JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

So, from the OP, 7 of the 12 SL sides have taken a pasting this season (Leeds, Salford, Hull KR, Huddersfield, Wakefield, Catalan and Castleford). One team not in that list is 12th placed Widnes Vikings.

We've taken the narrow defeat to new heights this season.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2921
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76030_1540929970.jpg
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES????? £20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000. The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover. There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT::d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76030.jpg

Quote: Karen "Seriously?? I believe the question is a valid one.

Jean stood and gloated at the banning of the 20k+ poster Gutterfax and yet is more guilty of trolling than that poster ever was. I understand that Gutterfax is a GOLD level sponsor of his local RL side now in NZ, but because he posted "non conformist" ideas he was subject to a ban for the word w-nkr inserting @ and 3 wheRE a AND e should have been, being used in a jestful manner towards Chris Dalton......I see both Widnes fan Chris and the moderator that banned GF for such a petty infraction, St Simon don't post here any more.....as do a great many others who added to debates and instead we have trolls like Jean et al running free on the site......because the removal of reasoned debate resulted in a dramatic fall in traffic and the need to beg for advertising.

Gutterfax would rather give $5,000 to Petone Panthers than the steam of his proverbial to RLFANS.COM who for some reason decided to be like "fascistotal rl" and only have positives things posted......

.....so yes, it is a valid opinion that the only reason Jean exists here is that he delivers click bait....

RankPostsTeam
Moderator11182
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2332_1524951567.jpg
:DAISY: [size=100:2fjo96hf][i:2fjo96hf]Black 'n' White's Best Female 2006 & Runner Up 2007 & 2008[/i:2fjo96hf][/size:2fjo96hf] :DAISY: "We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club", A Pearson 23/09/2011:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2332.jpg

Quote: Call Me God "I believe the question is a valid one.

Jean stood and gloated at the banning of the 20k+ poster Gutterfax and yet is more guilty of trolling than that poster ever was. I understand that Gutterfax is a GOLD level sponsor of his local RL side now in NZ, but because he posted "non conformist" ideas he was subject to a ban for the word w-nkr inserting @ and 3 wheRE a AND e should have been, being used in a jestful manner towards Chris Dalton......I see both Widnes fan Chris and the moderator that banned GF for such a petty infraction, St Simon don't post here any more.....as do a great many others who added to debates and instead we have trolls like Jean et al running free on the site......because the removal of reasoned debate resulted in a dramatic fall in traffic and the need to beg for advertising.

Gutterfax would rather give $5,000 to Petone Panthers than the steam of his proverbial to RLFANS.COM who for some reason decided to be like "fascistotal rl" and only have positives things posted......

.....so yes, it is a valid opinion that the only reason Jean exists here is that he delivers click bait....'"

Having an opinion differing to yours does not make someone a troll and the sooner people realise that the better this place will be.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2921
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76030_1540929970.jpg
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES????? £20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000. The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover. There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT::d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76030.jpg

Quote: Karen "Having an opinion differing to yours does not make someone a troll and the sooner people realise that the better this place will be.'"

I don't always have a different opinion to Jean, but that's not the point here. The poster in question is deliberately provocative in many threads and that is trolling of the highest order. Back in the days of the CJ voluntary tackle thread and the likes of League Freak posting on here, the moderators rarely got involved and if they did they were adhered to.....but a few years back that all changed and as a result, the traffic on the site is decreasing as the number of adverts that we get hit with increases.
As I say, I am not calling Jean a troll because he/she has a different opinion, I am doing it because he/she does troll.....The multiple user ID conspiracy theories are based on similar styles of posting as well as detrimental comments about Leigh and/or Wakefield, but I suppose that group trolling is a possibility. Back in the halcyon days of CJVT, such "banter" would have been stepped on quickly, but here it is permitted because without LeBron, Sir Kev and Jean, the traffic on here would be 50% down, such is the bed that the over-zealous moderation of a few years back made for itself.
An example of his/her trolling in page 2 of the poll he posted
Quote: Karen "

You are so pathetically an insular flat capper. Toronto and Toulouse have teams and fans. Toronto already have a better business setup and many more fans than woeful Wakefield.

Toronto and Toulouse will bring more corporate money, new fans, TV coverage, and credibility into the game than woeful Wakefield -- or for that matter witless Widnes or silly Salford..'"

Banter between rival teams is expected, but this is scattergun insulting with the sole purpose of winding up other posters...ergo, TROLLING. He/she is very adept at it, but it is trolling.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator11182
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2332_1524951567.jpg
:DAISY: [size=100:2fjo96hf][i:2fjo96hf]Black 'n' White's Best Female 2006 & Runner Up 2007 & 2008[/i:2fjo96hf][/size:2fjo96hf] :DAISY: "We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club", A Pearson 23/09/2011:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2332.jpg

Quote: Call Me God "I don't always have a different opinion to Jean, but that's not the point here. The poster in question is deliberately provocative in many threads and that is trolling of the highest order. Back in the days of the CJ voluntary tackle thread and the likes of League Freak posting on here, the moderators rarely got involved and if they did they were adhered to.....but a few years back that all changed and as a result, the traffic on the site is decreasing as the number of adverts that we get hit with increases.
As I say, I am not calling Jean a troll because he/she has a different opinion, I am doing it because he/she does troll.....The multiple user ID conspiracy theories are based on similar styles of posting as well as detrimental comments about Leigh and/or Wakefield, but I suppose that group trolling is a possibility. Back in the halcyon days of CJVT, such "banter" would have been stepped on quickly, but here it is permitted because without LeBron, Sir Kev and Jean, the traffic on here would be 50% down, such is the bed that the over-zealous moderation of a few years back made for itself.
An example of his/her trolling in page 2 of the poll he posted
Banter between rival teams is expected, but this is scattergun insulting with the sole purpose of winding up other posters...ergo, TROLLING. He/she is very adept at it, but it is trolling.'"

