Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2244_1299706258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2244.jpg

Quote: JB Down Under "My club has spent full salary cap most years yet not really come close to silverware suggesting either we are crap at recruitment, we have had crap coaches or the top clubs are spending much more than the official cap.'"

Or your youth systems aren't as good, or your training and conditioning hasn't been as good, or your sports science isn't as good etc all need money spending on them.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: JB Down Under "My club has spent full salary cap most years yet not really come close to silverware suggesting either we are crap at recruitment, we have had crap coaches or the top clubs are spending much more than the official cap.'"

Or that other clubs have better youth development which in turn provided a bigger squad and more strength in depth.

RankPostsTeam
Administrator25122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7.gif
:7.gif

Quote: SmokeyTA "It would be a ridiculous suggestion, that’s why nobody suggested that we don’t pay our players anything.

And its not about players only being able to enjoy a high standard of living, its about the opportunities they have, and that we as a game are in competition for their skills. It’s the fact that a player like Ian Kirke who has skills outside the game becomes more likely to make fewer sacrifices to stay in the game the less we pay him. That isn’t greed it is understandable, its normal and expected. Kirke may be happy to delay his legal career whilst earning £50k a year at Leeds Rhinos, he may not for £30k. If we put his wages down, we lose him. This is a bad thing. Then on the other end of the scale you have Ryan Hall, who may be happy to resist the bright lights and big wages of RU and NRL for £200k a year at Leeds Rhinos, but not for £100k. Again this is understandable, It’s a short career why should he subsidise the game?'"

I'm afraid you need to wake up and see the world around you. The days of plenty are long, long gone. Britain hasn't even begun to make inroads into the massive debts the financial sector ran up and already the RAC is talking about the growing numbers of people sleeping in their cars because they can't afford the fuel costs to work. Do you honestly believe Union - or any other sport - will be desperate to squander their diminishing incomes on any more than a handful of players who don't even know the rules of the game? Club rugby union is on its and we are now beginning to see empty seats where there were none prior at international games (the Australia fixture for example). Union, like most sports, has been living in an inflated wages bubble for years and they are starting to pay the price. The NRL is looking healthier, but not so that it can continue ratcheting the costs up forever. Besides, the NRL isn't so hamstrung in terms of quality that it needs to dip frequently into SL.

Quote: SmokeyTA "And it would be the very antithesis of why our game was formed.'"

And you were there at the George Hotel (presumably sampling the atmosphere and taking notes) when the game was formed?

Quote: SmokeyTA "And that is a bad thing, It is a very bad thing that we are seen as a feeder league, it damages us in numerous ways. It is something we should be fighting to change to exacerbating. '"

Opening up the wages faucet won't prevent Union from taking League players if it really wants them. Ditto the NRL.

Quote: SmokeyTA "But that is a fairly unimaginative, and niave standpoint predicated on the assumption that wages are a good barometer for a players quality and that talent distribution can only be done through a restriction on wages. '"

I'd argue it is far less unimaginative than spending even more money. In any case, I offered it as a very rough marker for a debate on leveling the playing field so that all-but closed groups of clubs don't buy up all the talent and dominate the competition. And whilst high wages don't necessarily guarantee similar levels of performance, the fact that the biggest spenders (when measured over a suitably long timeframe) are very rarely at or near the bottom of the competition bears out at least some measure of a relationship.

Quote: SmokeyTA "How is that money undeserved? You may also look and see a correlation between the clubs with the most money and the clubs with the most fans, and the clubs who sell the most merchandise, bring in the biggest sponsors and have the highest visibility.'"

So, St. Helens (for instance), a club which had nigh-on bankrupted itself attempting to compete with Wigan (a club which had bankrupted itself buying up the majority of the league's best talent), was [imore deserving[/i of an incredibly fortunate last-minute injection of cash from a reasonably wealthy investment banker than many other clubs which had safeguarded their futures (whilst all but guaranteeing on-the-field inferiority to the former) by spending no more than they could afford? I mean, you've not yet resorted to the "they're unsuccessful because they're workshy" argument, but I'm guessing it isn't far away.

