Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wrencat1873 "York and/or Newcastle wont deliver a TV deal.'"

The idea is they get their English fans buying SKY subscriptions.

There is a difference in terms of the North American clubs, they are required to actually deliver TV deals from their own country. You've see the quotes from Mr. Perez who openly accepted from the start he needed to find NA TV deals,

Seen any yet?

I wonder why Livolsi thinks he should have a slice of the TV deal when the reality always was NA clubs had to find their own TV deals as their fans can't subscribe to SKY like Newcastle and York fans can.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7181No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.:

Quote: Donnyman "The idea is they get their English fans buying SKY subscriptions.

There is a difference in terms of the North American clubs, they are required to actually deliver TV deals from their own country. You've see the quotes from Mr. Perez who openly accepted from the start he needed to find NA TV deals,

Seen any yet?

I wonder why Livolsi thinks he should have a slice of the TV deal when the reality always was NA clubs had to find their own TV deals as their fans can't subscribe to SKY like Newcastle and York fans can.'"

Whose idea was this?

Sky appear to like Toronto - https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... es-3803425
Quote: Donnyman "The idea is they get their English fans buying SKY subscriptions.

Seen any yet?

I wonder why Livolsi thinks he should have a slice of the TV deal when the reality always was NA clubs had to find their own TV deals as their fans can't subscribe to SKY like Newcastle and York fans can.'"

Whose idea was this?

Sky appear to like Toronto - https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... es-3803425

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Chris.Taylor "That also equates to a minimum of 50% of Super League too.
Yes, I know this but, the lack of securing a TV deal was top of a certain posters demands for jettisoning Toronto (pre their voluntary withdrawal)..
Ultimately, any club taking Toronto's place will, quite rightly, want a slice of the TV monies, something that Toronto didn't take.

Anyway, it matters not.

York are not ready for SL yet but, come the time, if they gain promotion, I'm sure that they will be welcomed in, just as other promoted sides should be.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain510No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20205 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Donnyman "We can't have a logical and factual debate leading to an agreed conclusion unless you grasp some realities.

Superleague is a league based on selling subscriptions to English fans to watch their clubs.

It's a league in which the player base is based on member clubs producing as much talent as it can from this country.

What we want from our clubs is player development, fanbases buying SKY subscriptions and private non-returnable investment where we can get it accordingly. Put simply.....

1. Rich owners
2. Fans buying TV subscriptions to see their clubs playing Superleague on TV
3. Player production systems

This isn't even up for debate, it's just a fact.

Leigh do not fully tick these boxes and Toulouse don't tick any of the boxes, and you never seem to be able to grasp this?? Is it because, as you admit, you have a penchant for ignoring what people are saying?'"

Toulouse satisfy point 3 of your made up list of criteria.

Point 2 doesn't even apply to them, don't know about point 1.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Donnyman "We can't have a logical and factual debate leading to an agreed conclusion unless you grasp some realities.

Superleague is a league based on selling subscriptions to English fans to watch their clubs.

It's a league in which the player base is based on member clubs producing as much talent as it can from this country.

What we want from our clubs is player development, fanbases buying SKY subscriptions and private non-returnable investment where we can get it accordingly. Put simply.....

1. Rich owners
2. Fans buying TV subscriptions to see their clubs playing Superleague on TV
3. Player production systems

This isn't even up for debate, it's just a fact.

Leigh do not fully tick these boxes and Toulouse don't tick any of the boxes, and you never seem to be able to grasp this?? Is it because, as you admit, you have a penchant for ignoring what people are saying?'"

This is yet another fantasy post.

Last time I looked, Super League was the elite level professional RL competition in thee UK (and beyond)..

It is not a "league based on selling subscriptions to English fans to watch their clubs." - where on earth did you pull this one from d040.gif d040.gif d040.gif

Yes, in order for it to be worth Sky's level of investment, they either need to generate money from subscriptions but, they are more reliant on selling advertising alongside their output.

Do you really think that sky are bothered whether those tuning in are from Wigan, Warrington or Western Super Mare ??

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that you are here as click bait.
Not a fan of ANY club but just on the full time wind up.

Being a WUM is ok but, please TRY and stick to the truth. c020.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1219No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

York were joint bottom of the league without a single win before the season got cancelled.
I wouldnt be getting that excited about them to be honest.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: RagingBull "York were joint bottom of the league without a single win before the season got cancelled.
I wouldnt be getting that excited about them to be honest.'"

