Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Donnyman "Once again it's not about me is it? It's really rather simple. Expansion requires new paying TV deals and player development. That's not my definition it is Superleagues.

Expansion is not placing clubs in SL an expanded distance from the others and at the same time kicking out an English SL club?:

But some people think it is, remember when they all got excited by the idea of Perth (WA) coming into SL. Imagine if that happened and Wakefield Trinity were relegated so they could take their SL place, and Trinity shut their academy and Wakefield fans cancelled their SKY subs???

Now would you call that "expansion" of the professional game? if you would please explain it to me
Perth would be ludicrous but, let's not go there.

I actually agree with your point about not kicking out English clubs just to accommodate a newbie.
However, there should always be a plan to grow the game, if not, by very definition, we're going backwards and this has been lacking for decades.
However, even IF Catalan were replaced by an English club in SL, this would represent yet another failure by the sport of Rugby League and our past is absolutely littered with those.
There has to be a decent strategy to grow the game, increase interest, increase participation and IF we can be successful with that, increased TV revenue would come hand in hand with that success.

I dont see ANY plan for those things, do you ? and the game is currently dyeing slowly

RankPostsTeam
International Star4334
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54039_1294695296.jpg
[b:p889vjdy][i:p889vjdy][color=#FF0000:p889vjdy]BULLSBOY2011:[/color:p889vjdy][/i:p889vjdy][/b:p889vjdy] [i:p889vjdy][color=#0000FF:p889vjdy][size=85:p889vjdy]'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'[/size:p889vjdy][/color:p889vjdy][/i:p889vjdy] [color=#FF40BF:p889vjdy]Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)[/color:p889vjdy]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_54039.jpg

There's always room for expansion in our game, as it is so small and played in such a small area any expansion is good. Even Toronto (which failed business wise) still managed to showcase our game to an extra 9,000 people who otherwise would never have played or watched RL. Even if 10 of those start following RL it's better than none. However expansion should be done right and build from the bottom.

Toronto was basically a a 'bought' entity. At least Catalans have produced players, played before SL inclusion as UTC and continue to have a steady support larger than some SL clubs. Toulouse have done it right, they have produced players, earned their stripes in the Championship and on the surface of it run a good business. Newcastle and York are the next two who are doing expansion right. Building from the bottom up. Good amateur game, good development and plying their trade at a lower level first.

If any of these teams were to go, especially Catalans, it would be such a bad look for the game. I'm all for strong heartlands clubs, without them, the game dies. But in order to grow and prosper as a sport we need to introduce it to new markets, new people and keep building outside the M62 corridor.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Bulls Boy 2011 "

Toronto was basically a a 'bought' entity. At least Catalans have produced players, played before SL inclusion as UTC and continue to have a steady support larger than some SL clubs. Toulouse have done it right, they have produced players, earned their stripes in the Championship and on the surface of it run a good business. If any of these teams were to go, especially Catalans, it would be such a bad look for the game. I'm all for strong heartlands clubs, without them, the game dies. But in order to grow and prosper as a sport we need to introduce it to new markets, new people and keep building outside the M62 corridor.'"

The French game produced the players.

Catalans job was to take the best on and give them a professional arena to develop further in, and a path to annual competitive test matches with England to develop into International quality players. Certainly Catalans did play senior French players and ran an academy to further develop junior French players.

But year on year England would hammer the French International side (a dozen times with an average score of 52-7) and Gausch seemed to lose any interest he had. The academy was shut, the Internationals abandoned and now we have a situation where Catalans first choice team no longer has any French lads in the first team with Casty gone and Yaha out of favour.

I know you say that removing them from SL would be a "bad look", but the fact is Toronto were chucked out recently and it doesn't seem to me anyone beyond the RL fans who crave "expansion" actually gave a monkeys. Catalans aren't much of a draw here either when it comes to the bulk of fans so I can't see anyone crying if an English club took their place.

But it's not the fans shout. It's Superleague chairmen's shout and most of them don't like Gausch.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wrencat1873 "Perth would be ludicrous but, let's not go there.

