JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: headhunter "...Championship.....club to be given a disproportionate share of money because [ithey can't generate it themselves [/i...[iSuper League clubs to sacrifice their own money [/i....'"

That's so, so funny.

Just how many SL clubs can generate enough money to survive by themselves then? 3, maybe 4 at a push?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17226No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6731_1299024498.jpg
[quote="King Street Cat":1wa9s43t]Some might look at this as being harsh but I think it's fair. When are the Rugby League going to stop persisting with this fantasy expansion. If it hasn't worked by now, it never will! I'm all for reaching out to a wider audience with our game but not at the expense of historical clubs in the homelands.[/quote:1wa9s43t]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6731.jpg

Quote: j.c "Yeah i'm saying it should come from the sky tv contract'"
Why should it when the TV contract has absolutely nothing to do with any Championship clubs, and Sky don't even have the rights to show the Championship any more?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17226No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6731_1299024498.jpg
[quote="King Street Cat":1wa9s43t]Some might look at this as being harsh but I think it's fair. When are the Rugby League going to stop persisting with this fantasy expansion. If it hasn't worked by now, it never will! I'm all for reaching out to a wider audience with our game but not at the expense of historical clubs in the homelands.[/quote:1wa9s43t]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6731.jpg

Quote: Mr Dog "That's so, so funny.

Just how many SL clubs can generate enough money to survive by themselves then? 3, maybe 4 at a push?'"
What? They all do, otherwise they would be in administration.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: maurice "I see the flat capping Luddites are out in force trying to make our sport elite to a few instead of open to the many, tut tut.

Keep the 2 divisions of 10 message rolling folks, it will be unstoppable soon.'"

how is adding 6 (ill speculate you mean heartland aswell) clubs to SL and cutting off everyone else below keeping the game 'open to the many'?

I like the hypocrisy that flows from the flat cappers, I like how they seem to think that a very small minority of fairly small clubs in the championships are synonyms for 'grassroots' 'heartlands' 'the many' when in fact they are just a very small minority of fairly small clubs in the championships. Im yet to see any of them suggesting that Keighley or Batley are made to make sacrifices for Gateshead or the Skolars, yet it seems they assume everyone should be in favour of the entirety of SL being made to make sacrifices for Leigh and Halifax.

j.c
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6858
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

22/03/2013 Get LEIGH outta wigan:

Quote: headhunter "Why should it when the TV contract has absolutely nothing to do with any Championship clubs, and Sky don't even have the rights to show the Championship any more?'"

If the money just belongs to the sl clubs then you need to tell the rfl because they think its central funds

www.superleague.co.uk/article/rf ... cism/24805
Quote: headhunter "Why should it when the TV contract has absolutely nothing to do with any Championship clubs, and Sky don't even have the rights to show the Championship any more?'"

If the money just belongs to the sl clubs then you need to tell the rfl because they think its central funds

www.superleague.co.uk/article/rf ... cism/24805

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman5442
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1230.gif
“You are playing a game of football this afternoon but more than that you are playing for England, and more even than that, you are playing for right versus wrong. You will win because you have to win. Don’t forget that message from home. England expects every one of you to do his duty.”:1230.gif

Quote: SmokeyTA "how is adding 6 (ill speculate you mean heartland aswell) clubs to SL and cutting off everyone else below keeping the game 'open to the many'?

I like the hypocrisy that flows from the flat cappers, I like how they seem to think that a very small minority of fairly small clubs in the championships are synonyms for 'grassroots' 'heartlands' 'the many' when in fact they are just a very small minority of fairly small clubs in the championships. Im yet to see any of them suggesting that Keighley or Batley are made to make sacrifices for Gateshead or the Skolars, yet it seems they assume everyone should be in favour of the entirety of SL being made to make sacrifices for Leigh and Halifax.'"

