JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 199925 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8589_1512921015.jpg
[img:rn9g3499]//forums.rlfans.com/images/sigbanner2.png[/img:rn9g3499]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8589.jpg

Administrator

Stay on topic.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4837No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wrencat1873 "THat looks ok on a piece of paper but, ultimately you will end up with clubs that cant perform on the pitch being protected because they have shiney seats.Remember Sheffield or, is that Huddersfield ?
Apart from Wigan, Hull FC, Wire Leeds and Saints, the rest of SL would have to go, as they all fail to tick one of your boxes.
Just like in football, TV funding is the bread and butter of most clubs income and a long way from being icing or cherries on the top of the cake and it's ok to say, let's relegate certain clubs but, who are you going to replace them with.
firstly add Hull KR Catalans Widnes even Huddersfield who comfortably tick 2 out of the 3 boxes Cas tick 2 comfortably and wakey not far off, we all no the stadium issues for those two, Salford, no academy not development no support, and they don't actually own there own stadium or are even an effective partner in it. so i don't see how encouraging side who are not far of meeting the criteria to up the standards a bit is unfeasible. they dont have to all be new shiney stadiums but but why should wakey keep getting away with playing in a semi condemded hole, clubs like halifax hull kr don't have a new stadium but its more than fit for purpose.

Has for promotions well you just agreed with me as Leigh did offer less than Hull Kr so would it have been better to keep them up. if Leigh finish top and offer more than one of the super league teams then why should the under performing side off the field be given a place. time we stopped letting side just plod along in ramshackle stadiums or who have no support and don't even bother with player development, but hey oh if you can buy some good players and stay up then that ok. we need to start getting things right on and off the field

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36014
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: maurice "Might be missing something here but you ask a question and I provide a polite reply, try it someday instead of the childish abusive sheite your thick gob spouts'"

You casually consign two clubs to possible oblivion based on franchise to make way for you, yet you don't see anything wrong in that. Someone does it back and you're offended, love the hipocrisy I really do.

Wouldn't be quite so ludicrous if it weren't for tha fact that Salfords ground is every bit as good as yours. Whilst Wakefields structure and finances are some of the best around. So good in fact that we have been able to reinstate a reserve team.

Won't even mention where we ended last season compared to you. Call me old fashioned but isn't that the criteria that really count - if not then I'm out.

PS you do realise one of the clubs you mentioned doesn't exist. Also not convinced you'd win a franchise. In a world of international big city clubs do you seriously think there is a space for a small town like Leigh? You have a tidy little ground and that's it - that mate is not enough - you have been warned.

RankPostsTeam
Administrator21064
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 199925 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8589_1512921015.jpg
[img:rn9g3499]//forums.rlfans.com/images/sigbanner2.png[/img:rn9g3499]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8589.jpg

Administrator

14 clubs is perfect for me it makes the top 8 more applicable, currently the split of 8 through and 4 not is a bit of a joke.

Is it another draw bridge moment or are we still keeping P&R?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain834
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Why would anyone want rid of relegation and promotion. Its sport its what happens. Fair enough 14 teams in sl but the 2 should get these places need to be top 2 of the championship not just given to Toronto and Toulouse.

We had this franchiseing crap before which as ruined the game in the uk. A straight one up one down works fine the middle 8s worked fine and was enjoyable for all in the championship to have a shot at the sl teams. On top of that brings revenue in to these teams who are trying to build. If Halifax had not made the middle 8 this year we would of been stuffed as we struggled financially and made cut backs. Halifax Are one of the few teams with a good jounir setup unlike most he sl clubs who would rather spend money on ausies etc rather than develop local talent yet complain we can not beat the ausies.

If we need to add two teams to sl then league leader should be promoted then 2nd to 5th in play offs for a final

Then after that 14th from sl relegated each year with 1st promoted followed by a playoff system for the next spot with 13th 2nd 3rd 4th 5th and 6th

again a final at a neutral venue

Not hard to make it more attractive at all and plenty to play for each season

RankPostsTeam
Moderator31686
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
438_1551258406.jpg
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_438.jpg

There must be an open an honest P&R system between the leagues. At the very least it should be one up one down.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17933
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Bullseye "There must be an open an honest P&R system between the leagues. At the very least it should be one up one down.'"

