FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Virtual Terrace > The Key to Success is...
263 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: rollin thunder "

Bradford have not been in the top flight for some time and are still playing the game and junior rugby is still vibrant in Bradford, as well as Widnes Rochdale Oldam cumbria, you argument that if clubs are not in super league the player pool will dry up is flawed.

'"

Junior Rugby is not vibrant in Bradford at all. what there is of it is mainly in south Bradford. It's laughable you think Junior rugby is vibrant in Cumbria. The Cumbria JARL has to double up age groups to manage to make leagues and they are tiny. The numbers of Cumrian players making professional is at an all time low and the lads still playing pro are on the fringes. Junior Rugby league in Rochdale is vibrant? really?? It just isn't. Name me the Rochdale born RL stars - go back as long as you like.

As for Widnes do you remember when they churned out Tony Myler, Andy Currier, Keith Elwell, Richie Eyres, Steve and Mike O'Neil, stuart spruce, Paul and David hulme etc etc etc. Halton Hornets and Widnes Tigers were tremendous providers of international talent. You name me the talent coming out of Widnes nowadays .....over to you......

You don't have any idea how junior and amateur RL is struggling do you? The very fact the last SKY contract provided the funds to open development foundations at SL clubs was BECAUSE PARTICIPATION IN JUNIOR RL WAS FALLING. We have to bring in dozens off overseas players to keep SL standards up. We have to produce more players because the best are draining to the NRL as well. I don't think I've ever had to reply to a post that is so absolutely wrong as yours truly is.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wrencat1873 "

IF Sky are so bloody interested in the new world order and I'm not convinced, why didn't we and they, expand to 14 clubs and include Toronto and Toulouse at the last shake up.

'"

Because overseas clubs do not sell SKY subscriptions, SKY get no income from abroad.

Yet Lockwood "suspects" SKY wants Superleague to "[iBecome a major and expanding player on the worlds sports stage"[/i

He says "[iIt was nice to see Ricky Wilby with a beaming smile on his face...he seemed content the RFL were satisfied....... over any lingering questions about New York[/i

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member749No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3122.jpg
:3122.jpg

Quote: Donnyman "Junior Rugby is not vibrant in Bradford at all. what there is of it is mainly in south Bradford. It's laughable you think Junior rugby is vibrant in Cumbria. The Cumbria JARL has to double up age groups to manage to make leagues and they are tiny. The numbers of Cumrian players making professional is at an all time low and the lads still playing pro are on the fringes. Junior Rugby league in Rochdale is vibrant? really?? It just isn't. Name me the Rochdale born RL stars - go back as long as you like.

As for Widnes do you remember when they churned out Tony Myler, Andy Currier, Keith Elwell, Richie Eyres, Steve and Mike O'Neil, stuart spruce, Paul and David hulme etc etc etc. Halton Hornets and Widnes Tigers were tremendous providers of international talent. You name me the talent coming out of Widnes nowadays .....over to you......

You don't have any idea how junior and amateur RL is struggling do you? The very fact the last SKY contract provided the funds to open development foundations at SL clubs was BECAUSE PARTICIPATION IN JUNIOR RL WAS FALLING. We have to bring in dozens off overseas players to keep SL standards up. We have to produce more players because the best are draining to the NRL as well. I don't think I've ever had to reply to a post that is so absolutely wrong as yours truly is.'"

Donnyman, so by your own account junior particupation in rugby league was falling even at the time of the last tv contract, is that correct? I assume you don't therefore advocate carrying on as normal and hoping things change and you have made your views on Toronto and expansion clear over and over again. So instead of telling anyone who posts on here why they shouldn't support expansion why don't you tell us what the sport should be doing instead? Wouldn't this be a more productive, and more positive, use of this thread? Just a thought.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: notorious "Donnyman, so by your own account junior particupation in rugby league was falling even at the time of the last tv contract, is that correct? I assume you don't therefore advocate carrying on as normal and hoping things change and you have made your views on Toronto and expansion clear over and over again. So instead of telling anyone who posts on here why they shouldn't support expansion why don't you tell us what the sport should be doing instead? Wouldn't this be a more productive, and more positive, use of this thread? Just a thought.'"

Participation in soccer has fallen as there's so much more to do nowadays for kids, participation in both codes of Rugby has fallen heavily even more. That's not my account, but it is borne out of reality. For our game it was Steve Gill the ex-CEO at Castleford who did an major "get real" article to point this out. I'm close enough to Cas and old enough to remember the home grown talent they produced and how good they were, again not my "opinion". In those days clubs didn't put six to seven Antipodeans in their teams to shore them up.

