FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Virtual Terrace > Have the Quins had their final beer at last chance saloon?
185 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4389No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Dec 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45452.jpg
[i:2v2cei1t]'You put your Wendell in, You take your Brownie out, You put your Bennett in, And you make it to the 8, You do the Oki Chokie, And you get knocked out, Thats what St George are about' [/i:2v2cei1t] [quote="dally messenger":2v2cei1t]parra had no ball and still looked like scoring all the time[/quote:2v2cei1t] [quote="The Chief":2v2cei1t]What a knob Barrie MacKenzie is.[/quote:2v2cei1t] [quote="gutterfax":2v2cei1t]I like Bazza. He chose the name of a cross dressing Austalian institutions other persona.....and is your typical Aussie w@nker living in London whilst he tries to get some culture by visiting Prague to get pi55ed on Cheap Star, getting a fondle from a dodgy hooker in amsterdam and eating a snail for a bet when in paris. All of these things will make him a cultural icon when his visa runs out and he is sent the way of his great grandparents....alas, not in chains this time.[/quote:2v2cei1t] NEW COMPETITION COMING SOON!! YOU COULD BE THE NEXT BARRY McKENZIE!! WATCH THIS SPACE!! Barry McKenzie can be contacted at aussielegendbaz@gmail.com:45452.jpg

Quote: wiganermike "I can't remember anyone from Quins (or under any prior name) mentioning that the top league needs a London club. However this was the line fed to everyone by the people running the game when London Broncos were promoted despite finishing 5th in the second tier and about half a dozen clubs were relegated to form Super League. If they believe that then they are unlikely to demote Quins no matter how bad things get.

The attitude of the people running Quins is of minor interest to me now, investment is really what matters. Melbourne Storm is Australia have built their success on dollars from News Ltd. Sustained investment in expansion is a winning model, but whether it is achievable is another matter, and that's before the parochial tendency start wailling.

They have been funded for 30 years now and have spent half of that time at the elite level. If after 15 years at the top level and with the security of a three year safety net they are not seen as a good investment then they are not likely to be. There has to come a point where people say enough is enough and to stop holding back clubs that could advance better than Quins have simply due to geography (this is not the fault of Quins as a club but of those making the decisions). If a point is reached where Quins are the poorest option of the 14 due to a number of factors and the best of the rest are better equipped then Quins have to go down.

Statements like these are just daft, nobody is going to magic another London SL club out of their booty and not face the same problems, or even worse problems. It's about investment, that's all!'"

I know that an instant club is not an option and wasn't suggesting it. I just perhaps didn't make my point properly with a glib statement. Quins at SL level are not sustainable it seems as lack of interest and resources are driving them backwards. Skolars are doing poorly in a lower league but are at a more sustainable level. Quins should drop down to find a level where they can exist sustainably (you can't keep hoping for investment that may never come) and can continue to help development in the capital. As you say the fruits of such work take time and in the future once this has borne fruit a sustainable top level club in London may be possible though it may not be Quins.'"
]

Thanks for bringing my Glaucoma on with your multi coloured offering icon_cool.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7343
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10025.jpg
For contributions, remittances, payments, and all other matters of any responsibility, please refer to someone else. “The British people love a good hero and a good hate” Lord Northcliffe:10025.jpg

Quote: wiganermike "So Antipodeans living within the capital who are fans of RL and will watch RL but do not want to watch your club do not count as a potential market who need to be persuaded to come and watch Quins? You yourself keep stating that it has been tried and you are not keen to try again. That sounds like an attitude of - it's too hard lets not bother anymore. '"

They are one potential market; one we have tried repeatedly to attract, but many Aussie RL fans are just as parochial as their UK counterparts and lots of them have no interest in SL, let alone a poor SL team. We can target them till we’re blue in the face, but if it really was as easy as some people trot out we’d be awash with them by now, yet we’re not and we never have been.

