JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Kind of happy with the part time team Widnes are assembling next year in the championship

Marty Smith
Logan Tomkins
Matt Cook
Lee Jewitt
Deon Cross
Danny Craven
Jack Owens
Ste Tyrer

Happy to earn our way there. Sheens will get us back where we belong.

Send Toulouse up and give them a crack. Just bin off TWP, the comedy train needs to be end

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain280No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Donnyman "McManus is proposing "criteria" for what he says will be a "Mini Licensing" excersise. I suppose it will include.......

1, Ground
2. Finances/commercial partners
3. Player development
4. Business plan going forward

So doesn't look like it will be done on whoever missed out because of their antics. McManus wants the strongest club with the best plan going forward out of those who apply.'"

If that’s the case based on all 4 I’d say the front runners are Leigh/Widnes/Toulouse. Fev possibly, do they have an academy/reserves ? Seemed to have heavily relied on DR with Leeds the last few years. Leigh not having an academy could go against them potentially

RankPostsTeam
International Star17932
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Donnyman "McManus is proposing "criteria" for what he says will be a "Mini Licensing" excersise. I suppose it will include.......

1, Ground
2. Finances/commercial partners
3. Player development
4. Business plan going forward

So doesn't look like it will be done on whoever missed out because of their antics. McManus wants the strongest club with the best plan going forward out of those who apply.'"

The last licensing round didn't go too well and "business plan going forward" is generally pure conjecture.
Ok, nobody should offer the back of the fag packet that Halifax did all those years ago but, any club getting a spot in the top flight should be based on on field performance and not "conjecture".
Player development would probably mean that Fev, who have been heavily reliant on dual reg players from Leeds, should be excluded.
The best ground in the Championship is Leigh.
York will have a brand new ground but, dont as yet deserve to be in the top flight.
Bradford, who the hell knows - currently ground sharing at Dewsbury and they have some grand plans but, they are mid table and ground sharing at present..
London have a very small ground, regarded as some of their own fans as a "wedding venue".
Toulouse, have a tidy ground and competitive squad and would bring something different to the comp.
Widnes, excellent ground and plenty of home grown talent.

Right now it would be wrong to look beyond the current top 4 in the Championship but, as I said in my previous post, criteria will be tailored to enhance the credentials of whichever club is most wanted and quite frankly, that stinks the house out.

Really it should be either Fev (as beaten finalists in the last play off) or, London as the relegated club from last season.
Anything else would have the look and the smell of some kind of fix.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain280No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wrencat1873 "The last licensing round didn't go too well and "business plan going forward" is generally pure conjecture.
Ok, nobody should offer the back of the fag packet that Halifax did all those years ago but, any club getting a spot in the top flight should be based on on field performance and not "conjecture".
Player development would probably mean that Fev, who have been heavily reliant on dual reg players from Leeds, should be excluded.
The best ground in the Championship is Leigh.
York will have a brand new ground but, dont as yet deserve to be in the top flight.
Bradford, who the hell knows - currently ground sharing at Dewsbury and they have some grand plans but, they are mid table and ground sharing at present..
London have a very small ground, regarded as some of their own fans as a "wedding venue".
Toulouse, have a tidy ground and competitive squad and would bring something different to the comp.
Widnes, excellent ground and plenty of home grown talent.

Right now it would be wrong to look beyond the current top 4 in the Championship but, as I said in my previous post, criteria will be tailored to enhance the credentials of whichever club is most wanted and quite frankly, that stinks the house out.

Really it should be either Fev (as beaten finalists in the last play off) or, London as the relegated club from last season.
Anything else would have the look and the smell of some kind of fix.'"

Not a bad post to be fair and can’t really disagree with the summaries of the teams.

The whole Fev/London situation should be the choices because of last season doesn’t really make sense to me. Your potentially booting TWP, a product which isn’t sustainable with another team that may not fit the bill and be sustainable, but they deserve it based on a losing GF performance played 15 months prior to the 2021 season. ?

If TWP are withdrawn next year the RFL need to know that they’re instating a team capable of full filling the season and has all the fundamentals in the background to make a good go at it. Not because a team “deserves it” because they were runners up. TWP knocked Toulouse out of the play offs that season, is it not unfair on them too in that instance ?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain741No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2022Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Mcmanus comes across really well here.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain336
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Oct 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
75666_1595263025.jpg
'Great defence, always wins games, y'only have to score one more point than them. If tha does, tha'll win, if that doesn't tha'll lose, learn from it, more than the win last week.'. Peter Fox, 1980.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_75666.jpg

Should be Featherstone if life was fair, ......I have chosen the Bulls. It will be the Bulls. icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star17932
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Donnyman "No mate not at all. He was ready to leave for the RLIF when they came a calling. The Championship clubs were happy to have them as they are happy to have Ottawa and Toulouse.

if you want a proper French derby then relegate Catalans and get the clubs to play French players.'"

He didn't leave until 2018 by which time TWP had already been part of the "Eurpean" pyramid, with Rimmer followin on from the big fella.
It certainly seems that Wood was the "matchmaker" and the person primarily responsible for getting TWP into the game over here.
Happy to be proved wrong, my grey matter is getting more grey by the day.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wrencat1873 "He didn't leave until 2018 by which time TWP had already been part of the "Eurpean" pyramid, with Rimmer followin on from the big fella.
It certainly seems that Wood was the "matchmaker" and the person primarily responsible for getting TWP into the game over here.
Happy to be proved wrong, my grey matter is getting more grey by the day.'"

I don't need to "prove you wrong" on anything, don't make every discussion a fight. All I am saying is Wood was heading for the RLIF and he just waved TWP through and the Championship clubs were happy with that. Superleague as a separate organisation left them all to it, as they are now doing with Ottawa who are already backsliding on their commitment to use Canadian players.

