FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Virtual Terrace > Bulls latest (sorry forgot to change title)
583 posts in 40 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member28736No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4397_1335909374.png
@chemical_viking:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4397.png

If the unthinkable happens and they do get demoted to the lower leagues, who is going to be promoted in their stead and what sort of package will they get in terms of time? Would hardly be fair to give them two years, wouldn't be fair on others to give them 5.

Could be an interesting one.

I think Fax are the obvious team to give a chance and they already qualify to make a bid. And I don't buy all this "they've had their chance" crap. Every club deserves to have its day. I don't think a club trying and potentially failing is worse than never giving anyone a chance and given a chance they're not going to be too far behind what we have now already. Although losing Bradford will be a massive massive loss for league and questions have to be asked about just how poorly they've been ran in recent years.

At this stage its quite speculative, I do hope for the fans sake that something happens for Bradford.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

There is no way Bradford will exit SL. Plain fact is, a club with a 10,000 fan base shouldn't be playing Championship rugby in its current form. It doesn't make sense.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59880_1480501182.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59880.jpg

Unfortunately it's looking like we're heading for liquidation. Both bids rejected.

Think we're the only sport where we have people interested in investing in a club and our governing body rejects it. Wouldn't happen anywhere else!!! I don't have a problem with the RFL refusing "conditional offers". But what is infuriating me is the RFL giving potential investors no infromation on what they will be investing in. How can the RFL expect someone to pay £3 million when the investor has no idea what they are investing in. You can't say to someone, "pay £3 million and afterwards we will let you know whether you've brought a full time super league club, or a part time championship club"

The RFL should come out and be clear whether they will keep us in SL, or put us in the championship, that way they will be no conditional offers and everyone knows what they are investing in.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4397_1335909374.png

Quote: littlerich "There is no way Bradford will exit SL. Plain fact is, a club with a 10,000 fan base shouldn't be playing Championship rugby in its current form. It doesn't make sense.'"

But if they are liquidated? If they have no backers? They've got a big problem and might not be able to continue. I think you're right that the RFL will do everything to make sure it doesn't happen but it's looking very very bad at the moment.

As for 10,000 fans, has part of the problem been the ticket deals they've been offering to get that volume of fans?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

OK, maybe they've got 8,000 full paying fans, on current form. It's still a healthy start. And as you say, there isn't another strong enough club to take their place.

Also, there has to be a "license" consequence for what has happened to Bradford - if you like, a deterrent to other clubs from being reckless. What should that be? Tricky.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4397_1335909374.png

Quote: littlerich "OK, maybe they've got 8,000 full paying fans, on current form. It's still a healthy start. And as you say, there isn't another strong enough club to take their place.

Also, there has to be a "license" consequence for what has happened to Bradford - if you like, a deterrent to other clubs from being reckless. What should that be? Tricky.'"

We haven't really got many options have we? And as always, it's the fans, all of them to a certain degree, who suffer the most.

J20
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6096No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45011_1321315422.jpg
This isn't a sleeping giant, it's a giant! Denis Betts Nov 2010 Twitter: @JoeyViking:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45011.jpg

Quote: Bull Mania "Unfortunately it's looking like we're heading for liquidation. Both bids rejected.

Think we're the only sport where we have people interested in investing in a club and our governing body rejects it. Wouldn't happen anywhere else!!! I don't have a problem with the RFL refusing "conditional offers". But what is infuriating me is the RFL giving potential investors no infromation on what they will be investing in. How can the RFL expect someone to pay £3 million when the investor has no idea what they are investing in. You can't say to someone, "pay £3 million and afterwards we will let you know whether you've brought a full time super league club, or a part time championship club"

The RFL should come out and be clear whether they will keep us in SL, or put us in the championship, that way they will be no conditional offers and everyone knows what they are investing in.'"

In fairness any Sport that has P&R gives no guarantee's of staying in the top flight. If anything you should expect less guarantee's under a licence system.

Have full sympathy with Bulls fans as I would any clubs support in this mess. HOWEVER, in my opinion of Bradford were to be liquidated under this current system there is no way they should be allowed to continue un-touched in SL. What sort of message does that send out to clubs in and outside of SL?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach14302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17123_1311448581.jpg
If you only knew the POWER of the dark side.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17123.jpg

Quote: Bull Mania "Unfortunately it's looking like we're heading for liquidation. Both bids rejected.

