Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: vastman "What has the way a Ltd company spends it's money got to do with you.

For a club that is only kept afloat by a sugar daddy, a team with virtually no home grown players, a stadium rented from a football team, fans who mostly turn up on a freebie, to question another is a touch rich. However it's really non of my business how the body snatchers of SL spend the old mans money.'"

had someone else, a fan of another club said that Vasty, you can be sure you would be wading in, insults flying and demanding an apology

i would have hope recent events may have taught you how unimportant RL really is in the scheme of things and things like this are really un called for

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Marsdengiant "Why? You had £100K for Bird.'"

Because a club is run to make a profit. The interest in Bird came at a time when Huddersfield were interested in Drew and i think i remember Kear saying 'We'll allow Brad to go if the deal is right for Wakefield Trinity and Brad', hence the interest in Bird. To sign him we'd offload a player.

Would you therefore consider Korkidas, a reserve player at Castleford, a poor signing considering you have Chris Lawson in your first team squad coupled with some good academy props and a small injury list?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5629No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17051_1328816543.jpg
COME ON U 'ULL "Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price.":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17051.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "Hull seem to have plenty of props, Thackray could be a decent shot

but again, that isnt the point, If wakefield need a big offloading prop and cant find one here, fine got get Winterstein

but when you also cant find a winger so you need two players trained overseas, or a hooker, or a centre, or second row,

it stops being an issue of producing a big offloading prop and you start to wonder what we are actually producing,

and even then, Why do wakefield need 3 overseas hookers? is there really not a young british player good enough to be 3rd choice hooker? and why do you need Henderson, Martin and Demteriou when you have Atkins, and Gleeson who can play centre and Grix, snitch, wilkes, ferguson, bibb, pitts who can play 2nd row and you have let Golden go to Quins?'"

hes our only impact prop apart from sam moa who we are still waiting for so theres no chance we would let him go.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7911No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2012Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12166.gif
:12166.gif

Quote: vastman "What has the way a Ltd company spends it's money got to do with you.

For a club that is only kept afloat by a sugar daddy, a team with virtually no home grown players, a stadium rented from a football team, fans who mostly turn up on a freebie, to question another is a touch rich. However it's really non of my business how the body snatchers of SL spend the old mans money.'"

And thats poor from you Vasty, more holes in that than my sieve on the draining board

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: The Clan "There's your problem fella!

You choose to add your own spin on what I said by adding to it and then you then ask me to justify a statement that I never made.'"

so there are no clubs [ilike Wakefield [/i in your opinion then?

and the statement
[i
Like Trinity most clubs will need to bolster their team/squad with overseas signings of varied experience and quality all subject to the circumstances prevailing at the time. [/i

[ishould have read Like Trinity most clubs will need to bolster their team/squad with overseas signings of varied experience and quality all subject to the circumstances prevailing at the time, though none to the level of Wakefield[/i

but you are wrong, still, Hull KR arent far off, they need to improve, as do Wigan, Bradford arent terrible but they have shown they can do better, Les Catalans still need a helping hand and they are improving but they could also do a little better

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1977No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I like it when you make things up. You're so funny. Facts are such pesky things icon_biggrin.gif

Are you the same Vatsman who said on page 10 that you were moving on? icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: The Clan "Careful Smokey, your facade is slipping'"

did that really go over your head?

Quote: The Clan "It is! And in time it will do so in greater numbers.'"

where? how can you argue that its making it onto the pitch when you have 11 overseas players

Quote: The Clan "Anyone with any knowledge of how youth development works will understand that success is gauged on an individual basis.
One young player produced is a success.'"

no it isnt, producing one player simply isnt good enough, the law of averages means even if you put no effort at all in to youth development you will eventually produce a player of quality through sheer blind luck,

Quote: The Clan "To produce greater numbers of 1st grade players means broadening the base and that means greater finance and resource.
There are a number of reasons why some clubs are better positioned to grow their Youth programmes more quickly than others.'"

