FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Virtual Terrace > Could Toronto, London and Toulouse all get promoted?
613 posts in 42 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner10000No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8202.jpg
[url=//www.facebook.com/wellsmotors:2svvs5eg][img:2svvs5eg]//i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd30/wellsy13/Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg[/img:2svvs5eg][/url:2svvs5eg]:8202.jpg

Quote: Call Me God "All taken on board, but my concern is that the main driver has gone, the sponsor is saving 50% this year on last years flight deal, they seem intent on ignoring the salary cap, they have been allowed to play their games in blocks which is 100% advantageous to them as they will face 10 sides at home who will all be fresh off the plane whilst they will be acclimatised, they lied about attendances at games last year and for all their good intentions, it'll take 3 decades to deliver "home grown players".

Their constant bombardment of good news on social media and other channels is well done, but the reality is they are preaching to the choir.....of the 700 or so ST holders there last year, most would have been ex-pats from the North of England. A mate of mine lives just outside Toronto and he was a hardcore Bradford fan when we used to work together....he said you wouldn't know about the wolfpack unless you went looking for them......he didn't now they existed until I asked if he'd been to a game. They owe their kit suppliers money from 2017.......this is a substantiated fact as the same brokers supply London......their are rumours of players being "uncontrollable" when back in Toronto and whilst it is nice to have a side outside of the heartlands, they will I suspect go the way of PSG and Crusaders once the emperor is seen to be wearing nothing at all......because the TV execs and Sponsors could find neither Wigan, St Helens on a map as they can't currently find Dewsbury and Swinton.

Toronto's Canadian Football team have the lowest crowd average (14,000) in that comp, despite making the finals last year. Trying to get tickets to the Maple Leafs on the other hand is much harder, but they still only average 19k...the Blue Jays average 40k, Toronto FC 27,000.....the FC, the CFL and the Jays are head to head against the Wolfpack.....without free tickets, of which there were thousands last year, the real attendances would have been 2 or 3k.......whilst the wage bill was SL standard.....without Perez pressing the flesh and doing the PR, the wheels will soon come off the bandwagon and not even 1.8 million of SKY SL money in 2019 will be enough......David Hughes personally sunk 2 million a year into the Broncos in SL with comparable attendances to Toronto but without the other overheads the club has........how long before Argyle splits? Then what......if we've lost a Halifax or a Leigh, we've lost 2 clubs that provide a pathway for young English talent all because we were told there was a mega-bucks TV deal in the offing and we believed them with no proof?

I don't hope they fail, but I will be stunned if they succeed in doing anything other than giving us something else to whinge about whilst attendances and TV audiences continue to plummet back home.'"

There's a lot of rumour there. A lot of speculating.

Them "only getting 2-3k" if you stio away all the free tickets is not only majorly speculative, it's not actually that bad in comparison to other Championship clubs and especially to new clubs.

To say their main fans are ex-pats and their attendances are all made up is just pushing false facts.

The breaking the salary cap is just speculation also, pushed by those that just need to think they're cheating to get where they are.

Why would you lose Halifax or Leigh because of an expansion club like Toronto? That's ridiculous.

All in all, it doesn't sound like you don't hope they fail at all. It sounds very much like you want them to, given how easily you are willing to push speculation and gossip as fact.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain98No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Call Me God "All taken on board, but my concern is that the main driver has gone, the sponsor is saving 50% this year on last years flight deal, they seem intent on ignoring the salary cap, they have been allowed to play their games in blocks which is 100% advantageous to them as they will face 10 sides at home who will all be fresh off the plane whilst they will be acclimatised, they lied about attendances at games last year and for all their good intentions, it'll take 3 decades to deliver "home grown players".

