FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Virtual Terrace > When Will It Be Best To Go For A Second NZ NRL Team?
68 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12958No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2011Jul 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

not going to happen but my dream :

2013 - central coast and perth
2018 - ipswitch and wellington
2023 - png & adelaide
2028 - christchurch and PI team (tonga,samoa and fiji)

ie 24 teams

broken up into 2 conferences, one being the nsw teams and the other the expansion teams

each team plays home and away in each division (12 teams each, 22 rounds)

then have a top 5 finals systems for each division

winners of each division go to the grand final.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12958No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2011Jul 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: JB Down Under "will take significant increase in income by the NRL to afford 22 teams. Ideally the grant from the NRL would be in the $6-7million a club now. To get to 22 teams and fund them properly it would take at least a doubling of income on the NRL's part. Still a long way to go till we see that.'"

by being able to expand every 5 years thats going to increase future TV deals a lot, ignoring inflation on the existing viewers

in australia potentially we can add the following viewers - FTA / Pay TV

WA - 150,000 / 50,000
Adelaide - 100,000 / 25,000
Melbourne - 150,000 / 50,000
Queensland - 250,000 / 100,000

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Despite having some knowledge of NZ and Wellington in particular I dont have enough understanding of the sport down there to offer a reasoned opinion

Maybe some from down there should consider the same before telling us ' up ' here how our sport should progress in the future

RankPostsTeam
International Star1437No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2010Nov 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: dally messenger "not going to happen but my dream

Certainly, the next round should be Perth and Central Coast. Bringing the Bears back into the competition will bring fans from Mosman and Willoughby north.

Perth is a no brainer to extend the TV profile and we have the runs on the board from the late 1980s/1990s prior to the SLW. And again with the executed Reds.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9426
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42169_1366443727.jpg
Chorlton RL wrote- "Jonny, for me you hold the mantle of most sensible poster on the VT" ............................................................................................................................................... Yed wrote: "He's like a Kevin Penny on steroids except he's good too" ............................................................................................................................................... "What? What have I said now?" - Starbug 2013 ...............................................................................................................................................:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42169.jpg

Are there enough quality players to maintain the high intensity of the NRL with so many teams?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3766No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/g6.gif
[url=http://www.sang-et-or.net:305yfqcu][color=#FF0000:305yfqcu]sang-et-or.net[/color:305yfqcu][/url:305yfqcu], home of the Bobbie Goulding appreciation society.:Others/g6.gif

3 years ago, but knowing the luvvly NRL, it will take them 10 years minimum.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6268No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Jul 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

WOAH WOAH WOAH Dally.

You spent AGES telling JB that Perth had absolutely no chance!
What changed your tune...

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Ok....I have only been in Wellington for 12 months, but after watching the Local comp, the national Comp and wall to wall NRL/Toyota cup on SKY, I would offer this as an explanation as to why NZRL will concentrate on getting its own house in order before pressing for another NRL team. I may be well of the mark with cetain assumptions, but it is mainly based on published facts (warning. 9 meg)
The new 7 Regions are all now in place with only one area currently causing problems and new competitions successfully launched at senior and under age levels in 2010. The next steps will be to ensure that these comps continue to run well and the 7 regions all ensure they deliver the same basic message in promoting the game. It will take another 3 years minimum before a decision on the success "to date' can really be made. At this stage, I believe that if it has worked, the standard of teams will have improved to such a level that some NRL fringe players may be enticed back to NZ.

One of the issues faced by NZRL is a social one. When I first came to New Zealand as a tourist, I asked about League. The person I asked informed me that the League team in his town, Wanganui, had been moved 15 miles away due to a shooting incident. This answer was repeated to me on a number of occassions and after I went to the local library I disovered that a localised fued betwen Black Power and the Mob had ended with the death of a child in a drive by shooting......and because people involved were players on the team, a RL connection had been made....
When I started work here, I asked about Wainuiomata RL and was told not to park my car near the ground as there was "always" trouble after games........the same when I asked if Petone Panthers were a better bet to watch games.

The fact is that 90% of the players in the national and wellington comps (can't comment on other areas) are of pacific or Maori heritage and the culture of "big hits' sometimes enables people to settle scores on the field. I am not sure, but I believe that this "aggression", together with unhelpful journalism such as highlighted above is key in the current situation regarding getting fans to games.

This is one of the key areas that Jim Doyle and his team will be addressing over the next 3 years....the perception that League is a game played by thugs, associated with gangs and settling of scores.

My own experiences of League in the region this year have been nothing other than great. Great people running the game, great people running the clubs and friendly fans.......happy to have a dig about my beloved Quins RL being crap..... icon_cool.gif.

I would love to see a franchise in Wellington......but, as I have pointed out in other threads, sports fans in the region are fickle....and Union, soccer, netball, basketball are all suffering from "fanapathy" (copywrite pending icon_biggrin.gif ) and I believe that if a Wellington Orcas side were to become an NRL Franchise, then it would have to be with a backer prepared to underwrite the club for 5 or more years..and with an infastructure across all 7 regions that would support it and provide a good breeding ground for the players of the future.

So, that's how the land lies here at the moment. 21,000 went to watch the Kiwis beat England, showing that there are fans in the region, but there are 35,000 fans for the AB's when they play here and only 14,000 for the local premium Union team.....5,000 for the coccer team yet 35,000 for the All Whites.....Wellington Fans need to be courted to folloing league and I believe that 3 Warriors games a year need to played here to really gauge interest........

As I said, I may be wrong, but these are my thoughts on the matter.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11579
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16831.gif
:16831.gif

Quote: dally messenger "not going to happen but my dream

or split them into two seperate divisions and introduce promotion an relegation, who knows, we may follow suit........................ icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2014Dec 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Gutterfax is right on the money with much of what he has said.
I have lived in Wellington for most of my 37 years and the comments he has made regarding watching local rugby league and the violent behavior assosiated have been right on the mark in the past.
I live in Upper Hutt, home to the mighty Upper Hutt Tigers. At their home games the Mongrel Mob can be seen perched on the bank on one side of the field in a menacing way which will put off most casual fans from attending. I have worked with quite a few Tiger's players and they have all been great blokes and not gang affiliated but there obviously is another contingent that are. There were always stories in my youth of shootings and brawls involving spectators whenever the supremacy of the Wainui Lions was challenged. I'm not saying it was solely Wainui but being Upper Hutt's main rival for top spot (along with Randwick) in those days they were the stories you heard about.

However, I believe the winds of change are happening.
Rugby League is now in our schools, in my day there was no school rugby league teams, it was rugby or nothing and if you played club league on the weekends your first XV coach would probably drop you. Upper Hutt College just completing a 3rd unbeaten season in the Stephen Kearney cup and the aussie talent scouts are taking notice. The kids know due to Toyota Cup coverage and the many kiwis plying their trade there that there are career opportunities in league that are reachable to them. They also are being taught and see from the TV coverage that they can't do drugs and expect to be picked up by the scouts. This will no doubt flow through to the senior ranks with more dedicated players coming through rather than gang related thugs just trying to show how tough they are. But it will take years.

As for crowds well it's hard to say. Wellington has less than half the population of Auckland and while per capita certainly supports it's sporting teams better there is only so much money people have to spend. Christchurch has the same issue but without the competition of a semi-pro soccer team.

NZ rugby league is moving forward and certainly becoming more main stream, but there is a long way to go. I would love to see a team based in Wellington and think it would be great for the fans and the national side, but I suspect the money side of things would not stack up and at the end of the day it will always come back to that.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: kuwaiti kev "Gutterfax is right on the money with much of what he has said.I have lived in Wellington for most of my 37 years and the comments he has made regarding watching local rugby league and the violent behavior assosiated have been right on the mark in the past.
I live in Upper Hutt, home to the mighty Upper Hutt Tigers. At their home games the Mongrel Mob can be seen perched on the bank on one side of the field in a menacing way which will put off most casual fans from attending. I have worked with quite a few Tiger's players and they have all been great blokes and not gang affiliated but there obviously is another contingent that are. There were always stories in my youth of shootings and brawls involving spectators whenever the supremacy of the Wainui Lions was challenged. I'm not saying it was solely Wainui but being Upper Hutt's main rival for top spot (along with Randwick) in those days they were the stories you heard about.

However, I believe the winds of change are happening.
Rugby League is now in our schools, in my day there was no school rugby league teams, it was rugby or nothing and if you played club league on the weekends your first XV coach would probably drop you. Upper Hutt College just completing a 3rd unbeaten season in the Stephen Kearney cup and the aussie talent scouts are taking notice. The kids know due to Toyota Cup coverage and the many kiwis plying their trade there that there are career opportunities in league that are reachable to them. They also are being taught and see from the TV coverage that they can't do drugs and expect to be picked up by the scouts. This will no doubt flow through to the senior ranks with more dedicated players coming through rather than gang related thugs just trying to show how tough they are. But it will take years.

