JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022May 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35345_1422576416.jpg
Don't let your love turn to hate Now we've got to keep the faith Wigan Rugby League:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35345.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "Fair enough, we have only seen one broken jaw this season and that came from a legal tackle, we can probably allow deliberate high tackles again cant we?

I mean if Wigan's deliberate tactic has only injured three players this year and thats fine, and we have only one injury from a high tackle there cant be much wrong with it can there.

Rob Burrow got a ban for a chicken wing against Wigan and nobody got injured, nobody, I was expecting Burrow to have killed at least more people than a nuclear weapon but his dangerous action injured nobody, out of 65million people in the country! Dear God Almighty'"

The fact is High tackles are illegal, tackling around the legs isn't, and even kids when they first learnt he game are taught to tackle around the legs. I certainly was when I first started playing the game. So why if and when Wigan do it, does it become some awful tactic that is done to deliberatley injure players? I really don't udnerstand. A couple of players have been injured, but then, Chris Tuson suffered a knee injury against Wakefield the other week, are Wigan fans trying to get Wakefield lynched for their deliberate attack of Chris Tusons knees? I saw the tackle and it was a tackle around the legs, but hey, that's Rugby, players tend to get injured. Why are Wigan being scapegoated for this? Is it because it's Wigan?

The fact the player's get injured is an unfortunate by product of playing a contact sport. Wigan do NOT go out to injure opponents, despite what many on here would have us believe. I don't like when player's get injured from any team, nor would any fan, but they are a simple fact of the sport we play. I haven't had the time to go through all the matches this year, but I bet the ratio of tackles round the legs to players being injured by Wigan is around about average, could possibly be a bit higher because we do have two going up top and one around the legs to control the ruck.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Jeff the God of Biscuits "The fact is High tackles are illegal, tackling around the legs isn't,'"
Tackling using the technique Wigan are using is, hence Jeff Lima being sin-binned for it.

Quote: Jeff the God of Biscuits "and even kids when they first learnt he game are taught to tackle around the legs. I certainly was when I first started playing the game.'"
No, never. I have never been taught, nor have taught, nor have spoken to anyone who was taught or has taught kids to attack the knee of a player held up in the tackle.
Quote: Jeff the God of Biscuits "So why if and when Wigan do it, does it become some awful tactic that is done to deliberatley injure players? '"
Your premise is simply wrong.
Quote: Jeff the God of Biscuits "I really don't udnerstand. A couple of players have been injured, but then, Chris Tuson suffered a knee injury against Wakefield the other week, are Wigan fans trying to get Wakefield lynched for their deliberate attack of Chris Tusons knees? I saw the tackle and it was a tackle around the legs, but hey, that's Rugby, players tend to get injured. Why are Wigan being scapegoated for this? Is it because it's Wigan?'"
Well Wigan are being blamed for it because Wigan seem to do it more often. Nobody has defended any other player doing anything similar. Fans have been almost uniquely united in saying its something the game doesnt need.

Quote: Jeff the God of Biscuits "The fact the player's get injured is an unfortunate by product of playing a contact sport. Wigan do NOT go out to injure opponents, despite what many on here would have us believe. I don't like when player's get injured from any team, nor would any fan, but they are a simple fact of the sport we play. I haven't had the time to go through all the matches this year, but I bet the ratio of tackles round the legs to players being injured by Wigan is around about average, could possibly be a bit higher because we do have two going up top and one around the legs to control the ruck.'"
Attacking the knee is a deliberate attempt to injure an opponent, throwing a shoulder in to the knee has no benefit to the defending team other than to potentially injure an opponent. It doesnt give control in the tackle, it doesnt slow the tackle completion, it doesnt help complete the tackle any more than the numerous other ways for a player to complete the tackle. It is a pointless, worthless, cowardly tactic which the game would benefit from getting rid of, not only that but it would lose nothing at all by doing so.

Players have other ways of completing the tackle, if they cannot do so, their duty is to not involve themselves in the tackle. It is wrong for them to complete the tackle regardless of the safety of the player they are tackling.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2978
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022May 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35345_1422576416.jpg
Don't let your love turn to hate Now we've got to keep the faith Wigan Rugby League:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35345.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "Tackling using the technique Wigan are using is, hence Jeff Lima being sin-binned for it.