Their constant bombardment of good news on social media and other channels is well done, but the reality is they are preaching to the choir.....of the 700 or so ST holders there last year, most would have been ex-pats from the North of England. A mate of mine lives just outside Toronto and he was a hardcore Bradford fan when we used to work together....he said you wouldn't know about the wolfpack unless you went looking for them......he didn't now they existed until I asked if he'd been to a game. They owe their kit suppliers money from 2017.......this is a substantiated fact as the same brokers supply London......their are rumours of players being "uncontrollable" when back in Toronto and whilst it is nice to have a side outside of the heartlands, they will I suspect go the way of PSG and Crusaders once the emperor is seen to be wearing nothing at all......because the TV execs and Sponsors could find neither Wigan, St Helens on a map as they can't currently find Dewsbury and Swi

Toronto's Canadian Football team have the lowest crowd average (14,000) in that comp, despite making the finals last year. Trying to get tickets to the Maple Leafs on the other hand is much harder, but they still only average 19k...the Blue Jays average 40k, Toronto FC 27,000.....the FC, the CFL and the Jays are head to head against the Wolfpack.....without free tickets, of which there were thousands last year, the real attendances would have been 2 or 3k.......whilst the wage bill was SL standard.....without Perez pressing the flesh and doing the PR, the wheels will soon come off the bandwagon and not even 1.8 million of SKY SL money in 2019 will be enough......David Hughes personally sunk 2 million a year into the Broncos in SL with comparable attendances to Toronto but without the other overheads the club has........how long before Argyle splits? Then what......if we've lost a Halifax or a Leigh, we've lost 2 clubs that provide a pathway for young English talent all because we were told there was a mega-bucks TV deal in the offing and we believed them with no proof?

I don't hope they fail, but I will be stunned if they succeed in doing anything other than giving us something else to whinge about whilst attendances and TV audiences continue to plummet back home.'"

this

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Budgiezilla "1) at least 500 away fans to each game (even in the championship)
2) don't ask for special treatment (i.e. 12 games away, then 12 at home) or ask not to appear in the challenge cup
3) when Barrow had to play Toronto away in the league one play offs, multi millionaire owner Argyle did not pay for their flights, they had to set up a justgiving fund to help finance the trip. (no such problem at Leigh)
Why are Leigh fans so worried about other sides getting promoted, and Leigh remaining in the Championship.
Although your passion for your club is commendable, why is every other club in the wrong.

There is an issue about whether we should be expanding RL to far flung places. However, IF this is the right move, then lets get on with it.
We didnt have fans of other League 1 clubs moaning daily about Toronto having "unfair" advantage and "nobody" wanted them (Toronto) fast tracked to SL so, in essence, we have what "everybody wanted", which is Toronto working their way through the leagues and having to gain promotion via the middle 8's.
I just dont get the constant anti Toronto stuff that is posted on here every day of the week.
IF they gain promotion, good luck to them and if not, then another club may get a shot at the "big time" and if they do, good luck to them.

The middle 8's look like it will have 2 British clubs and 2 Overseas clubs (possibly) and if Leigh are in there, it will be up to them to perform and on the plus side, you have been there, read the book and bought the T shirt so, it should be advantage Leigh.

It seems that you will only be happy when any club outside the M62 corridor is jettisoned from the "domestic" competition and RL again becomes a Northern Sport for Norther People.

One day you may get your wish because, as things stand, the game is going backwards and without some new life being breathed into the game, it could well revert to a semi pro competition.

I'm not saying that Toronto, London or Toulouse are the answer but, Leigh and/or Fev getting promotes will do nothing to advance the game as a whole.

Enjoy the ride and take what comes.

RankPostsTeam
International Star21605
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
62021_1514912988.png
[img:12j4q57k]https://i.imgur.com/ayH2ksC.jpg[/img:12j4q57k]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_62021.png

Quote: wrencat1873 "Why are Leigh fans so worried about other sides getting promoted, and Leigh remaining in the Championship.
Although your passion for your club is commendable, why is every other club in the wrong.

There is an issue about whether we should be expanding RL to far flung places. However, IF this is the right move, then lets get on with it.
We didnt have fans of other League 1 clubs moaning daily about Toronto having "unfair" advantage and "nobody" wanted them (Toronto) fast tracked to SL so, in essence, we have what "everybody wanted", which is Toronto working their way through the leagues and having to gain promotion via the middle 8's.
I just dont get the constant anti Toronto stuff that is posted on here every day of the week.
IF they gain promotion, good luck to them and if not, then another club may get a shot at the "big time" and if they do, good luck to them.