Giving teams a silly name isn't against the AUP, nor is it trolling, it's simply showing them up for the childish poster they are. I chuckle to myself and ignore them and I can 100% guarantee that if others did the same they would get bored. It's done for a reaction, and they get it in abundance unfortunately.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1967
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59837_1508749784.jpg
Irony is represented below. [quote="JEAN CAPDOUZE":162hm7sy]He is not telling the truth. He is talking paranoid rubbish.[/quote:162hm7sy]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59837.jpg

So they are doing it for a reaction, and yet when posters react they are scowled at by moderators while the poster who causes this is ignored.

And you wonder why posters are not bothering with this place anymore.

RankPostsTeam
International Star21410
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
62021_1514912988.png
[img:12j4q57k]https://i.imgur.com/ayH2ksC.jpg[/img:12j4q57k]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_62021.png

Quote: RoyBoy29 "So they are doing it for a reaction, and yet when posters react they are scowled at by moderators while the poster who causes this is ignored.

And you wonder why posters are not bothering with this place anymore.'"

eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1999
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35006_1638866888.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35006.jpg

Quote: Karen "Giving teams a silly name isn't against the AUP, nor is it trolling, it's simply showing them up for the childish poster they are. I chuckle to myself and ignore them and I can 100% guarantee that if others did the same they would get bored. It's done for a reaction, and they get it in abundance unfortunately.'"

You're a mod, but don't understand that the primary objective of a troll is to generate a reaction?

Trolling – (verb), as it relates to internet, is the deliberate act, (by a Troll – noun or adjective), of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument.

Maybe you need to update the AUP?

RankPostsTeam
International Star4091No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Call Me God "I believe the question is a valid one.

.....so yes, it is a valid opinion that the only reason Jean exists here is that he delivers click bait....'"

Don’t abuse people and you won’t be banned Gutterfax, that’s not a difficult rule to follow. Calling Wakefield Woeful cannot be compared to such abuse, whether it was intended to be jestful or not. Ironically Wakefield are having a good season, although I’d question how long they can keep splashing the cash on players with their pitiful attendances.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Sir Kevin Sinfield "Don’t abuse people and you won’t be banned Gutterfax, that’s not a difficult rule to follow. Calling Wakefield Woeful cannot be compared to such abuse, whether it was intended to be jestful or not. Ironically Wakefield are having a good season, although I’d question how long they can keep splashing the cash on players with their pitiful attendances.'"

do you know how annoying u are ?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2921
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76030_1540929970.jpg

Quote: Karen "Giving teams a silly name isn't against the AUP, nor is it trolling'"

Point of order. It is trolling and trolling of the highest order as it is designed to generate an angry or irate response...it's a wind up and therefore by definition, it it trolling

Quote: Karen "Don’t abuse people and you won’t be banned Gutterfax, that’s not a difficult rule to follow.'"

Indeed...and if Gutterfax ad actually abused someone then he's be right to have been banned, but he didn't. A decision was made to ban him because he was seen as provocative. The fact that nearly all of his predictions regarding the state of the game in the UK and Australia as well as the fate of the London Broncos were spot on is either here nor there. As the owners of the site said at the time, "this isn't a democracy" and I for one am pretty delighted as to what a shambles these boards have become since the senior mods and owners decided that they'd ban him with no warning. The word w-nk-r with @ and 3 used instead of a and e is a minor infraction of the AUP......Gutterfax wasn't banned for life with no warning for a minor infraction....he was banned because the site owners said so! Reaping what they sow is an apt term....

RankPostsTeam
International Star11860No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:White Backgrounds/Statler.gif

Quote: joultram "So, from the OP, 7 of the 12 SL sides have taken a pasting this season (Leeds, Salford, Hull KR, Huddersfield, Wakefield, Catalan and Castleford). One team not in that list is 12th placed Widnes Vikings.

We've taken the narrow defeat to new heights this season.'"

You were comfortably thrashed at Wakefield and St Helens last night despite the "close" scorelines.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Leeds Rhinos 48 Toulouse Olympique 22. And with 3 conversions missed, could have been 54. swings/roundabouts chorleyjean. c015.gif c015.gif c015.gif c015.gif c015.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: Sir Kevin Sinfield "Don’t abuse people and you won’t be banned,.'"

Unless a Mod constantly deletes your posts because you question his rumours and have opposite views to him to the point you send abusive posts when your private messages complaining of his behaviour don’t change a thing.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain188No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: RoyBoy29 "So they are doing it for a reaction, and yet when posters react they are scowled at by moderators while the poster who causes this is ignored.

And you wonder why posters are not bothering with this place anymore.'"

eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

I've question this act of allowing the trolls to take over myself but had posts removed and basically being told to ignore them and shut up as i suspected the mods were in on it, this almost confirms it in that one of them is actually defending them eusa_snooty.gif eusa_snooty.gif

45 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
45 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.5390625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
5m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
10m