Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: TURFEDOUT "But Wakey have found a way to compete.
We just sign some antipodeans.
Wakey are not breaking any rules and remain within the restrictions.
Maybe Wakey couldnt careless about how good/bad /indifferent the GB team is.
Rest assured,when the restrictions on overseas players are tightened again - Wakefield will adhere to it.'"

im arguing that that is the case, and criticising them for taking the easy route to the detriment of the sustainability of the league as a whole

Quote: TURFEDOUT "I have already said that in isolation,i dont think it is good to sign another overseas player.
However,is there a British player available with the same potential in that position,that would come for the same money.
I would suggest - no-otherwise why go through the hassle with Visas and delays etc...'"

it should be tough cookies, Wakefield have shown that without severe penalties, they wont look to youngsters, or brits, this is their 11th overseas player for the year, they have to do better

Quote: TURFEDOUT " i would like to reopen this topic in 10 months,as far as i am aware,we have Martin,Blanch,Drew,Henderson,Latu all off contract at the end of this season.If they resign another five antipodeans then i will accept it is shameful.'"

well thats more than most of your fans who seem happy to watch a team of antipodeans but why is it next season? which is you're twelfth in SL, it seems a pretty arbitrary point at which to start demanding they cut down on overseas players! why not this season, or last?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1977No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: vastman "So basically the troll who started this thread and Leeds Rhinos very own village idiot have an issue.

Nothing to see here people, move on....'"

Not trolling littleman. Some people think SL clubs of 10 years standing should not resort to signing NRL reserve graders. At wakey it seems some fans will justify anything the club do..so be it icon_wink.gif

But you run along....you are spent here. icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1977No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: vastman "So you can't answer my point about Sharp, as I say move on you're not worth what I scrape off my shoe.'"

so I am not worth one of your lunches...Oh dear icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: BIGAL1 "My argument, from my very first post is that no matter what Wakey did you and the other two would find fault no matter what, can you not figure that out

I have no wish to discuss players with you under these circumstances. Some of the posters who have replied know far more than you or i will ever know so i'll leave it to them, listen to people who know and you may learn something kidda.'"

icon_lol.gif
you should probably take that chip of you're shoulder, it cant be doing your back any good

maybe avoiding the question like this works the wakefield board where you are surrounded by idiots too stupid to see that you dont have an argument and would rather try and have a pop at the person making it that deal with the question at hand, or like usual you can close any thread people notice this, but on here where you cant do that, it just makes you look a little silly

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: vastman "So basically the troll who started this thread and Leeds Rhinos very own village idiot have an issue.

Nothing to see here people, move on....'"

Vastman in losing an argument and flailing around insulting people,

my, my isnt that a surprise

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1621No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2018Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Kermit the Frog.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Kermit the Frog.gif

Quote: SmokeyTA "Vastman in losing an argument and flailing around insulting people,

my, my isnt that a surprise'"

Its not an argument, its a discussion, thus people have different thoughts and opinions to you.....just deal with it! you are like a dog with a bone! does it urke you that not everybody is in agreement with you?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: SimonBarrett "Its not an argument, its a discussion, thus people have different thoughts and opinions to you.....just deal with it! you are like a dog with a bone! does it urke you that not everybody is in agreement with you?'"

i do have a low tolerance for idiots, so maybe.

But im not sure what urke means so i cant say for sure

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13708
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29100_1291104497.jpg
1/10:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29100.jpg

I'm sure many other posters from different clubs are getting bored of this but….

Personally, I’ve already gone on record highlighting my disappointment of this signing and any other import above the original 8, which is still too many but they were the initial set limits.

I have no objection of an Antipodean coming to England with little or no NRL experience as long as they contribute to the league and club sufficiently. For example, I would have Demetriou in a Trinity side above Matt King every time.

Unfortunately with a lack of funding, the choice of using finances to retain the youngsters on the scholarship scheme (who still remain in RL, just at different clubs, no credence for Trinity on the development while under this scheme I see) and insuring a competitive team is put together is a much tighter call then at others clubs with significantly more resources available to them. Whether that’s through success, a large fan base or obtained through having a supremely wealthy backer it’s still there.

Wakefield have, in the past, been guilty of neglecting the youth side of things to remain in SL. Relegation ended three years ago. Since Kear has been at the club great strides have been taken to reverse this situation and structures are in place to improve the standard of player coming through the academy. This will bare fruit in time as long as the club are able to hold on to the talent. Many things will affect this, the club need to improve attendances, sponsorship and most importantly, secure a new stadium in order to maximise the potential that is at Wakefield.

Finally, for Marsdengiant, what is Michael Korkidas if not an NRL reserve grader with little experience in that competition.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1621No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2018Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: SmokeyTA "i do have a low tolerance for idiots, so maybe.