The middle 8's look like it will have 2 British clubs and 2 Overseas clubs (possibly) and if Leigh are in there, it will be up to them to perform and on the plus side, you have been there, read the book and bought the T shirt so, it should be advantage Leigh.

It seems that you will only be happy when any club outside the M62 corridor is jettisoned from the "domestic" competition and RL again becomes a Northern Sport for Norther People.

One day you may get your wish because, as things stand, the game is going backwards and without some new life being breathed into the game, it could well revert to a semi pro competition.

I'm not saying that Toronto, London or Toulouse are the answer but, Leigh and/or Fev getting promotes will do nothing to advance the game as a whole.

Enjoy the ride and take what comes.'"

Leigh fans are not worried,where are you getting this from? You only need to READ Budgiezilla's and CMG above post above, to see the facts about Leigh and Toronto,That's all. FWIW - No championship side atm is anywhere near good enough for SL.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6809
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Jan 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18302_1567366773.png
[b:1crbsr9w] Toulouse for Championship in 2017, Super League in 2021! Avignon for Championship in 2021, Super League in 2022! [/b:1crbsr9w]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18302.png

Quote: Cokey "Leigh fans are not worried,where are you getting this from? You only need to READ Budgiezilla's and CMG above post above, to see the facts about Leigh and Toronto,That's all. FWIW - No championship side atm is anywhere near good enough for SL.'"

Toronto and Toulouse are. But you wouldn't know, sitting on a cardboard box in Sefton Street.

RankPostsTeam
International Star21605
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
62021_1514912988.png
[img:12j4q57k]https://i.imgur.com/ayH2ksC.jpg[/img:12j4q57k]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_62021.png

Quote: JEAN CAPDOUZE "Toronto and Toulouse are. But you wouldn't know, sitting on a cardboard box in Sefton Street.'"

No they are not.How would you know living in a coal bunker in Chorley.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8679
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14002_1637716780.jpg
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14002.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 "Why are Leigh fans so worried about other sides getting promoted, and Leigh remaining in the Championship.

Enjoy the ride and take what comes.'"

I agree with a lot of what you say, I'm not worried at all, after all Leigh have only spent 2 seasons in Super League, we are used to being in the championship .
But what I will say is, I am for more interested in a club with history who have struggled for years, seeing the good times again. (i.e. Bradford, Oldham, York, Halifax, Hunslet Swinton etc) rather than a new club being created in a town/city and financing their way into the middle 8's. If Toronto gain promotion to SL, then they will have earned it. Just not sure why we have a 'planet earth' RFL, it's rather odd...to say the least. Are we that desperate ? Looks like we are...

RankPostsTeam
International Star1975
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59837_1508749784.jpg
Irony is represented below. [quote="JEAN CAPDOUZE":162hm7sy]He is not telling the truth. He is talking paranoid rubbish.[/quote:162hm7sy]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59837.jpg

Quote: Sir Kevin Sinfield "It’s a good job, I remember Halifax taking several years to finish building their main stand.'"

Did Halifax move all their games to another country, or play home games en block while their stand was being built..

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11989
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: JEAN CAPDOUZE "Toronto and Toulouse are. But you wouldn't know, sitting on a cardboard box in Sefton Street.'"

Sorry Jean, they are NOT yet good enough. Granted, they are amongst the best three clubs in the Championship, (with Featherstone) but until they prove themselves in the 'Middle 8's', they have not proved themselves good enough for Super League.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1999
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35006_1638866888.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35006.jpg

Toronto could be, but they'll have to keep spending and shifting (better) players in and out of the squad to be competitive in the M8's. What could count against them is a lack of consistency in the team, and how that could affect things when they come up against stronger opposition. If Leigh keep on improving then they could be a threat in the M8's, but no other Championship club is anywhere near being able to compete with any current SL team.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2794
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
70807_1599340376.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_70807.jpg

Toronto are a good thing, a good thing but only with an open, transparent & honest agenda from the RFL.

Don't ask any heartland Club to blindly accept their ridiculous artificially inflated attendance figures *which should be based on actual purchased & paid for tickets for all clubs, no freebies* only the selectively blind fail to see the reality.

