JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2018Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51864_1312823830.gif
Just Win, Baby [b:38co1fbc]GIANTS RAIDERS TOFFEES[/b:38co1fbc]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51864.gif

I just want to see a good, near(ish) place to go in Numbers for Fartown.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15807No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2019Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17371_1305700326.jpg
"The Mail understands..." NOTHING! :SUBMISSION: :lol: [quote="-VIKINGMAN-"]Respect to Roofs, the president of East Hull. :wink:[/quote]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17371.jpg

Quote: Conorgiantsfan "I just want to see a good, near(ish) place to go in Numbers for Fartown.'"

Bloody hell isn't Cas, Leeds, Bradford & Wakey enough for ya? icon_rolleyes.gif icon_lol.gif icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach284No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
25822.gif
Da da da da da daaa da daaa:25822.gif

Quote: tb "Yeah, but they did things like put lightbulbs in the toilets at Knowsley Road

Its a shame they took them out of the floodlights to do it though. icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: tb "As I keep pointing out every time people mention this in relation to licensing

Absolutely correct , and the success that is club [ county ] cricket is there for all to see , using the franchise model has proved a massive success with full stadia every week

Oh hang on , no it hasn't , apart from International and 20 twenty , nobody goes to watch it , how well is it doing at the level below county , does anybody know , or even care ?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: TURFEDOUT "We did at Wakefield,we just never replaced them when the cas fans nicked em'"

Edited for accuracy.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach8261No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[size=100:3bcizgah][url=http://twitter.com/reallyrichkelly:3bcizgah]Follow me on Twitter...[/url:3bcizgah][/size:3bcizgah]:

Quote: Conorgiantsfan "I just want to see a good, near(ish) place to go in Numbers for Fartown.'"

Does that even mean Halifax?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4259
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg
[b:1swa1vwo]Change is inevitable ...except from a vending machine![/b:1swa1vwo] [quote="BillyRhino":1swa1vwo]So in best IA mode ..<.Possibley World Class, could be the greatest thing since sliced bread....am personally very excited, and confidently expect him to prove my predictions are bang on target.... Alternatively he could be rubbish> IA mode off. :wink:[/quote:1swa1vwo]:33791.jpg

Quote: Ceejames "You clearly have no idea what a ground charges to hire the facility for an event.(and that is before you get into how desperate the client needs a stadium) To suggest 'not that costly' is a laugh. Plus Wakey would still have to provide offices for all the business staff and coaches ( I assume they would insure these premises and contents and still use gas and electricity or is that conveniently forgotten). The range for stadium hire is £12k - £24K. Usually corporate hospitality is hit because the host ground will charge a profitable rate for themselvs and THEN the hirer must add some for themselves so either volumes are hammered or margins absolutely slashed. All the ground advertising wakey get now (and for most clubs this is an important income stream) will be more or less lost.

The RFL hire the Galpharm / Haliwell Jones / Keepmoat/KC stadiums etc so they know know the costs involved.

If the wakey board think a move to Oakwell does not have significant financial implications then further winding up orders await!'"

You clearly can't read and must be poor at maths! £12k sounds ok to me and £24k would not be the end of the world but doubt it would be that much by a long way. So to cover my £12k hire I only need 600 paying adults through the gate and then I am in profit, I can hire some office space in Wakefield to run my admin team and ticket office out of for next to bugger all a m2, and then I just need some training facilities which I can hire ad-hoc in Wakefield or Barnsley. No PL insurance to pay, no ground staff to pay, no rates, no buildings insurance or ground maintenance costs... makes you wonder why more clubs in SL don't ground share... hang on... eusa_think.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4259
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg
[b:1swa1vwo]Change is inevitable ...except from a vending machine![/b:1swa1vwo] [quote="BillyRhino":1swa1vwo]So in best IA mode ..<.Possibley World Class, could be the greatest thing since sliced bread....am personally very excited, and confidently expect him to prove my predictions are bang on target.... Alternatively he could be rubbish> IA mode off. :wink:[/quote:1swa1vwo]:33791.jpg

Quote: Pepe "We can deduce all kinds of things, few of which will be provable. No-one knows what kind of deal Wakey could get at Barnsley. That’s not the issue anyway. The issue is, whether or not that would save them. Personally, I doubt it very much (if they are the club on the RFL’s hit list). Only a close to completion new stadium could possibly do that, and that isn’t certain either - it didn't help Leigh last time around.

I don’t know why you are having a go at this lad, he’s just looking positively at the situation his club face as it stands today; and I can perfectly understand that.

It looks certain that one club will drop out of Super league in order to make way for a Championship club. Who that club is is not certain. Only the RFL will know for sure. The same goes for the club who is to go up from the Championship.

I really can’t see what is gained by arguing about this.'"