I'd be interested to know how many actual French players would walk on the pitch for the start of the first French Superleague derby between Les Catalans and Toulouse that you advocate??

Give me a number??

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wrencat1873 "

I said in my previous post, criteria will be tailored to enhance the credentials of whichever club is most wanted and quite frankly, that stinks the house out.

Really it should be either Fev (as beaten finalists in the last play off) or, London as the relegated club from last season. Anything else would have the look and the smell of some kind of fix.'"

London have a terrible ground and Featherstone don't do player development they do dual Reg. Seems like it is your choices that stink?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Pats plastic pitch "If that’s the case based on all 4 I’d say the front runners are Leigh/Widnes/Toulouse. Fev possibly, do they have an academy/reserves ? Seemed to have heavily relied on DR with Leeds the last few years. Leigh not having an academy could go against them potentially'"

Toulouse? They are guests of the RFL and Championship?? What would you say to member clubs with SL ambitions if you hoisted Toulouse into Superleague?

Whatever English clubs do or don't have on the player development side they can bring it in. AFAIK going forward reserves are compulsory, NOT academies. Leigh don't have any Reserves but can just create a reserve team. If Keighley could do it.....

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player510No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The sooner ''member'' and ''guest'' status's are abolished, the sooner the game can move forward.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17932
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Donnyman "I don't need to "prove you wrong" on anything, don't make every discussion a fight. All I am saying is Wood was heading for the RLIF and he just waved TWP through and the Championship clubs were happy with that. Superleague as a separate organisation left them all to it, as they are now doing with Ottawa who are already backsliding on their commitment to use Canadian players.

I'd be interested to know how many actual French players would walk on the pitch for the start of the first French Superleague derby between Les Catalans and Toulouse that you advocate??

Give me a number??'"

I would think somewhere between 12 and 20 ?

RankPostsTeam
International Star3853
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53838_1362327793.jpg
And so you aim towards the sky, And you'll rise high today, Fly away, Far away, Far from pain....:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53838.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 "That would be the right / fair response.
However, this is Rugby League and with certain parties desperate to fit Bradford in to SL, by whatever means, suggests that "fairness and good sense" wont be the deciding factors.
IF a particular club is favoured for whatever reason, the criteria will be "adjusted" to accommodate them ie "success during the SL era" or, "playing in an iconic stadium".

'"

What and where is this 'iconic' stadium that Bradford are regularly connected with?

RankPostsTeam
Moderator8087
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
869_1597404840.jpg
//www.twitter.com/pumpetypump:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_869.jpg

The iconic stadium is the hole in the ground in Southern Bradford that is so prohibitively expensive to maintain it would make you go into administration. Mysteriously some wakefield fans in particular think being gifted the obligation to stay in it was an act of great kindness by the RFL.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17932
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Pumpetypump "The iconic stadium is the hole in the ground in Southern Bradford that is so prohibitively expensive to maintain it would make you go into administration. Mysteriously some wakefield fans in particular think being gifted the obligation to stay in it was an act of great kindness by the RFL.'"

At the time, so did the Bulls board and many of their fans, so did the Bulls fans.
Peppercorn rent to commercial rent was never going to work and those that brokered the deal needed their bumps testing.

Most Trinity fans, at the time, said that it would be better to go into admin, just as our club had but, some seemed to know better.

It was the story about protecting "an iconic stadium" that really irked.

Once rammed with 102,000 fans but, never "iconic"

219 posts in 16 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
219 posts in 16 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.10595703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rumours thread
upthetrin92
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
1m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
mwindass
3m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
3m
Lee Briers
Bobby Digita
6m
Toulouse A
Highlander
16m
IMG scores
homme vaste
22m
Shopping list for 2025
DSJ1983
32m
Squad 2024
Listenup94
35m
Halifax v Whitehaven
Brew
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
WHO IS NEXT
Manheim
35s
IMG scores
homme vaste
36s
Lee Briers
Bobby Digita
39s
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
41s
New halfback signing
Bully_Boxer
45s
Lewis Murphy
Trojan Horse
56s
Sadly one less Bronco
Victor
58s
Rumours and signings v9
NickyKiss
1m
Toulouse A
Highlander
1m
Halifax v Whitehaven
Brew
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
3 clubs apply to join League 1
Huddersfield
TODAY
Sadly one less Bronco
Victor
TODAY
Fan Village
[Gareth]
TODAY
The Seagulls v The Panthers
terry silver
TODAY
Las Vegas 2025 English ladies involved
Huddersfield
TODAY
New halfback signing
Bully_Boxer
TODAY
Batley Bulldogs H
Start@1873
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Best Wigan Tour Team
Cherry_Warri
TODAY
Josh Bowden
Dr Dreadnoug
TODAY
Squad for Giants
ninearches
TODAY
Leigh h
Zig
TODAY
Meadows
Torbreck
TODAY
July games
financialtim
TODAY
Salford - Away
RockNRolla
TODAY
Dons v Toulouse - Saturday 10 August 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
Toulouse A
Highlander
TODAY
IMG scores
homme vaste
TODAY
Nathan Mason
MicktheGled
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Home
Mr Snoodle
TODAY
Half Time Report
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Dewsbury v Dons Sunday 7/7/24 3pm
Kick and cha
TODAY
Our next 2 meetings
H.G.S.A
TODAY
Lee Briers
Bobby Digita
TODAY
Wakefield Trinity Register Thirteenth Win Of The Season With Victory Over Barrow
RLFANS News
TODAY
Academy Origin
B0NES
TODAY
Catalan Away
B0NES
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..