JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: Scorpions for SL "The debt is very small compared to this club. Surley they must be finished if Harlequins are

OK my little cottage burning troll, I'll bite.

David Hughes has publicly announced that he will continue to underwrite the club. Ian Lenegans shares, as has been publicly stated, are Ian Lenegans problem and if he can't shift them, then it is up to him to do something else with them.
So, Harlequins Rugby League limited are making a loss, a loss that is fully underwritten by one benefactor who is happy to do so. Harlequins Rugby League do not have an overdraft....how many other clubs in SL or the Championship can say they choose not to have a line of credit?
London Broncos went south because they didn't pay the tax man........but as Harlequins Rugby League do not owe 1 penny to anyone...again I ask, how many clubs in SL or The Championship can boast zero debt?
As for your beloved scorpions.......running on an average crowd of double the skolars is not going to kick down any doors in the near future and neither would arriving at the top table with a team of mid table CH1 players.

I agree that the crowds at the stoop are terrible, but if Quins continue to stay debt free, keep David Hughes healthy and expand the game, getting more kids playing it and increasing the number of amateur clubs, they will be given a licence next time.

As for you my little holiday home arsonist...I applaud the achievements of the Welsh division of the RL masterplan...but before you cite failure, I would suggest 2009 in bridgend wasn't your finest moment and the falling gates at wrexham aren't looking too rosey either......

As for the guy from Widnes who called London RL a failure........please name widnes players capped by GB/England in the last 3 years......or better still, compare them to the 2 cockney lads capped who were about 9 yrs old when SL started......London RL is working, it just isn't attracting fans.....which is 2 points in the licence process BTW......yes, the broncos went bust....but people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.......we have Mr Hughes, you have Mr O'connor.......both have been responsible for resurecting clubs from near colapse. Widnes will be in SL next time around. Even the RFL haven't got the bollox to leave them out.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach155No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50267_1287613673.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50267.jpg

Quote: Eastbourne Warrior "That's not true. I'm 'down south' and can assure you am very interested in RL. Granted i spent my first 25 years in wigan but living down here, my wife is now interested in RL and i have converted several members of her family. Will be taking 12 people up to the quins v wigan game.'"

OK, i'll rephrase (i was being flipant btw) there are so few rl fans down south, and the RL marketting is so poor, and the media is so biased, that RL clubs will not be able to survive down south. Do you agree?

Quote: Eastbourne Warrior "
Quote: Eastbourne Warrior "As a supporter of the game in general, I'm very pleased to see that Widnes are now apparently operating on a much more stable financial basis and I'd like to see them back in Superleague, but maybe you can demonstrate how the financial failure in 2008 could be blamed on "expansion"?'"

Maybe he means that clubs like Widnes who have kept the game alive for well over 100 years and when people come up with ideas such as Superleague - unfortunately at a time when Widnes were in a lull after unprecedented success -they were simply cast aside in the name of expansion. And teams who he mentioned have either come and gone, been propped up by the authorities or broke the rules to stay in Superleague.
The financial failure in 2008 can be blamed partially at least on Widnes throwing all their eggs in one basket to get to the riches of the promised land.
Clubs like Widnes, Leigh, Fev, Keighley and any other flatcap clubs will be here long after the expansion experiment is completed.'"

I couldnt give a toss whether you are interested in talking to me or not, because after your ridiculous insinuation, i feel i have to defend myself, else people may get the wrong impressioon of me.
Rather than speculating wildely why dont we look at the facts.
1) In a thread, which didnt contain one single mention of the Cumbria shootings, an anti widnes troll started spouting his anti widnes rubbish that has being debunked several times. I couldnt be bothered to reply again to the fool, and explain why he is wrong, so i put the 'shoot poster' smilie (which i have now changed to the 'roll eyes' smilie, just incase the original post would cause any unintended upset).
2) The 'shoot poster' smilie is often used by posters to mean something along the lines of 'pi$$ off you troll', its supposed to be lighthearted and doesnt represent actual bad feeling towards the poster.
3) I put the 'shoot poster' smilie, to represent exactly what everyone else uses it to represent (as explained above), it didnt even cross my mind that there had recently been a tragic shoting. It was just a smilie, it wasnt used, with knowledge that it may cause any offence, and it wasnt definately wasnt supposed to be some kind of sick joke, if thats what you are implying. You then decided for some unknown reason to announce to everyone that i am some kind of sick d1ckhead who is either making a joke out of the tragedy, or was using it, with the knowledge that it may cause offence. This is not the case.
I would appreciate it if you didnt reply to any of my posts again, i dont appreciate it when people make false accusations about me (especially when they announce these in a public place such as a forum) so i really dont want to converse with you in the future
Im sorry to derail this thread, but i felt i had no choice but to defend myself after his insinuation. (If broncoonion, after reading my explanation, edits out the attack on me, then i will be able to edit out my defence)

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach155No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50267_1287613673.jpg

Quote: Redchemic "It would be good to have 2 French sides in but wouldn't TO have to reach a Grand Final in order to apply? I'm sure the RFL have had to state that they are under the exact same criteria as all other clubs or are you just finding double meanings in their statement If the RFL want them in, they will be in. FACT.

They move the goalposts so much, nothing they say can really be trusted.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach743No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Jul 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11726.jpg
TF and the wire said of the Widnes Vikings....Best in the World. A pint and a fight - A great British night.:11726.jpg

Quote: Widnes 'till i die "If the RFL want them in, they will be in. FACT.

They move the goalposts so much, nothing they say can really be trusted.'"

Drifting slightly off topic here, but bow come you do not post on the Widnes site?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach155No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50267_1287613673.jpg

Quote: gutterfax "As for your beloved scorpions... .'"

icon_rolleyes.gif
The difference between the two clubs is that Widnes used to be successful, they went bust trying to spend buy an SL spot, they didnt go bust becasue they have, and never have had, a support base large enough to support a professional team. I dont think there is anyone, who cannot see a future for a Widnes, in SL with good crowds, not reliant on a money man, underwriting the loses. Lets face it, that is never going to happen to the Fulham-harle-bronco-quins.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach155No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50267_1287613673.jpg

Quote: rufustanner "Drifting slightly off topic here, but bow come you do not post on the Widnes site?'"

I've only been to a handful of games over the last few years (not living near enough to widnes atm), so only see them play when they are on sky on a thursday. Because of this, until i move back home, i dont feel i can contribute to most discussions, so i tend to read the forum but only post on it occasionaly.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member28736No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4397_1335909374.png
@chemical_viking:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4397.png

Quote: rufustanner "Drifting slightly off topic here, but bow come you do not post on the Widnes site?'"

I'm suspicious of posters like that. We had a problem with fake posters on another board, the existing widnes fans weren't playing up to certain peoples expectations so they invented one or two.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: Widnes 'till i die "

Ok, i guess your right... who needs fans, or a history, or an identity, or a town/city that is behind the team, or success, when you have can base everything on how many players have played rep rugby in the last 3 years
I believe London averaged around 5,600 in year 1 of SL........so not too shabby. I also believe that other heartland clubs have averaged worse average attendances for SL than London ever have.....even this year, when the gates have shrunk a further 20% Quins will have to go some to match the average of Halifax in 2003. As for going bust trying to buy something.......maybe widnes was the early pointer to the global recession As for going bust trying to buy something.......maybe widnes was the early pointer to the global recession
No they won't! Fax average for 2003 = 2,976 , Quins average for 2010 (so far) = 3,011. I make that a difference of 35.

It's funny how people only ever quote 2003 when talking about Fax and choose to ignore our other 7 years in SL. That was a year when we had cut things down to the bone to clear a rolling historic debt which had been ignored for long enough. Relegation was a certainty from day 1. I would estimate our average attendance for our SL years would be around the 6,000 mark. If anyone disputes that I will try to dig out all the figures but at present I can't be d.

Finally, just for fun, if you removed our 2 lowest home gates of 2003 and recalculated the average it would make 3,218. Who were these 2 gates against? You got it, London. icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman5480No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Oct 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
187.jpg
[img:2penstlp]http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5994/saints7sk.gif[/img:2penstlp] "...the biggest boor, the most opinionated pompous bigot that frequents these boards and he is NOT to be taken at all seriously. ":187.jpg

Quote: Widnes 'till i die "If the RFL want them in, they will be in. FACT.

They move the goalposts so much, nothing they say can really be trusted.'"

Well now you've written "fact" in capital letters after your opinion, then that's certainly true. That's the law, isn't it ?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Widnes 'till i die "I've only been to a handful of games over the last few years (not living near enough to widnes atm), so only see them play when they are on sky on a thursday. Because of this, until i move back home, i dont feel i can contribute to most discussions, so i tend to read the forum but only post on it occasionaly.'"

If you cannot comment on Widnes who is allegedly your club, how the blinking heck are you qualified to discuss Harlequin business which I would imagine you know even less about than your beloved Widnes working on the basis that if you have only seen them a handful of times in the last few years, you must have seen the Quins even less.

RankPostsTeam
International Star108No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2010Jun 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51394_1274533647.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51394.png

Quote: tb "All of which is true. But irrelevant to widnes till i die, who is a Salford fan. You can draw your own conclusions as to why he registered the user name he did.'"

I dont know how people are still taking this trolls bait icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman8840
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Jan 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9_1538946624.jpg
Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_9.jpg

Quote: Fax Machine " Finally, just for fun, if you removed our 2 lowest home gates of 2003 and recalculated the average it would make 3,218. Who were these 2 gates against? You got it, London. icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4064
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Dec 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2940_1318161088.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2940.gif

Quote: Homer "But we did gift you your only two points of that season [which the RFL knicked back iirc] so we did summat right
You certainly did! I was there and remember it well. I had business in South Wales on the Monday morning so decided to travel down on Sunday via Brentford to see the game. Our last victory in SL. icon_biggrin.gif

99 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
99 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.1513671875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
0m
TV games not Wire
matt_wire
1m