RankPostsTeam
Administrator25122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7.gif

Quote: SEB "The current salary cap provides an average salary of something like £65k. That does sound like a good standard of living, true. But it's not as simple as that, is it. Firstly, the top players at each club can rightly expect to earn double that, possibly even triple that. That means to balance things up, there will be players on half that or a third of that or less. Then you have to remember that a career only lasts 10 to 15 years in most cases and could end at any time through injury. So is the prospect of a highly risky, short-term £30kish attractive to someone who enjoys sport at school and university who has the chance of a career lasting 40+ years paying decent wages?'"

It's a risky career option, but it's not an insurmountable problem. Any significant cut to the salary cap would have to be accompanied by some form guarantee that the club and the game would take steps to provide players with the means to pursue an alternative career of their choice once they are finished (funding for an academic or vocational qualification) - apprentice partnerships with local businesses etc. etc. Such schemes already exist at certain clubs and I'm sure they could be improved upon.

In any case, I think you are overstating the scale of the problem. How many League players could realistically have earned fantastic wages outside of the game? Many I've spoken to are eternally grateful to League as they have few ideas about where they could succeed in the outside world. Moreover, "decent" wages are becoming ever more difficult to find in this country and the trend won't improve any time soon.

Quote: SEB "If players want to leave - this is not fine. We can stand the odd one, yes, but to lower the salary cap would drive down the quality of SL further and further.'"

We've stood the loss of all but the entire pack to Australia, Ashton, Eastmond, Tomkins et al to Union. The last time I checked the game hadn't imploded. Nor is it likely to.

RankPostsTeam
Administrator25122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7.gif

Quote: SEB "To be fair, precarious finances are being caused more by lack of income than by excessive spending on players.'"

No more of a lack of income than, say, Union is facing. Lately it seems like nary a week goes by without me seeing one or many of their correspondents bleating about falling revenue or gates. So it's not like only SL is suffering.

Quote: SEB "Lower the cap and you seriously risk lowering the quality of the product which in turn lowers your ability to generate income. So finances would still be precarious and we'd have less entertaining rugby to watch in front of lower crowds.'"

You've completely confused me here. First you draw a direct relationship between money and "quality". In the next sentence you draw another between money and "entertainment". Now, I might be going out on a limb suggesting the more money you spend the higher you are likelier to finish - but at least I can go some way toward testing this claim by mapping expenditure vs league position. "Quality" and "Entertainment" are highly abstract value judgments. I mean, YOU might think the league's "Quality" will be diluted by less expenditure, but it doesn't automatically follow that everyone else will agree.

My goal was to increase "competitiveness" by preventing small groups of clubs (or one - as was the case with Wigan) from dominating through greater financial muscle. Now, I'll concede that the term "competitiveness" is more abstract than a club's league position. But I think it is, at the very least, reasonable to suggest a Super League in which no team can take a financial shortcut to success is more likely to be competitive (certainly under the etymology of the word as I understand it) than one which allows such.

Of course, it DOES NOT follow that a competitive league will necessarily deliver the skill, speed, athleticism and ferocity the game currently prides itself on. It's perfectly possible to have a completely unpredicatable league filled with mediocrity. Which is why we would need to do more than simply slash expenditure and commit to greater intervention.

RankPostsTeam
Administrator25122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7.gif

I think you have to look at this question over a lengthy period of time. There are only so many top-tier players in SL and almost all of them are tied into lengthy "golden handcuff" contracts. It's simply unrealistic to expect any side outside of the "big 4" or "big 5", no matter how much money is spent, to win SL within two or three years of increased investment.

I mean, sure - it's possible you could bring in a couple of NRL worldbeaters, somehow luck out on the coach of the century whilst two or three of the brightest prospects in years emerge from the academy. But is it probable? No. A more realistic - if albeit far longer - path to success would be to steadily chisel away talent from the other top teams, exert your increased financial clout in signing the best juniors money can buy (who will still take the best part of five years to develop) and hope to god you don't sign some coaching duffer.