Open and honest, a concept not even on the radar of those at HQ.
The best we could do is to set minimum criteria and then let our SPORT decide the winners and losers on the field of play.
Once the "suits" get involved, it just looks grubby and verging on corrupt.

The fact that the RFL still hold the lease at Odsal, means that the starting point is already clouded.

And there does need to be some scope for either promotion /relegation or, adding to the numbers in the top flight, something that was ill thought out last time.
Although the current structure has plenty of flaws, at least P/R is decided on a game of RL and not in some smoke filled room (metaphor only).

RankPostsTeam
Moderator31686
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
438_1551258406.jpg
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_438.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 "Open and honest, a concept not even on the radar of those at HQ.
The best we could do is to set minimum criteria and then let our SPORT decide the winners and losers on the field of play.
Once the "suits" get involved, it just looks grubby and verging on corrupt.

The fact that the RFL still hold the lease at Odsal, means that the starting point is already clouded.

And there does need to be some scope for either promotion /relegation or, adding to the numbers in the top flight, something that was ill thought out last time.
Although the current structure has plenty of flaws, at least P/R is decided on a game of RL and not in some smoke filled room (metaphor only).'"

Agree 100%.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15440
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Frank Zappa":1sacjrvf]Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.[/quote:1sacjrvf] [quote="The_Enforcer":1sacjrvf]Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.[/quote:1sacjrvf]:

I agree there needs to be a mechanism for on field performance to see a team promoted to SL, but think we need to protect clubs who are currently integral to the sport, given how fragile we are. I don't think it is in our best interests to allow Leeds/Warrington/Catalans (all of which have appeared in the qualifiers) to be relegated on the back of one bad season. We are too fragile to be blaze about the success of our few strong clubs.

My proposal would be to go to 14 and offer protection to clubs who are integral to the success/development of the sport (for me that's currently Catalans, Hull FC, Leeds, St Helens, Toronto, Toulouse, Warrington and Wigan) on the basis they maintain good crowds, run an academy, play in a good stadium etc. Then have a million pound game (or two legs) between the lowest placed non-protected club and the winner of the Championship. I know non-protected teams would moan, but I think that is a good system to protect our best assets whilst rewarding success on the field. We also get a Championship final that way, which may bring in a quid or two.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator31686
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
438_1551258406.jpg

I don't like the idea of "protected" teams as that suddenly leaves yourself open to accusations of bias. The only protection if there has to be any should be for 1 year for the club just promoted.

The rest shouldn't get an excuse to coast. Development sides shouldn't just be in SL on the back of work done in other areas either. For example I wouldn't admit Toronto until they have a proper junior set up or they are just going to use the existing player pool. Same applies to any SL club without an academy.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15440
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Frank Zappa":1sacjrvf]Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.[/quote:1sacjrvf] [quote="The_Enforcer":1sacjrvf]Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.[/quote:1sacjrvf]:

Quote: Bullseye "I don't like the idea of "protected" teams as that suddenly leaves yourself open to accusations of bias. The only protection if there has to be any should be for 1 year for the club just promoted.

The rest shouldn't get an excuse to coast. Development sides shouldn't just be in SL on the back of work done in other areas either. For example I wouldn't admit Toronto until they have a proper junior set up or they are just going to use the existing player pool. Same applies to any SL club without an academy.'"

Hence the conditions I proposed in terms of having an academy, good crowds etc. There is no bias, as all teams could be allowed to take advantage of protection if they can meet the set criteria. Every three years, review the criteria in order to hopefully push up standards. Agree regarding Toronto having an academy, they need to at least be incentivised to do that, if not forced. If a club is 'coasting' on the pitch but is getting good crowds, developing players, has a good ground etc. I'm OK with them staying in SL to be honest.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8675
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14002_1637716780.jpg
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14002.jpg

Quote: vastman "So who woukd be the two clubs that you'd get rid off ?

What makes you and the Bulls worthy of taking two spots, what could Leigh especially bring to SL that any of the existing clubs don't.

You've been in SL twice? And both times you were pathetic please explain your worth.'"