The problem with this debate is your point [i"You tell us what the sport should be doing instead"[/i. Why do you think there is some sort of alternative plan the game can adopt that can suddenly make loads of talented kids turn to Rugby League? You tell me that?? What the sport has ALREADY done instead is dip into the pool of surplus NRL players and allowed around six per club (with rules that allow more), and shored up junior development by channelling £3,600,000 of the SKY money to clubs to pay for Development officers.

Why do you ask me to set out a plan? ......... Why can't you grasp the game had already sorted out a fully funded strategy of bringing in Antipodeans and local development officers?

Isn't this the problem with this "players" debate that many joining in think the game should find a solution/plan oblivious to the fact that it already has done that big time. They have done that big time with not very good results as you cannot press gang kids, yet we still get posts about how vibrant junior ARL is. It simply isn't. Kids don't want to play RL or RU much that's freedom of choice so how can we go against that? You tell me.

Which then leads me onto The "expansion" issue. OK people on here, and people in the RL press, even those at the top crave expansion. Do you know what this means? Again don't listen to me listen to Nigel Wood, Eric Perez, Ian Lenegan etc. Expansion of the professional game means more quality players and more TV money and those were the reasons for Catalans and now TWP joining in the game. The hope was France would develop lots of pro-quality RL players and North America would do that. But they are not doing that, there is no system or intention for one in North America.....There is no real system in France since they closed their academy. There is no TV money either from these places.

Over to you - ]do you think Les Cats and TWP expand the game beyond just travelling distances??]

So why don't you give me your thoughts and plans - why don't YOU be more "PRODUCTIVE" and "POSITIVE"? Too many posters think there is a magic solution, and the nature of these websites is under anonimity people can say any old rubbish, or like some just totally ignore reality and keep building a World league from Toronto to Belgrade and London to Perth in their heads.

For me this business of English RL is in a state of managed decline, and nobody knows what to do even RL rag editors, so they just stick their heads in the sand and garble on about expansion, expansion , expansion.......We are like it or not in a state of managed decline, and Lenegan and company are doing just that, and didn't need the TWP dream to deal us the blow of knocking London out of SL.

So Mr Expansion you tell me what will happen when New York replace Wakefield, and Toulouse replace Castleford and Ottawa replace HKR?? Will that "expand" the game in your eyes????

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member749No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3122.jpg
:3122.jpg

Quote: Donnyman "Participation in soccer has fallen as there's so much more to do nowadays for kids, participation in both codes of Rugby has fallen heavily even more. That's not my account, but it is borne out of reality. For our game it was Steve Gill the ex-CEO at Castleford who did an major "get real" article to point this out. I'm close enough to Cas and old enough to remember the home grown talent they produced and how good they were, again not my "opinion". In those days clubs didn't put six to seven Antipodeans in their teams to shore them up.

The problem with this debate is your point [i"You tell us what the sport should be doing instead"[/i. Why do you think there is some sort of alternative plan the game can adopt that can suddenly make loads of talented kids turn to Rugby League? You tell me that?? What the sport has ALREADY done instead is dip into the pool of surplus NRL players and allowed around six per club (with rules that allow more), and shored up junior development by channelling £3,600,000 of the SKY money to clubs to pay for Development officers.

Why do you ask me to set out a plan? ......... Why can't you grasp the game had already sorted out a fully funded strategy of bringing in Antipodeans and local development officers?

Isn't this the problem with this "players" debate that many joining in think the game should find a solution/plan oblivious to the fact that it already has done that big time. They have done that big time with not very good results as you cannot press gang kids, yet we still get posts about how vibrant junior ARL is. It simply isn't. Kids don't want to play RL or RU much that's freedom of choice so how can we go against that? You tell me.

Which then leads me onto The "expansion" issue. OK people on here, and people in the RL press, even those at the top crave expansion. Do you know what this means? Again don't listen to me listen to Nigel Wood, Eric Perez, Ian Lenegan etc. Expansion of the professional game means more quality players and more TV money and those were the reasons for Catalans and now TWP joining in the game. The hope was France would develop lots of pro-quality RL players and North America would do that. But they are not doing that, there is no system or intention for one in North America.....There is no real system in France since they closed their academy. There is no TV money either from these places.

Over to you - ]do you think Les Cats and TWP expand the game beyond just travelling distances??]

So why don't you give me your thoughts and plans - why don't YOU be more "PRODUCTIVE" and "POSITIVE"? Too many posters think there is a magic solution, and the nature of these websites is under anonimity people can say any old rubbish, or like some just totally ignore reality and keep building a World league from Toronto to Belgrade and London to Perth in their heads.