I actually agree with your point about not kicking out English clubs just to accommodate a newbie.
However, there should always be a plan to grow the game, if not, by very definition, we're going backwards and this has been lacking for decades.
However, even IF Catalan were replaced by an English club in SL, this would represent yet another failure by the sport of Rugby League and our past is absolutely littered with those.

'"

Thanks for the post. I counted the "expansion" clubs that have come and gone since 1896 and I think the first real expansion club was south Shields over a hundred years ago. About 50 have come and gone and to be honest nobody really bats an eyelid anymore, and nobody is surprised. Few care apart from some on message boards..

Our very existence depends on clubs with histories going back to 1864. They are too often dismissed by so called expansionists but in such a tough climate for our game clubs like Wakefield with 140 years behind them will always be the bedrock of the game.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wrencat1873 "

There has to be a decent strategy to grow the game the game is currently dyeing slowly

'"

We have that strategy, anyone who wants a go, and has the money can enter the lower divisions.

We have that club Newcastle Thunder..........Rejoice

I don't see the game is dying? As I say many clubs are aged well over 100 years old and still going strong....

Around 1970 it looked to be dying as playing numbers dropped sharply and crowds also dropped sharply.

You must remember those days??

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wrencat1873 "
'"

does that include Toulouse

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain113
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2021Mar 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[color=#BF0040:3frwikxe][b:3frwikxe]Manly Warringah RLFC[/b:3frwikxe][/color:3frwikxe]:

Quote: wrencat1873 "So, no professional RL in New Zealand either I should have used the word 'structure' instead of 'set-up'. French RL is about clubs like Pia, St Gaudens, Carcassone, Limoux, Lezingnan...not Catalonia, who are just a newish national/regional entity, some say Catalonia is a nation, is Wales is a nation I'd say Catalonia is as well. So in NZ the true srtucture of NZ RL are clubs like Mt Albert and Otahuhu. the NZ Warriors don't play in a NZ RL competition, and the Catalonia Dragons don't play in a French RL comp.

IMO we should let them develop their own domestic league instead of just dropping a full-time team into Auckalnd and Perpignan. Having team like Toronto, Celtic Crusaders and PSG makes RL look so desperate. If areas of the world don't want to play or watch RL that's their problem, don't try and force RL onto people.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4334
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54039_1294695296.jpg
[b:p889vjdy][i:p889vjdy][color=#FF0000:p889vjdy]BULLSBOY2011:[/color:p889vjdy][/i:p889vjdy][/b:p889vjdy] [i:p889vjdy][color=#0000FF:p889vjdy][size=85:p889vjdy]'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'[/size:p889vjdy][/color:p889vjdy][/i:p889vjdy] [color=#FF40BF:p889vjdy]Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)[/color:p889vjdy]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_54039.jpg

Quote: Donnyman "The French game produced the players.'"

I'd be genuinely curious to see how many French players played top level RL before Catalans? Only one I can really think of was Maxime Grésèque. Couldn't name one PSG player without googling it. The 1996 squad had a few French in it, the 1997 squad was pretty much Aussies/English. Since Catalans I could name at least a full playing squad of French players. So what was the 'French Game' doing before Catalans? Not knocking it, as it will have produced many amateur/semi pro players and put rugby balls in kids hands (which is the main point).

Quote: Donnyman "Catalans job was to take the best on and give them a professional arena to develop further in, and a path to annual competitive test matches with England to develop into International quality players. Certainly Catalans did play senior French players and ran an academy to further develop junior French players.'"

The Catalans job is to be a successful rugby league club. That's the goal of any sporting team. To be successful. During our most successful era the majority of our skillful players were Aussie/NZ. In our 2001 GF we had 8 overseas players (Withers, Vaikona, Mackay, H. Paul, R. Paul, Vagana, Gartner and Rigon). 9 English players including 3 academy graduate players (Pryce, Peacock, Fielden). Catalans in their most successful year had 9 French players in their 17 for the 2018 Challenge Cup Final (Gigot, Yaha, Simon, Jullien, Garcia, Casty, Bousquet, Baitieri, Goudemand). So Catalans had the same French players, than we had English players.....and I'm sure that's the same for a lot of teams.

