Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: gutterfax "point to these 2 cities out on an ATLAS........
Well we've established you like to read what you want to read.

I said "Australian sports", not "Australian cities"......if you don't think the Auckland Nines which had 15 of 16 teams featuring coming from Australian can't be described as Australian sport then embarrass yourself by all means.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: gutterfax "Really? The Truth?
All I can see are stadiums that are 99% 98% 79% 76% 70% 63% and 33% full...compared to 46%, 43%, 36% 30% 24% 17% 8% and 8%...that's the truth as I see it. 64% at the soccer....27% at the Rugby League.....hardly "close" is it?'"

No just shows what we know all along, football is a bigger deal than RL in England.......but no amount of numbers can help with the obvious fact that people's interest in the FA Cup has dwindled from what it use to be. I live in the country surrounded by football mad friends and work colleagues, the obvious disinterest compared to other competitions is massive. Some may still attend the match, but I doubt many Chelsea fans are still gutted about their exit from the Cup like they will be if they exit the Champions League when that starts up again. Or had they lost the league game there.

Quote: gutterfax "That's an example of TV scheduling......unless I am mistaken, 88k were there and 8 million watched it on TV.......again, the comparison is flawed.'"

Aww bless, another excuse for the others sports. It's the "tv schedulers" to blame. Note when games are shifted around in RL it's the end of the sport as we know it and the RFL are to blame for this happening. There is inconsiderate or poorly planned tv scheduling, then there is having the league title and FA cup decided on the same day, that's hardly bad scheduling, that's an example of how the FA Cup is thought of. As for telling us how many were at Wembley, yeah great, many were they for the CC Final too.

Quote: gutterfax "...yep, but 47,013 did bother with, could be d and patently gave a toss about the City Chelsea game enough to pay to go.....which is what we were talking about before I got an abridged history of the FA Cup.'"

Damn me mentioning one final from 3 years ago, how dare I, it had no place in this argument.

Quote: gutterfax "That figure....just once more...for non caring, couldn't give a toss, why bother it's a pointless game, it's pointless game between City and Chelsea.....47,013.......regardless of your opinion of what people were talking about prior to the event!'"

It's not an opinion about what people were talking about, it's fact. I'm actually in the country, reading the papers, watching the sports news on tv, surrounded by football fans.......who progressed was a mere afterthought, the focus was how it'd effect the title race. Journalists are going on about Mourinho's war of words with Wenger, not who Man City play in the next round.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: ThePrinter "Well we've established you like to read what you want to read.

I said "Australian sports", not "Australian cities"......if you don't think the Auckland Nines which had 15 of 16 teams featuring coming from Australian can't be described as Australian sport then embarrass yourself by all means.'"

Oohhhh Australian Sports eh?
Both games are ENGLISH sports, both games were played in NEW ZEALAND CITIES and your clutching at straw (men) now. c020.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: loiner81 "No chance, you'll just get a load of totally unrelated "facts" and made up stats before he moves on to something completely different (after insulting you once or twice of course) to try and divert you from the fact that he's ****** up yet again.'"

actually, I'll answer the question of the blitzkrieg poster when he admits he is wrong......
Quote: loiner81 "Trademark. icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: gutterfax "Oohhhh Australian Sports eh?
Both games are ENGLISH sports, both games were played in NEW ZEALAND CITIES and your clutching at straw (men) now.
47,013 bought tickets, how they felt is YOUR OPINION and isn't automatically correct no matter how much you claim.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png

Quote: ThePrinter "The teams competing were 15 Australian, 1 New Zealand. Thus it can be can be called Australian, I'm not claiming about the 'birthplace' of the sport. I'm not saying RL is an Australian sport, but the NRL is an Australian sport. That to was held in Wellington doesn't change that, if the FA Cup final was held in Dubai would that make it a Middle East sport?'"

Nice try....but I mentioned and then you hung your hat on 2 events.....16 at both, so 16 Australian and 16 NON Australian.....yet you claim them both as AUSTRALIAN SPORTS.

If Sid James were alive he could play you in "carry on failing" (babs Windsor as loiner81)

They paid to get in....47,013/98.35% of the grounds worth.....

Quote: ThePrinter "like your tag-team partner likes to accuse RL fans of being.'"

I don't need billy to deal with you and your girlfriend.........but nice try to further deflect away from the question asked...you remember, the pertinent one to the actual topic?

Quote: ThePrinter "It's been explained but you won't read it properly. I did say that.....'"

I'll stop you there. You admit to agreeing with Starbug......who was discussing ATTENDANCES in the cup based on his TV viewing.

Quote: ThePrinter "Then I moved onto another sentence talking about another reason/problem with the FA Cup. Note the full stop between what you quoted from me and the bit about Chelsea/Man City/Mourinho/Pellegrini.'"

Irrelevant. the attendance door wasn't shut because you used a full stop.......attendances were still by association (no pun intended) still on the table.
The rest of your comments about City/Chelsea were objective.....47,013 disagree with you and paid to do so!

