JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2020Oct 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1506.jpg
[quote:18jc6kzm]I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls[/quote:18jc6kzm] [quote:18jc6kzm]Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.[/quote:18jc6kzm] [quote="Jamie Jones-Buchanan":18jc6kzm]"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.[/quote:18jc6kzm]:1506.jpg

Quote: Odem "I'm still waiting to see some serious marketing strategy on how to increase memberships across the board in Super League as seen in the NRL.

There seems to be no 'league wide' strategy to address some of the issues we have such as low crowds and lack of sponsorship.

I can't help but feel there is a lack of a long term plan when it comes to these things, more of a "we'll leave it to the clubs attitude".'"

It should be down to the clubs though. They should know their businesses better than anyone else and they should know their audiences better than anyone else.

This year, Salford have marketed themselves as something of a "disrupter" in the game (the "Devilution", "Welcome to Hell" etc). Koukash's persona suits this branding very well and whatever praise or criticism you want to throw at him and Salford, there is no denying that they have got people talking. However, if the RFL is running the show, I suspect much of the effectiveness of that would be diluted. Salford, like every other club, would have to toe the party line - and that can do more harm than good. Fourteen seperate brands, all saying the same things, all looking the same and all (in effect) selling the same is a bloody terrible marketing proposition.

The other issue I have is that it limits clubs in targeting their marketing at the audiences they want to attract. Let's assume that the RFL set out to attract a family audience, yet a club like Leeds or Wigan decides that they have a good proportion of families already attending and instead, would like to focus on attracting high-value corporate customers - would those clubs still have to pay into a pot to attract customers that they already have enough of?

RankPostsTeam
International Star662
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Mar 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
56536_1332273309.jpg
[color=#4000FF:3azhjk0y]RHINOS TILL I DIE[/color:3azhjk0y] [color=#0000FF:3azhjk0y]“Tough times come and go, tough people last forever" [/color:3azhjk0y]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_56536.jpg

Well I know a family of Bulls season ticketholders, who chose to go and watch the TDF on both Saturday and Sunday.

They could not believe that the Bulls match was not arranged for the Friday. With a good bit of marketing they should have been able to put at least another 4K on that pitiful attendance.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3479
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11388_1517050763.jpg
[quote="Gotcha in 2016":12w08s93]McDermott is going. I actually think he is more relaxed because of it, and seems to have let the shackles go. He apparently asked to finish the season, and that is what they agreed.[/quote:12w08s93] :lol: :lol: :lol::d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11388.jpg

Quote: Lebron James "Wakefield at home against one of the premier teams can only muster less than 5k???

Comes to something when people would rather watch a load of men wearing hotpants cycle past them. "Cool!! I just saw someone riding a bike, im going to faint through excitement".

Our sport is on its rear end

Regards

King James'"

You do know Trinity's ground capacity has been reduced this year don't you?
www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-6407110

Which kind of explains why the crowd dropped from over 10k last year to 5k this year.
Quote: Lebron James "Wakefield at home against one of the premier teams can only muster less than 5k???

Comes to something when people would rather watch a load of men wearing hotpants cycle past them. "Cool!! I just saw someone riding a bike, im going to faint through excitement".

Our sport is on its rear end

Regards

King James'"

Which kind of explains why the crowd dropped from over 10k last year to 5k this year.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12860No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39110_1363272058.jpg
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good - sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league - Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate - the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever - Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go - Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know - FIOS:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39110.jpg

Quote: bramleyrhino "It should be down to the clubs though. They should know their businesses better than anyone else and they should know their audiences better than anyone else.

This year, Salford have marketed themselves as something of a "disrupter" in the game (the "Devilution", "Welcome to Hell" etc). Koukash's persona suits this branding very well and whatever praise or criticism you want to throw at him and Salford, there is no denying that they have got people talking. However, if the RFL is running the show, I suspect much of the effectiveness of that would be diluted. Salford, like every other club, would have to toe the party line - and that can do more harm than good. Fourteen seperate brands, all saying the same things, all looking the same and all (in effect) selling the same is a bloody terrible marketing proposition.

The other issue I have is that it limits clubs in targeting their marketing at the audiences they want to attract. Let's assume that the RFL set out to attract a family audience, yet a club like Leeds or Wigan decides that they have a good proportion of families already attending and instead, would like to focus on attracting high-value corporate customers - would those clubs still have to pay into a pot to attract customers that they already have enough of?'"

I couldn't agree with this more. But the RFL should be putting together a strategy for the league to increase attendances at all levels which would include focussing on the target markets you have mentioned.

Some clubs have very limited resources and the RFL could assist them with communications, marketing materials etc. along with a 'league wide' strategy like they have in the NRL.

The RFL can certainly help put things in place to increase memberships at all levels, it is working in the NRL and in other sports.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2797No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39978_1327618193.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39978.jpg

Quote: Odem "I couldn't agree with this more. But the RFL should be putting together a strategy for the league to increase attendances at all levels which would include focussing on the target markets you have mentioned.

Some clubs have very limited resources and the RFL could assist them with communications, marketing materials etc. along with a 'league wide' strategy like they have in the NRL.

The RFL can certainly help put things in place to increase memberships at all levels, it is working in the NRL and in other sports.'"

I thought Wigan were getting it about right around 2010-2012 but it's gone a bit awry of the last couple of seasons. We got up to about 11k ST holders and managed to settle on an average of about 16k. This was helped by initatives such as the Big One, Heritage Day and St George's Day (admittedly all of which involved free/discounted tickets), alongside our big draws such as Saints, Warrington and Leeds. Since then ST holder numbers have dropped, our average has dropped by about 1500-2000 and the marketing initiatives seem a little less prominent.