The problem is France in general do not have a huge player pool, so the quality will be limited. They severely lack in halves. It wasn't so bad when Bosc was around because he was great to be fair. Now they have Fages. It's not Catalans job to better the French team. It's Catalans job to make the players they have better and if that improves the French team then great. The French team on paper has a half decent 17.

Catalans academy was shut because they can't play our academies and the academies they could play over there wouldn't help the Catalans as they wouldn't be good tests. There's loads of logistical problems with this too. Cost of travel, the players are still in education and they'd need to travel Friday or before for a weekend game so they'd miss out. For Catalans it would be money down the drain. That's why they now use Saint-Estève XIII Catalan as a feeder club from Elite One. They've already had Morgue, Romano, Séguier, Perez from there and have used them to give Di Costa and Albert game time.

Quote: Donnyman "But year on year England would hammer the French International side (a dozen times with an average score of 52-7) and Gausch seemed to lose any interest he had. The academy was shut, the Internationals abandoned and now we have a situation where Catalans first choice team no longer has any French lads in the first team with Casty gone and Yaha out of favour.'"

In all fairness the French team aren't on our level and they never will be with only 1 professional side and 1 semi-professional side to choose players from. Let's be honest, French RL isn't going to pick players from Pia Donkeys or Avignon. France in general are years behind us in RL. It was banned over there and playing habits changed. It's getting better though. France should be competing with the likes of Samoa, Fiji, Cook Islands etc. Not the likes of Australia, NZ, England. Do you have the same thoughts about Ireland, Scotland and Wales who are absolute sh*t and barely have any actual Welsh, Irish or Scottish playing for them? I do agree that Catalans should have a moral obligation to try bring more French talent through their ranks. I'm a Bulls fan and we pride ourselves on our youth system. In an ideal world every team would have as good a youth system as we do. But some see a different way to be successful.

Quote: Donnyman "I know you say that removing them from SL would be a "bad look", but the fact is Toronto were chucked out recently and it doesn't seem to me anyone beyond the RL fans who crave "expansion" actually gave a monkeys. Catalans aren't much of a draw here either when it comes to the bulk of fans so I can't see anyone crying if an English club took their place.'"

Toronto were never liked anyway. They had a huge backer at the time and people got y about that. Okay, hindsight is a wonderful thing but at the time a lot of fans were complaining about the travel (well it was paid for), people were complaining about not developing Canadians (well some of their clubs don't produce players even though they've had 100+ years to perfect it), they complained about buying their way to SL (they worked up the leagues rather than being parachuted in like Widnes, Crusaders etc or 'saved' by the demise of another club like Wakefield). SL chairmen were worried that Toronto would eventually take their place. Imagine if say Wakefield, Hull KR, Huddersfield, Salford went down instead of London? They never took a penny out of central funding either. But not one of the outcrys at the time were about a business model, or the financial state of the club. That only came much later.

Catalans don't need to be a draw here, we probably aren't much of a draw over there. As long as they are a draw in Perpignan which they are. They've had average crowds between 7-9k since moving to Stade Gilbert Brutus. With the most supported seasons being 2018 (9,806) and 2016 (9,764). They also took the game on the road to Camp Nou (31,555) which is the record for SL attendance. So as long as they keep doing that, they deserve to be in the top flight. That in itself could be an attractor for SKY too. In my opinion Catalan being in the competition is much better for the game as a whole.

The heartland clubs do need to strengthen and I do feel that a financially stable Bradford and Leigh would be great for SL and in a couple of years time York and Newcastle would be fantastic additions too if they keep doing the right things. At the moment those are the positives of the game.

Look, it feels like we are all going over the same ground over and over. We all have different opinions and we all interpret information in a different way, I'm assuming you're older as you referenced rugby in the 70's so I guess you were there, I'm 90's born so we are going to have different views on the game naturally anyway. So let's get back on topic and hopefully we can all be supporting our respective teams from the terracing soon. God knows I've missed the rugby!