and here is where you start making excuses again, why poor little wakefield need some help, like they are in a remedial class or something, they are an SL club, and we demand SL results from them, if they cant produce them, then they need to think about whether SL is the right level for them

Quote: The Clan "
Which is why I chose to include them in my statement.'"

to detract from your own point, strange choice,

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7665
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7372_1323373487.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7372.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "so there are no clubs [ilike Wakefield [/i in your opinion then?

and the statement
[i
Like Trinity most clubs will need to bolster their team/squad with overseas signings of varied experience and quality all subject to the circumstances prevailing at the time. [/i

[ishould have read Like Trinity most clubs will need to bolster their team/squad with overseas signings of varied experience and quality all subject to the circumstances prevailing at the time, though none to the level of Wakefield[/i

but you are wrong, still, Hull KR arent far off, they need to improve, as do Wigan, Bradford arent terrible but they have shown they can do better, Les Catalans still need a helping hand and they are improving but they could also do a little better'"

Clubs will bolster their squads with overseas players, some players better than others, depending upon their circumstances.

Some clubs need less overseas players because they are in a better/different situation than another club.

Every club bolsters their squad to some degree,
as do Wakefield

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1977No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Trinity Till Death "Because a club is run to make a profit. The interest in Bird came at a time when Huddersfield were interested in Drew and i think i remember Kear saying 'We'll allow Brad to go if the deal is right for Wakefield Trinity and Brad', hence the interest in Bird. To sign him we'd offload a player.

Would you therefore consider Korkidas, a reserve player at Castleford, a poor signing considering you have Chris Lawson in your first team squad coupled with some good academy props and a small injury list?'"

You have your timeline all wrong re Bird and Brad. But never mind it is a good story.

Your Korki comment shows your desperation. He played 21 times last year (over 75%) whereas FW managed 5 (under 20%). You clearly have trouble understanding what reserve grade is - you'll fit in well at wakey!

Your comment on Laws is cheap. You want us to throw him into SL after major surgery - that is sick. You may do that in wakey, not at the Giants.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member13805No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3676.jpg
If London is Athens, Yorkshire is Sparta, a tougher community and proud of it.:3676.jpg

Ha ha!

Just for the record, Huddersfield are a team with at least as many and maybe more academy products who've played first grade than Wakefield (Jackson, Raleigh, Crabtree, Cudjoe, Lawrence), have far more promising youngsters (McGilvary, Sampson, Lopag, McNally, Johnson, Barber, Chappell, Worthington and loads more at 15/16 signing up). Have higher attendances and ST holders in 2008 than Wakey and well over 5k season ticket holders for this season. We part own our ground, a ground in which the football team have a zero holding which makes it impossible for us to rent off them.

In short, we're developing. We're getting better and better in all areas of development. Other clubs stagnate and in 3 years they may well be out of SL. Many will shed tears when this happens, although quite a few will be tears of joy!

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: The Clan "Clubs will bolster their squads with overseas players, some players better than others, depending upon their circumstances.

Some clubs need less overseas players because they are in a better/different situation than another club.

Every club bolsters their squad to some degree,
as do Wakefield'"

to a much greater level, yes

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SmokeyTA "Hull seem to have plenty of props, Thackray could be a decent shot

but again, that isnt the point, If wakefield need a big offloading prop and cant find one here, fine got get Winterstein

but when you also cant find a winger so you need two players trained overseas, or a hooker, or a centre, or second row,

it stops being an issue of producing a big offloading prop and you start to wonder what we are actually producing,

and even then, Why do wakefield need 3 overseas hookers? is there really not a young british player good enough to be 3rd choice hooker? and why do you need Henderson, Martin and Demteriou when you have Atkins, and Gleeson who can play centre and Grix, snitch, wilkes, ferguson, bibb, pitts who can play 2nd row and you have let Golden go to Quins?'"

The club were interested in Thackary at the end of the season, but for whatever reason it didn't work out. More than likely for financial reasons because the club has to make a profit.