Quote: ThePrinter "Maybe you'll answer some questions from Him, or maybe how a club like Man City (who care deeply about the FA Cup according to you) couldn't even get over 30,000 just over a few years ago for an All Premiership FA Cup clash before their riches and success saw a big increase in nationwide and global fan base, meaning even the least important games get near full crowds.'"

The FA cup may well be in the eyes of many, not as important as the Premiership and the Champions League, but it is no way, in any way shape or form, as terminally in decline as the Challenge cup. To say that is makes you and your ilk nothing short of apologists for the RFL....knock down Nigel posters must adorn your bedroom wall.....4 of them...one for each wall....with a bit of ceiling covered too!

Quote: ThePrinter "47,013 bought tickets,'"
...the truth will set you free.

Quote: ThePrinter " how they felt is YOUR OPINION and isn't automatically correct no matter how much you claim.'"

nah...I bet they were all lunatic masochists who bought the tickets not caring who won...I bet some of them were millwall fans just buying up Chelsea's allocation to spite their hated rivals d040.gif d040.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4938
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18261_1413138907.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18261.jpg

Quote: loiner81 "Now we're getting somewhere. So your original point was that the RFL definitely and purposely "made up" the figures?'"

If the RFL's audience figures don't correspond with BARB's officially published figures, then whose figures do they correspond with?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png

Quote: William Eve "If the RFL's audience figures don't correspond with BARB's officially published figures, then whose figures do they correspond with?'"

Be fair Bill. Knock-Down Nigel's bumper book of Spin has delivered so much in the way of Legacy from the RLWC, surely the odd "mistake" can be expected icon_cool.gif

BTW.....BARB take the entire viewing figure for the programme and create their own average. This is the industry standard figure that is accepted by agents and advertisers alike. The RFL did nothing wrong except compare the BARB averaged figure from 2013 with the "raw" data from 2014......if they had waited a couple of weeks then they would have been accurate/precise, but they got ahead of themselves and now they look stupid.

at Least the adjusted average figure makes the TV deal starting in 2017 but agreed no look a little better than it did before icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: gutterfax "Nice try....but I mentioned and then you hung your hat on 2 events.....16 at both, so 16 Australian and 16 NON Australian.....yet you claim them both as AUSTRALIAN SPORTS. '"

Nice try yourself, you tried to make out that I was saying Wellington was an Australian city, I clearly didn't. At least you haven't descended into childish lines to deflect away from your lack of decent argument and knowledge of the current state of English football.

Quote: gutterfax "If Sid James were alive he could play you in "carry on failing" (babs Windsor as loiner81)
Oh wait, scrap that.

Quote: gutterfax "They paid to get in....47,013/98.35% of the grounds worth.....'"

Bless you thinking everyone paid to get in. Interesting how you and Billy think everyone who enters a RL match does so on a discounted ticket (oh apart from Bill who ALLEGEDLY bought all his full price but then brags about get cheap tv contracts and plane flights

You asked me one question that you wanted a yes/no answer to. I replied "I did say that".......now granted that's not a word-for-word a "yes", but it's a pretty clearly saying yes. A man of your claimed intelligence should've got the jist of that surely?

So whose deflecting by claiming I didn't answer questions?

Go back and double check if you like, it's still there........now how about the questions you've been asked?

Quote: gutterfax "I'll stop you there. You admit to agreeing with Starbug......who was discussing ATTENDANCES in the cup based on his TV viewing.'"

Yes and as explained before, but you're struggling to understand I went on to mention something else.

Quote: gutterfax "Irrelevant. the attendance door wasn't shut because you used a full stop.......attendances were still by association (no pun intended) still on the table.
The rest of your comments about City/Chelsea were objective'"

Note, something isn't irrelevant just because you don't want it to be because you've based your original argument on something else.

Quote: gutterfax ".....47,013 disagree with you and paid to do so!'"

Really? You asked them all if they disagreed with me?

Quote: gutterfax "The FA cup may well be in the eyes of many, not as important as the Premiership and the Champions League, but it is no way, in any way shape or form, as terminally in decline as the Challenge cup. To say that is makes you and your ilk nothing short of apologists for the RFL....knock down Nigel posters must adorn your bedroom wall.....4 of them...one for each wall....with a bit of ceiling covered too!'"

Sorry must have missed the bit where I said the CC was doing great or the RFL were amazing, or mentioned Nigel Wood. Truth is the CC isn't as important as it was, I've never claimed it to be, it's you here that is hopelessly defending a cup competition, not me.

The FA Cup isn't in decline no.......just got Premiership managers saying they wish they didn't have to compete in it lol.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3479
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11388_1517050763.jpg
[quote="Gotcha in 2016":12w08s93]McDermott is going. I actually think he is more relaxed because of it, and seems to have let the shackles go. He apparently asked to finish the season, and that is what they agreed.[/quote:12w08s93] :lol: :lol: :lol::d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11388.jpg

Quote: William Eve "If the RFL's audience figures don't correspond with BARB's officially published figures, then whose figures do they correspond with?'"