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain113
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2021Mar 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[color=#BF0040:3frwikxe][b:3frwikxe]Manly Warringah RLFC[/b:3frwikxe][/color:3frwikxe]:

Quote: Bulls Boy 2011 "I'd be genuinely curious to see how many French players played top level RL before Catalans? Only one I can really think of was Maxime Grésèque. Couldn't name one PSG player without googling it. The 1996 squad had a few French in it, the 1997 squad was pretty much Aussies/English. Since Catalans I could name at least a full playing squad of French players. So what was the 'French Game' doing before Catalans? Not knocking it, as it will have produced many amateur/semi pro players and put rugby balls in kids hands (which is the main point).

In all fairness the French team aren't on our level and they never will be with only 1 professional side and 1 semi-professional side to choose players from.

Catalans don't need to be a draw here, we probably aren't much of a draw over there. As long as they are a draw in Perpignan which they are. They've had average crowds between 7-9k since moving to Stade Gilbert Brutus. With the most supported seasons being 2018 (9,806) and 2016 (9,764). They also took the game on the road to Camp Nou (31,555) which is the record for SL attendance. So as long as they keep doing that, they deserve to be in the top flight. That in itself could be an attractor for SKY too. In my opinion Catalan being in the competition is much better for the game as a whole'"

The main reason I remember in 2005 ppl were saying Catalonia should be in SL was that they would improve the French national side like the NZ Warriors had, well that's a myth as NZ had at times a decent RL team in the 1980's. And as I suspected, Catalonia hasn't improved the French RL side.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4334
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54039_1294695296.jpg

Quote: WelshRL&RUwatcher "The main reason I remember in 2005 ppl were saying Catalonia should be in SL was that they would improve the French national side like the NZ Warriors had, well that's a myth as NZ had at times a decent RL team in the 1980's. And as I suspected, Catalonia hasn't improved the French RL side.'"

Which people were saying this though? I think that was a question someone asked Donnyman. Was it SL who said this? The IRLF? Catalans themselves? French RL? Fans? All I know is that is wasn't part of the 'criteria' to allow Catalans into the SL. It might have been talked about in terms of a potential side benefit to having them in but it was mainly to have a French presence, French TV deal, French players, to really expand the game. And arguably they have done. There's more French players throughout the league and because of Catalans inclusion to SL there's now more eyes on clubs like Toulouse. There's more French coaches, albeit most are ex-players but by playing for Catalans it's given them the platform to coach.

I'd say French national side is in a slightly better state post 2006 than pre 2006. It's just that you see other nations progressing like Tonga but they have Aussies and NZ's playing for them who's 'heritage' is Tongan. France can only really chose French players. Until there is a couple of 'hotbeds' over there for RL (like there is here) then France only have a limited selection of players. In all fairness they won the 2018 European Championship to qualify for the World Cup too.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain510No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20205 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Donnyman "It's exactly what I have researched for goodness sake

Les Catalans were supposed to play the top French players in their Professional Superleague team so the players could be developed such that they could provide competitive annual France.v.Great Britain test games.

What's happened is Catalans have shoved them all out, sure there are lads like Theo Fages in the English system, Navarette, Miloudi, Escare etc, I fully acknowledge that but all that means is we do not need Les Catalans who refuse to run an academy and clearly refuse to develop and sign the top French players.

France can send their best players over here all day long as they now do. There in no point to Catalans Dragons if they...

1. Refuse to sign and play the best French lads
2. Cannot find a French TV deal
3. Will not run an academy

And so what do you think Toulouse would do if they were hoisted into Superleague? Copy Catalans?? Let's see if you have a debate in you I've been trying to get a solid debate out of for ages but whenever you're asked the hard questions you disappear.

Super league has to grow the game which they successfully did in '06 who have also successfully stayed in the top flight for 14 years and given starts to so many Frenchmen who would not have gotten that opportunity without Catalan.

It was Elstone who ruined negotiating the new French deal and even with that setback were able to secure a free to air deal for the final games of the season, something you conveniently. So the absence of a tv deal has only been for a very small time of their existence.

As for international games, it is not their responsibility for the national team to be competitive. That is the governing bodies role of both England and France.

Do you blame the English clubs for their lack of competitiveness over the last 40 years against Australia?

Catalan were probably were introduced on the premise that their presence would boost the national side. Catalan job is to win footy games, winning the CC which gave great exposure to our game.

If you believe Catalan should be solely French, do you also believe that English clubs should stop signing the likes of Inglis, Coote, Hastings, Austin, Miller, Lolohea, Taia, Tuimavave, Mata'utia?

As for Toulouse they have a development team and system and in my opinion would be the best choice for team 12. What a boost to rl to have a couple French derbies each year which would inspire more French players in the years to come.

Lastly Catalan are one of the larger clubs commercially and one of few clubs which have grown attendance, including the largest super league crowd of 31k.

Keen to hear your rebuttal.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain113
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2021Mar 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Bulls Boy 2011 "Which people were saying this though? I think that was a question someone asked Donnyman. Was it SL who said this? The IRLF? Catalans themselves? French RL? Fans? All I know is that is wasn't part of the 'criteria' to allow Catalans into the SL. It might have been talked about in terms of a potential side benefit to having them in but it was mainly to have a French presence, French TV deal, French players, to really expand the game. And arguably they have done. There's more French players throughout the league and because of Catalans inclusion to SL there's now more eyes on clubs like Toulouse.'"

Sky, mainly on Boots 'n' All. But Catalonia is not expansion of RL.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Silent H "I've been trying to get a solid debate out of for ages but whenever you're asked the hard questions you disappear.

As for Toulouse they have a development team and system and in my opinion would be the best choice for team 12. What a boost to rl to have a couple French derbies each year which would inspire more French players in the years to come.

Lastly Catalan are one of the larger clubs commercially and one of few clubs which have grown attendance, including the largest super league crowd of 31k.

Keen to hear your rebuttal.'"

I don't "Dissappear" and this comment is again more personal goading from you.

Gausch has serious money problems and you know it, and he continues to preside over a club that does not have a policy of developing French players, nor providing them with first team opportunities. Go on TRL and read Barnyia's posts about how French juniors are ignored and fringe French players only make the numbers up. Even if they get on the bench they get left there unless players are injured or tired. McIlorum tells the tale of how he'd feign tiredness to give French lads a chance.

My "opinion" for others as this isn't a private conversation, is that Gausch just wants to win games and that means not bothering with French players, and as for Toulouse if they go the nod they would strengthen by copying Catalans...

Lord help us if we are crazy enough to bring in a "French" Superleague derby where nobody on the field is French..... icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

Not to mention depleting the English TV deal we have by blocking English clubs from SL for that Charade over the channel......

216 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
216 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.26708984375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
Recent
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Wetherby Wha
Recent
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
WalterWizard
Recent
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Trebor1
Recent
Film game
Boss Hog
Recent
Squad for HKR
Or thane
Recent
Recruitment rumours and links
Or thane
Recent
Leigh it is
Cokey
Recent
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
mwindass
Recent
Rumours thread
The Avenger
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Doncaster home
Dr Dreadnoug
1m
Rumours thread
The Avenger
1m
Rumours and signings v9
nathan_rugby
3m
WalterWizard
3m
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
4m
Ground Improvements
imwakefieldt
5m
Championship Play Off Final
Redscat
6m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Trebor1
7m
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
karetaker
7m
Man of Steel
MorePlaymake
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Championship Play Off Final
Redscat
TODAY
Man of Steel
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
Or thane
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
chapylad
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WalterWizard
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Chris71
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
karetaker
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
Cokey
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
TODAY
Must do better
Wires71
TODAY
Warrington Wolves Break Saints Hearts With Golden Point Win
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 2,658 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 Sat 5th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22