The RFL should come out and be clear whether they will keep us in SL, or put us in the championship, that way they will be no conditional offers and everyone knows what they are investing in.'"
How do you know they have not had any feedback?

With regard to the franchise situation (I am guessing that is what you meant) the RFL can't just give the new owners a blank cheque on a certain licence for the next 2 years because if they do then they have to give that same certainty to everyone.
That is something they were at pains to say was not something they could promise when the new licences were issued.

Also does anyone know if the bidders are offering the full price for Odsal with a promise that the Bulls will stay at Odsal (Iconic RL stadium)?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: Bull Mania "Think we're the only sport where we have people interested in investing in a club and our governing body rejects it.'"

Likewise, I can't think of any sport where the governing body buys out a financially restrictive lease agreement on behalf of a club as a way of giving financial assistance to it ......financial assistance that has previously been denied to other clubs who have also gone on record saying they were in trouble....clubs such as Wakefield, whom I believe were also one of the original clubs to form the Northern Union, but whom unlike Bradford, don't have a ground worthy of the same level of historical protection given to oddslum by the RFL.

Selective memory from Bradford fans will do them or their clubs image no favours.....what happened up to adminsitration is nobody's fault other than the management......since administration, I suspect that the only people interested in "owning" bradford have been after Oddslum......and the RFL will have made a judgement call based on the facts they have in front of them....remember, they bought the ground to protect it as a RL stadium....I seem to recall a lot of approval for this move to protect the stadium....now the RFL are the bad guys for......er....protecting it!
rlhttp://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/9490230.RFL_s_surprise_swoop_to_buy_Odsal_Stadium/rl

Quote: Bull Mania "Hood added

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach14082No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9857_1341488583.jpg
WEST COAST PIRATES NRL expansion? Sometime soon, maybe......:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_9857.jpg

At least the RFL are getting a decent assets with odsal.

I imagine the proposed new owners want that asset and want a guaranteed license beyond the next round. RFL are right to deny them both IMO.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1432No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2013Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

'"

Listen, quit your moaning theres nothing the RFL can do. Licensing states that a team can have their license revoked at any time. So for the RFL to accept the conditions and guarantee bradfords super league status they'd be tarnishing the integrity of the competition and the sport.

The RFL's hands are tied.

The game is bigger than your club.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1432No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2013Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Bull Mania "

That is something they cannot do, because clubs have to vote on it. And although the RFL have the final authority they will go with the majority on a vote. To overule the majority of club chairmen would be stupid.

The rfl can't just guarantee things like that. Theres procedures in place.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1432No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2013Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Chris Dalton " And as always, it's the fans, all of them to a certain degree, who suffer the most.'"

That is just life though.

Don't send the dad to jail for fraud, his kids and family will miss him and suffer.

The fans are......just collateral damage.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1432No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2013Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: J20 "
Have full sympathy with Bulls fans as I would any clubs support in this mess. HOWEVER, in my opinion of Bradford were to be liquidated under this current system there is no way they should be allowed to continue un-touched in SL. What sort of message does that send out to clubs in and outside of SL?'"

My sympathy wanes dramatically when some of their fans now almost have the attitude it's the RFL's fault and that they have an obligation to accept the consortium's bid for the bulls.

The RFL have gone above and beyond the help the bulls. The bulls have recieved special treatment IMO.

You stick a salford in that situation and the RFL would have let them rot. There'd be no advancing of payments, of helping out with the ground. They'd have been thrown to the dogs.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1432No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2013Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Asim "According to news from a public meeting tonight the administrator has extended the deadline to the 31 August, so he's obviously confident he'll be paid for work done up until then.

I can only imagine that means the RFL have agreed to pay the August wages/advance due payments again.'"

It's just prolonging the agony. We all know how this will end. Endgame will happen after the bulls fulfill their fixtures.

Theres still some hope with this other bid apart from abc. But i'm not sure they'll have the financial clout once they go over the numbers fully.

So the bulls will be able to complete their fixtures, reducing the impact on the rest of the competition and then will liquidate at seasons end when all options have been exhausted. Most likely then a team from the championship will be admitted in their place.

The bulls will then need to 'somejow' start up again and go into the championship.

583 posts in 40 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
583 posts in 40 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.96484375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Questions for Ste Mills
vastman
5m
Grand final Tickets
WWste
6m