No, never. I have never been taught, nor have taught, nor have spoken to anyone who was taught or has taught kids to attack the knee of a player held up in the tackle. Your premise is simply wrong.Well Wigan are being blamed for it because Wigan seem to do it more often. Nobody has defended any other player doing anything similar. Fans have been almost uniquely united in saying its something the game doesnt need.

Attacking the knee is a deliberate attempt to injure an opponent, throwing a shoulder in to the knee has no benefit to the defending team other than to potentially injure an opponent. It doesnt give control in the tackle, it doesnt slow the tackle completion, it doesnt help complete the tackle any more than the numerous other ways for a player to complete the tackle. It is a pointless, worthless, cowardly tactic which the game would benefit from getting rid of, not only that but it would lose nothing at all by doing so.

Players have other ways of completing the tackle, if they cannot do so, their duty is to not involve themselves in the tackle. It isnt to complete the tackle regardless of the safety of the player they are tackling.'"

Lima was Sin Binned for tackling the standing leg, not tackling around the legs. The tackle deserved a sin binning, and if Wigan were employing that tactic in every game I would be disgusted. That tackle is a million years from the tackles Andy Coley put in this and last week.

I have yet to see this 'Throwing the shoulder into the knee' I have seen clasping the legs together to halt movent and birng the player to the ground. Now how a player is to get his should detatched from his arm so as not to fall on the attacking player I do not know, when I figure this out i'll email Michael Maguire.

Wigan have a policy of 2 men up high and the third finishing low. They do 100+ tackles this way per game and 3 players all year have been, unfortunatley, injured. I think that considering how we are 'Atatcking' everyone's legs, you'd think more players would come out with injuries in these tackles, wouldn't you? Or is it simply that we're tackling the legs and people are bigging that up to attack the knees?

Now as I have said, the Lima tackle against Leeds, was bad, and any further tackles like that should be dealt with accordingly [Also should be the bad chickenwing Lima did last night, which given his prior record may.should result in a ban]. I am a fair supporter and will call my team on anything they do wrong, but I see no wrong Wigan are doing in their tackling technique. It is sad that a couple of players have been injured in tackles involving our players. But I don't feel players are injured against Wigan more than any other team.

I apologise for the disjointedness [Even a word?] of my posts, but I am at work at the minute and have to deal with customer's while trying to type this!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Jeff the God of Biscuits "Lima was Sin Binned for tackling the standing leg, not tackling around the legs. The tackle deserved a sin binning, and if Wigan were employing that tactic in every game I would be disgusted. That tackle is a million years from the tackles Andy Coley put in this and last week.

I have yet to see this 'Throwing the shoulder into the knee' I have seen clasping the legs together to halt movent and birng the player to the ground. Now how a player is to get his should detatched from his arm so as not to fall on the attacking player I do not know, when I figure this out i'll email Michael Maguire.'"
If you wish to conflate two different things to try and confuse the matter feel free. On this thread everybody else has understood the difference bar a couple of Wigan fans who seem intent being confused.

Quote: Jeff the God of Biscuits "Wigan have a policy of 2 men up high and the third finishing low. They do 100+ tackles this way per game and 3 players all year have been, unfortunatley, injured. I think that considering how we are 'Atatcking' everyone's legs, you'd think more players would come out with injuries in these tackles, wouldn't you? Or is it simply that we're tackling the legs and people are bigging that up to attack the knees?'"
Wigan dont complete 100+ tackles that way in a game, I have watched Wigan a fair few times and seen them complete that tackle small minority of times. I have seen the complete a tackle in a safe way numerous times, I have, disappointingly seen them injure three players by completing a tackle they complete 100+ times a game safely and legally, unsafely and illegally.