Do not ask those with sense to accept that they could not be pushing the edge re the Salary Cap or that they are playing with more Non Fed players than is permitted for all other clubs.

Do not ask those with any semblance of intelligence to blindly believe that TW have unfairly side stepped their commitment to playing in Canada by staging some of their "Home" games in London, Manchester etc or that it is in any way fair to play en-block & having the definite advantage of a season ending run of home advantage en-block while other clubs play home & away.

Toronto IMHO 'SHOULD' be admitted to SL along with Toulouse, but do not insult our intelligence & rather, be open & honest & submit an agreed plan from the outset, DO NOT in any way ask us to swallow the BS spin that we know is false.

If the RFL had come out & asked the member clubs to allow a stepped introduction of TW & Toulouse & also possibly London then it would more likely *I suspect* to be accepted by fans of heartland clubs 'if' it were honestly & openly communicated.

Let's not pretend this is a level playing field, it never was with Catalans after all, but is it not easier to accept something which can be openly seen than something that is shrouded in smoke & mirrors ?

FWIW, get TW in regardless of their ability to win a MPG, Toulouse also & maybe London but, give them a set framework & a deadline to be SL ready, this will allow them to prepare & invest knowing they are to be admitted.
Do not accept their word they are ready, check, check that their are actually 7,000 paying spectators, make sure that they are operating within the same rules *non fed players etc* as everyone else, be honest *difficult for the RFL* & see the change in perception from fans of other clubs.

Welcome them, but not AT ANY COST !

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2921
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76030_1540929970.jpg
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES????? £20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000. The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover. There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT::d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76030.jpg

Quote: Wellsy13 "There's a lot of rumour there. A lot of speculating. '"

Indeed there is

Quote: Wellsy13 "Them "only getting 2-3k" if you stio away all the free tickets is not only majorly speculative, it's not actually that bad in comparison to other Championship clubs and especially to new clubs.'"

Going on the TV evidence, there is not a chance in hell that they averaged at 78% capacity of their "home" ground. But, but telling an untruth and then repeating it, they convinced many RL fans that Canadians love the game.....the reality is that at Brunch-time events in Down Town Toronto fewer than 200 have turned up to watch live tele-casts of the game....those poor RL starved Canadians.....

Quote: Wellsy13 "To say their main fans are ex-pats and their attendances are all made up is just pushing false facts. '"

The falshood about attendances comes from their lies, not mine. As for where their fans originate from, we'll never know because once they are in SL the screens will all go up again and it'll never be made public knowledge until they fold once Argyle leaves.

Quote: Wellsy13 "The breaking the salary cap is just speculation also, pushed by those that just need to think they're cheating to get where they are. '"

Quota and Cap suspicions are warranted. Also are the comments regarding cost cutting. A regular Home and Away season would have cost them a lot more than 10 weeks bed and board in Toronto, all in one hit after the majority of the team spent the start of the season staying with their mums!

Quote: Wellsy13 "Why would you lose Halifax or Leigh because of an expansion club like Toronto? That's ridiculous. '"

If the trap door gets pulled up (it will have to, because North Americans don't want, do or understand relegation" then clubs in the lower tiers will wither and vanish as professional entities.

Quote: Wellsy13 "All in all, it doesn't sound like you don't hope they fail at all. It sounds very much like you want them to, given how easily you are willing to push speculation and gossip as fact.'"

As I said at the top, there is a load of speculation and rumour. The best way for that to stop is for the RFL/SL and the Pack to come clean.

They can start by not lying about attendances.....this weekend they should easily fill Fletchers Fields given their hoardes of fanatics have been starved of live action.....it's a 30 minute drive from downtown Toronto.....I wonder why they haven't been playing there sooner.....hmmmmm....it's a mystery. FWIW, many Torontonians will commute by over an hour to get to work........ Where's Perez gone?.......cryptic "he's a shareholder but not an employee' statements from the club and nothing from him in Boston, Hamilton, NYC or nevernever land........Hmmmm.....more mysteries.