Quote: wiganermike "Admittedly there is a problem if your team gets heavily beaten in such a game but surely it is up to the people setting up such a scheme to carefully choose the game(s) so as to avoid this circumstance. Alternatively as some people have suggested maybe Quins would benefit in the long run from a step down to the Championship where they would be better equipped to win more games and thus help to retain new support brought in on ticket deals. '"

The only games we’re likely to win are those against weaker sides and they’re not entertaining, we play boring RL, and have done for some time. Dropping down to the Championship would not be helpful because we almost certainly couldn’t sustain the things we are good at which are development related.
One of the great contradictions of anti-expansion positions (and I’m not saying yours is) is that whilst they’re against expansion, they complain about the problems RL faces as a result of a limited player pool and lack of national exposure (this also applies to those who claim they’re not against expansion but then place conditions on expansion that that make it practically impossible).

Quote: wiganermike "My own club Wigan have a deal for our game with Quins where each season ticket holder can get six tickets for £30 for friends to attend. With that kind of deal the season ticket holders get told and will promote the use of those tickets themselves so the cost of marketing that to the club must be lower than poster campaigns etc. '"

We have tried various deals along these lines, what impact they have is generally weakened by the offering on the pitch.

Quote: wiganermike "I can't remember anyone from Quins (or under any prior name) mentioning that the top league needs a London club. However this was the line fed to everyone by the people running the game when London Broncos were promoted despite finishing 5th in the second tier and about half a dozen clubs were relegated to form Super League. If they believe that then they are unlikely to demote Quins no matter how bad things get. '"

There was an obvious desire to get London represented, just as there is a desire to raise RL’s national profile, something that is necessary if RL is to be anything other than a marginal sport going backwards. But it may not even come down to relegation; I can’t see how the club can continue existing without investment.

Quote: wiganermike "They have been funded for 30 years now and have spent half of that time at the elite level. If after 15 years at the top level and with the security of a three year safety net they are not seen as a good investment then they are not likely to be. There has to come a point where people say enough is enough and to stop holding back clubs that could advance better than Quins have simply due to geography (this is not the fault of Quins as a club but of those making the decisions). If a point is reached where Quins are the poorest option of the 14 due to a number of factors and the best of the rest are better equipped then Quins have to go down.'"

Conspiracy nuts aside, Quins have never received any more funding than any other SL club despite the glaring difficulties of being an alien sport in one of the most expensive cities in the world. Melbourne are successful because they got the investment needed, we’ve never had anything comparable, now it’s probably true that the RFL/Sky are not prepared to make that kind of investment, but even if they were the parochial element would scream the house down. Think about the conspiracy nut fantasies that already exist about Quins and imagine what they’d be like if Sky/RFL actually did make a Melbourne Storm type investment?

Quote: wiganermike "I know that an instant club is not an option and wasn't suggesting it. I just perhaps didn't make my point properly with a glib statement. Quins at SL level are not sustainable it seems as lack of interest and resources are driving them backwards. Skolars are doing poorly in a lower league but are at a more sustainable level. Quins should drop down to find a level where they can exist sustainably (you can't keep hoping for investment that may never come) and can continue to help development in the capital. As you say the fruits of such work take time and in the future once this has borne fruit a sustainable top level club in London may be possible though it may not be Quins. '"

Quins sit at the centre of development in London I doubt that could be continued if Quins were to drop down, we’ve used 8 players in the first team this season who came through the development programme. Skolars also get the benefit of dual registration and former academy players. Besides I don’t realistically see how any other London SL club could emerge without the same funding that Quins RL currently lack.

j.c
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6858
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

22/03/2013 Get LEIGH outta wigan:

Quote: littlerich "I meant thriving in the sense of "culture". You know - mould. Don't tell me that Leigh doesn't fester like a cess-pit.'"

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman4799No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2021Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif
Freedom for supporters of the government, only for members of one party - however numerous they may be - is no freedom at all. freedom is always and exclusively for one who thinks differently. Rosa Luxemburg, 'Die russiche Revolution'.:Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif

In an interview with Sky's Vic Wakeling in the history of the first ten years of SL he said that a London club was a condition of the agreement although it isn't now - the inclusion of a French club wasn't (Sky subscription channels weren't officially available there) and neither was summer rugby although we'd have got less money. As far as the Crusaders are concerned, they are doing what Fulham did in their first season and so a comparison with Quins isn't really valid.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1072
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022Jan 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Kelvin's Ferret "
The only games we’re likely to win are those against weaker sides and they’re not entertaining, we play boring RL, and have done for some time. Dropping down to the Championship would not be helpful because we almost certainly couldn’t sustain the things we are good at which are development related.