Quote: Jeff the God of Biscuits "Now as I have said, the Lima tackle against Leeds, was bad, and any further tackles like that should be dealt with accordingly [Also should be the bad chickenwing Lima did last night, which given his prior record may.should result in a ban]. I am a fair supporter and will call my team on anything they do wrong, but I see no wrong Wigan are doing in their tackling technique. It is sad that a couple of players have been injured in tackles involving our players. But I don't feel players are injured against Wigan more than any other team.
'"
There are safe and unsafe ways of completing tackles. In a minority of times, Wigan players are choosing to complete the tackle in an unsafe way. They have no need to and should be punished when they do so. Fact is Wigan are a skillful bunch of players and a good team, if in three of four games they gave away two penalties for this type of tackle, they would simply adapt and get rid of it.

What annoyed me more was the weak refereeing that saw Wigan give away 3 penalties whilst defending their line within 2minutes which wasted time and left Hull unable to complete a set of 6 which they had earned. I dont blame Wigan for that, it was intelligent play by them, if the referee isnt going to punish them then they should do it, its clever. It is however weak refereeing which rewards that type of professionalism.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2978
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022May 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35345_1422576416.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "If you wish to conflate two different things to try and confuse the matter feel free. On this thread everybody else has understood the difference bar a couple of Wigan fans who seem intent being confused.

Wigan dont complete 100+ tackles that way in a game, I have watched Wigan a fair few times and seen them complete that tackle small minority of times. I have seen the complete a tackle in a safe way numerous times, I have, disappointingly seen them injure three players by completing a tackle they complete 100+ times a game safely and legally, unsafely and illegally.

There are safe and unsafe ways of completing tackles. In a minority of times, Wigan players are choosing to complete the tackle in an unsafe way. They have no need to and should be punished when they do so. Fact is Wigan are a skillful bunch of players and a good team, if in three of four games they gave away two penalties for this type of tackle, they would simply adapt and get rid of it.

What annoyed me more was the weak refereeing that saw Wigan give away 3 penalties whilst defending their line within 2minutes which wasted time and left Hull unable to complete a set of 6 which they had earned. I dont blame Wigan for that, it was intelligent play by them, if the referee isnt going to punish them then they should do it, its clever. It is however weak refereeing which rewards that type of professionalism.'"

I felt someone should have been sin binned TBH, it was pathetic time wasting and frustrated me as a fan. I didn't feel the Turner try was a try, but it was our just desserts for our behaviour in the closing minutes of that half.

Are you saying the tackles Coley did on Moa & Solomona were the same tackle Lima did at Leeds. I really don't. As the tackles from Coley were simply wrapping up the legs and taking the man down, whereas Limas was a deliberate attack on a stationary player.

Wigan complete at least 80% of their tackles in that way, if they are dominating the game. The best example of this was against crusaders away, where we commited mostly every tackle in the same way. I do not recall any Crusaders player being injured that way. Likewise against Saints this technique was employed, but yet no Saints players came out with any injuries. Apart from Michael Shenton, who actually hurt his Knee/Ankle falling awkwardly in a tackle.

In a minority of times, every team complete tackles in an unsafe way, but the crux of my problem is Wigan always seem to be singled out for this. More than any other team. Now i'm not saying Wigan never perform illegal tackles [Just look at some of Joel Tomkins' from last night] But I don't feel that our policy of 'Tackling around the legs' should brand us as beint thugs and going out to hurt players. Nobody goes into a game to hurt a player, at least not all the time, but yet Wigan are more often than not, perceived to be a gang of thugs intent on snapping bones and tearing ligaments, which I feel is unfair to our great club.

RankPostsTeam
International Star67No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2012Dec 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54397_1299604300.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_54397.jpg

anyone with any sense would tackle around the legs because you vant run without them, thats what kids get taught. as long as wigan do the tackle and the ref is okay with it its fair but when its wrong like lima he was rightfully sin binned. if everyone got there own way it would be turned from tackle to tag rugby with velcrow strips so you dont hurt anyone.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6693No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Lock and leg 3 man tackles are good tactical practice when performed in the right manner. If I remember correctly the solomona tackle was only 2 man and certainly ok as he was making strides forward. The only issue is if the standing leg is attacked to cause injury. Really don't know what the fuss is.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1923No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Jan 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44920_1327005775.png
[quote="Harrigan":1th0f7ap]Wigan are the most structured team I have ever seen in this country.[/quote:1th0f7ap] [quote="NickyKiss":1th0f7ap]As a fan Wane makes you want to run through a brick wall so you can only imagine how he makes the players feel![/quote:1th0f7ap] [url=http://twitter.com/#!/theegw:1th0f7ap]@TheEGW[/url:1th0f7ap] [url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsnX1esHN2wkEC1FxcO2TCg:1th0f7ap]YouTube Channel[/url:1th0f7ap]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44920.png

Quote: SmokeyTA "If that makes you feel better, stick with it.