RankPostsTeam
Administrator25122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7.gif

Quote: Asgardian13 "Money is very important in ALL sports, not just RL. When was the last time that a team with a 'modest budget' won anything in Wendyball? Money [iis not[/i, however, everything. Warrington almost certainly spent more money under Paul Cullen than under Tony Smith, yet it's the latter who has brought success.'"

I'd argue that money is far less important than certain essential skills - such as the ability to read plain English. Next time, before you puff out that quaint little sparrow chest and gulp down the spinach I'd advise you to open up your one good eye and read the comprehensive and foolproof disclaimers I included which state [i"money does not absolutely guarantee success". [/i

Quote: Asgardian13 "As for history, I've got news for you...'"

You've bored me already.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman18060No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Some points for Mugwump to respond to:

The standard of SL is as bad as it has been since its inception - do you really think the standard would be unaltered if the likes of Graham, Burgess, Ashton & Eastmond were still in RL? Your view that talented players can just leave the game and it would not affected doesn't stand scrutiny.

Is the game imploding - I would say yes, I can see a further 3/4 clubs going under during this year, none of these clubs will spend anything like the full cap.

What would you suggest as a suitable salary cap? and would you expect the current players to take a 30% pay cut?

Rather tan have a minimum wage maybe we need a minimum income - if a club cannot generate £4m then it should not get a licence.

Finally Sky need a product on which it can sell advertising - you are suggesting reducing the quality on offer, why should Sky continue to pay the same money for a worse product?

What next winter rugby?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Mugwump "I'm afraid you need to wake up and see the world around you. The days of plenty are long, long gone. Britain hasn't even begun to make inroads into the massive debts the financial sector ran up and already the RAC is talking about the growing numbers of people sleeping in their cars because they can't afford the fuel costs to work. Do you honestly believe Union - or any other sport - will be desperate to squander their diminishing incomes on any more than a handful of players who don't even know the rules of the game? Club rugby union is on its booty and we are now beginning to see empty seats where there were none prior at international games (the Australia fixture for example). Union, like most sports, has been living in an inflated wages bubble for years and they are starting to pay the price. The NRL is looking healthier, but not so that it can continue ratcheting the costs up forever. Besides, the NRL isn't so hamstrung in terms of quality that it needs to dip frequently into SL. '"

Yes, I have absolutely no doubt that our best players can and will move to other sports/leagues and the less we pay them, the more this will happen.

I also have no doubt that more players will choose a career outside the game if we pay them less.

Quote: Mugwump "And you were there at the George Hotel (presumably sampling the atmosphere and taking notes) when the game was formed?'"
No, just aware of the well documented history of the formation of our game.

Quote: Mugwump "Opening up the wages faucet won't prevent Union from taking League players if it really wants them. Ditto the NRL.'"
Yes it will, as it always has.

Quote: Mugwump "I'd argue it is far less unimaginative than spending even more money. In any case, I offered it as a very rough marker for a debate on leveling the playing field so that all-but closed groups of clubs don't buy up all the talent and dominate the competition. And whilst high wages don't necessarily guarantee similar levels of performance, the fact that the biggest spenders (when measured over a suitably long timeframe) are very rarely at or near the bottom of the competition bears out at least some measure of a relationship'"
It is particularly, supremely, unbelievably unimaginative. It is tired old ideology which has been disproved time and time again.

Quote: Mugwump "So, St. Helens (for instance), a club which had nigh-on bankrupted itself attempting to compete with Wigan (a club which had bankrupted itself buying up the majority of the league's best talent), was [imore deserving[/i of an incredibly fortunate last-minute injection of cash from a reasonably wealthy investment banker than many other clubs which had safeguarded their futures (whilst all but guaranteeing on-the-field inferiority to the former) by spending no more than they could afford? I mean, you've not yet resorted to the "they're unsuccessful because they're workshy" argument, but I'm guessing it isn't far away.'"
[/] icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif No club, not one, none, nil, zero, clubs have only ever spent wha they have brought in, all have at some stage had credit and outside investment. The idea that St's dont deserve success because they could have gone bust, but didnt because they had enough money to not go bust is absolutely hilarious.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3726
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Jan 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18764_1329753271.gif
Waiting for the 2021 RLWC:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18764.gif