As for crowds well it's hard to say. Wellington has less than half the population of Auckland and while per capita certainly supports it's sporting teams better there is only so much money people have to spend. Christchurch has the same issue but without the competition of a semi-pro soccer team.

NZ rugby league is moving forward and certainly becoming more main stream, but there is a long way to go. I would love to see a team based in Wellington and think it would be great for the fans and the national side, but I suspect the money side of things would not stack up and at the end of the day it will always come back to that.'"

As I posted earlier , it is slightly different over there , it can get interesting to say the least , so the ' Mongrel Mob ' are still around , they were there when I attended Heretaunga college back in 75

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: kuwaiti kev "Gutterfax is right on the money with much of what he has said.'"

Some on here will shoot you for that...but thanks anyway. icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg

Quote: gutterfax "Some on here will shoot you for that...but thanks anyway.
Bloody cockneys , what do they know about RL ? icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png

Quote: Starbug "Bloody cockneys , what do they know about RL ? How to score 4 tries in an international icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach14082No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9857_1341488583.jpg
WEST COAST PIRATES NRL expansion? Sometime soon, maybe......:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_9857.jpg

This was from 18 months ago but little since and with bids expected to be called for around March time it is doubtful one will come from Wellington.

While Wellington appears to be starting its run from behind, Hemson, Wellington Rugby League's ambitious general manager, said he'd had encouraging discussions with the NRL, Wellington City Council and Westpac Stadium over the last year.

Hemson said rather than trying to fight with the AFL in Perth or Adelaide, the NRL wanted to shore up its strongholds of Australia's east coast and New Zealand.

"We believe that for the long-term future of rugby league here there needs to be at least one other team out of New Zealand and we're working away on it at the moment.

"We've been keeping it low key because we want to get all our things lined up before we go public with it.

"There's been good support from Wellington City Council to work with us and the [Westpac] Stadium are obviously keen for it to happen as well."'"

from sept 2010

The last bid to bring NRL to the city was fronted by former NZRL chairman Andrew Chalmers, with an anonymous, Belgium-based millionaire fronting the money, but Chalmers has since shelved those plans. He isn't involved in a fresh consortium led by Wellington RL general manager Jason Hemson, who says that since initially flagging his interest to NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley a year ago, he has kept working quietly on the bid.

It's widely expected the NRL will be open to new franchise bids to join the competition for 2013 when new television rights are negotiated, but while the Central Coast and Central Queensland bids have been vocal and interest from Adelaide and Perth also given extensive airtime, Wellington has barely been mentioned since Chalmers quit the sport.

Hemson says 2013 may be too soon and the next round of expansions may be a more realistic target for Wellington, but he insists the city will one day secure NRL football and are as well placed as any bid despite the lack of financial backers.'"