Your obsession with the Leigh Centurions is pathetic....is your ex boyfriend a Leigh fan by any chance ? icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif c020.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star17933
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Grimmy "Hence the conditions I proposed in terms of having an academy, good crowds etc. There is no bias, as all teams could be allowed to take advantage of protection if they can meet the set criteria. Every three years, review the criteria in order to hopefully push up standards. Agree regarding Toronto having an academy, they need to at least be incentivised to do that, if not forced. If a club is 'coasting' on the pitch but is getting good crowds, developing players, has a good ground etc. I'm OK with them staying in SL to be honest.'"

On the subject of a Toronto academy, where would you want this to be based ?
If it were in Toronto, everyone would moan that the costs of playing over there would be too much (and they probably would).
However, if it were based in England (which would probably be sensible) the very same people would moan that they weren't a Canadian club.
THey do need to find a way of developing their own talent, which would be key for any long term strategy.
However, this really does need thinking through.
The cries of expansion clubs "must start in league 1" have been made to look stupid, as any full time outfit regardless of their geographic location and with money in their pocket, will make a mockery of that league and it could be argued that their inclusion actually robbed Whitehaven or Barrow of a place in the Championship.

RankPostsTeam
International Star704No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59922_1314445400.jpg
Rugby is like a hard game of chess!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59922.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 "On the subject of a Toronto academy, where would you want this to be based ?
If it were in Toronto, everyone would moan that the costs of playing over there would be too much (and they probably would).
However, if it were based in England (which would probably be sensible) the very same people would moan that they weren't a Canadian club.
THey do need to find a way of developing their own talent, which would be key for any long term strategy.
However, this really does need thinking through.
The cries of expansion clubs "must start in league 1" have been made to look stupid, as any full time outfit regardless of their geographic location and with money in their pocket, will make a mockery of that league and it could be argued that their inclusion actually robbed Whitehaven or Barrow of a place in the Championship.'"

Toronto u20 team could play in the USARL. It's not a great standard I know, but it may help to raise the standards with a team being coached full time.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1090No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

If away supporters don't like attending a ground because it's not all shiney and sells them some pukka pies and a nice pint of corporate then they can vote with their feet. But if said club's home fans and chairman are still doing enough to keep said club competitive at Super League level and bringing through their own youth then I think they damn well merit their place. Some of the nobbers on here will be the death of Rugby League - happily seeing traditional clubs thrown out at the expense of the clubs with rich little sugar daddies and corporate sponsors. Won't be long until Super League is like the premier league if they have their way. 5 or 6 minted clubs scraping it out at the top and the rest left behind. No doubt they'll advocate the salary cap being abolished as well so their rich little owners can scrape up all the talent. Some excitement that would make for. Expect to start paying football prices not long afterwards for your supposedly working class sport.

In addition to the above really don't understand the excitement around Toronto. They shouldn't play in an English league. Neither should Catalan. They offer nothing to the local community and will bring next to no away fans and I'm not sure why making the game more popular in Toronto/Canada will benefit the English game as a whole. Our international squad is now etting towards a level of competing with Australia and I don't see how Toronto will help us develop English talent. For me it is experimentation for experimentation's sake. If Toronto would like to create a league then they should pump money into building the sport on Canada but shoehorning them into the Super League at the potential loss of hard working clubs with passionate fans who will add to the coffers like Featherstone and Bradford e.t.c? It's a no from me.