Quote: Mugwump "I'd argue that money is far less important than certain essential skills - such as the ability to read plain English. Next time, before you puff out that quaint little sparrow chest and gulp down the spinach I'd advise you to open up your one good eye and read the comprehensive and foolproof disclaimers I included which state [i"money does not absolutely guarantee success". [/i

You've bored me already.'"

How polite! Your exaggerated sense of infallibility in your own rhetoric is inherently flawed, I merely pointed this out with a couple of examples. Always remember, other opinions are available.

RankPostsTeam
Administrator25122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7.gif

Quote: SmokeyTA "Yes, I have absolutely no doubt that our best players can and will move to other sports/leagues and the less we pay them, the more this will happen.'"

You are assuming the likes of Union and the NRL (which has functioned perfectly well without large numbers of SL imports) will have plenty of surplus money to throw around in the future. The evidence suggests Union is struggling as much as league - perhaps moreso. My guess is their inflated wages bubble, like ours, will burst.

Quote: SmokeyTA "I also have no doubt that more players will choose a career outside the game if we pay them less.'"

And I also have no doubt that as wages continue to decline in this country more youngsters will think twice about giving up on league.

Quote: SmokeyTA "No, just aware of the well documented history of the formation of our game.'"

I've yet to see much evidence of this.

Quote: SmokeyTA "It is particularly, supremely, unbelievably unimaginative. It is tired old ideology which has been disproved time and time again.'"

Adding words such as "particularly", "supremely" etc. to an argument from authority doesn't elevate it to truth.

Quote: SmokeyTA "
Question dodge.

RankPostsTeam
Administrator25122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7.gif

Quote: Sal Paradise "The standard of SL is as bad as it has been since its inception - do you really think the standard would be unaltered if the likes of Graham, Burgess, Ashton & Eastmond were still in RL?'"

You seem a little confused here. Whilst Eastmond (and possibly Ashton) did seem to be motivated purely by profit, Burgess, Graham (and Ellis) wanted to play at a higher level in Australia. We could have paid twice the money and they still would have left.

Quote: Sal Paradise "Your view that talented players can just leave the game and it would not affected doesn't stand scrutiny.'"

Really? I thought we had a cracking end of season without most of our starting pack.

Quote: Sal Paradise "What would you suggest as a suitable salary cap? and would you expect the current players to take a 30% pay cut?'"

I can't pin down a precise figure, which is why I offered the question up for general discussion. Would the players be happy? Of course not. Would we suffer considerable short term consequences? Yes. But what consequences will we suffer if we continue under the current model? How happy will players be when their clubs (and wages) disappear from under them?

Quote: Sal Paradise "Rather tan have a minimum wage maybe we need a minimum income - if a club cannot generate £4m then it should not get a licence.'"

I wouldn't object to that. But it still leaves us in the position where teams with two or three times the income can destabalise the game.

Quote: Sal Paradise "Finally Sky need a product on which it can sell advertising - you are suggesting reducing the quality on offer, why should Sky continue to pay the same money for a worse product?'"

I really don't understand the seemingly automatic assumption that both reducing and leveling the wage structure must ultimately reduce the quality. If I pay Sam Tomkins 30% less does he suddenly become 30% less effective?

I mean, sure - I understand the worry that the top earners will leave en masse. I don't think this is a certainty because not all players are motivated by money or a desire to play in the NRL or Union.

Yes - some will leave. But without the customary cadre of a "big 4" we would have a far less predictable competition where talent and coaching take precidence over a beefy wallet.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Mugwump "You are assuming the likes of Union and the NRL (which has functioned perfectly well without large numbers of SL imports) will have plenty of surplus money to throw around in the future. The evidence suggests Union is struggling as much as league - perhaps moreso. My guess is their inflated wages bubble, like ours, will burst. '"

If you look at the evidence, then it is pretty clear that the NRL will have more money to throw around in the future. Why wouldn’t they spend it on better players?