If you can only beat the weaker teams then maybe dropping down would help. Like in any sport a team that is up against much stronger opposition will need to adopt a safety first approach and often a backs to the wall defensive effort in order to avoid (or attempt to avoid) being heavily beaten. In a competition where this has to happen more often than not then training will focus on this and play will shift to use those methods even when not wholly necessary. This means a boring style prevails as they try to punch above their weight. Being at a lower level would allow Quins to dominate rather than be dominated and could allow for the use of more expansive play. Talk of expansion in recent years has focused all too readily on the Super League and gaining exposure. However now the Championship is also getting live coverage from the same broadcaster so not being in SL does not mean not getting exposure. Keighley, Batley and Dewsbury off the top if my head are all live on TV in the next few weeks. If dropping down allows the club to survive and does not exclude them from being on TV it is surely acceptable. Being in the second tier does not mean that young kids will not be able to play at junior level so devlopment can still occur.

There was an obvious desire to get London represented, just as there is a desire to raise RL’s national profile, something that is necessary if RL is to be anything other than a marginal sport going backwards. But it may not even come down to relegation; I can’t see how the club can continue existing without investment.

If it is a choice between stepping down a level and being able to sustain some presence or of vainly trying to keep going at a level you can't afford to compete at and then disappearing altogether and undoing the good work your existence has brought about, then surely the club would take the first option?

Conspiracy nuts aside, Quins have never received any more funding than any other SL club despite the glaring difficulties of being an alien sport in one of the most expensive cities in the world. Melbourne are successful because they got the investment needed, we’ve never had anything comparable, now it’s probably true that the RFL/Sky are not prepared to make that kind of investment, but even if they were the parochial element would scream the house down. Think about the conspiracy nut fantasies that already exist about Quins and imagine what they’d be like if Sky/RFL actually did make a Melbourne Storm type investment?

By having been funded I was meaning from owners such as Virgin Group, Ian Lenegan etc not the RFL or SKY. Most if not all clubs have been bailed out or given funding by the RFL during the sport's history so in that respect they are all in the same boat. If no potential owner sees you as a good option after 15 years in SL then why should you continue to drag along at the wrong end of the table in the vain hope that someone suddenly will. All clubs get money from the tv rights etc. If your club (or any other) is barring entry to a club that could make a better go of a licence then they should go down and allow that club to use that money.

Quins sit at the centre of development in London I doubt that could be continued if Quins were to drop down, we’ve used 8 players in the first team this season who came through the development programme. Skolars also get the benefit of dual registration and former academy players. Besides I don’t realistically see how any other London SL club could emerge without the same funding that Quins RL currently lack.'"

As I said already being in the second tier still allows for exposure on TV and doesn't mean that development has to stop. Clubs in the Championship can still produce young players, Widnes are a prime example. Although dual registration would not apply there is nothing to stop young players being loaned to Skolars, the only real difference would be that you couldn't recall them in the first month (a teenager's salary should not affect the cap too much at that level). Although there is no real chance of another London club emerging now that is not what I was saying. With a sustainable Skolars and a sustainable Quins (at a lower level than SL) the presence could be maintained for long enough for the young kids now playing in London to start playing for those clubs. With such a strong foundation in place then in another 10, 15, 20 years there may be the right things in place for a London club in SL whether that be Quins stepping up or a new club coming through with either one having access to the funds needed and backed by someone who has seen and wants to build on what has been achieved by then.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach778No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2011May 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp098.gif
2011 IS GOING TO BE OUR YEAR!!:simpsons/simp098.gif

If Quins do go then the rah rah's will laugh their socks off. The majority of Union fans at Quins are decent people its the sorry shower across the road that hold sway locally the club has to beat.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12958No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2011Jul 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: littlerich "I wouldn't be so sure. And as for Wrexham - let's not pop the champers just yet. It's a new fad at the moment and as great as it is let's not proclaim it as a success to loudly yet lest we look complete twonks - at least lets have a season to evaluate. If they're averaging 7-8 thou come September then bloody great but three home games out of 12 is it? Let the magic sink in first before marching onto Plymouth and Windsor.'"

6000 last night with no away fans

thats brilliant

the soccer fans have taken to them like a duck to water

its what we need in london

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12958No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2011Jul 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Starbug "

fulham did it.

if you dont know about fulham, just google it

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12958No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2011Jul 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

fulham being promoted into premier league was the problem

then they didnt need a RL team

a soccer team with little prospect of promotion is the ideal one

one whose fans will jump on board like wrexham have

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach778No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2011May 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp098.gif
2011 IS GOING TO BE OUR YEAR!!:simpsons/simp098.gif

I would offer every London Football club season ticket supporter the opportunity of a season ticket at a silly price. May or may not work but the press in London would give it publicity.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4389No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Dec 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45452.jpg
[i:2v2cei1t]'You put your Wendell in, You take your Brownie out, You put your Bennett in, And you make it to the 8, You do the Oki Chokie, And you get knocked out, Thats what St George are about' [/i:2v2cei1t] [quote="dally messenger":2v2cei1t]parra had no ball and still looked like scoring all the time[/quote:2v2cei1t] [quote="The Chief":2v2cei1t]What a knob Barrie MacKenzie is.[/quote:2v2cei1t] [quote="gutterfax":2v2cei1t]I like Bazza. He chose the name of a cross dressing Austalian institutions other persona.....and is your typical Aussie w@nker living in London whilst he tries to get some culture by visiting Prague to get pi55ed on Cheap Star, getting a fondle from a dodgy hooker in amsterdam and eating a snail for a bet when in paris. All of these things will make him a cultural icon when his visa runs out and he is sent the way of his great grandparents....alas, not in chains this time.[/quote:2v2cei1t] NEW COMPETITION COMING SOON!! YOU COULD BE THE NEXT BARRY McKENZIE!! WATCH THIS SPACE!! Barry McKenzie can be contacted at aussielegendbaz@gmail.com:45452.jpg

Quote: windy one 2010 "I would offer every London Football club season ticket supporter the opportunity of a season ticket at a silly price. '"

And kill your club off completely?

Once your average Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea soccer fan has been to watch Harlequins once do you HONESTLY think they will come back?

Maybe if you were selling out the ground every week and actually winning a game now and then .. MAYBE, just MAYBE you might entice some soccer fans along.

Maybe if there was some atmosphere at the ground... maybe.

Harlequins RL's life support machine is getting closer and closer to being switched off every time they play a game down 'The Moon'

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2912No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Jan 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
25057_1281800333.jpeg
www.hullrockers.co.uk:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_25057.jpeg

Quote: dally messenger "fulham being promoted into premier league was the problem

then they didnt need a RL team

a soccer team with little prospect of promotion is the ideal one

one whose fans will jump on board like wrexham have'"

I think your singling out football fans ignores the proximity of the RL heartland to Wrexham. I think that is very significant to the initial success of the Crusaders.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6268No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Jul 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It is, but its not quite as close as you think.
From Warrington (closest SL club) I can get to Huddersfield in yorkshire almost as fast as Wrexham, yes its a nice easy drive but it's certainly expansion.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1448No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2010Dec 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

icon_smile.gif They are improving a lot, last two games have been much closer, they will start winning a few games as the crocks get back into the team.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4389No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Dec 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45452.jpg

Quote: spooneryork "

oh dear........

icon_biggrin.gif

185 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
185 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.75:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
Cbr1000rr
5m
Recruitment rumours and links
Kevin Turvey
18m
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
faxcar
21m
Film game
karetaker
24m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Jack Burton
32m
TV Games - Not Hull
mwindass
41m
Play-off semi-final
FIL
45m
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
matt_wire
46m
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
60m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Jack Burton
52s
Rumours thread
PopTart
58s
TV Games - Not Hull
mwindass
1m
Sam Burgess
Captain Hook
1m
Questions for Ste Mills
JamieRobinso
1m
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
1m
Squad for HKR
MorePlaymake
2m
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
3m
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
3m
2025 membership/renewals
The Dentist
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Questions for Ste Mills
JamieRobinso
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
matt_wire
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
faxcar
TODAY
Sam Burgess
Captain Hook
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
just_browny
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Hudd-Shay
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Vancouver Le
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Squad for HKR
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Bully_Boxer
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
FIL
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Howfenwire
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 3,105 80,13114,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
       Championship 2024-R29
 FT 
York
27-10
Widnes
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 5th Oct
CH
LIVE
York27-10Widnes
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22