But im not sure what urke means so i cant say for sure'"

"Vastman in losing an argument and flailing around insulting people,

my, my isnt that a surprise"

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4291
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SmokeyTA "im arguing that that is the case, and criticising them for taking the easy route to the detriment of the sustainability of the league as a whole

Wintertstein may well light up the league, how would that be detrimental to the competition?

it should be tough cookies, Wakefield have shown that without severe penalties, they wont look to youngsters, or brits, this is their 11th overseas player for the year, they have to do better

We've looked to youngsters plenty of times, Blaymire, Bibb, Pitts, Murphy, George, the March twins, Ellis, Westwood, Fox, Feather, McDonald, Stephenson I could go on all have been given their opportunities at Wakey. Just because you don't think most of em are good enough has no bearing on the fact that what I say is true but you just don't like it and don't like being wrong. Why penalise a club that has brought through so much talent?

well thats more than most of your fans who seem happy to watch a team of antipodeans but why is it next season? which is you're twelfth in SL, it seems a pretty arbitrary point at which to start demanding they cut down on overseas players! why not this season, or last?'"

The supporters pay to be entertained, whether its a Samoan, Tongan or Brit who is doing the entertaining is another matter. Who says we're happy with the signing? Mr know it all does lol! What do you know what we're thinking. I'll reserve judgement on the signing but as tits like you and Marsden try to slate the club I love then its only natural that I and others will suport and stand up for them. Next season I would not expect the services of Henderson (who incidentally is actually a Brit as he was born in Torquay), Martin and one of Blanch or Peterson to be retained. Also there is the possibility that Drew may well retire. JD has been over here that long that I'm sure he could claim British citizenship and Obst can't be far off either. Its not all as easy as you make out as many of our overseas players were already under contract at the club for this season and the club cannot just release a player for being foreign, thats called unfair dismissal. Structures are in place to improve our youth set up, but as with everything this takes time. If we get our new ground (news out in April) then things will improve dramatically as we will be able to attract better players to better facilities. Crowds will rise thus increasing revenue enabling us to invest more in youth development and also leaving us more money to retain the youth players we have developed.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Khlav Kalash "I'm sure many other posters from different clubs are getting bored of this but….

Personally, I’ve already gone on record highlighting my disappointment of this signing and any other import above the original 8, which is still too many but they were the initial set limits.

I have no objection of an Antipodean coming to England with little or no NRL experience as long as they contribute to the league and club sufficiently. For example, I would have Demetriou in a Trinity side above Matt King every time.

Unfortunately with a lack of funding, the choice of using finances to retain the youngsters on the scholarship scheme (who still remain in RL, just at different clubs, no credence for Trinity on the development while under this scheme I see) and insuring a competitive team is put together is a much tighter call then at others clubs with significantly more resources available to them. Whether that’s through success, a large fan base or obtained through having a supremely wealthy backer it’s still there.

Wakefield have, in the past, been guilty of neglecting the youth side of things to remain in SL. Relegation ended three years ago. Since Kear has been at the club great strides have been taken to reverse this situation and structures are in place to improve the standard of player coming through the academy. This will bare fruit in time as long as the club are able to hold on to the talent. Many things will affect this, the club need to improve attendances, sponsorship and most importantly, secure a new stadium in order to maximise the potential that is at Wakefield. '"

well thats closer to the truth than any of your fellow fans have got

Quote: Khlav Kalash "Finally, for Marsdengiant, what is Michael Korkidas if not an NRL reserve grader with little experience in that competition.'"

Michael Korkidas is , plain and simple

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: SimonBarrett "
Quote: SimonBarrett "]
not sure who i insulted there fella

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1621No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2018Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: SmokeyTA "
not sure who i insulted there fella'"
'"
'"

whoever you were calling an idiot....the same insult that vastman used by the way!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Uptoncat "The supporters pay to be entertained, whether its a Samoan, Tongan or Brit who is doing the entertaining is another matter. Who says we're happy with the signing? Mr know it all does lol! What do you know what we're thinking. I'll reserve judgement on the signing but as tits like you and Marsden try to slate the club I love then its only natural that I and others will suport and stand up for them. Next season I would not expect the services of Henderson (who incidentally is actually a Brit as he was born in Torquay), Martin and one of Blanch or Peterson to be retained. Also there is the possibility that Drew may well retire. JD has been over here that long that I'm sure he could claim British citizenship and Obst can't be far off either. Its not all as easy as you make out as many of our overseas players were already under contract at the club for this season and the club cannot just release a player for being foreign, thats called unfair dismissal.'"

they could however have not offered them a contract extension, not signed them in the first place,

it isnt supposed to be easy, you are at the top level, get over your small club syndrome and rather than moan about how people are demanding more of your club, get angry that this fantastic opportunity you have isnt being made the most of, this maybe the only chance you get at having 3 years to give the youngsters and the brits a shot, whilst of the most part your stadium issue is wait and see, everything else isnt,

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1977No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Khlav Kalash "

Finally, for Marsdengiant, what is Michael Korkidas if not an NRL reserve grader with little experience in that competition.'"

When we signed him he had extensive 1st grade rugby.

If the Giants signed a NRL reserve grader - no matter how good - I would not defend the club.

425 posts in 29 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
425 posts in 29 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.47509765625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
Boss Hog
7m
Round 27 HKR Away
Sir Gregory
9m