Nobody really cares that its Wigan, its the fact a tactic is repeatedly getting players injured which is the issue.'"

The so-called tactic is "tackling" nothing more. This Wigan conspiracy theory is not only tiring, it's embarrassing for those who spout it. Excuses excuses.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1923No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Jan 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44920_1327005775.png
[quote="Harrigan":1th0f7ap]Wigan are the most structured team I have ever seen in this country.[/quote:1th0f7ap] [quote="NickyKiss":1th0f7ap]As a fan Wane makes you want to run through a brick wall so you can only imagine how he makes the players feel![/quote:1th0f7ap] [url=http://twitter.com/#!/theegw:1th0f7ap]@TheEGW[/url:1th0f7ap] [url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsnX1esHN2wkEC1FxcO2TCg:1th0f7ap]YouTube Channel[/url:1th0f7ap]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44920.png

Quote: SmokeyTA "Fair enough, we have only seen one broken jaw this season and that came from a legal tackle, we can probably allow deliberate high tackles again cant we?'"

Who mentioned making something legal? The counter-argument being made to your tin pot theory is that Wigan don't employ a tactic, not that they should be allowed to employ an illegal tactic.

Quote: SmokeyTA "I mean if Wigan's deliberate tactic has only injured three players this year and thats fine, and we have only one injury from a high tackle there cant be much wrong with it can there.'"

Rather than the statistics indicating that supposedly deliberate illegal tactics should be allowed because they have only injured 3 players, the fact that only 3 players have been injured indicates that Wigan are either a) not employing a tactic at all, or b) doing so very ineffectively.

Quote: SmokeyTA "Rob Burrow got a ban for a chicken wing against Wigan and nobody got injured, nobody, I was expecting Burrow to have killed at least more people than a nuclear weapon but his dangerous action injured nobody, out of 65million people in the country! Dear God Almighty'"

Are Leeds deliberately employing dangerous tactics then? Or is it just when Wigan are involved that individual events can be used to supposedly demonstrate a general trend?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: TheElectricGlidingWarrior "The so-called tactic is "tackling" nothing more. '"
No, it isnt
Quote: TheElectricGlidingWarrior "This Wigan conspiracy theory is not only tiring, it's embarrassing for those who spout it. Excuses excuses.'"

It also doesnt exist, it is boring and embarrassing for those who try and hide behind it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: TheElectricGlidingWarrior "Who mentioned making something legal? '"
I did, you quoted it.
Quote: TheElectricGlidingWarrior "The counter-argument being made to your tin pot theory is that Wigan don't employ a tactic, not that they should be allowed to employ an illegal tactic.
'"
Then you're argument is either niave or more simply, wrong.
Quote: TheElectricGlidingWarrior "Rather than the statistics indicating that supposedly deliberate illegal tactics should be allowed because they have only injured 3 players, the fact that only 3 players have been injured indicates that Wigan are either a) not employing a tactic at all, or b) doing so very ineffectively.
'"
Or C) not done all that frequently.
Quote: TheElectricGlidingWarrior "Are Leeds deliberately employing dangerous tactics then? Or is it just when Wigan are involved that individual events can be used to supposedly demonstrate a general trend?'"
In that instance yes.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach187No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Apr 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/PDT4.gif
[b:3jszf5ok]I believe St Helens to be the incest capital of England.[/b:3jszf5ok]:simpsons/PDT4.gif

This is getting REALLY boring now

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1923No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Jan 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44920_1327005775.png

Quote: SmokeyTA "I did, you quoted it.'"