Who said the six should be "heartlands" - they should be the best six, no matter where they are from, why does it upset you the six best sides are currently from Yorkshire and Lancashire? we need to look after what we have and grow, not one or the other

j.c
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6858
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Hopie "Who said the six should be "heartlands" - they should be the best six, no matter where they are from, why does it upset you the six best sides are currently from Yorkshire and Lancashire? we need to look after what we have and grow, not one or the other'"

Which is what maurice has said on numerous occasion but for some reason the usual folk continue to ignore this

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4066
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Darlings of Super League:

Quote: Hopie "Who said the six should be "heartlands" - they should be the best six, no matter where they are from, why does it upset you the six best sides are currently from Yorkshire and Lancashire? we need to look after what we have and grow, not one or the other'"

The two leagues of ten proponents are purely interested in getting their own clubs in and sod the rest. Yes, it's in the interests of Leigh fans to propose Featherstone and Halifax too, but they'd be as delighted as the strawman SL fans they claim to loathe on here if they could get themselves in and then pull up the drawbridge.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17226No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6731_1299024498.jpg

Quote: j.c "If the money just belongs to the sl clubs then you need to tell the rfl because they think its central funds

If we are donating the money earned by Super League clubs to other sources, I would suggest that the grassroots game would be a far worthier cause than Championship clubs.

j.c
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6858
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: headhunter "'Central funding' means money distributed from a central governing body. It does not mean money that everybody is entitled to. Sky pay to televise Super League clubs and, as such, Super League clubs receive a share of the income. Why do you think that Championship clubs should be entitled to any of that money when they have made no contribution to it being earned?

If we are donating the money earned by Super League clubs to other sources, I would suggest that the grassroots game would be a far worthier cause than Championship clubs.'"

It isn't earned by sl clubs it comes from central funds thats what the rfl have said.
Just cos you think its different doesn't make it so

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach379No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Id rather have 2 leagues of 14.... if you're gonna have a 2 tiered Super League, you may as well do it right, or carry on building the way it is doing.

If standards in Championship keep raising, then there should be no reason to keep P&R out of the equation.... many years off at the moment though.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: j.c "If the money just belongs to the sl clubs then you need to tell the rfl because they think its central funds

You do realise central funds and the sky TV money arent the same thing. Our TV deal isnt worth anywhere near £30m a season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

It doesnt bother me that the 6 best sides outside SL are currently from Yorkshire and Lancashire. Its irrelevant to me where they are from, my point is that if these best 6 sides outside SL werent from Yorkshire and Lancashire the same people wouldnt be clamouring for their inclusion in SL2

The fact is this nonsense is only about benefiting (temporarily) a small amount of heartland clubs. Its not about the strength of the game, its not about making it stronger or growing the game, its about Leigh and Halifax fans wanting a place at the top table without the demand that having their club at the top table is a benefit for those at the top table rather than a drain.

We dont have the player pool to sustain 20 fully pro clubs, making Leigh and halifax and whichever other heartland clubs it has been decided are flatcap enough to be involved fully pro wont mean they sustain themselves, it wont contribute more players to the player pool than they will take out. It will bring down the standard of play at the top level.

Similarly the game doesnt have enough money to sustain 20 fully pro clubs, including Leigh and Halifax wont generate more money than they would need to make that change.

If Leigh and Halifax want to be in SL then they improve to a level where they add to SL, if they cant, they dont get a place, its not SL's responsibility to bring them up to that level, nor is it SL's responsibility to hold itself back until they catch up.

j.c
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6858
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: SmokeyTA "You do realise central funds and the sky TV money arent the same thing. Our TV deal isnt worth anywhere near £30m a season.'"

'unlock' so the rfl give sl clubs nearly 30 million from central funds and then sl get approximately 17 million on top of that from sky

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1812No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2016Jun 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds blancs/Snoopy.gif
:fonds blancs/Snoopy.gif

The idea of 10 teams is to make both comps more competitive.
And with less teams in SL, more telivised games for the lower tier.

No one can deny the best 10 teams in SL would be more competitive with players playing more regular high intensity games, and fewer games making it more possible for players to peak at international level.
Also, some of the lesser teams, Cas, Wakey, Salford would make the lower tier more competitive.

Two leagues of 10, with the lowest of SL playing the winner of the lower division for a place in Super League would be great but would have to be in a time when both sets of teams meet certain criteria.

At the very least, the top 8 playoff system has to go. I think that is pathetic.

How unrealistic is it for 20 teams to be full time in the next 5 - 10 years??? so 20 clubs that earn enough to pay a full time squad

122 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
122 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.29833984375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC