FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Virtual Terrace > England vs New Zealand: Match play reports and analysis
325 posts in 23 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach450No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26316.jpg
Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect. - Graham Lowe:26316.jpg

Behind Sam Burgess, Kevin Sinfield was England's MOM. He was outstanding. What happened at the end of the game happened. But don't call the bloke out for having been responsible for England's loss, however heartbreaking it was.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12389.gif
:12389.gif

Quote: JB Down Under "Disagree, running out at full speed always makes it easier to be stepped and with two props on inside they were never going to cover the gap. Running out half speed and making NZ player make a decision giving team chance to slide would have been a better play. If he passes inside the two burgesses would have been there, passes outside worse case scenario is they score on wing leaving a difficult kick. Easy to say in hindsight but if you are going to rush out like that you have to make decent contact with attacker, Sinfield stuffed it.'"

Spot on. By rushing in and over-committing he's made the decision easy for the attacker. If he had held his position in the line he then forces the attacker to make a decision. And yes it's far easier to be stepped running in at speed than moving in and holding the defensive line. If NZ had gone wide Charnley and Watkins could have reacted and slid, using the touchline.

It was a panicked decision which backfired. He should never have done it. Yes, had it come off and he'd nailed Johnson he'd have been the hero. But it was a poor decision and Johnson is too good to go one-on-one against while advancing at speed. The safest option was always to move in as a line and hold/drift, as they had been doing all game to good effect. England weren't dangerously over-exposed and a try was not a definite - far from it. Simple defence would have been fine. A one-man overlap is easy to defend.

And now someone says it was the best option! Clearly not, as he was left on his backside and Johnson scored. Shooting out the line is very, very rarely the best option. You move in with the line and present a wall of defenders. It's the basic backbone of RL defence.

As I've said a few times however, I don't blame him for the defeat. England should never have been in that position. Sinfield was superb.

RankPostsTeam
International Star175No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2014Dec 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53189_1293967481.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53189.gif

Burgess gave away the penalty for the high shot and then missed the tackle that led to our win. He's not experienced enough for this level. Both teams were ordinary at times .. it's just we were less ordinary when it mattered. We didn't fire the way we could. Hopefully we will in the final but gee the Aussies look good.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Cronus "

And now someone says it was the best option! Clearly not, as he was left on his backside and Johnson scored. Shooting out the line is very, very rarely the best option. You move in with the line and present a wall of defenders. It's the basic backbone of RL defence.

As I've said a few times however, I don't blame him for the defeat. England should never have been in that position. Sinfield was superb.'"

That doesn’t follow at all and highlights your misunderstanding.

The fact New Zealand scored doesn’t mean the wrong decision was taken, you can make all the right decisions in the world and still be scored against. New Zealand were favourites to score in that position, the fact they did doesn’t mean a wrong decision was made to allow them to.

Sometimes you face a patient well executed set, sometimes the attacking side make defending very very difficult, so difficult that a try isn’t scored from a mistake but from the quality of the attacking play.

England were in a bad position, Englands best option for defending that position was someone wrapping Johnson up. The criticism of Sinfield isn’t that he rushed out as the ‘shooter’ its that he was a half second too slow and didn’t execute the tackle.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7080No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59880_1480501182.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59880.jpg

Not read every single detail people's thoughts on the last play, but it's pretty simple, Sinfield missed a one on one tackle that he should have made. End of.

He's not the reason we lost, but I think some fans lovin with him clouds their judgment and trying to blame t
It on Burgess is ridiculous. He's a massive prop going the wrong direction to the worlds beat stepper.

BTW before I get shot down, I am NOT blaming Sinfield for the defeat.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12389.gif

Quote: SmokeyTA "That doesn’t follow at all and highlights your misunderstanding.

The fact New Zealand scored doesn’t mean the wrong decision was taken, you can make all the right decisions in the world and still be scored against. New Zealand were favourites to score in that position, the fact they did doesn’t mean a wrong decision was made to allow them to.

Sometimes you face a patient well executed set, sometimes the attacking side make defending very very difficult, so difficult that a try isn’t scored from a mistake but from the quality of the attacking play.

England were in a bad position, Englands best option for defending that position was someone wrapping Johnson up. The criticism of Sinfield isn’t that he rushed out as the ‘shooter’ its that he was a half second too slow and didn’t execute the tackle.'"

There is no misunderstanding, not on my part at least. I've explained at length why it was the wrong decision and what the safest option was. Yes, the fact he missed his man is proof he shouldn't have taken that option. He went away from a basic of RL defence when in fact holding a solid line would have worked best, a wall of defenders that could use the touchline if NZ went wide, or hold firm with George and Sam on the inside if they went direct or inside.

Shooting out with the intention of 'wrapping Johnson up' was never the best option. Absolutely not. And yes, like it or not the fact it failed is indeed proof you shouldn't rush out of the line unless you are 100%, guaranteed, nailed-on to make your tackle. Because that's exactly what happens when you do. Find me a coach who says otherwise.

You can try and make it sound like it was a desperate last-ditch option with a NZ try a given, but it wasn't. A 4 on 3 is easily defendable, certainly so close to the touchline, and there were men on the inside - and even if George wasn't in perfect position it was recoverable if NZ had gone inside with Sam easily close enough to react.

Simple fast in, hold and slide defence was by far the best option.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Cronus "There is no misunderstanding, not on my part at least. I've explained at length why it was the wrong decision and what the safest option was. Yes, the fact he missed his man is proof he shouldn't have taken that option. He went away from a basic of RL defence when in fact holding a solid line would have worked best, a wall of defenders that could use the touchline if NZ went wide, or hold firm with George and Sam on the inside if they went direct or inside.

Shooting out with the intention of 'wrapping Johnson up' was never the best option. Absolutely not. And yes, like it or not the fact it failed is indeed proof you shouldn't rush out of the line unless you are 100%, guaranteed, nailed-on to make your tackle. Because that's exactly what happens when you do. Find me a coach who says otherwise.

You can try and make it sound like it was a desperate last-ditch option with a NZ try a given, but it wasn't. A 4 on 3 is easily defendable, certainly so close to the touchline, and there were men on the inside - and even if George wasn't in perfect position it was recoverable if NZ had gone inside with Sam easily close enough to react.

Simple fast in, hold and slide defence was by far the best option.'"

If you don’t understand the logical fallacy within your argument I cant help you.

The fact that we have now got to a situation where a try scored near the posts could have been pushed to the sideline, and a player who stepped inside Sinfield would have been tackled by players inside Sinfield had he not run out of the line (if they could have covered the inside ball, why couldnt they cover the step? the obvious answer is because they werent there to cover either) shows your inconcistancies.

EHW
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner8627
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
users/saintsold.gif
Forever in Rented Accomodation:users/saintsold.gif

Quote: SmokeyTA "Instead we were panicked in to a poor kick from Widdop that went pretty much straight up. That’s maybe 30metres we lost in territory by not having that ‘close down’ game plan. '"

The last kick was by Sinfield as the clock ticked over 78mins, which went straight down the middle of the park into the hands of RTS about 20/30m out.

At that point, even a kick dead in goal would have been preferable.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: EHW "The last kick was by Sinfield as the clock ticked over 78mins, which went straight down the middle of the park into the hands of RTS about 20/30m out.

At that point, even a kick dead in goal would have been preferable.'"

Sorry i meant the set before that.

The same applies from that kick though which Sinfield took wide and kicked back in to the centre, it wasnt a great closing set.

Both our last play options at the end seemed rushed rather than planned.

EHW
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner8627
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
users/saintsold.gif
Forever in Rented Accomodation:users/saintsold.gif

The sliding defence on Charnley's wing worked perfectly well in the first half.

If Sinfield doesn't rush out of the line, the chances are the Johnson moves the ball out wide and it becomes the winger/centres responsibility to defend the line, which they had done pretty well throughout the game.

Had they still scored, it also would have made the conversion a tougher one.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: Cronus "You've just explained precisely that Sinfield was out ahead of everyone else. Point proven. It may only be 2-4 metres, but it was enough. It doesn't really matter where Watkins & Charnley were, they're not the ones sprinting hell for leather and missing their man. They could still have reacted and drifted.

However, it's likely either Sinfield had made the call to rush, or they had seen him go fast and reacted. Either way, that decision proved to be the wrong one. As I've explained at length, the better option is to go fast about 8-10 metres, hold, and drift. Offer a solid line and invite the attack onto you, not a zig-zag of over-committed defenders with holes to run at, which is the worst thing you can do.

Charnley and Watkins could easily have covered a wide cut-out pass. In the time it would take to loop a pass so far they could have closed down the touchline no problem. Only those with little or no knowledge of RL defences would think a try was inevitable - it certainly wasn't. You're showing yourself up with that statement.

It was mentioned in response to his comparison to Sinfield. However, as I've already stated - and I'll repeat myself as your memory is clearly faltering - yes, George moved too slowly and was out of position. But...and concentrate now...if he had moved up quickly he would have been inside Sinfield, who got stepped on his outside, and therefore nowhere near Johnson, who would have had a clear run in. Johnson actually only has to step George due to his slow advance! And remind me, who was it left him exposed 1-on-1?

A metre drift (as you see it) is still a drift. Regardless, Sam Burgess is simply not an factor in this play. Clutching at straws.

"I'm not trying to blame others [ibut[/i...George...Sam...and let's mention Watkins and Charnley..." anyone else? Could you actually bring yourself to utter the words "it was Sinfield's fault"?'"

Hardly point proven, all 3 go up and it isn't Sinfield out on his own at all. As expected you claim that Sinfield must've told them to go too without having any knowledge just guessing even though Watkins has been shooting out like that all his career so far, as soon as Luke was tackled I was 100% certain that if the ball went to NZ's left that Watkins would be well out, he always is and I've seen it enough at Leeds with Sinfield staying a bit further back (like you recommend) and the gap between the two costing us.

With statements like
"It doesn't matter where Watkins and Charnley were" and
"Watkins and Charnley could've easily covered" a 3 on 2 overlap shows you up even more. They were "not sprinting hell for leather"? Funny how they too got from the tryline to over 11/13m out in one single pass and after one single step past Sinfield from Johnson, Watkins is a few yards past him looking backwards.

Could they have cut out a looped pass to the wing, unlikely as even Charnley was at least 10m plus away from the side line, Watkins even more and running forwards and a slight angle away from the touch line. The only thing to save that not happening would be for Johnson to make a mess of his pass.

With that chase out it went from a 4 on 3 Kiwi advantage to two 1 on 1's firstly with Sinfield and then secondly with George, unfortunately both got beaten, at least Sinfield tried his hardest to get there.

And you're struggling to comprehend what I've said. I said George needed to make more of an effort to get ACROSS, not up as their was no one on Johnson's right shoulder to mark. So your reply that it would leave George even less able to reach Johnson is incorrect.

Seen as though you've skipped this particular part from way back, I've previously mentioned Sinfield did make a mistake, that's clear.......but it was missing a tackle, not the decision to come out and that it was compounded by another error inside him.

Yes I've mentioned George, Sam, Watkins, Charnley AND Sinfield, that's because their the 5 closest defenders involved with the play we're debating. Hardly going to mention Hall, Cudjoe and Widdop movement in that play am I as their's really isn't relevant unlike others even though you believe "it doesn't matter where others were".

j.c
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6858
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

22/03/2013 Get LEIGH outta wigan:

Quote: EHW "The sliding defence on Charnley's wing worked perfectly well in the first half.

If Sinfield doesn't rush out of the line, the chances are the Johnson moves the ball out wide and it becomes the winger/centres responsibility to defend the line, which they had done pretty well throughout the game.

Had they still scored, it also would have made the conversion a tougher one.'"

Having watched it again for the first time today,this is exactly how i see it

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach136No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The defensive line is only as strong as your weakest man, at that point in time, it was George Burgess. The moment Sinfield & Watkins decided to get off the line quicker than Gurgess it made Johnson's mind up for him. The pass out wide became a risky play and the step inside Sinfield became obvious. If the outside three had got off the line at the same pace as Gurgess I think the best the kiwis could have hoped for was a try in the corner (something they hadn't looked like doing all game down that wing) and a difficult kick for the win. But that's sport, people make split second decisions in the heat of the moment sometimes they come off sometimes they don't. If Gurgess gets off the line with them, then they cut out both options, but he couldn't he was spent. Such a fine line between winning and losing!

RankPostsTeam
International Star813
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
70254_1408454058.png
//www.shawxsharks.com/ In my opinion the best amateur club in the world Reaching forward since 1947:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_70254.png

I think if mcnamara would of used abblett it could of been a different result because a fresh pair of legs at the end in defence would of really helped IMO.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12389.gif

Quote: EHW "The sliding defence on Charnley's wing worked perfectly well in the first half.

Had they still scored, it also would have made the conversion a tougher one.'"

Precisely. The worst option was taken. Had it worked it would have been genius, but rushing out the line seldom does and is rarely the best option.

325 posts in 23 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
325 posts in 23 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.603515625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Is Lokie On His Way
Bigtimeleigh
14m
New Players
BigTime
16m
Dewsbury away
PopTart
34m
Wakefield Trinity Heritage Podcast - Season 3
JamieRobinso
43m
cats
BigTime
47m
WIRE YED Prediction Competition London Away
Old Man John
51m
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Borough Bonus
Old Man John
52m
Prediction Competition Week 21 plus rearranged game
Highbury Rhi
Recent
Film game
karetaker
Recent
Kicking Game
easyWire
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Arthur In
chapylad
1m
Leigh Away
ComeOnYouUll
1m
Kicking Game
easyWire
1m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
1m
cats
BigTime
2m
Leigh h pt 2
NickyKiss
2m
Rumours and signings v9
scarrie
2m
TV Games - Not Hull
B0NES
3m
Panthers v Knights
terry silver
3m
Myler Ellis
Blackandwhit
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Borough Bonus
Old Man John
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition London Away
Old Man John
TODAY
Kicking Game
easyWire
TODAY
London Broncos Victorious Over Off-Colour Catalans Dragons
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squads - Warriors v Leopards
LeythIg
TODAY
Lockie Lam
Blackandwhit
TODAY
Leigh h pt 2
NickyKiss
TODAY
Weve never had it so good
MjM
TODAY
Leigh Away
ComeOnYouUll
TODAY
Dual Reg & Loans The Rules Explained
faxcar
TODAY
Salford Win the Mid Table Battle Over The Rhinos
RLFANS News
TODAY
Saints Back To Winning Ways With Big Win Over Hull FC
RLFANS News
TODAY
Hull KR Top of the League With Stunning Win Over Warrington
RLFANS News
TODAY
York at home
WT_Midlander
TODAY
cats
BigTime
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Lord Tony Sm
TODAY
New 4-year deal for Marshall
Jason65
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
London Broncos Victorious Over..
Salford Win the Mid Table Batt..
Saints Back To Winning Ways Wi..
Hull KR Top of the League With..
Wakefield Trinity Back to Winn..
Catalans Dragons Defeat Hull F..
Salford Move Closer To Play Of..
Warrington Wolves Humiliate Wi..
Bill Arthur Rest In Peace..
Rhinos Comfortably Win Scrappy..
Battling Tigers Beat The Drago..
Hull KR Defeat Leeds In Headin..
Twelve Man Warrington Stun Sai..
2024 State of Origin - Game 3 ..
Wakefield March On With Win Ov..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.61M 3,078 ↓-21580,09314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R2
20:00
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Thu 8th Aug
     National Rugby League 2024-R23
10:50
Souths
v
Melbourne
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R21
St.Helens
v
Salford
 Fri 9th Aug
09:00
Gold Coast
v
Cronulla
11:00
Parramatta
v
Penrith
     Womens Super League 2024-R11
17:30
LeedsW
v
WiganW
Huddersfield
v
Catalans
Hull KR
v
Castleford
       Championship 2024-R21
Wakefield
v
Sheffield
 Sat 10th Aug
06:00
Canberra
v
Manly
08:30
NQL Cowboys
v
Brisbane
10:35
St.George
v
Canterbury
12:00
St.HelensW
v
FeatherstoneW
       League One 2024-R19
13:00
Cornwall
v
Hunslet
14:00
BarrowW
v
Wire W
15:00
Leeds
v
Wigan
       Championship 2024-R21
18:00
Doncaster
v
Toulouse
 Sun 11th Aug
05:00
Dolphins
v
NZ Warriors
07:05
Newcastle
v
Wests
12:00
York V
v
Hudds W
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 8th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Salford
Fri 9th Aug
SL
Huddersfield-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Castleford
Sat 10th Aug
SL
Leeds-Wigan
Sun 11th Aug
SL
Leigh-Hull FC
SL
LondonB-Warrington
Sat 17th Aug
SL
19:30
Warrington-Leeds
SL
17:00
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
14:30
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:30
Leigh-Salford
SL
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:30
Huddersfield-Castleford
Fri 23rd Aug
SL
Castleford-Warrington
SL
Leeds-Catalans
Sat 24th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Hull KR
SL
14:00
Salford-Huddersfield
Sun 25th Aug
SL
LondonB-Leigh
SL
Wigan-Hull FC
Fri 30th Aug
SL
Hull KR-Salford
SL
Leigh-Warrington
Sun 4th Aug
SL 20 LondonB12-10Catalans
WSL2024 10 FeatherstoneW6-68LeedsW
WSL2024 10 BarrowW6-64St.HelensW
WSL2024 10 Wire W0-61York V
WSL2024 10 WiganW70-0Hudds W
L1 18 Keighley72-12Newcastle
L1 18 Oldham32-0Midlands
L1 18 Rochdale46-32Cornwall
L1 18 Workington24-28Crusaders
CH 20 Barrow24-24Bradford
CH 20 Dewsbury16-42Wakefield
CH 20 Featherstone24-16Batley
CH 20 Halifax38-18York
CH 20 Sheffield22-20Doncaster
CH 20 Whitehaven12-24Widnes
NRL 22 Penrith22-14Newcastle
NRL 22 Canterbury22-18Canberra
Sat 3rd Aug
SL 20 Hull FC6-46St.Helens
SL 20 Salford22-16Leeds
CH 20 Swinton4-48Toulouse
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Hull KR 20 503 259 244 30
Wigan 19 495 258 237 30
Warrington 20 502 267 235 28
Salford 20 377 382 -5 26
St.Helens 20 501 262 239 24
Catalans 20 376 286 90 24

Leeds 20 371 364 7 20
Leigh 19 392 286 106 19
Huddersfield 20 350 453 -103 14
Castleford 20 336 523 -187 13
Hull FC 20 274 612 -338 6
LondonB 20 210 735 -525 4
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 18 626 222 404 34
Sheffield 18 510 303 207 26
Toulouse 17 516 224 292 25
Widnes 18 434 319 115 23
Bradford 18 421 321 100 22
Featherstone 18 464 375 89 18

Doncaster 18 338 432 -94 17
York 19 446 383 63 16
Batley 18 300 390 -90 16
Halifax 18 356 477 -121 14