I am not pushing anything as fact other than they owe their kit supplier money....which they do. The Kit Supplier posts on these very boards and will support this. That's why they've the same shirts as last year in their shop and the only new item is a locally sourced scarf....(7,000 fans, surely there's be more for them to buy".....

..as for wanting them to fail? Nope.....I'd love it they went all the way to Old Trafford, but the reality is that if they do, they will do so without a single Canadian playing for them, with an Australian bankrolling them and no sign of any of the mythical broadcast deals or sponsors flocking to our gates.....Remember, the bearded wonder walked us out at Wembley and we made 2 play offs as well as finishing 2nd in the league.....we now play at a wedding venue in the 2nd tier, bankrolled by a bloke with a guilty conscience...Argyle doesn't have a conscience.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner10000No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8202.jpg
[url=//www.facebook.com/wellsmotors:2svvs5eg][img:2svvs5eg]//i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd30/wellsy13/Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg[/img:2svvs5eg][/url:2svvs5eg]:8202.jpg

Quote: Call Me God "Indeed there is

Going on the TV evidence, there is not a chance in hell that they averaged at 78% capacity of their "home" ground. But, but telling an untruth and then repeating it, they convinced many RL fans that Canadians love the game.....the reality is that at Brunch-time events in Down Town Toronto fewer than 200 have turned up to watch live tele-casts of the game....those poor RL starved Canadians.....'"

How capacity is determined at their venue, I'm unsure. Whether it only includes the two stands or whether it includes the beer garden also, I'd need confirming. But if it doesn't, then that beer garden holds a lot and wild explain why the stands look emptier than you'd think, as well as the notorious late-coming Toronto public.

So just pushing pure speculation doesn't make you appear to be doing more than just pushing your agenda; not to mention the snobbery of only 200 attending live telecasts - maybe others were watching from home?

Quote: Call Me God "The falshood about attendances comes from their lies, not mine. '"

The falsehood about attendances comes from your speculation and second guessing based on them wanting to fail for some reason.

Quote: Call Me God "As for where their fans originate from, we'll never know because once they are in SL the screens will all go up again and it'll never be made public knowledge until they fold once Argyle leaves.'"

Ahh, I see. You're making one of those "I'll make a point, but you can't prove that I'm wrong" kind of arguments. A bit like the "chocolate teapot orbiting the sun near Pluto" kind of argument.

Quote: Call Me God "Quota and Cap suspicions are warranted. '"

Why? Because we can't prove otherwise?
Do they have the same quota rules being an expansion club?
The cap is the same as SL now. I don't think they're paying the same as a SL team currently. I think Leigh probably pay more. Yes, they're making a lot of signings, but they're releasing a lot of players also.
I think cap speculation is again only pushed by those with an agenda.

Quote: Call Me God "Also are the comments regarding cost cutting. A regular Home and Away season would have cost them a lot more than 10 weeks bed and board in Toronto, all in one hit after the majority of the team spent the start of the season staying with their mums!'"

1) You can only play at certain times of year in Toronto due to the climate, so some exceptions were always going to need to be made.
2) Their home ground being renovated has also required them to request to play away longer. This isn't going to happen every year and other clubs will and do ask for away games at certain times because of this (Leeds, Hull, etc).
3) Considering what the club are paying for (not just their own travel but that of the other teams also), it's fair to say that if they want to look at some ways of cutting costs, I think it's understandable given they're not receiving any funding from the game but are indeed funding others.

Quote: Call Me God "If the trap door gets pulled up (it will have to, because North Americans don't want, do or understand relegation" then clubs in the lower tiers will wither and vanish as professional entities. '"

Who said the trap door will be pulled up?
And even if it was, I didn't see them wither and die between 2008-2014.
Hyperbole is not an argument.

Quote: Call Me God "As I said at the top, there is a load of speculation and rumour. The best way for that to stop is for the RFL/SL and the Pack to come clean. '"

Ridiculous comment. They don't need to do anything. For you to say they need to come clean already means you've made your mind up. What if they have nothing to come clean about and everything you have said is wrong? You have no facts. People don't need to come out to squash rumours. That's not how the world works.