For me this business of English RL is in a state of managed decline, and nobody knows what to do even RL rag editors, so they just stick their heads in the sand and garble on about expansion, expansion , expansion.......We are like it or not in a state of managed decline, and Lenegan and company are doing just that, and didn't need the TWP dream to deal us the blow of knocking London out of SL.

So Mr Expansion you tell me what will happen when New York replace Wakefield, and Toulouse replace Castleford and Ottawa replace HKR?? Will that "expand" the game in your eyes????'"

That started off well then quickly slid back into you usual anti expansion tirade. You have made your point. We get it.

I'm not 'Mr Expansion' - i'm pretty open minded but i'm not going to be won over with repeat quotes from (understandably) self serving club bosses and one sided arguments. I like a proper debate.

I'd like to discuss the role of Toronto/New York/expansion/etc might have in attracting yound kids to take up the sport in this country. In this social media age kids have different motivations and interests than when we were griowing up and fell in love with the sport. I say I'd like to discuss it but I fear you'll probably just quote that poll of Hull fans at me again so i'll sit this one out.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: notorious "

You have made your point. We get it. I'm pretty open minded but i'm not going to be won over with repeat quotes. I like a proper debate.

I'd like to discuss the role of Toronto/New York/expansion/etc might have in attracting yound kids to take up the sport in this country. In this social media age kids have different motivations and interests than when we were growing up and fell in love with the sport. I'd like to discuss it but I fear you'll.............

I'll sit this one out.'"

Who is "we"? Who are the other people you appear to speak for??? If it's "expansionists" then can I claim I speak for the apparent 80% of fans who are realists, a majority on the crowded terraces, and a minority on sites like this? Why do you think quotes have to be repeated? It's because if you don't like what the people who run the game say you just blank it out.

Toronto Wolfpack have been the darlings of social media for four years now and I haven't seen any kids wanting to be RL players because a load of ex-Leigh lads pretend to be a Canadian RL team. What on earth is attractive about that to young kids? Yes please DO sit this out as i don't want to be debating how TWP's apparent "Glamour" is wowing youth the world over, "One day dad I want to be Sonny Bill Williams".

It's always telling in any "debate" when one party starts to attack the other because they can't attack the debate. Anyway maybe you are right, kids across France will be wanting to follow in the footsteps of that great role model Israel Folau............

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

So, if you reduce the number of UK clubs in the top flight, do you believe that participation numbers in the UK will rise or fall. The main issue here is that some appear willing to gamble that RL will grow in the long term if we fully immerse ourselves in the N. American experiment.

It's still mind boggling that we should replace half of the current league with untried and untested clubs that may or may not prosper.

Also, last time I looked, Bradford, despite being a fallen giant, still had aspirations of getting back to the top. However, if we replace half of the current league with overseas clubs, it will be blindingly obvious to many clubs that they will never return, which is a game changer. Also, IF Sky are so bloody interested in the new world order and I'm not convinced, why didn't we and they, expand to 14 clubs and include Toronto and Toulouse at the last shake up.

There is only one reason - either Sky of SL (or both) weren't confident that this would help them, either in terms of generating revenue or due to logistics. The opportunity was there and "we" chose to ignore it ??'"

An absolute pleasure to agree 100% with you.

Never in the games history have we put so much into junior player development with SKY paying £Millions for SL clubs to run development foundations, and academies. All English clubs are geared up to player development to the highest level they can manage and now run reserves. This is very important for without the players coming through - like those young lads playing for Wigan and Saints this last two nights, there would be no game. To do this clubs need the money and they need the staff, and they above all need the interest from their local population to want to follow RL and the kids become pro players one day. So it's only the English Superleague clubs that underpin any development.

France don't do it America don't do it. yet they are lauded to high heaven on websites. I did a bit of a study on player development here and it turns out even we can't manage to stock our SL clubs without having to buy in from abroad. The average number of antipodeans in Superleague first team squads is 6 - 7. We clearly don't produce enough talent hence the league dropped from 14 to 12 and may drop to 10. How is there any room at all for any overseas clubs to play in Superleague but not contribute to player development, and of course worse than that, shut development down in towns that DO produce players in the here and now.

I'm right behind Lenegan, McManus, Pearson, Hudgell and Wrencat. 2022 has to be "Back to reality".............

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Donnyman "An absolute pleasure to agree 100% with you.