394 posts in 27 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
394 posts in 27 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.697265625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
WHO IS NEXT
Once were Lo
34m
This site is crap
ALAW
34m
Round 16 London Home
Once were Lo
46m
TV Games - Not Hull
bonaire
Recent
Batley Bulldogs H
Willzay
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
Recent
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
Recent
Other Championship Clubs
REDWHITEANDB
Recent
Planning for next season
LeythIg
Recent
Salford - Away
The games af
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Trebor1
1m
Salford - Away
The games af
1m
Other Championship Clubs
REDWHITEANDB
1m
Leigh h
apollosghost
3m
The NRL Thread
YosemiteSam
5m
IMG scores
FIL
5m
Squad 2024
faxcar
6m
WHO IS NEXT
Once were Lo
6m
Vegas Baby
Jason65
6m
Batley Bulldogs H
Willzay
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Accountability
Gazzagiant2
TODAY
email
orangeman
TODAY
This site is crap
ALAW
TODAY
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win Over the Broncos
RLFANS News
TODAY
Prettys Girls in your city for night
jackmac452
TODAY
Vegas Baby
Jason65
TODAY
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thriller
RLFANS News
TODAY
Reserves
BigTime
TODAY
Tonights game v Giants
karetaker
TODAY
Free parking
Philth
TODAY
Salford Away Travel Information
LancashireRe
TODAY
Batley next
Start@1873
TODAY
Round 16 London Home
Once were Lo
TODAY
Leeds
the-bearded-
TODAY
Injuries and available cover
walter wall
TODAY
Problems with this Site continued
karetaker
TODAY
3 clubs apply to join League 1
Huddersfield
TODAY
Sadly one less Bronco
nkpom
TODAY
Fan Village
[Gareth]
TODAY
The Seagulls v The Panthers
terry silver
TODAY
Las Vegas 2025 English ladies involved
Huddersfield
TODAY
New halfback signing
Pyrah123
TODAY
Batley Bulldogs H
Willzay
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
St Helens Break Fifty As They ..
Leigh Leopards Resurgence Clai..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M 3,038 80,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
05:00
Sydney
v
St.George
07:05
Canberra
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
12:00
Wire W
v
Hudds W
12:00
York V
v
BarrowW
       League One 2024-R14
14:00
Newcastle
v
Workington
14:30
Crusaders
v
Midlands
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R16
15:00
Salford
v
Hull FC
       Championship 2024-R14
Dewsbury
v
Doncaster
Featherstone
v
Whitehaven
Swinton
v
Widnes
Wakefield
v
Batley
York
v
Barrow
       League One 2024-R14
Keighley
v
Rochdale
 Thu 11th Jul
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
10:50
Dolphins
v
Souths
 Fri 12th Jul
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
11:00
Cronulla
v
Wests
     Womens Super League 2024-R8
17:30
WiganW
v
St.HelensW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
20:00
LondonB
v
Castleford
Warrington
v
Leeds
Warrington
v
St.Helens
 Sat 13th Jul
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
Leigh
v
Huddersfield
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 7th Jul
SL
Salford-Hull FC
Fri 12th Jul
SL
LondonB-Castleford
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Warrington-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
00:00
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
17:30
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 6th Jul
NRL 18 Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
NRL 18 Wests28-40Melbourne
NRL 18 NQL Cowboys20-22Manly
SL 16 Leeds17-16LondonB
WSL2024 7 LeedsW6-16St.HelensW
WSL2024 7 FeatherstoneW0-50WiganW
Fri 5th Jul
NRL 18 Cronulla16-20Gold Coast
NRL 18 Brisbane6-14Penrith
SL 16 St.Helens6-8Castleford
SL 16 Warrington48-0Huddersfield
SL 16 Wigan24-6Leigh
CH 14 Sheffield28-0Halifax
Thu 4th Jul
NRL 18 Parramatta16-32Souths
Sun 30th Jun
CH 13 Barrow0-36Wakefield
CH 13 Dewsbury12-38Bradford
CH 13 Halifax38-18Whitehaven
CH 13 Widnes16-24Batley
CH 13 York10-18Sheffield
L1 13 Cornwall10-16Crusaders
L1 13 Newcastle10-44Midlands
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 15 427 170 257 26
St.Helens 16 429 170 259 22
Warrington 16 406 213 193 22
Hull KR 15 383 201 182 22
Salford 15 295 288 7 20
Catalans 15 288 220 68 18

Leeds 16 291 286 5 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 16 246 435 -189 9
Hull FC 15 198 474 -276 4
LondonB 16 156 615 -459 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 13 486 142 344 26
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 13 341 218 123 18
Toulouse 12 332 174 158 16
Widnes 13 315 245 70 15
Featherstone 13 330 283 47 12

Batley 13 205 286 -81 12
Doncaster 13 237 325 -88 11
York 14 285 293 -8 10
Whitehaven 13 266 358 -92 10