If you make a claim, it's up to you to prove it, not the others to refute it.

Quote: Call Me God "They can start by not lying about attendances.....this weekend they should easily fill Fletchers Fields given their hoardes of fanatics have been starved of live action.....it's a 30 minute drive from downtown Toronto.....I wonder why they haven't been playing there sooner.....hmmmmm....it's a mystery. '"

So now you're saying they should over stretch themselves? Why should they have to? They're not needing to prove anything to you. Why risk money on a large stadium (that for all we know could be unavailable) for what is still a club in its early development?

Give over. The standards you're asking of them are not in a par to anyone else. You'd never ask Leigh to play at Old Trafford in the Championship.

Quote: Call Me God "FWIW, many Torontonians will commute by over an hour to get to work........ Where's Perez gone?.......cryptic "he's a shareholder but not an employee' statements from the club and nothing from him in Boston, Hamilton, NYC or nevernever land........Hmmmm.....more mysteries.'"

More mysteries... or more conspiracies? For someone claiming to be for expansion, you're looking hard to knock it down... even in areas where you have literally no information!

Quote: Call Me God "I am not pushing anything as fact other than they owe their kit supplier money....which they do. The Kit Supplier posts on these very boards and will support this. That's why they've the same shirts as last year in their shop and the only new item is a locally sourced scarf....(7,000 fans, surely there's be more for them to buy".....'"

I won't comment on the kit supplying issue because I wouldn't know and aren't willing to speculate. If it's what you have based all the rest of your speculation on though, it's a bloody big leap!

Quote: Call Me God "..as for wanting them to fail? Nope.....I'd love it they went all the way to Old Trafford, but the reality is that if they do, they will do so without a single Canadian playing for them, with an Australian bankrolling them and no sign of any of the mythical broadcast deals or sponsors flocking to our gates.....Remember, the bearded wonder walked us out at Wembley and we made 2 play offs as well as finishing 2nd in the league.....we now play at a wedding venue in the 2nd tier, bankrolled by a bloke with a guilty conscience...'"

You want then to go all the way to Old Trafford, but even if they do, they don't deserve it basically. Yeah, that sounds like you're all in favour.

You have an agenda. Admit it. Don't sit behind your keyboard pedaling accusations about clubs lying when you can't even be honest on an online message board. You want them to fail because it's not expansion in the way you see fit, and rather than see this succeed, you'd rather they fail in order to prove yourself right. Which club do you support out of interest?

Quote: Call Me God "Argyle doesn't have a conscience.'"

Oh dear. Did the RFL forget to ask him that question when doing their due diligence?

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Budgiezilla "I agree with a lot of what you say, I'm not worried at all, after all Leigh have only spent 2 seasons in Super League, we are used to being in the championship .
But what I will say is, I am for more interested in a club with history who have struggled for years, seeing the good times again. (i.e. Bradford, Oldham, York, Halifax, Hunslet Swinton etc) rather than a new club being created in a town/city and financing their way into the middle 8's. If Toronto gain promotion to SL, then they will have earned it. Just not sure why we have a 'planet earth' RFL, it's rather odd...to say the least. Are we that desperate ? Looks like we are...'"

I agree with you.
However, it may become a question of trying to advance the game, raising its profile and increasing revenue or, the game reverting to semi pro status.
Pre Super League, RL was great to watch, you could change ends at HT, mix with opposition fans etc but, Professional sport, like it or not, is all about the money and RL in the UK is going backwards.
How would you suggest that we reverse the trend ?