Never in the games history have we put so much into junior player development with SKY paying £Millions for SL clubs to run development foundations, and academies. All English clubs are geared up to player development to the highest level they can manage and now run reserves. This is very important for without the players coming through - like those young lads playing for Wigan and Saints this last two nights, there would be no game. To do this clubs need the money and they need the staff, and they above all need the interest from their local population to want to follow RL and the kids become pro players one day. So it's only the English Superleague clubs that underpin any development.

France don't do it America don't do it. yet they are lauded to high heaven on websites. I did a bit of a study on player development here and it turns out even we can't manage to stock our SL clubs without having to buy in from abroad. The average number of antipodeans in Superleague first team squads is 6 - 7. We clearly don't produce enough talent hence the league dropped from 14 to 12 and may drop to 10. How is there any room at all for any overseas clubs to play in Superleague but not contribute to player development, and of course worse than that, shut development down in towns that DO produce players in the here and now.

I'm right behind Lenegan, McManus, Pearson, Hudgell and Wrencat. 2022 has to be "Back to reality".............'"

Reality and the 1960 pit villages are not the same. i applaud your tenacity, but you grasp on reality is a bit loose.

Bradford, Keighley, Doncaster, Widnes, you epitomise the xenophobe that holidays in Spain. I am glad our country has grown up.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: IR80 " you epitomise the xenophobe..........'"

And here we go again, you don't have any sensible argument for closing down the game here that gets TV deals and develops players, in favour of fantasy clubs so instead of demolishing the argument you try to demolish the person making it. Pretty ignorant cowardly and nasty way of doing things.

If TWP win today you will be trumpeting the future of the game lies in America. Despite the fact the winning club would be many $Millions in debt fast rising, would never be able to develop any pro players, and would surpress the presence of English clubs that have a 124 year record of success whilst Canada have failed as regards Rugby League for the last 90 odd years since the game was first introduced there.

You epitomise a dreaming troll.

What's your final vision for the game? Catalans Valencia, Belgrade, Ottawa, New York, Toulouse, Avignon, TWP, Vancouver, Boston, Leeds and Wigan.....Go on - tell me how that works? icon_wink.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Donnyman "And here we go again, you don't have any sensible argument for closing down the game here that gets TV deals and develops players, in favour of fantasy clubs so instead of demolishing the argument you try to demolish the person making it. Pretty ignorant cowardly and nasty way of doing things.

If TWP win today you will be trumpeting the future of the game lies in America. Despite the fact the winning club would be many $Millions in debt fast rising, would never be able to develop any pro players, and would surpress the presence of English clubs that have a 124 year record of success whilst Canada have failed as regards Rugby League for the last 90 odd years since the game was first introduced there.[code][/code]

You epitomise a dreaming troll.

What's your final vision for the gamee? Catalans Valencia, Belgrade, Ottawa, New York, Toulouse, Avignon, TWP, Vancouver, Boston, Leeds and Wigan.....Go on - tell me how that works? I have said, many times, that I don't like how TWP has come about and seek to change the rules, expansion, MANAGED, PLANNED and REALISTIC expansion would work, a lot more than ploughing resources into Widnes, Keighley etc.

In reality FC and KR should merge, we wont, not because of what is right, but because of history. Ckinging on to history is what holds RL back.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

If you reduce the number of UK clubs in the top flight, do you believe that participation numbers in the UK will rise or fall. The main issue here is that some appear willing to gamble that RL will grow in the long term if we fully immerse ourselves in the N. American experiment.

'"

The only people "willing to gamble" are people dreaming and trolling on these internet sites - see above. Sure the editors of the RL press will keep on making noises about how we are missing opportunities in North America but despite the depth of knowledge of the game and some sort of proven business acumen they steer well clear of ever analysing for us how shutting down Cas, Wakey, Fartown, HKR, as pro clubs in favour of Ottawa Toulouse New York and Avignon, just as a start - as IR80 supports - will work.

Not that it can work.Superleague belongs to dreamers icon_lol.gif like Lenegan, McManus, Moran, Hudgell, Pearson, Davey, Carter Fulton etc. 2021 sees the end of the commitment that allowed TWP in.

Then the BIG DECISION will have to be made. Do we move the whole thing to North America?? icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: IR80 "

Clinging on to history is what holds RL back.

'"

More trolling.

History shaped the game as it is, a northern version of Rugby which has worked for 124 years and today is a professional game with professional players developed in the north, a solid and loyal fanbase, and the respect of sports TV with a sizeable TV deal, and northern businessmen who invest heavily.