I've no idea, why not ask them?
And that's not what i asked you though is it?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3479
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11388_1517050763.jpg
[quote="Gotcha in 2016":12w08s93]McDermott is going. I actually think he is more relaxed because of it, and seems to have let the shackles go. He apparently asked to finish the season, and that is what they agreed.[/quote:12w08s93] :lol: :lol: :lol::d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11388.jpg

Quote: gutterfax "actually, I'll answer the question of the blitzkrieg poster when he admits he is wrong......
actually, I mentioned the 2 New Zealand based events playing English sports to counter the outlandish claim that people attend games but don't care about the results.

I'm all over this particular debate my little "33 years supporting Leeds at full price" buddy......47,013 or 98% of the available capacity of the stadium DID care enough to pay to watch it.....rendering the comparison of the FA cup and Challenge Cup void.....useless and kaput!

BTW......by again, do you mean when I predicted 360k attendance at the RLWC? Get over it pal......I predicted that probably over 18 months ago now.....there's a whole new season of SL shenanigans to rip into now......things to get excited about only to find you've been spoon fed bull......ask your mate Billy to show you how the BARB figures work again
Oh dear, you've just reinforced everything I said about you at the bottom of page 12 of this thread.

Nicely done icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member782No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: William Eve "[sizeBREAKING NEWS!!![/size

RFL discovered to be talking bollox rlHERErl about the record breaking, smashing all box office records figure of 353,000 viewers tuning into the Wigan V Huddersfield opening SL fixture on Sky Sports 1 on Friday 7th Feb.

The actual viewing figure was 243,000 according to w/e 9 Feb 2014
000's
1 LIVE FORD SUPER SUNDAY - MATCH (SUN 1525) 1,910
2 LIVE FORD MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (MON 1900) 1,598
3 LIVE FORD SUPER SUNDAY - MATCH (SUN 1230) 1,133
4 FORD SATURDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL LIVE (SAT 1657) 697
5 FL72 LIVE - YEOVIL V LEEDS (SAT 1200) 374
6 GILLETTE SOCCER SATURDAY 09-10 (SAT 1500) 338
7 LIVE PREMIER LEAGUE DARTS/#PREMIER LEAGU (THU 1900 284
8 LIVE SUPER LEAGUE (FRI 1900) 243
9 REAL MADRID V AT MADRID-LIVE (WED 1855) 241
10 REAL SOCIEDAD V LEVANTE-LIVE (SUN 1830) 219
...(*Source

They also told porkies about the viewing figures for the Aviva Premiership game on BT Sport 1 which registered 75,000 viewers according to BARB as opposed to the 65,200 claimed by the RFL.

BT Sport 1
w/e 9 Feb 2014
000's
1 BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE (SAT 1200) 973
2 FA CUP (WED 1915) 127

3 AVIVA PREMIERSHIP RUGBY (FRI 1900) 75
4 FRENCH LIGUE 1 (SUN 1955) 51
5 AVIVA PREMIERSHIP RUGBY (SAT 1830) 45
6 AVIVA PREMIERSHIP RUGBY (SUN 1200) 44
7 NBA (SAT 1506) 40
8 SERIE A (MON 1943) 29
9 GOAL! BUNDESLIGA PREVIEW (THU 2059) 24
10 FRENCH LEAGUE CUP (TUE 195icon_cool.gif 20
...(* Source

To summarise the RFL horse earlier this week.....
1. The 353,000 was actually 243,000 which was less than the 251,000 viewers who tuned into the Widnes V Wakey SL opener in 2012.

2. The alleged 38% increase in viewing figures on last season's SL opener was actually 29% (243K v 188K).

3. The alleged extra 288,000 viewers tuning into Super League on 7th Feb which was alleged to be 543% higher than the alleged viewers for the Union game on the much smaller BT Sport subscription base was actually an extra 168,000 which is 324% higher (243K v 75K).

4. I expect the RFL viewing comparison to BDO Darts on Eurosport (A desperate RFL or what? Well, they are hardly going to compare the figures with Premier League Darts for obvious reasons
the 353 is not actually 243.

one is a peak figure and one is an average figure.

chances are all three figures are more than likely right. like i have posted elsewhere.

my take on it is...

353 is obviously the peak figure

299 might be the average from 8pm kickoff till the game finishes

243 is the average from the start of the program (730pm) till the end (10pm)

just on peaks, averages (and how they work) and that city game

man city v chelsea PEAKED WITH 6.01M, The full programme averaged 4.57M

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png

Quote: bamber "

man city v chelsea PEAKED WITH 6.01M, The full programme averaged 4.57M'"

Is that the sound of the printer slashing his wrists?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8991
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47035_1386433761.gif
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47035.gif

Can I just remind people whether you enjoy this bickering or not, please stop avoiding the swear filter with starts of words plus **!!£££ etc.

If you are going to swear just do it and let the filter amend. Or just put in ******** and leave it to everyone's own imagination.

Alternate spellings and O**er get around's are annoying.

Alternatively the grown ups could try using a thesaurus and start being more creative with their vocabulary.

Happy Bickering!!!!!

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: gutterfax "Is that the sound of the printer slashing his wrists?'"

A peak of 6 million......wow.....only another 22 million to go until they match the 28 million that watched Chelsea vs Leeds in 1970 final.

202 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
202 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.00830078125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC