FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Virtual Terrace > Saints March Into the Semi-Finals - Includes Semi Draw
42 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
RankPostsTeam
International Star11894No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:White Backgrounds/Statler.gif

Quote: ThePrinter "

I just knew Hull fans would jump over the next 'twist' incident and still portray Sneyd as some kind of victim '"

It was inevitable, like night follows day.

What's funny is there is actually nothing in this "incident", just a Hull fan seeing what he wants to see.

And those who think Greenwood should get a ten match ban yet think Sneyd was harshly treated, just get out. Go bang your heads against a wall ya feckin' eejits.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member28186No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif
"As you travel through life don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin [url:2cg5oc2o]http://twitter.com/AndyGilder[/url:2cg5oc2o] [url:2cg5oc2o]http://fromthewesternterrace.blogspot.co.uk[/url:2cg5oc2o] This week: Four keys to a Rhinos win in the WCC:Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif

Two very different incidents IMO.

Greenwood is already falling to his left as he makes the tackle. The momentum of that leads him to roll over once as he hits the floor. He then rolls a second time to get himself in a better position to get up and get to marker. At no point does he manipulate or in any way alter the direction of Brown's foot/ankle.

Sneyd landed on his front, then took it upon himself to grab McGuire and roll in order to try and slow down the play the ball.

At the very, very worst it's a warning about future technique but I don't think it deserved even that.

RankPostsTeam
International Star704No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59922_1314445400.jpg
Rugby is like a hard game of chess!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59922.jpg

Greenwood charged with grade C.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member25662No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SecondRowSaint "Greenwood charged with grade C.'"

Even tough I started this, I think that it a bit harsh, I would expect him to get a one match ban, there was certainly something in the tackle, just some fans can't see it against their own players, but were quick to jump onto Sneyd last week.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Devil's Advocate "It’s not garbage when you’re so biased towards your own club, that you will use any allegory to refute the Sneyd incident.'"

Just seen this, I think you find that I thought Sneyd was guilty and deserved a ban (I said 3 matches compared to previous incidents), what I didn't agree with was the 8-10 matches that people were talking about, this is a similar tackle although not as bad and deserves as least looking at, it seems the people that matter agree with me.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Dave K. "Just seen this, I think you find that I thought Sneyd was guilty and deserved a ban (I said 3 matches compared to previous incidents), what I didn't agree with was the 8-10 matches that people were talking about, this is a similar tackle although not as bad and deserves as least looking at, it seems the people that matter agree with me.'"

I'm no Leeds or Saints fan but:

Sneyd should've got longer. There was intent to commit the tackle even IF he'd didn't intend to injure - the recklessness shoudlve warranted at least 4 games more than he got.

Greenwood, at best, should've got a slap on the wrist. There was nothing in it whatsoever.

I think it's common knowledge on here that the disciplinary panel (and the RFL as a whole) are a bunch of moronic c**ks. There should be a complete restructure of the panel, but best to be done at the end of the season.

All in a complete, neutral viewpoint of course.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member28186No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif
"As you travel through life don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin [url:2cg5oc2o]http://twitter.com/AndyGilder[/url:2cg5oc2o] [url:2cg5oc2o]http://fromthewesternterrace.blogspot.co.uk[/url:2cg5oc2o] This week: Four keys to a Rhinos win in the WCC:Transparent Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif

Quote: Dave K. "Even tough I started this, I think that it a bit harsh, I would expect him to get a one match ban, there was certainly something in the tackle, just some fans can't see it against their own players, but were quick to jump onto Sneyd last week.'"

I wouldn't have said that was anything like the same severity or level of potential for injury that the Sneyd challenge had to it. For them to be graded the same is daft IMO. If Greenwood gets the same ban that Sneyd got then the game really has gone mad.

RankPostsTeam
International Star505No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

They've painted themselves in to a corner by not dealing with a bad incident appropriately. Now they can't plausibly punish Greenwood even if they find him guilty (not that I think they should find him guilty necessarily) because it wasn't even in the same postcode as Sneyd's

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Andy Gilder "I wouldn't have said that was anything like the same severity or level of potential for injury that the Sneyd challenge had to it. For them to be graded the same is daft IMO. If Greenwood gets the same ban that Sneyd got then the game really has gone mad.'"

I pretty much agree, he should get a maximum of one match, but I'd be tempted to fine and warn him, but like last week with fans going over the top about Sneyd, the bias is showing in some fans to say he did nothing wrong, it could have been dangerous and Brown clearly thought they was something wrong with it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach485No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41988.jpg
:41988.jpg

Quote: Willzay "I'm no Leeds or Saints fan but

For me, Greenwood being charged was in response to the Sneyd incident last week. If the Sneyd incident hadn't happened, does anybody really think Greenwood would have even been charged?

RankPostsTeam
International Star2681No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
58216_1342011610.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_58216.jpg

I'm all for protecting players but this is just getting ridiculous if Greenwood is banned.

Common sense must prevail.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3829
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18686.jpg
In Springfield, they're eating the dogs, the people that came in. They're eating the cats! They're eating the pets!:18686.jpg

Quote: Dave K. "Just seen this, I think you find that I thought Sneyd was guilty and deserved a ban (I said 3 matches compared to previous incidents), what I didn't agree with was the 8-10 matches that people were talking about, this is a similar tackle although not as bad and deserves as least looking at, it seems the people that matter agree with me.'"

Your original fore was this.

Quote: Dave K. "Be interesting to see if a saints no 21 (Greenwood?) gets a ban and there are people calling for a ten game ban for his leg twisting on Brown.'"

Still narked that some hardliners were baying for no absolution icon_lol.gif .

But I still think you have your “Black & White” glasses on when comparing the two incidents icon_thumb.gif .

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: Dave K. "I pretty much agree, he should get a maximum of one match, but I'd be tempted to fine and warn him, but like last week with fans going over the top about Sneyd, the bias is showing in some fans to say he did nothing wrong, it could have been dangerous and Brown clearly thought they was something wrong with it.'"

People aren't bias because they're saying their's nothing wrong with it.....because their was nothing wrong with it.

The only bias seems to be coming from Hull fans highlighting it and trying to make some comparision to poor little Marc who was picked on by everyone on here who rightfully thought his was bad. Just like they tried to shift the spotlight/blame onto McGuire and McDermott last week, they now are trying to shift some onto the RFL if they don't ban Greenwood like they banned poor little Marc even though everyone non-Hull doesn't think their's anything wrong with the tackle.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Dave K. "I pretty much agree, he should get a maximum of one match, but I'd be tempted to fine and warn him, but like last week with fans going over the top about Sneyd, the bias is showing in some fans to say he did nothing wrong, it could have been dangerous and Brown clearly thought they was something wrong with it.'"

Lol the hypocrisy here is hilarious.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Devil's Advocate "Your original fore was this.

Still narked that some hardliners were baying for no absolution
It was a little bit sarcastic my first post, I never thought he should get 10 games, as I have repeated Sneyd is much worst and deserved a ban, but I was also right in saying that there is something wrong with Greenwoods tackle and should be looked at.

He might get not guilty and I wouldn't be bothered but the RFL have done the right thing in calling him up (Although the grading is maybe a little harsh).

42 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
42 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.591796875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
5m
Rumours thread
PopTart
12m