FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Virtual Terrace > Cas & Wakey Groundshare?
203 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "It isn’t though is it.

Lets be honest, it might have sufficed some criteria from the RFL but that really isn’t the point. You know as well as I do that the over-riding reason Wakefield need to move isn’t because the RFL like shiny things, its not because new stadiums look better on TV or any other of the nonsense people spout about stadiums. Its because people are actively put off by Belle Vue, it is a poor stadium, it has poor facilities, it isn’t in the most salubrious part of the world and it makes it difficult for Wakefield to attract what they need to attract. The roof they have put on might have been a hoop they had to jump through, but it isn’t going to attract the people who were put off before.

Also I don’t see why Wakefield fans, of all people, would be trying to defend the way Teddy run the club. In the short time AG has had the club he has taken some good steps and set the club up so much better, and the results have been so much better it just goes to show how ‘tinpot’ his leadership of the club was.

One step at a time eh
Yes it is - it's several steps up from what the club were ordered to do and, together will all the other improvements made to BV since Mr Glover took over (that you clearly don't know about) it's proved to be sufficiently attractive to contribute to a 30% increase in attendances for the 2012 season. Not a bad result.

I expect that if/when we do move to Newmarket, Mr Glover would happily flog it to Mr Hetherington at mates rates - it would go well in the away end at Headingley.

I'm not sure what you're referring to in respect of the previous regime; I'm not and never have defended it - it was shambolic.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36086
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: bren2k "Yes it is - it's several steps up from what the club were ordered to do and, together will all the other improvements made to BV since Mr Glover took over (that you clearly don't know about) it's proved to be sufficiently attractive to contribute to a 30% increase in attendances for the 2012 season. Not a bad result.

I expect that if/when we do move to Newmarket, Mr Glover would happily flog it to Mr Hetherington at mates rates - it would go well in the away end at Headingley.

I'm not sure what you're referring to in respect of the previous regime; I'm not and never have defended it - it was shambolic.'"

No it wasn't especially shambolic it lasted 17 years most of which were stunningly average icon_wink.gif but hey we'll beg to differ - Oldham, Crusaders, Gateshead, Huddersfield/Sheffield Eagle Giants, Nomadic London and Paris SG now that's shambolic. Don't tell Smokey he doesn't know eusa_shhh.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: bren2k "Yes it is - it's several steps up from what the club were ordered to do and, together will all the other improvements made to BV since Mr Glover took over (that you clearly don't know about) it's proved to be sufficiently attractive to contribute to a 30% increase in attendances for the 2012 season. Not a bad result.'"
in RL we are dealing with some pretty small absolutes, 30% whilst a good rise (and i dont think you would put all that down to the new roof, there are plenty of other things, not least with the marketing of the club which has improved massively, and regarding the other stuff done to belle vue, dont forget you are talking about something said 9 months ago) it isnt what Wakefield need. Its a good start, I think Messrs Glover and Elston have had probably as good a start as they could reasonably expect, but they arent close to where they need to be, never mind where they could be.
Quote: bren2k "I expect that if/when we do move to Newmarket, Mr Glover would happily flog it to Mr Hetherington at mates rates - it would go well in the away end at Headingley. '"
Im sure Mr Caddick has more than enough steel laying around, its Leeds City Council who are the problem sadly. Esso might be interested though You should turn your hand to working with farmers, they should have some use for your strawmen.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12491
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2358_1651040874.jpg
Wakefield TRINITY:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2358.jpg

Quote: vastman "OMG he gave you a get out - how thick are you?'"

Can I recommend the ignore poster button Vasty. I shall certainly be using it icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "in RL we are dealing with some pretty small absolutes, 30% whilst a good rise (and i dont think you would put all that down to the new roof, there are plenty of other things, not least with the marketing of the club which has improved massively, and regarding the other stuff done to belle vue, dont forget you are talking about something said 9 months ago) it isnt what Wakefield need. Its a good start, I think Messrs Glover and Elston have had probably as good a start as they could reasonably expect, but they arent close to where they need to be, never mind where they could be.
Im sure Mr Caddick has more than enough steel laying around, its Leeds City Council who are the problem sadly. Esso might be interested though
Yes, that's why I said it had 'contributed' - all of the other things you described have also contributed. At the end of the day we're talking about a covered stand - by no means an architectural tour de force, but no worse than many other in countless other stadia across the land. It keeps the rain off your head and creates a bit of noise - what were you expecting?