Exactly. You mentioned it, not those whom you are arguing against. You are essentially arguing against a non-existent position, to wit, that Wigan's "illegal tactics" should be made legal on the basis that only 3 people have been injured. The actual argument being made was that Wigan aren't employing illegal tactics and the low number of injuries caused by Wigan was invoked to support that argument. What you seem to be doing is constructing a straw-man (i.e. 'Illegal tackles should be made legal because hardly anyone has been injured') because it is easier knock down than the actual argument that Wigan do not intentionally set out to injure players.

Quote: SmokeyTA "Then you're argument is either niave or more simply, wrong. '"

In your opinion. And if that is the extent of "argument" in favour of your opinion I'd say it's probably one without much merit. Maybe you'd like to expand on why you think I'm wrong, citing evidence of Wigan's intentions to injure players.

Quote: SmokeyTA "Or C) not done all that frequently.
In that instance yes.'"

Hardly a tactic at all then eh? Certainly no more of a tactic than when other players get injured playing against other teams. Can you look beyond your bias for one second and consider the possibility that such an incredibly low number of injuries might just be accidental?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: TheElectricGlidingWarrior "Exactly. You mentioned it, not those whom you are arguing against. You are essentially arguing against a non-existent position, to wit, that Wigan's "illegal tactics" should be made legal on the basis that only 3 people have been injured. The actual argument being made was that Wigan aren't employing illegal tactics and the low number of injuries caused by Wigan was invoked to support that argument. What you seem to be doing is constructing a straw-man (i.e. 'Illegal tackles should be made legal because hardly anyone has been injured') because it is easier knock down than the actual argument that Wigan do not intentionally set out to injure players.'"
Which is why i applied that same 'low number of injuries' argument to a different situation, which highlighted how silly an argument it was. I honestly thought that would have been obvious.

Quote: TheElectricGlidingWarrior "In your opinion. And if that is the extent of "argument" in favour of your opinion I'd say it's probably one without much merit. Maybe you'd like to expand on why you think I'm wrong, citing evidence of Wigan's intentions to injure players.'"
The three tackles, which have been highlighted. Those are three examples where a tackle could have been completed in a much easier, safer and a controlled manner. There is no reason you would chose to complete a tackle in a more difficult, less controlled and unsafe manner other than to increase the potential for injury.

Quote: TheElectricGlidingWarrior "Hardly a tactic at all then eh?'"
Well no, im not really sure how you could confuse 'a tactic rarely used' with 'not a tactic at all'. This seems very very basic comprehension.
Quote: TheElectricGlidingWarrior "Certainly no more of a tactic than when other players get injured playing against other teams.'"
what? this sentence simply doesnt make sense.
Quote: TheElectricGlidingWarrior "Can you look beyond your bias for one second and consider the possibility that such an incredibly low number of injuries might just be accidental?'"
I saw them, I saw that you dont commit that tackle on accident. It is a purposeful action. It's a purposeful action to bend and drive and complete that tackle, there is no reason to complete the tackle in that manner other than to increase the potential for injury. You can complete that tackle in numerous other safe, controlled and legal ways. It isnt an accident to complete the tackle in that way.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1923No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Jan 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44920_1327005775.png

Quote: SmokeyTA "Which is why i applied that same 'low number of injuries' argument to a different situation, which highlighted how silly an argument it was. I honestly thought that would have been obvious. '"

But you didn't apply it at all, you completely changed the argument being made. The argument presented to you was that since only 3 injuries have occurred it follows that Wigan aren't setting out to intentionally injure players. Note that the crux of the argument is "Wigan do not intend to injure players" and not "Let's make dangerous tackles legal", yet you responded with "There's only been one broken jaw this season so let's legalise high tackles". Now that response would only make sense if the people you were responding to wanted illegal tackles to be made legal on the basis of low injuries, wouldn't it? If you truly applied the first argument to your example it would go along the lines of "There's only been one broken jaw this season so players aren't intentionally trying to break jaws." I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are being purposefully disingenuous, because if it isn't it's a brand new level of stupidity.