Quote: Mugwump "And I also have no doubt that as wages continue to decline in this country more youngsters will think twice about giving up on league. '"
So you’re hoping that economic deflation affects the whole nation enough to bring down wages for RL players and make other careers less attractive. If we accept this frankly mental premise, who is going to be able to afford tickets?

Quote: Mugwump "I've yet to see much evidence of this. '"

You've yet to see evidence of the well documented history of the formation of our game?
Quote: Mugwump "Adding words such as "particularly", "supremely" etc. to an argument from authority doesn't elevate it to truth. '"
I know, they are adjectives, they are used to describe things. HTH

Quote: Mugwump "Question dodge.'"
There was a question in that rambling nonsense?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Mugwump "
I really don't understand the seemingly automatic assumption that both reducing and leveling the wage structure must ultimately reduce the quality. If I pay Sam Tomkins 30% less does he suddenly become 30% less effective?'"

No, he goes somewhere else and becomes 100% less effective.

Quote: Mugwump "Yes - some will leave. But without the customary cadre of a "big 4" we would have a far less predictable competition where talent and coaching take precidence over a beefy wallet.'"
The Championships are a competition with a low SC and which is unpredictable.

Yet people, in general, still don’t want to go watch, screen it on TV, pay millions in broadcast contracts and sponsorship or play in it.

SEB
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman13723
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Apr 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1215.jpg
[url=http://www.squadbuilder.co.uk/:1ask2coq]WARRINGTON WOLVES SUPPORTERS TRUST ARE [u:1ask2coq][b:1ask2coq]YOU [/b:1ask2coq][/u:1ask2coq]A MEMBER?[/url:1ask2coq] //www.squadbuilder.co.uk/ https://www.facebook.com/Squadbuilder https://twitter.com/WarrWolvesST:1215.jpg

Quote: Mugwump "It's a risky career option, but it's not an insurmountable problem. Any significant cut to the salary cap would have to be accompanied by some form guarantee that the club and the game would take steps to provide players with the means to pursue an alternative career of their choice once they are finished (funding for an academic or vocational qualification) - apprentice partnerships with local businesses etc. etc. Such schemes already exist at certain clubs and I'm sure they could be improved upon.

In any case, I think you are overstating the scale of the problem. How many League players could realistically have earned fantastic wages outside of the game? Many I've spoken to are eternally grateful to League as they have few ideas about where they could succeed in the outside world. Moreover, "decent" wages are becoming ever more difficult to find in this country and the trend won't improve any time soon.

We've stood the loss of all but the entire pack to Australia, Ashton, Eastmond, Tomkins et al to Union. The last time I checked the game hadn't imploded. Nor is it likely to.'"

What you seem to be saying is that (taking it to an extreme for arguments sake) we could get away with paying all our players an equal, low wage, say £25k across the board. We wouldn't need to worry what effect it would have because it would increase competitiveness and unpredictability. And we needn't worry about players leaving for other sports/leagues/careers because there are always some lads who don't know what else they'd do. I'm not knocking those type of lads - but surely we don't want to exclude lads who have a genuine chance of even a slightly better career elsewhere?

There is a business saying that says something like if you aren't growing you are standing still and standing still means you will get left behind and die. We ought to be doing everything possible to grow RL - geographically, demographically and economically. Everything should be done in balance and proportion yes, but let's not just give up and reduce the appeal, breadth and diversity!

