote an academy player doesn’t constitute SL standard.

Wakefield are a drain on the game, Toronto aren’t'"

Did you bash the keyboard while typing this?
I see you regularly mock the Wakefield education system, yet type barely legible bilge.

As for the actual content - well, it's obvious you are a troll so I won't look too deeply into it.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain783No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20196 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2019May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Messychops "Did you bash the keyboard while typing this?
I see you regularly mock the Wakefield education system, yet type barely legible bilge.

As for the actual content - well, it's obvious you are a troll so I won't look too deeply into it.'"

I think it's another account from the fake Frenchman.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain56No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20196 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: MGarbutt1986 "I think it's another account from the fake Frenchman.'"

It would seem so yes.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Ruune Rebellion "How have wakefield made it possible for Toronto to field a team? Toronto have been in existence for 3 hours and already have an average gate double what Wakefield have, even though wakefield have been in existence for over 100 years. In fact my mistake. It’s 3 times when you factor in the lack of away fans. As for SL quality players, not like Wakefield product any. Just because you promote an academy player doesn’t constitute SL standard.

Wakefield are a drain on the game, Toronto aren’t'"

WTF have Wakefield got to do with this conversation ?? and you really need to check your maths a026.gif
The comment that I passed was that without SL, Toronto or any other plastic teams wouldn't even exist.

It's not rocket science c020.gif

Back to SL sides, who are duty bound to run academy sides ??

The crux of this issue is the practicalities, long term, of having N.American sides competing in a European SL.
They exist purely because of money and without roots or substance.

Tell you what, let's scrap the game altogether in the UK and have 2 sides in each continent around the world. Each one clocking up air miles galore and without any heritage whatsoever. Would you pay to watch it ??

We havent even touched on whether its right that someone from N.America should be able to takeover a club and hijack it's licence to play over here (New York).

What kind of "sport" are we all following because RL is turning into farce, a far cry from its inception, when decent working blokes just wanted some expenses for missing some shifts at work, where local clubs played against each other for the SPORT and entertainment of "the working man".

As for Wakefield being a "drain on the game" d040.gif d040.gif d040.gif
They receive less than EVERY other SL club in central funding so, they may be doing the rest of SL a favour a046.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain783No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20196 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2019May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wrencat1873 "WTF have Wakefield got to do with this conversation ?? and you really need to check your maths I agree, but don't get taken in by the Faux Frenchmans latest guise, I thought half term was finished, but it seems the poster in question is more than likely on full benefits and heavy medication.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2922
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Looks like Ottowa is the location for Canada 2.

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... the-future
Looks like Ottowa is the location for Canada 2.

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... the-future

77 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
77 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.86376953125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Squad 2024
SingaporeFax
37m
Hudds
Deadcowboys1
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
Recent
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
Recent
Film game
Wanderer
Recent
Odsal lease up for sale
Wigan Bull
Recent
Sheffield A
Wigan Bull
Recent
Hull KR H
NickyKiss
Recent
Recruitment rumours and links
Boss Hog
Recent
Whitehaven
phe13
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Film game
Wanderer
56s
Leeds Rhinos - Away
Dave K.
56s
Whitehaven
phe13
1m
Who do we want in the play-offs
rubber ducki
1m
I struggle with this
atomic
1m
Hull KR H
NickyKiss
2m
Todays match v Saints
ratticusfinc
3m
Hull live/Tomlinson
The Dentist
3m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
3m
Recruitment rumours and links
Boss Hog
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 26
FoxyRhino
TODAY
7pm
PopTart
TODAY
Who do we want in the play-offs
rubber ducki
TODAY
Tomkins last chance
Big Steve
TODAY
Ken Rollin
PopTart
TODAY
Max
PopTart
TODAY
Play-offs
Deeeekos
TODAY
Highlights v Whitehaven
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Play offs
newcat
TODAY
George Williams
just_browny
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Away
Old Man John
TODAY
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off London Challenge
RLFANS News
TODAY
Salford Close In On The Play Offs As Dragons Crisis Continues
RLFANS News
TODAY
Batley v Dons - Sunday 8 September 2024
AdamH
TODAY
Staying down after head contact
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Broncos Ladies
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
OT players staying down but staying on after treatment
djcool
TODAY
Hull live/Tomlinson
The Dentist
TODAY
Todays match v Saints
ratticusfinc
TODAY
New England RL shirt
The Curtism
TODAY
Reserves Grand Final
Zig
TODAY
Shareholder meetings
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth After Defeating Castleford Tigers
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
Five Into Three - Our Top Six ..
Leigh Leopards Lay Claim To Pl..
Salford Up To Fourth After Dem..
Hull KR Embarrass Saints As Th..
Rhinos Sweep Past the Dragons ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 2,917 ↓-3880,11314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 13th Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R28
10:50
Penrith
v
Sydney
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R26
20:00
Leigh
v
Hull KR
St.Helens
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
Leeds
 Sat 14th Sep
07:05
Melbourne
v
Cronulla
10:50
NQL Cowboys
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
York V
St.HelensW
v
BarrowW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Salford
       Championship 2024-R26
Barrow
v
Whitehaven
Bradford
v
Batley
Dewsbury
v
Swinton
Doncaster
v
Widnes
Featherstone
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Halifax
Catalans
v
LondonB
 Sun 15th Sep
07:05
Canterbury
v
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
12:00
WiganW
v
LeedsW
Hudds W
v
Wire W
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 13th Sep
SL
Leigh-Hull KR
SL
St.Helens-Castleford
SL
Wigan-Leeds
Sat 14th Sep
SL
Hull FC-Salford
SL
Catalans-LondonB
Sun 15th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Warrington
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
SL
Wigan-Salford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 8th Sep
SL 25 Huddersfield22-16LondonB
WSL2024 13 LeedsW52-12FeatherstoneW
WSL2024 13 BarrowW24-4Hudds W
WSL2024 13 WiganW12-16York V
CH 25 Batley0-38Doncaster
CH 25 Halifax34-6Dewsbury
CH 25 Sheffield12-30Bradford
CH 25 Swinton28-8Featherstone
CH 25 Wakefield60-6Whitehaven
CH 25 Widnes6-12York
NRL 27 Manly20-40Cronulla
NRL 27 Newcastle14-6Dolphins
Sat 7th Sep
SL 25 Warrington16-2St.Helens
SL 25 Salford27-12Catalans
WSL2024 13 Wire W0-98St.HelensW
CH 25 Barrow24-36Toulouse
NRL 27 St.George24-26Canberra
NRL 27 Canterbury6-44NQL Cowboys
NRL 27 Penrith18-12Gold Coast
Fri 6th Sep
SL 25 Castleford12-34Leigh
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 25 619 336 283 40
Hull KR 25 669 311 358 38
Warrington 25 618 319 299 36
Salford 25 492 479 13 30
Leigh 25 548 362 186 29
St.Helens 25 544 366 178 28

Leeds 25 514 424 90 28
Catalans 25 439 415 24 26
Huddersfield 25 434 582 -148 18
Castleford 25 411 661 -250 15
Hull FC 25 320 812 -492 6
LondonB 25 309 850 -541 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 23 872 252 620 44
Bradford 23 602 359 243 30
Toulouse 22 624 322 302 29
Widnes 23 499 403 96 27
York 24 609 419 190 26
Featherstone 23 560 452 108 26

Sheffield 23 574 466 108 26
Doncaster 23 440 513 -73 21
Halifax 23 457 579 -122 20
Batley 23 364 497 -133 20