JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It is time to look ahead with a new coach and a new England team captain.
Last Saturday's game was England's best performance for decades. A real one off but we, again, lost.
McNamara has to take responsibility for a very large part of that. He has had four years yet a times in this World Cup England were poor. The Italy game was a very poor result. His squad selection was poor, team selection poor, reults poor, performances in the WC and Exiles game were poor. We have to look for someone better to get better performances and results.
Now the WC is over there are no more Test Matches until next Autumn. We don't need a full time England coach.
Make the job part time and then approach the trophy winning club coaches about taking the England job part time.
Also asking Wayne Bennett to take up a part time consultancy role would help the new man, just as he did with Kearney in the 2008 World Cup.

RankPostsTeam
International Star578No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Jan 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: salford1970 "
She offered him a chance after the semi to redeem himself and he messed it up big time. He was measured and pleasant in his response to her first few questions but the moment she offered him a chance to show compassion he spat it in her face.

'"

I think you'll find it was Damien Johnson that was interviewing McNamara after the semi-final. The BBC haven't let Tanya Arnold near him since the Ireland game.

j.c
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6858
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

22/03/2013 Get LEIGH outta wigan:

All mcNamara said was,'its not been a difficult at all ,its been a great campaign & we've done things the right way.
HTF some of you can find reasons to throw hissy fits after hearing that statement i'll never know.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2931No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15252_1297730111.jpg
[color=#FF0000:dd3r80vu][b:dd3r80vu]I HATE ALL THE PIES[/b:dd3r80vu][/color:dd3r80vu]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15252.jpg

Quote: Albion "Reports in League Express that he could become the backs coach at Bath RU'"

That's Kyle Eastmond screwed then ! icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star3879
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66815_1344197625.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66815.jpeg

I think tactically Macnamara got it wrong with insufficient support on the bench which showed towards the end of the game.

Think Mossop should have been on the bench and used especially for those last 15 mins when NZ had a roll on. It was a tired head high tackle by George Burgess.

The discipline issue also seemed to be a concern. Hock kicked out of squad and Graham, arguably the Worlds best prop not playing against Australia.... Had he played and we'd won wouldn't we have faced Fiji in the semi final? Our pack against Aus were outmuscled and Tom Burgess out of his depth... Graham and SB up front it could have been different.

The 'chase' issue poorly handled where Widdop was given little game time before the semi final and when give a chance showed a more direct approach required and a lot better England performance ensued.

Despite all that they were brilliant and deserved to win!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman8134No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Imagine how good they could have been with a good coach, quality squad management and team selection.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3169No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13707_1295067214.jpg
"Arguably the best Rugby League side certainly in the last 40 years!" Phil Clarke.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13707.jpg

Quote: asmadasa "I think tactically Macnamara got it wrong with insufficient support on the bench which showed towards the end of the game.

Think Mossop should have been on the bench and used especially for those last 15 mins when NZ had a roll on. It was a tired head high tackle by George Burgess.

The discipline issue also seemed to be a concern. Hock kicked out of squad and Graham, arguably the Worlds best prop not playing against Australia.... Had he played and we'd won wouldn't we have faced Fiji in the semi final? Our pack against Aus were outmuscled and Tom Burgess out of his depth... Graham and SB up front it could have been different.

The 'chase' issue poorly handled where Widdop was given little game time before the semi final and when give a chance showed a more direct approach required and a lot better England performance ensued.

Despite all that they were brilliant and deserved to win!'"

Hold on! He got criticism from some quarters for not sending Graham home! Even Hock was crying about being treated differently. He took the decision to drop Graham for the Australia game but now you're saying if he'd played we might have won and played Fiji instead. Yeah, I could see everyone backing that decision. You may be right and we may have beaten Australia in the opener but there's only one person to blame for James Graham not playing and that's James Graham. He put McNamara in a position where he had no alternative. Whether he stays or goes he's done a decent enough job this time despite being let down by some big daft lads who couldn't keep off the booze for a month!

RankPostsTeam
International Star4239No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

实事求是!:

All the mcnamara nay sayers and people criticising his management with f*ck all knowledge of what happened can suck it

He has dealt with things strongly and that has laid a great platform for years to come, because if he hadn’t been as strong it would have sent out the wrong message, not only to our squad, but the England Knights and the Under-18s. We are striving to be No 1 in the world and if we are going to bridge that gap we have to make sure that the off-field stuff is done just as well as the on-field stuff.

I am sure Steve has got a number of career options now but I hope he stays on as England coach. A lot of people have opinions from outside and question certain things and I get all that, especially some of the selection stuff, but when you are inside and know what is happening you realise what a great job he has done. Everybody inside has 100 per cent respect for him. [/i

RankPostsTeam
International Star4239No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

实事求是!:

Quote: Father Ted "Imagine how good they could have been with a good coach, quality squad management and team selection.'"

dine on excrement moron. You know nothing.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6693No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: FlexWheeler "All the mcnamara nay sayers and people criticising his management with f*ck all knowledge of what happened can suck it

He has dealt with things strongly and that has laid a great platform for years to come, because if he hadn’t been as strong it would have sent out the wrong message, not only to our squad, but the England Knights and the Under-18s. We are striving to be No 1 in the world and if we are going to bridge that gap we have to make sure that the off-field stuff is done just as well as the on-field stuff.