119 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
119 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.27978515625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Accounts
the fax in a
Recent
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
Recent
TV Games - Not Hull
bonaire
Recent
Rumours and signings v9
Zig
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
15s
Recruitment rumours and links
Or thane
17s
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trophy By Thrashing Salford
RLFANS News
17s
TV games not Wire
Big lads mat
23s
Off Contract 2025
ArthurClues
29s
Film game
Boss Hog
32s
TV Games - Not Hull
bonaire
42s
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Wigan Bull
47s
Rumours and signings v9
Zig
1m
Squad for London
karetaker
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trophy By Thrashing Salford
RLFANS News
TODAY
Barrow
FOREVERTRIN
TODAY
Holly Spurr Interview
JamieRobinso
TODAY
Wolves again
BigTime
TODAY
Academy Players Promoted to First Team Squad
Simba16
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Saints
Deeeekos
TODAY
Round 27 HKR Away
Seth
TODAY
Squad for London
karetaker
TODAY
Hull FC preview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Halifax A
Wigan Bull
TODAY
East stand
PopTart
TODAY
Locations of League
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Matt Parcell to leave at seasons end
Huddersfield
TODAY
Huddersfiels to get new stadium
RobRiches
TODAY
IMG
Crosswire
TODAY
Leaving players
Murphy
TODAY
bulls on Sunday
faxcar
TODAY
Concerts at Stadiums
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
Finn out Murrell in
faxcar
TODAY
Playoff Semi Final
MattyB
TODAY
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
TODAY
James Clark
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Le Cats at home - Los Alomos Custers Last Stand
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Realistic targets for 2025
the cal trai
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 27
ducknumber1
TODAY
Club Statement
UllFC
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,148 ↑34580,12114,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R29
10:50
Cronulla
v
NQL Cowboys
       Championship 2024-R27
19:30
Sheffield
v
York
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R27
20:00
Hull KR
v
Leeds
Leigh
v
St.Helens
Warrington
v
LondonB
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R29
10:50
Sydney
v
Manly
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R27
15:00
Hull FC
v
Catalans
       Championship 2024-R27
18:00
Featherstone
v
Dewsbury
18:00
Widnes
v
Toulouse
19:30
Wakefield
v
Barrow
 Sun 22nd Sep
       Championship 2024-R27
Batley
v
Swinton
Halifax
v
Bradford
Swinton
v
Doncaster
       League One 2024-R24
Hunslet
v
Midlands
Keighley
v
Rochdale
 Sat 28th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
17:00
Toulouse
v
Batley
 Sun 29th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
Barrow
v
Widnes
Bradford
v
Swinton
Dewsbury
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
Doncaster
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
Sat 21st Sep
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Thu 19th Sep
SL 27 Huddersfield34-10Castleford
SL 27 Wigan64-0Salford
Sun 15th Sep
WSL2024 14 FeatherstoneW6-32York V
WSL2024 14 Hudds W36-0Wire W
CH 26 Barrow34-14Whitehaven
CH 26 Bradford16-14Batley
CH 26 Dewsbury16-28Swinton
CH 26 Doncaster30-14Widnes
CH 26 Featherstone6-20Sheffield
CH 26 Wakefield20-4York
NRL 28 Canterbury22-24Manly
L1 23 Midlands24-22Workington
L1 23 Rochdale30-18Hunslet
Sat 14th Sep
SL 26 Hull FC4-58Salford
SL 26 Catalans12-8LondonB
SL 26 Huddersfield0-66Warrington
CH 26 Toulouse38-18Halifax
NRL 28 Melbourne37-10Cronulla
NRL 28 NQL Cowboys28-16Newcastle
Fri 13th Sep
SL 26 Leigh0-24Hull KR
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Hull KR 26 693 311 382 40
Warrington 26 684 319 365 38
Salford 27 550 547 3 32
St.Helens 26 584 370 214 30
Leigh 26 548 386 162 29

Leeds 26 514 462 52 28
Catalans 26 451 423 28 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
LondonB 26 317 862 -545 6
Hull FC 26 324 870 -546 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 24 892 256 636 46
Bradford 24 618 373 245 32
Toulouse 23 662 340 322 31
Sheffield 24 594 472 122 28
Widnes 24 513 433 80 27
York 25 613 439 174 26

Featherstone 24 566 472 94 26
Doncaster 24 470 527 -57 23
Batley 24 378 513 -135 20
Halifax 24 475 617 -142 20