RankPostsTeam
International Star1946No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Oct 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[b:3w2ur1db]Superleague Titles[/b:3w2ur1db] Warrington Wolfs - 0 Wakefield Trinity - 0 Leigh Centurions - 0 [quote="Budgiezilla":3w2ur1db]Surely it can only be a player from Catalans. Probably the best RL side I have ever witnessed in this season's comp.[/quote:3w2ur1db]:

Super league clubs have been inflating attendances for decades by including freebies and tickets purchased but not used. Now a team from another country do it and the little englanders of Leigh and Halifax get all upset. Work that one out

Regards

King James

613 posts in 42 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
613 posts in 42 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.32470703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
Zig
Recent
Round 27 HKR Away
His Bobness
Recent
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Once were Lo
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
16s
Recruitment rumours and links
Uncle Rico
30s
Film game
Boss Hog
52s
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
Zig
53s
IMG
Fantastic Mr
1m
Wolves again
BigTime
1m
Round 27 HKR Away
His Bobness
1m
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Jason65
1m
This weeks disciplinary
MorePlaymake
1m
Wembley photo
AgbriggAmble
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Hull KR Secure Second With Victory Over Leeds
RLFANS News
TODAY
Tonights match v London
karetaker
TODAY
Wembley photo
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trophy By Thrashing Salford
RLFANS News
TODAY
Barrow
PopTart
TODAY
Holly Spurr Interview
JamieRobinso
TODAY
Wolves again
BigTime
TODAY
Academy Players Promoted to First Team Squad
Simba16
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Saints
Deeeekos
TODAY
Round 27 HKR Away
His Bobness
TODAY
Squad for London
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Hull FC preview
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Halifax A
dddooommm
TODAY
East stand
PopTart
TODAY
Locations of League
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Matt Parcell to leave at seasons end
Huddersfield
TODAY
Huddersfiels to get new stadium
RobRiches
TODAY
IMG
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
Leaving players
Murphy
TODAY
bulls on Sunday
Greg Florimo
TODAY
Concerts at Stadiums
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
Finn out Murrell in
faxcar
TODAY
Playoff Semi Final
MattyB
TODAY
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Highlander
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 2,912 ↑27880,12114,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R29
10:50
Sydney
v
Manly
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R27
15:00
Hull FC
v
Catalans
       Championship 2024-R27
18:00
Featherstone
v
Dewsbury
18:00
Widnes
v
Toulouse
19:30
Wakefield
v
Barrow
 TOMORROW
       Championship 2024-R27
Batley
v
Swinton
Halifax
v
Bradford
Swinton
v
Doncaster
       League One 2024-R24
Hunslet
v
Midlands
Keighley
v
Rochdale
 Fri 27th Sep
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R28
20:00
Salford
v
Leigh
 Sat 28th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
17:00
Toulouse
v
Batley
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R28
17:00
Warrington
v
St.Helens
 Sun 29th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
Barrow
v
Widnes
Bradford
v
Swinton
Dewsbury
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
Doncaster
Whitehaven
v
Halifax
York
v
Featherstone
 Sun 27th Oct 2024
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 21st Sep
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Fri 20th Sep
SL 27 Hull KR26-16Leeds
SL 27 Leigh18-12St.Helens
SL 27 Warrington54-0LondonB
CH 27 Sheffield24-26York
NRL 29 Cronulla26-18NQL Cowboys
Thu 19th Sep
SL 27 Huddersfield34-10Castleford
SL 27 Wigan64-0Salford
Sun 15th Sep
WSL2024 14 FeatherstoneW6-32York V
WSL2024 14 Hudds W36-0Wire W
CH 26 Barrow34-14Whitehaven
CH 26 Bradford16-14Batley
CH 26 Dewsbury16-28Swinton
CH 26 Doncaster30-14Widnes
CH 26 Featherstone6-20Sheffield
CH 26 Wakefield20-4York
NRL 28 Canterbury22-24Manly
L1 23 Midlands24-22Workington
L1 23 Rochdale30-18Hunslet
Sat 14th Sep
SL 26 Hull FC4-58Salford
SL 26 Catalans12-8LondonB
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Warrington 27 738 319 419 40
Salford 27 550 547 3 32
Leigh 27 566 398 168 31
St.Helens 27 596 388 208 30

Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Catalans 26 451 423 28 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 26 324 870 -546 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 24 892 256 636 46
Bradford 24 618 373 245 32
Toulouse 23 662 340 322 31
York 26 639 463 176 28
Sheffield 25 618 498 120 28
Widnes 24 513 433 80 27

Featherstone 24 566 472 94 26
Doncaster 24 470 527 -57 23
Batley 24 378 513 -135 20
Halifax 24 475 617 -142 20