Bramleymans excitement stems from the owner being a millionaire, not how good they are.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: RagingBull "York were joint bottom of the league without a single win before the season got cancelled.

I absolutely agree and the agreed structure functions with promotion and relegation and not directly on the individual wealth of a clubs owner.
As I said, he's either on the wind up or here as click bait.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Toronto Wolfpack didn't even exist back in 2016 and Canada had no domestic game and no RL TV deals.

Yet plenty of people got very excited indeed about them didn't they?

But after a few short years Toronto Wolfpack ended up bottom of Superleague without a single win, $30Million down the drain, no North American TV deals and no player production.

Yet some people are going to be getting very excited indeed to see them back to be honest icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: little wayne69 "Bramleymans excitement stems from the owner being a millionaire, not how good they are.'"

Funnily enough that's exactly the only attribute Toronto Wolfpack had, they were certainly no good when they played Superleague were they?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wrencat1873 "I absolutely agree and the agreed structure functions with promotion and relegation and not directly on the individual wealth of a clubs owner.
As I said, he's........................................'"

When you try to make it about me you lose the argument (again and again)

Funnily enough if you look carefully at Superleague, clubs certainly DO function on the ability of a rich owner to buy the quality of players needed to get promotion through the leagues.

It's your worst ever post designed to disagree with me because you can't just accept you got this all wrong.

David Argyle didn't bother about any "structures" he just heavily outspent all the part-time Championship clubs to get promotion.

TWP collapsed, but here's the real punch line, new owner Livolsi is offering his own personal wealth in exchange for a Superleague place......

"not directly on the individual wealth of a clubs owner" you say??? you could not be more wrong could you icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: RagingBull "York were joint bottom of the league without a single win I wouldnt be getting that excited about them to be honest.'"

But so many people will be getting excited about Toronto at the end of this week?

What's the difference?

Well once again York have player development systems and York people can but SKY dishes can't they? Same for Newcastle??

So can't they both just make an application to get into Superleague without bothering with P&R??

That's what Livolsi is doing??

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1242No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021May 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Rlfans - the most toxic rugby league forum in the world:

Quote: Donnyman "Toronto Wolfpack didn't even exist back in 2016 and Canada had no domestic game and no RL TV deals.

Yet plenty of people got very excited indeed about them didn't they?

But after a few short years Toronto Wolfpack ended up bottom of Superleague without a single win, $30Million down the drain, no North American TV deals and no player production.

Yet some people are going to be getting very excited indeed to see them back to be honest
I could start a thread about DIY and Donnyman would somehow mention Toronto such is his obsession

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Steph Curry "I could start a thread about DIY and Donnyman would somehow mention Toronto such is his obsession'"
icon_lol.gif funny you said that just bought a bucket a paint called Toronto from B&Q I would of called it magnolia

https://www.diy.com/search?term=toronto+paint
Quote: Steph Curry "I could start a thread about DIY and Donnyman would somehow mention Toronto such is his obsession'"
icon_lol.gif funny you said that just bought a bucket a paint called Toronto from B&Q I would of called it magnolia

https://www.diy.com/search?term=toronto+paint

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: snowie "

They can add that range of paints to their snake oil range, but the subject is how good York and Newcastle are looking, having said that if either of these clubs were to go up they'd be red hot favourites to go down so I can appreciate that now isn't the time for either of them to be hoisted into Superleague for the benefit of other clubs survival.

Beaumont has been making significant signings for an assault on the Championship title, and they have been there done that, and not come bottom of SL.so we have the clubs and the owners to that can be a credit to Superleague as we move forward.

As for the silly jibes from the usual suspects, the game is totally engulfed with the North American question, and seriously damaged by it. It's been a massive talking point for years over many thousands of posts and funnily enough it's all coming to a massive head with important and historic decisions to be made in the coming days.

Steph's idea that anyone who is talking about it, especially on the eve of such a major decision being made is somehow "obsessed" is nonsensical.

Why bother coming on a RL discussion site and complaining about people having an RL discussion??

You got any idea why Snowie icon_wink.gif

41 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
41 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

15.5537109375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
karetaker
4m
TV Games - Not Hull
hull2524
15m