I am very positive about the situation my club faces today, a new TV screen score board for next season to replace an old but well served electronic score board and the rebuilding on the South Stand... although Uncle Gary will have to go into a bit of debt for a few years but he feels it is worth it. When you sell 10k + season tickets a year it doesn't take that long to get some money in. icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: Inflatable_Armadillo "You clearly can't read and must be poor at maths! £12k sounds ok to me and £24k would not be the end of the world but doubt it would be that much by a long way. So to cover my £12k hire I only need 600 paying adults through the gate and then I am in profit, I can hire some office space in Wakefield to run my admin team and ticket office out of for next to bugger all a m2, and then I just need some training facilities which I can hire ad-hoc in Wakefield or Barnsley. No PL insurance to pay, no ground staff to pay, no rates, no buildings insurance or ground maintenance costs... makes you wonder why more clubs in SL don't ground share... hang on...

Maybe because the only club actually making any money in SL owns it's stadium

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4259
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg

Quote: Starbug "Maybe because the only club actually making any money in SL owns it's stadium'"

This is true and we still allow a loss making team to share with us... how generous are we! icon_wink.gif

I don't think for one second it is a long term solution for Trinity being at Oakwell, as while costs are low as against keeping Belle Vue going you also lose out on making more profit at a new modern ground and therefore it is more sustainable to be at a new facility.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg

Quote: Inflatable_Armadillo "This is true and we still allow a loss making team to share with us... how generous are we!
You only make money at a new modern ground if you have a high profile football club as the other user , or you own it , if as it will be a ' council facility ' , then it could easily be a bad move financially for Wakey

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

FFS....let's have magic weekend for every round and play in 27 different stadiums over the season?
Simplez icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15807No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2019Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17371_1305700326.jpg
"The Mail understands..." NOTHING! :SUBMISSION: :lol: [quote="-VIKINGMAN-"]Respect to Roofs, the president of East Hull. :wink:[/quote]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17371.jpg

Quote: gutterfax "FFS....let's have magic weekend for every round and play in 27 different stadiums over the season?
Simplez
Yeah that'd work. icon_rolleyes.gif eusa_liar.gif icon_lol.gif icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star557No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2011Mar 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Inflatable_Armadillo "You clearly can't read and must be poor at maths! £12k sounds ok to me and £24k would not be the end of the world but doubt it would be that much by a long way. So to cover my £12k hire I only need 600 paying adults through the gate and then I am in profit, I can hire some office space in Wakefield to run my admin team and ticket office out of for next to bugger all a m2, and then I just need some training facilities which I can hire ad-hoc in Wakefield or Barnsley. No PL insurance to pay, no ground staff to pay, no rates, no buildings insurance or ground maintenance costs... makes you wonder why more clubs in SL don't ground share... hang on...
My reading and maths are fine thanks. You must be a wealthy guy. First you say hiring Oakwell wont cost much then 'accpet' £12-£24K as being okay. For the finances of a club like wakey £12k to £24k ('not the end of the world' icon_rolleyes.gif )is substantial.

The '£12k = 600 fully paying adults' is toytown economics. Almost as idiotic as the offices / training facilities being easy to get and 'costing b*gger all'. It is this slap dash attitude to what things actually cost that leads to many organisations having financial problems. Incidentally while you used 600 full paying adults at £20(?) as an ilustration the average payment per fan at a wakey game is likely to be £8 -£10 - this takes into account concessions, season tickets, junior tickets and some free tickets. so it is closer to 1200 to 1500 attendees to cover £12K. HTH

I think the £15000 per game for a 23000 stadium like Oakwell is a reasonable assumption. So a seasons hire would be 13 x £15K. £195K (assuming no friendlies or cup games). Add office space for business staff and for coaches. A shop(?)Add training facilities and playing faclities for junior grade games that were played at Belle Vue. Now you think the savings in insurance + ground maintainance + ground staff (are these guys going to be fired?) will be greater than £195k + all the other costs. You are totally deluded and I hope no one like you is advising wakey.

However the financial situation would be worse than this. There would be loses on hosipitality + ground advertising + stadium naming rights. There are additonal marketing costs (to tell people about the new venue) stationary costs etc. And there is every likelihood that over the season the attendances woud be down as some people will not travel.

To try and claim that moving to Oakwell for a season is economically beneficial may be comforting to some wakey fans however it is delusional. The Trinity and RFL boards are highly unlikely to share this dilusion.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Ceejames "My reading and maths are fine thanks. You must be a wealthy guy. First you say hiring Oakwell wont cost much then 'accpet' £12-£24K as being okay. For the finances of a club like wakey £12k to £24k ('not the end of the world'
Thanks for the concern, no really icon_rolleyes.gif sleepy.gif

254 posts in 18 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
254 posts in 18 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.32958984375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Le Cats at home - Los Alomos Custers Last Stand
hull2524
4m
TV Games - Not Hull
hull2524
8m