Help me out Smokey, i want to understand but are we talking about one signing, or the production of youngsters?

Firstly Demetriou isn't a centre, secondly Grix isn't a second rower, thirdly Latu mainly plays loose, fourth Henderson tends to play second row, fifth Golden wasn't let go, Quins made a substantially higher bid than the club could afford. But in him leaving that has meant that Pitts, Bibb and Ferguson are getting alot more game, surely that's good?

Martin came in at a period when our centre's were developing (Gleeson & Atkins) and when Demetriou was making the transition to the forwards. Kear stated he needed experienced heads to guide the younger players. You cannot simply terminate somebodies contract because it doesn't sit right with a couple of people of fans.

We have good youngsters, we have a decent academy which has had alot of money spent on it recently (But that doesn't mean instant returns). We are working hard in the community, we are working to our limitations in the current climate. The people that matter, know what the club have and are continually doing and can see they're going in the right direction.

I will not say anymore on this matter, i understand what you're saying but everything isn't as cut and dry as it seems.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13712
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29100_1291104497.jpg
1/10:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29100.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "he is, absolutely,

but he also has the same pedigree as Frank Winterstein, 8 first grade appearances in Aus and a couple of Schoolboy caps'"

Well at least Smokey can see the similarity with Korkidas and Winterstein with regards to NRL reserve grade quality even if Marsdengiant can not (or refuses to?!).

However, we know how Korky will play with the comfort of a 3 year contract where as no one knows how Winterstein will fare until he plays an actual game in Super League.

Anyhow, now the cutandpasteathons have started I think I shall leave this topic well alone.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Trinity Till Death "The club were interested in Thackary at the end of the season, but for whatever reason it didn't work out. More than likely for financial reasons because the club has to make a profit.

Help me out Smokey, i want to understand but are we talking about one signing, or the production of youngsters?'"

we are talking about Wakefield 'apparantly' needing 11 overseas players this year

Quote: Trinity Till Death "Firstly Demetriou isn't a centre, secondly Grix isn't a second rower, thirdly Latu mainly plays loose, fourth Henderson tends to play second row, fifth Golden wasn't let go, Quins made a substantially higher bid than the club could afford. But in him leaving that has meant that Pitts, Bibb and Ferguson are getting alot more game, surely that's good?'"

but they can lll play there can they not? and Golden leaving so that Pitts Bibb and ferguson could play is neither here nor there when henderson was kept on

Quote: Trinity Till Death "Martin came in at a period when our centre's were developing (Gleeson & Atkins) and when Demetriou was making the transition to the forwards. Kear stated he needed experienced heads to guide the younger players. You cannot simply terminate somebodies contract because it doesn't sit right with a couple of people of fans.'"
so Kear made a mistake in signing him for too long, and now they have to pay his wages which meant Golden left and henderson stayed and they couldnt afford thackray so Winterstein has to come in

Quote: Trinity Till Death "We have good youngsters, we have a decent academy which has had alot of money spent on it recently (But that doesn't mean instant returns). We are working hard in the community, we are working to our limitations in the current climate. The people that matter, know what the club have and are continually doing and can see they're going in the right direction.'"

forgive me, but im sure i heard this 3 or 4 years ago aswell

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Marsdengiant "
Your comment on Laws is cheap. You want us to throw him into SL after major surgery - that is sick. You may do that in wakey, not at the Giants.'"

But you said you wanted us to throw in youngsters? Why is it any different for you? Do we not have players with injuries in our first team and academy?

So what your saying is Korkidas is a short term replacement to cover for injuries? The same as what FW is for Wakefield? Huddersfield are as guilty as Wakefield are.

However, i chose not to see it that way. I chose to see it as the clubs looking after their youngsters whilst still competing to a high standard.

425 posts in 29 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
425 posts in 29 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.87939453125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
Boss Hog
10m
Loop fixtures 2025
karetaker
10m