I'm not sure why you feel the need to point out that after one year in charge, the new regime hasn't got the club to where it needs to be; I would've thought that was patently obvious, not least to Mr Glover. As things are, he's doing a good job in difficult circumstances and has moved the club on significantly from where it was when he found it. Not a bad years work, all things considered - I'm sure that like me, you're hoping that the upward trend continues in 2013?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: bren2k "Yes, that's why I said it had 'contributed' - all of the other things you described have also contributed. At the end of the day we're talking about a covered stand - by no means an architectural tour de force, but no worse than many other in countless other stadia across the land. It keeps the rain off your head and creates a bit of noise - what were you expecting?'"
The stadium as a whole is the worst i have been to and possibly the worst in top level sport. I wasnt expecting anything else from roof. It is what it is, pretty much a sticking plaster on a broken leg. Which was my point (9 months ago) that all it is a roof and its a long way from addressing the fact belle vue isnt good enough. Its not good enough for Super League and its not good enough for WTW

Quote: bren2k "I'm not sure why you feel the need to point out that after one year in charge, the new regime hasn't got the club to where it needs to be; I would've thought that was patently obvious, not least to Mr Glover. As things are, he's doing a good job in difficult circumstances and has moved the club on significantly from where it was when he found it. Not a bad years work, all things considered - I'm sure that like me, you're hoping that the upward trend continues in 2013?'"
It was in the context of the previous (9month old) comment. It was, by way of explanation, for those who somehow struggled with it, why it isnt contradictory to say Wakefield were rubbish, have made some pleasing progress, in some ways still are a bit rubbish, but could be something much much more.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36086
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "The stadium as a whole is the worst i have been to and possibly the worst in top level sport. I wasnt expecting anything else from roof. It is what it is, pretty much a sticking plaster on a broken leg. Which was my point (9 months ago) that all it is a roof and its a long way from addressing the fact belle vue isnt good enough. Its not good enough for Super League and its not good enough for WTW

It was in the context of the previous (9month old) comment. It was, by way of explanation, for those who somehow struggled with it, why it isnt contradictory to say Wakefield were rubbish, have made some pleasing progress, in some ways still are a bit rubbish, but could be something much much more.'"

For the love of god shut up - you've made your point such as it is eusa_shhh.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36086
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg

Quote: Wildthing "Can I recommend the ignore poster button Vasty. I shall certainly be using it
I tried. icon_frustrated.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: vastman "I tried. It doesnt surprise anyone you couldnt do something so simple.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: vastman "For the love of god shut up - you've made your point such as it is You seem to have confused me with someone who would listen a chippy moron, another mistake you have made! I do like your hissy fits though.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36086
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "You seem to have confused me with someone who would listen a chippy moron, another mistake you have made! I do like your hissy fits though.'"

Not a hissy fit, you're just so epically boring. Oh and it's "[sizeto[/size a chippy moron" - moron.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: vastman "Not a hissy fit, you're just so epically boring. Oh and it's "[sizeto[/size a chippy moron" - moron.'"

icon_lol.gif

When you are going to pick someone up on their spelling or grammer, or if they have made a typo, it would be best if you managed to start with the correct word, otherwise you would end up looking quite silly icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20848
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

You seem very bothered about Wakefield Smokey? Have we upset you in some way or have you had a bad experience at Belle Vue?

Nothing you are saying is news to us. We know we have been poor in the past, both on and off the field. We also know we have been good, and we also see that there is lots of potential.
Why do you feel the need to tell us we are rubbish?

It's like going up to a fat bloke who has just lost 5 stone and saying you have potential but you are still fat. Why would you expect a good reaction?

You be happy with what you have and we'll be happy at Wakefield. No need to make more of it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: PopTart "You seem very bothered about Wakefield Smokey? Have we upset you in some way or have you had a bad experience at Belle Vue?

Nothing you are saying is news to us. We know we have been poor in the past, both on and off the field. We also know we have been good, and we also see that there is lots of potential.
Why do you feel the need to tell us we are rubbish?

It's like going up to a fat bloke who has just lost 5 stone and saying you have potential but you are still fat. Why would you expect a good reaction?

You be happy with what you have and we'll be happy at Wakefield. No need to make more of it.'"

Im not interested in your brand of parochialism. Wakefield failing is bad for the entire sport, that’s why it matters. I want them to be better, I want them to be a flagship club, one we, as a sport can are proud of, Im sure you do too. But that wont ever be achieved if we pretend the problems they face don’t exist, that the failings they have aren’t real, or we treat them like a basket case which can’t be held to a higher standard.

Wakefield being happy with what they have isn’t an option, it isn’t good enough, though I accept that is the case for quite a few clubs

203 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
203 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.07177734375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
8m
Film game
Boss Hog
22m