FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Virtual Terrace > Would the Barrow side cope in the SL with a few additions
66 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach881No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27378.jpg
:27378.jpg

Quote: SRC "Apart from Cas in 2007, tell me the last time ANY team from below SL averaged above 4,500.
Quins have only broken the 4,000 average twice in the last 10 years in SL!!! Also Salford in their last 9 seasons in SL have only averaged above 4,500 twice.

Regarding Craven Park (again), I posted earlier that 3 things would definitely have to be sorted before SL could be contemplated.
1. Toilets
2. Floodlights
3. Refreshment outlets

Yes, a few hundred grand would have to be spent, but nothing that would threaten the future financial stability of the club. Other improvements would be financed on the back of 3 GUARANTEED years in SL. Special dispensation should be given to clubs who are looking to enter SL for the first time and haven't been in the privelidged position of raking in millions of SKY cash for several/umpteen years. Craven Park actually had a new Grandstand installed 10 years ago, yet the likes of Saints, Cas etc haven't made any noticeable improvements in that time. That is a bigger scandal and should be looked upon in a far worse light than those clubs who haven't had a pot to p1ss in for decades.'"

saints havent made any ground improvements beacause of the new stadium.granted it has taken a long time in coming,but it has been in the process for the last 12 years.various cock ups with the old board and time taken with planning applications and funding haven't helped.but the wheels are now in motion.we haven't had the luxury of being able to share with a football club,but at least when the ground is built it will be OURS.there was never any point in building new stands when we were not going to be staying there.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SRC "Regarding Craven Park (again), I posted earlier that 3 things would definitely have to be sorted before SL could be contemplated.
1. Toilets
2. Floodlights
3. Refreshment outlets'"

Anybody not reading the thread from the beginning could be forgiven for asking which Craven Park are we talking about.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach743No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Jul 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11726.jpg
TF and the wire said of the Widnes Vikings....Best in the World. A pint and a fight - A great British night.:11726.jpg

Quote: SRC "Apart from Cas in 2007, tell me the last time ANY team from below SL averaged above 4,500.
Quins have only broken the 4,000 average twice in the last 10 years in SL!!! Also Salford in their last 9 seasons in SL have only averaged above 4,500 twice.

Regarding Craven Park (again), I posted earlier that 3 things would definitely have to be sorted before SL could be contemplated.
1. Toilets
2. Floodlights
3. Refreshment outlets

Yes, a few hundred grand would have to be spent, but nothing that would threaten the future financial stability of the club. Other improvements would be financed on the back of 3 GUARANTEED years in SL. Special dispensation should be given to clubs who are looking to enter SL for the first time and haven't been in the privelidged position of raking in millions of SKY cash for several/umpteen years. Craven Park actually had a new Grandstand installed 10 years ago, yet the likes of Saints, Cas etc haven't made any noticeable improvements in that time. That is a bigger scandal and should be looked upon in a far worse light than those clubs who haven't had a pot to p1ss in for decades.'"

You can add new turnstiles to the list. You can burn 500 calories off pushing them to go through.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2014Jul 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: snowdog "saints havent made any ground improvements beacause of the new stadium.granted it has taken a long time in coming,but it has been in the process for the last 12 years.various cock ups with the old board and time taken with planning applications and funding haven't helped.but the wheels are now in motion.'"

But how come SL clubs get in this case 12 yrs to get stuff sorted out (18 million+) of murdocks money recieved during this time , but any Championship Clubs dont get any big money or a reasonable time frame to adjust etc icon_biggrin.gifEPRESSED:

tb
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman48326
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1357.jpg
[b:34xc0vwf]Doubt everything, even this[/b:34xc0vwf]:1357.jpg

1) Because for most of those 12 years we had promotion and relegation.

2) A number of current SL clubs (including my own) have been warned about their grounds and about the fact that these put there hopes of a 2012-15 license at risk.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach881No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27378.jpg

Quote: mick wilson "But how come SL clubs get in this case 12 yrs to get stuff sorted out (18 million+) of murdocks money recieved during this time , but any Championship Clubs dont get any big money or a reasonable time frame to adjust etc
saints efforts have been ongoing.we have not been sitting around doing nothing about moving.as i said before we have done this on our own,well maybe tesco helped a little,but no football clubs sharing.when you compare this to the likes of everton fc who have been turned down by government planners for a similiar plan to saints,i think saints deserve a pat on the back.after all,we will be in our stadium by the time the super league requires us to.
as for the championship clubs getting their grounds up to scratch,well halifax and leigh have done very well.and correct me if im wrong here,but is the sky money there to be used for stadium improvements?if it is then thats very unfair because some clubs dont need it as they are tennants at their stadium.

SRC
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner738No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Mar 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Barrow for Super League 2015:

Quote: snowdog "as for the championship clubs getting their grounds up to scratch,well halifax and leigh have done very well.'"

Halifax and Leigh have had very little, if any, input into the stadiums they rent for matchdays. They are council/commitee owned and run. They pay big rent and get very little money from advertising and bar takings etc at the stadium.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3356No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12445.jpg
:12445.jpg

Quote: SRC "Halifax and Leigh have had very little, if any, input into the stadiums they rent for matchdays. They are council/commitee owned and run. They pay big rent and get very little money from advertising and bar takings etc at the stadium.'"

Apart from the stands that were built before the council got involved with the east stand - and the ground isnt just rented for match days is it? - how do you know how much rent Fax pay?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach881No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27378.jpg

Quote: SRC "Halifax and Leigh have had very little, if any, input into the stadiums they rent for matchdays. They are council/commitee owned and run. They pay big rent and get very little money from advertising and bar takings etc at the stadium.'"

but they have still got their act together re getting a stadium fit for super league.it maybe unfair on yourselves as you evidently dont have a council who are willing to help you,but you find yourselves in the same position as saints did.ie do it yourself because no beggar else is going to do it for you

SRC
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner738No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Mar 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: snowdog " do it yourself because no beggar else is going to do it for you'"

That is the position we are in and [iwe are [/idoing something about it. My point is that it's 10x harder for a Championship club to make improvements as they don't get a guaranteed £1.5M from Sky every year. With no (or very little) Sky cash for the 15 years since SL started, we have at least built a new grandstand. Several SL clubs don't seem to have done [ianything[/i in that time.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4064
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Dec 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2940_1318161088.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2940.gif

1. Toilets
2. Floodlights
3. Refreshment outlets

What planet are you on? A few hundred grand buys sod all these days. Calderdale Council had to spend around £5,000,000 to FINISH OFF our new stand, a stand which was already built.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member15309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2115.jpg
[img:1ucbtp34]http://i62.tinypic.com/2hs0qkg.jpg[/img:1ucbtp34] [color=#BF0000:1ucbtp34]the [size=100:1ucbtp34]C[/size:1ucbtp34]laret [size=100:1ucbtp34]A[/size:1ucbtp34]nd [size=100:1ucbtp34]G[/size:1ucbtp34]old [size=100:1ucbtp34]M[/size:1ucbtp34]achine is ready to roll[/color:1ucbtp34] sunday September 1st 2013, when a dream became a reality!!:2115.jpg

Quote: SRC "I find it galling that a Huddersfield fan is giving out advice and opinions on crowds. For decades, Huddersfield Barracudas were knocking around in the gutter and were one of the perennial whipping boys of the sport on crowds far lower that Barrow's current average. Then came the Sky cash and voila. Huddersfield's history is actually proof that a SL team in Barrow would work.'"

its taken us 30 years to get our average crowds anywhere near respectable,to suggest barrow will do it in 1 or 2 is plain daft IMO,if they do then good luck them i say,i wasn't giving advice,just offering an opinion on the topic,my apologies

SRC
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner738No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Mar 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Fax Machine "What planet are you on? A few hundred grand buys sod all these days. Calderdale Council had to spend around £5,000,000 to FINISH OFF our new stand, a stand which was already built.'"

My 'few hundred grand' figure was relating to ...

[i"Regarding Craven Park (again), I posted earlier that 3 things would definitely have to be sorted before SL could be contemplated.
1. Toilets
2. Floodlights
3. Refreshment outlets"[/i

I stand by that figure. New lights = £200K, Toilets £100K tops, Refreshment/bar outlets £200K tops. About £500K would probably cover it.

If Calderdale Council have spent an EXTRA £5M to finish off The Shay's new stand then if I was a tax payer I would feel seriously ripped-off. I knows it's about 6 years old, but the 14,000 seater Halliwell Jones only cost £6.8M - www.barr.co.uk/brochures/2008/ba ... tfolio.pdf.
Quote: Fax Machine "What planet are you on? A few hundred grand buys sod all these days. Calderdale Council had to spend around £5,000,000 to FINISH OFF our new stand, a stand which was already built.'"

My 'few hundred grand' figure was relating to ...

[i"Regarding Craven Park (again), I posted earlier that 3 things would definitely have to be sorted before SL could be contemplated.
1. Toilets
2. Floodlights

I stand by that figure. New lights = £200K, Toilets £100K tops, Refreshment/bar outlets £200K tops. About £500K would probably cover it.

If Calderdale Council have spent an EXTRA £5M to finish off The Shay's new stand then if I was a tax payer I would feel seriously ripped-off. I knows it's about 6 years old, but the 14,000 seater Halliwell Jones only cost £6.8M - www.barr.co.uk/brochures/2008/ba ... tfolio.pdf.

RankPostsTeam
International Star108No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2010Jun 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51394_1274533647.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51394.png

Quote: SRC "My 'few hundred grand' figure was relating to ...

1. Toilets
2. Floodlights

I stand by that figure. New lights

The £6.8M figure cant be right. Possibly this is what Warrington paid for the stadium, if tesco were desperate for a superstore, as these were built together on the same site. But thats nowhere near what the stadium would cost to build.

Keepmoat stadium 15000 £32M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keepmoat_Stadium

Leigh £17.5M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leigh_Sports_Village

Leeds new stand behind the posts £7M
www.therhinos.co.uk/club/stadium/index.php

1. Toilets
2. Floodlights

The £6.8M figure cant be right. Possibly this is what Warrington paid for the stadium, if tesco were desperate for a superstore, as these were built together on the same site. But thats nowhere near what the stadium would cost to build.

Keepmoat stadium 15000 £32M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keepmoat_Stadium

Leigh £17.5M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leigh_Sports_Village

Leeds new stand behind the posts £7M
www.therhinos.co.uk/club/stadium/index.php

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3356No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12445.jpg
:12445.jpg

1. Toilets
2. Floodlights

How many seats does Craven Park have? The main stand must hold only about 800?

66 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
66 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.08935546875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
Cuddleclub
29m
Rumours and signings v9
CobraCraig
51m