Lets shut it down and move everyone to North America. Where will you be moving to to follow this?? icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain510No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20205 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Donnyman "Who is "we"? Who are the other people you appear to speak for??? If it's "expansionists" then can I claim I speak for the apparent 80% of fans who are realists, a majority on the crowded terraces, and a minority on sites like this? Why do you think quotes have to be repeated? It's because if you don't like what the people who run the game say you just blank it out.

Toronto Wolfpack have been the darlings of social media for four years now and I haven't seen any kids wanting to be RL players because a load of ex-Leigh lads pretend to be a Canadian RL team. What on earth is attractive about that to young kids? Yes please DO sit this out as i don't want to be debating how TWP's apparent "Glamour" is wowing youth the world over, "One day dad I want to be Sonny Bill Williams".

It's always telling in any "debate" when one party starts to attack the other because they can't attack the debate. Anyway maybe you are right, kids across France will be wanting to follow in the footsteps of that great role model Israel Folau............'"

I don't understand why you believe that the 80% of people who voted in the Hull poll now represent 80% of ALL Rl fans across England? That's a fair stretch.

Another genuine question. Has the Widnes academy closed since their relegation, and if not, what makes you believe that other academies of Super league clubs would close if they were relegated?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain510No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20205 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Donnyman "The HKR comment came from Neil Hudgell not me? It's in the RL press. Please stop making things up about me -just stick to the debate. If you have an "open mind" then you need to discuss with me how the progressive introduction of North American and French clubs into Superleague leading to the relegation of English Superleague clubs has "positives"??

1. Every English Superleague club gone for an overseas club is one less development foundation and academy meaning less players.
2. Once four overseas clubs are in Superleague SKY's nine club rule is broken and the TV deal is gone.

Where are the positives. Danny Lockwood apparently sees them. He says "[iDo (the SL bosses) want SL to be considered a major and expanding player on the world stage, or are they happy hankering down in heir M62 echo chamber[/i?". Of course Mr. Lockwood can write what he wants it's his paper, it's just that he never explains how his vision would work. He does tell us this week that SKY don't want an M62 league and would prefer a world vision which is news to me as Lenegan says they must have at least 9 M62 clubs.

But it's OK Lockwood and Sadler championing a Transatlantic league, and even more OK if SKY really did want that and we went for that.

But the problem then is when the Rugby league loving money men walk away from Wigan, Warrington, Hull, Hull.K.R. Saints, Fartown, Castleford and Wakefield, and the foundations and academies collapse, how on earth do we get the investment then? Does Lockwood think SKY will back a Transatlantic deal and treble our money for it?? Or is he just dreaming out loud?'"

The problem with super league is that the Chairmen have to much power which leads to self interest and watching ones back therefore the stagnation of super league. Thankfully smart minds prevailed and Toronto got the green light which was a decision for the good of the entire game. They could see the negatives but also the positives.

Why don't we focus on the positives that most people see?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Silent H "I don't understand why you believe that the 80% of people who voted in the Hull poll now represent 80% of ALL Rl fans across England? That's a fair stretch.

Another genuine question. Has the Widnes academy closed since their relegation, and if not, what makes you believe that other academies of Super league clubs would close if they were relegated?'"

Are you trolling here? Or is your head so much in the expansion clouds that you think at the other end of the M62 80% of St. Helens fans want a Transatlantic league? That's a 3.000 mile stretch!! icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Do you think St, Helens fans who watched the games at Leeds yesterday would prefer to play TWP and not get to play say Hull? Didn't you watch these games and thereby note the stark contrast between the phoney club and Hull, Leeds and Cas? Especially the number and the enthusiasm of the fans - are you blind and deaf? Or just trolling??

As for Bradford, Widnes and Newcastle running academies, they are doing this to qualify for Superleage 2022 when the SL chairmen and not the RFL will negotiate the English deal with the English broadcaster SKY who want a English league to attract English Subscribers, and English academies to produce the players. Are you naive? Do you think English clubs are now using their academies to provide North American clubs with players?

Your dreaming or trolling - whichever it is, is a very bad case and you need help.

263 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
263 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.35546875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Seth Nikotemo
Trojan Horse
Recent
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
BP1
48s
Planning for next season
Jack Gaskell
1m
Seth Nikotemo
Trojan Horse
1m
Proposed rule changes 2025
tad rhino
1m
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
2m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Exeter Rhino
2m
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
2m
Former players
Jemmo
3m
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
moxi1
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Best Semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Leyther in n
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
tad rhino
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Armavinit
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
moxi1
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 2,381 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22