I am sure Steve has got a number of career options now but I hope he stays on as England coach. A lot of people have opinions from outside and question certain things and I get all that, especially some of the selection stuff, but when you are inside and know what is happening you realise what a great job he has done. Everybody inside has 100 per cent respect for him. [/i'"

Just wait for the 'but he's got to say that' posts.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1450
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1673_1436275874.jpg
Jamie Jones-Buchanan "I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire" And neither would any Lancastrian.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1673.jpg

Think he's had one competition and come oh so close to exceeding everyone's expectations it would be mad to get shut of him now.

The players back him, he's found the courage to drop ego players taken media flak that IMO no England coach has had to face in the past. The learning curve he's been through would all be wasted.

I'd give until at least after the next World Cup.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59880_1480501182.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59880.jpg

Quote: FlexWheeler "All the mcnamara nay sayers and people criticising his management with f*ck all knowledge of what happened can suck it

I am sure Steve has got a number of career options now but I hope he stays on as England coach. A lot of people have opinions from outside and question certain things and I get all that, especially some of the selection stuff, but when you are inside and know what is happening you realise what a great job he has done. Everybody inside has 100 per cent respect for him. [/i'"

Again results speak for themselves. Time to move on, why do we continue to accept mediocrity.

2008, Australia were not just beating, but destroying everything in sight. They got caught cold by NZ. One poor performance in god knows how many years. Australia change coaches because they have such high standards!

I just cannot see how some people think 1 win in 7 against OZ & NZ makes someone a good coach. He has brought some very excellent ideas in that will benefit England long term. But he has made some very poor mistakes.

Mcnamra had put everything into this tournament and fallen short. What else can he bring over the next 4 years that he hasn't the last 3?

Oh and finally, what does Paul Anderson think of Danny Brough... Take that Brough haters icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member9565No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif
:fonds noir/Buzz Lightyear.gif

Mediocrity? You are clearly simply a sulking Bulls fan with personal issues re McNamara.

If you don't believe you just witnessed a very physical game between two very high-quality, evenly matched sides, you could always ask SBW - ''I don't think I have felt like that before on a footy field,'' Williams said. ''It was such an intense game. It felt like 12 rounds [in the boxing ring]. As you can see from the bruises on my face and on my body, I am pretty banged up but I will be ready to go next week."

Or ask JWH, who was in tears after the game.

Suggesting that loss was in any way comparable to previous ones we've suffered, against what is rated by many as one of the best NZ sides of all time is frankly ridiculous.

Again, McNamara's record at the Bulls is completely irrelevant to how he has done the job for England. If you don't understand that, then as I say, you're just another sulking Bulls fan. You obviously think your former player Sam Burgess is lying or too scared to say anything but good things about McNamara too.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman5480No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Oct 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
187.jpg
[img:2penstlp]http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5994/saints7sk.gif[/img:2penstlp] "...the biggest boor, the most opinionated pompous bigot that frequents these boards and he is NOT to be taken at all seriously. ":187.jpg

Quote: FlexWheeler "dine on excrement moron. You know nothing.'"

You're getting a bit OTT here, mate. People are entitled to disagree on this issue without turning to that sort of abuse. There's been decent points made on both sides, mostly.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8991
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47035_1386433761.gif
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47035.gif

I was not a Mcnamara fan, I thought it was a mistake him getting the job.

I thought he took the right line discipline wise with the drunken players. (They really let the side down with that amateurishness)

I think he should have dropped Chase after the first 2 games, but I don't know whether Widdop was fit and in the 3rd game chase put together a decent 20 mins once we where on top so I can see why he would pick him for France hoping that his form had turned a corner. But faced with that performance he had to drop him as we would not have done better with him in the side.

Would I keep him??? On balance I would say no.
It's a close call, but he has been 4 years out of the regular coaching game, he has had 4 years to put this squad and this regime together. If there is a decent choice out there then the RFL should take it. If there is not a decent choice or only the offer of part-time then we should stick with Steve.

But the game moves on and so must we. I am not a hater and I think I was wrong with my initial thoughts on him 4 years ago. His time has been a success and he has made massive progress with the team, but if there is someone of quality available we should give them a shot too.

I rather like giving a 4 year turn around. Not too into the 1 or 2 year deals and I feel that is what we would offer steve now. A 1 year deal to see if he can pulling it off next year in the 4 nations.

Or maybe that's what we need 1 more year. Which would put the next England coach on 3 years to go one step further at the next world cup, then a year after a world cup to find a replacement.

But I would not give another 4 years, so not another WC.

176 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
176 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.17529296875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
Uncle Rico
30m
2025 membership/renewals
Armavinit
Recent
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Lower Crease
Recent
Best Semi
Barstool Pre
Recent
Seth Nikotemo
Start@1873
Recent
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
Recent
Film game
Boss Hog
Recent
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
BP1
Recent
Proposed rule changes 2025
tad rhino
Recent
Man of Steel
matt_wire
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Rumours thread
vastman
1m
Lower Crease
1m
Uncle Rico
1m
tad rhino
1m
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
2m
Season 2024
tomtom84
3m
Film game
Boss Hog
3m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
3m
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
3m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Best Semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Lower Crease
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
TODAY
tad rhino
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Armavinit
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Uncle Rico
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 2,885 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 Sat 5th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22