There is a growing apathy amongst fans to the current league system, and I think a lot more fans are picking and choosing games rather than getting a ST. Moving games to first Mondays and now Thursdays for Sky won't have helped (the most recent one Wigan have had announced is HKR away which will likely see less than half that would have travelled for Sunday afternoon).

I hope both the RFL and the clubs are just going through the motions this year ready for a big push when the new structure kicks in (not holding my breath). For starters I think the clubs need to offer STs that cover both before and after the split (think I've read somewhere that Leeds are doing this, hopefully the rest follow suit). Hopefully with more to play for, a greater emphasis on finishing higher up the table and more games between the better sides there will be a natural increase in attendances anyway.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7075
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36131_1571835935.jpg
nosorożce biorą to w dupę:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_36131.jpg

Quote: Fieldheadrhino "Well I know a family of Bulls season ticketholders, who chose to go and watch the TDF on both Saturday and Sunday.

They could not believe that the Bulls match was not arranged for the Friday. With a good bit of marketing they should have been able to put at least another 4K on that pitiful attendance.'"

The real pitiful attendance was your lots appauling showing at Wakefield.

The Bulls got a bigger attendance despite playing Catalans and as you say on one of the days le tour was going through.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: loiner81 "You do know Trinity's ground capacity has been reduced this year don't you?
Just shows what a smart and foresighted decision it was to remove the demand clubs have suitable facilities was

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza "The real pitiful attendance was your lots appauling showing at Wakefield.

The Bulls got a bigger attendance despite playing Catalans and as you say on one of the days le tour was going through.'"
it's not Leeds job to fill Wakefields ground. Especially when it is a pretty poor one with God awful facilities kept open with chewing gum and goodwill

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3479
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11388_1517050763.jpg
[quote="Gotcha in 2016":12w08s93]McDermott is going. I actually think he is more relaxed because of it, and seems to have let the shackles go. He apparently asked to finish the season, and that is what they agreed.[/quote:12w08s93] :lol: :lol: :lol::d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11388.jpg

Quote: Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza "The real pitiful attendance was your lots appauling showing at Wakefield.

The Bulls got a bigger attendance despite playing Catalans and as you say on one of the days le tour was going through.'"

etc.

etc.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member12792
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2020Oct 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1506.jpg
[quote:18jc6kzm]I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls[/quote:18jc6kzm] [quote:18jc6kzm]Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.[/quote:18jc6kzm] [quote="Jamie Jones-Buchanan":18jc6kzm]"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.[/quote:18jc6kzm]:1506.jpg

Quote: Odem "Some clubs have very limited resources and the RFL could assist them with communications, marketing materials etc. along with a 'league wide' strategy like they have in the NRL.'"

The RFL / SLE does provide much of this already. We have the SL website, SLTV and social media all centrally run from Red Hall. I'm sure there are other elements, but those are three major communications channels right there.

I accept that clubs have finite resources but again, I imagine that if you withheld some to the additional central funding that we now have until a club can submit and carry out a robust marketing plan with clear ROI tactics, they'd soon get their s in gear.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4840No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Going back to the Brian carney comments. He is absolutely right the best way to promote our game is to have house full signs at the majority of grounds.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15807No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2019Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17371_1305700326.jpg
"The Mail understands..." NOTHING! :SUBMISSION: :lol: [quote="-VIKINGMAN-"]Respect to Roofs, the president of East Hull. :wink:[/quote]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17371.jpg

And is that Hudds crowd with most fans still getting in with £50 passes?! :-O

MjM
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6794No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
86.jpg
Let all the doubters keep doubting and those who believe keep believing. We’re only interested in those in the bubble. Anyone who wants to come in the bubble, you can come in. But you’ve got to keep believing.:86.jpg

Quote: EHW "exactly. I think McManus has said that in 2015, for the first time SKY money will cover the full salary cap. Where is the incentive to pay for marketing staff, advertising etc...when you don't actually need that many people coming through the doors as the bulk of your costs are already covered.
'"
If the bulk of any club's costs is its playing budget at current salary cap levels then it is in some trouble.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: Ganson's Optician "Whatever happened to Gutterfax and William Eve, were they banned?'"

Billy's on his summer holidays and I don't see the point in repeating what the more insecure among you refuse to accept.....but don't fret. Next year with London out of the maths, "average" attendances will be on the rise and Knock Down Nigel will hail the success of his brave new dawn!

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member15309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2115.jpg
[img:1ucbtp34]http://i62.tinypic.com/2hs0qkg.jpg[/img:1ucbtp34] [color=#BF0000:1ucbtp34]the [size=100:1ucbtp34]C[/size:1ucbtp34]laret [size=100:1ucbtp34]A[/size:1ucbtp34]nd [size=100:1ucbtp34]G[/size:1ucbtp34]old [size=100:1ucbtp34]M[/size:1ucbtp34]achine is ready to roll[/color:1ucbtp34] sunday September 1st 2013, when a dream became a reality!!:2115.jpg

Quote: Roofs "And is that Hudds crowd with most fans still getting in with £50 passes?!
that was 2010, keep up icon_lol.gif

122 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
122 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.88330078125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Warrington v Wigan Super League game to take place in Las Ve
Sadfish
3m
Saints h
CM Punk
4m