68 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
68 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
Boss Hog
9m
Arthur In
Backwoodsman
12m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Loiner at la
14m
Barrow A
Highlander
36m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Jack Burton
44m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
44m
Kicking Game
Douglas Blac
46m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
52m
Leigh Away
The games af
Recent
Leigh h pt 2
Stu M
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Round 20 Salford away 3/8/24
Once were Lo
51s
Ellis Lingard
Trojan Horse
53s
Shopping list for 2025
Irregular Ho
58s
Arthur In
Backwoodsman
1m
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Borough Bonus
Douglas Blac
1m
Kicking Game
Douglas Blac
2m
TV Games - Not Hull
B0NES
2m
Rumours and signings v9
scarrie
2m
Squad 2024
cowfax
2m
Barrow A
Highlander
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Ellis Lingard
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Myler Ellis
Blackandwhit
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Borough Bonus
Douglas Blac
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition London Away
Douglas Blac
TODAY
Kicking Game
Douglas Blac
TODAY
London Broncos Victorious Over Off-Colour Catalans Dragons
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squads - Warriors v Leopards
LeythIg
TODAY
Lockie Lam
Blackandwhit
TODAY
Leigh h pt 2
Stu M
TODAY
Weve never had it so good
MjM
TODAY
Leigh Away
The games af
TODAY
Dual Reg & Loans The Rules Explained
faxcar
TODAY
Salford Win the Mid Table Battle Over The Rhinos
RLFANS News
TODAY
Saints Back To Winning Ways With Big Win Over Hull FC
RLFANS News
TODAY
Hull KR Top of the League With Stunning Win Over Warrington
RLFANS News
TODAY
York at home
WT_Midlander
TODAY
cats
BigTime
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Lord Tony Sm
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
London Broncos Victorious Over..
Salford Win the Mid Table Batt..
Saints Back To Winning Ways Wi..
Hull KR Top of the League With..
Wakefield Trinity Back to Winn..
Catalans Dragons Defeat Hull F..
Salford Move Closer To Play Of..
Warrington Wolves Humiliate Wi..
Bill Arthur Rest In Peace..
Rhinos Comfortably Win Scrappy..
Battling Tigers Beat The Drago..
Hull KR Defeat Leeds In Headin..
Twelve Man Warrington Stun Sai..
2024 State of Origin - Game 3 ..
Wakefield March On With Win Ov..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.61M 2,939 80,09314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R2
20:00
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Thu 8th Aug
     National Rugby League 2024-R23
10:50
Souths
v
Melbourne
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R21
St.Helens
v
Salford
 Fri 9th Aug
09:00
Gold Coast
v
Cronulla
11:00
Parramatta
v
Penrith
     Womens Super League 2024-R11
17:30
LeedsW
v
WiganW
Huddersfield
v
Catalans
Hull KR
v
Castleford
       Championship 2024-R21
Wakefield
v
Sheffield
 Sat 10th Aug
06:00
Canberra
v
Manly
08:30
NQL Cowboys
v
Brisbane
10:35
St.George
v
Canterbury
12:00
St.HelensW
v
FeatherstoneW
       League One 2024-R19
13:00
Cornwall
v
Hunslet
14:00
BarrowW
v
Wire W
15:00
Leeds
v
Wigan
       Championship 2024-R21
18:00
Doncaster
v
Toulouse
 Sun 11th Aug
05:00
Dolphins
v
NZ Warriors
07:05
Newcastle
v
Wests
12:00
York V
v
Hudds W
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 8th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Salford
Fri 9th Aug
SL
Huddersfield-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Castleford
Sat 10th Aug
SL
Leeds-Wigan
Sun 11th Aug
SL
Leigh-Hull FC
SL
LondonB-Warrington
Sat 17th Aug
SL
19:30
Warrington-Leeds
SL
17:00
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
14:30
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:30
Leigh-Salford
SL
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:30
Huddersfield-Castleford
Fri 23rd Aug
SL
Castleford-Warrington
SL
Leeds-Catalans
Sat 24th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Hull KR
SL
14:00
Salford-Huddersfield
Sun 25th Aug
SL
LondonB-Leigh
SL
Wigan-Hull FC
Fri 30th Aug
SL
Hull KR-Salford
SL
Leigh-Warrington
Sun 4th Aug
SL 20 LondonB12-10Catalans
WSL2024 10 FeatherstoneW6-68LeedsW
WSL2024 10 BarrowW6-64St.HelensW
WSL2024 10 Wire W0-61York V
WSL2024 10 WiganW70-0Hudds W
L1 18 Keighley72-12Newcastle
L1 18 Oldham32-0Midlands
L1 18 Rochdale46-32Cornwall
L1 18 Workington24-28Crusaders
CH 20 Barrow24-24Bradford
CH 20 Dewsbury16-42Wakefield
CH 20 Featherstone24-16Batley
CH 20 Halifax38-18York
CH 20 Sheffield22-20Doncaster
CH 20 Whitehaven12-24Widnes
NRL 22 Penrith22-14Newcastle
NRL 22 Canterbury22-18Canberra
Sat 3rd Aug
SL 20 Hull FC6-46St.Helens
SL 20 Salford22-16Leeds
CH 20 Swinton4-48Toulouse
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Hull KR 20 503 259 244 30
Wigan 19 495 258 237 30
Warrington 20 502 267 235 28
Salford 20 377 382 -5 26
St.Helens 20 501 262 239 24
Catalans 20 376 286 90 24

Leeds 20 371 364 7 20
Leigh 19 392 286 106 19
Huddersfield 20 350 453 -103 14
Castleford 20 336 523 -187 13
Hull FC 20 274 612 -338 6
LondonB 20 210 735 -525 4
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 18 626 222 404 34
Sheffield 18 510 303 207 26
Toulouse 17 516 224 292 25
Widnes 18 434 319 115 23
Bradford 18 421 321 100 22
Featherstone 18 464 375 89 18

Doncaster 18 338 432 -94 17
York 19 446 383 63 16
Batley 18 300 390 -90 16
Halifax 18 356 477 -121 14