Quote: SmokeyTA "The three tackles, which have been highlighted. Those are three examples where a tackle could have been completed in a much easier, safer and a controlled manner. There is no reason you would chose to complete a tackle in a more difficult, less controlled and unsafe manner other than to increase the potential for injury. '"

If a player is injured then by definition something unsafe has occurred. However, it doesn't follow that a) a tackle preceding an injury was illegal, since players get injured through completely legal passes of play in which the supposed offender is not actually guilty of misconduct, or b) that the way the tackle was completed (i.e. unsafely) was "chosen" and the injury intentional. It is perfectly plausible for players to make mistakes, in so far as they intend to complete the tackle safely but do not. So whilst I would say that the cause of any injury is, by definition, unsafe, you will have to do more to demonstrate that all injuries occur through a choice to act unsafely and are therefore intentional. At the moment that is just an accusation on your part.

Quote: SmokeyTA "Well no, im not really sure how you could confuse 'a tactic rarely used' with 'not a tactic at all'. This seems very very basic comprehension. what? this sentence simply doesnt make sense. I saw them, I saw that you dont commit that tackle on accident. It is a purposeful action. It's a purposeful action to bend and drive and complete that tackle, there is no reason to complete the tackle in that manner other than to increase the potential for injury. You can complete that tackle in numerous other safe, controlled and legal ways. It isnt an accident to complete the tackle in that way.'"

That intent is present is your opinion only, not fact. And even if you could somehow show intent it wouldn't indicate a tactic, just 3 players breaking the rules 3 separate times in one season. I'm sure I could show you 3 high tackles by a SL team, or 3 laying on offences by another, then probably 3 chicken wings by yet another, but none of which would demonstrate a team-wide tactic even if I could somehow demonstrate intent. The best I could do would be to throw a baseless accusation that the individuals involved intended it, and to assert that those supposed intended actions somehow proved the team itself was employing a tactic. Yeah, accusations and assertions, much like you have done. The fact that you change your tune to "a tactic that is hardly ever used" when you are presented with contradictory evidence seems to me to suggest that you are backtracking in order to make the facts fit to your preconceived conclusion of the situation rather than admit you might be wrong. The more plausible explanation is that Wigan aren't employing a tactic and that that is why it there are hardly any injuries from it.

Since injuries follow unsafe "purposeful action" does that make most, if not all, injuries in SL intentional, in your opinion? Is it also your opinion that all teams are employing illegal tactics, since the actions of their players which have caused injuries were, as you say, "purposeful actions"? I'm sure there must have been an injury or 3 this season, and that would clearly show a "tactic" according to your argument, wouldn't it? In fact, do you think there have been 3 or more injuries sustained in tackles against any other SL team in in the whole of 2011?

61 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
61 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.2724609375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
14m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Dave K.
15m
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
21m
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
29m
Fev H Play Off
Bull Mania
44m
Squad for HKR
Alffi_7
48m
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES
Jack Burton
59m
Ground Improvements
Trojan Horse
Recent
Leigh it is
MattyB
Recent
Play-off semi-final
Wollo-Wollo-
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Squad for HKR
Alffi_7
29s
Play-off semi-final
Wollo-Wollo-
33s
Proposed rule changes 2025
rollin thund
39s
Todays match v Saints
MorePlaymake
39s
Leigh it is
MattyB
39s
Shopping list for 2025
ComeOnYouUll
43s
Ground Improvements
Trojan Horse
44s
Film game
Boss Hog
45s
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
50s
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Squad for HKR
Alffi_7
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
rollin thund
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Bull Mania
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
The Speculat
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Chris71
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
Bobby Digita
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
MattyB
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
TODAY
Must do better
Wires71
TODAY
Warrington Wolves Break Saints Hearts With Golden Point Win
RLFANS News
TODAY
Todays match v Saints
MorePlaymake
TODAY
We are in good hands
God
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +23,288 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 4th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 Sat 5th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
Sun 22nd Sep
CH 27 Batley28-14Swinton
CH 27 Halifax14-10Bradford
CH 27 Swinton20-22Doncaster
L1 24 Hunslet18-14Midlands
L1 24 Keighley26-22Rochdale
WSL2024 15 LeedsW10-12York V
WSL2024 15 St.HelensW18-4WiganW
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22