Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Oct 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44747_1304271884.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44747.png

Quote: SmokeyTA "Castleford may have been doing just fine before, but just fine isnt good enough anymore. It isnt the 1960's anymore.'"

Right, you do know that not every team can be in and around the top of the table every year? eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

But shh stop talking sense Smokey will come and multi-quote you and make weak baseless judgements that he will keep going with until you get bored of him and stop replying eusa_shhh.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Gaslight "Right, you do know that not every team can be in and around the top of the table every year?
Yes, and neither Castleford nor Wakefield have been consistently at the top for nearly 50 years, Castleford havent won anything for 20 years. They arent comfortably top 8 quality, thats why they didnt get in the top 8 last year, they are miles behind Leeds, Wigan, Saints, Warrington, Huddersfield and Hull KR, and there are only two more places left, with teams like Salford, Bradford Hull, Crusaders, Les Catalans all more than capable of making it into the top 8 ahead of Castleford.

You may want to pretend everything is rosy, you may want to pretend the stadium is guaranteed to be built and that it will be the catalyst to propel Castleford to the level of clubs which are currently doubling their attendance, but there is nothing out there to suggest that is the case, and even less to guarantee it being there.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: braytontiger "ive thought long and hard of the pros and cons of a merger with wakefield.

my take on it is that its probably a non starter,rugby league is more than a game to the people of castleford its our identity and a way of life and to rock the boat would potentially cause greater dammage than people think,all the talk is of wakefield fans wouldnt follow a team based at glasshoughton but i also believe some castleford people wouldnt watch a wakefield district team based at glasshoughton.

most supporters see winning a grand final or getting to wembley has the pinicle of their club and whilst thats what every cas fan would love to see i think the majority are happy to follow a team that provides a career for local juniors and thrives on seeing our own on the field "something we are doing now" and im not too sure where wakefield fit in with this.

for my money wakey need to start a fresh and re-build in the championship and hopefully progress from their,clubs like eastmoor,stanley and crigglestone are good providers for wakefield and this where they need to concentrate and get a team full of local lads and the supporters will stand by them and they may also be very suprised by the standard of rugby in the nl,teams always bang on about super league but lets be honest the rfl are turning it into a circus where the colour of the seat and location on the map are far more important than the game and in the long run this will dammage the sport.

only my opinion.'"

Thats fair enough, but it seems fairly unambitious for both Cas and Wakefield. Is the elite level really the place for clubs who are happy just to provide a career for local juniors? This isnt a bad thing, in fact it is a good thing, but is the elite level the place for it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3829
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18686.jpg
In Springfield, they're eating the dogs, the people that came in. They're eating the cats! They're eating the pets!:18686.jpg

Quote: Gaslight "Which could also be done by the club WITHOUT being merged, this has happened bother in the past and starting to happen now, Cas are able to pick up the best juniors in the district ahead of Wakefield, have a larger fan base and are a more financially viable business.

The fact is Smokey, as usual is just trying to bore people into agreeing with him, Cas are doing fine without Wakefield, and have been for 70 odd years, and with the new ground WILL be up with the "bigger" teams, it's just a common and crap thought that fans of other clubs (usually Leeds, not surprisingly) that Cas & Wakefield should merge, when in fact they shouldn't, especially when you consider they never work.

What I fail to understand is why people THINK and BELIEVE that Cas NEED a merger
icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

I hope you’re not counting me as one of the people he is boring into agreement?

That’s Smokey’s take on it, not mine.

But in a climate of Cas fans thinking their practically over the winning line, the M word rears its head, what irony.

A bit like Gandalf copping for the Balrog’s whip.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5793No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014May 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32116.jpg
when the score got to 50 we shouted for more, up popped brad davis went over for four..... ......and its no nay never no nay never no more will we face religation...... big barrie mac.' the cas forads av been bob on' [quote="chissitt":3gx4tjo6]Pyeman I wish you would stop talking so much sense. I am in danger of becomming one of your biggest fans. :lol:[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="vastman":3gx4tjo6]Westerman looks the most promising for a long time.[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Leyther_Matt":3gx4tjo6]The best proper 'rugby pub' in the country has to be the Boot Room at Cas[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Bolton_Warrior":3gx4tjo6]The only time I ever doubted going to watch Wigan was when we bare face cheated to stay in superleague[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Danril":3gx4tjo6] Last night, despite being poor and not deserving the win, we should have won.[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [img:3gx4tjo6]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/castigers.gif[/img:3gx4tjo6]:32116.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "Thats fair enough, but it seems fairly unambitious for both Cas and Wakefield. Is the elite level really the place for clubs who are happy just to provide a career for local juniors? This isnt a bad thing, in fact it is a good thing, but is the elite level the place for it.'"

If cas can do better than any team that would replace them, yes its, if cas are wanting to grow as a club as well the answer is also yes. Over the last few years cas have improved in youth development, crowds (though we did have a blip last year with two games being rearanged resulting in our attendancing dipping), sponsorship, community programs and we have made strides towards the ground (which will be built for next year just not the start of the season). We are doing what the rfl has asked clubs to do in the franchise system, we are growing as a club, which hasnt been easy after being set back years by our first relegation.

Cas could claim they are going to win sl every year but no team will without a a very rich man behind them to buy the top coaches and pay transfer fees for the best players, if we get a sugar daddy we will have as much chance of anyone of doing so in a salary cap system, in fact with the strides we have made in youth development i would say we would have a better chance than more than half the teams in the league. You yourself have argued that the way to success is to develop local talent.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6344No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27668_1549011243.png
Twitter : @TheResidentPete:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_27668.png

Quote: SmokeyTA "

The two hull teams may do in time, Leeds, Bradford, Wigan, Saints, Warrington are all superior to Castleford and Wakefield.

'"

and you was doing so well. icon_stupid.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach695No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2014Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11047.jpg
:11047.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "Yes, and neither Castleford nor Wakefield have been consistently at the top for nearly 50 years, Castleford havent won anything for 20 years. They arent comfortably top 8 quality, thats why they didnt get in the top 8 last year, they are miles behind Leeds, Wigan, Saints, Warrington, Huddersfield and Hull KR, and there are only two more places left, with teams like Salford, Bradford Hull, Crusaders, Les Catalans all more than capable of making it into the top 8 ahead of Castleford.

You may want to pretend everything is rosy, you may want to pretend the stadium is guaranteed to be built and that it will be the catalyst to propel Castleford to the level of clubs which are currently doubling their attendance, but there is nothing out there to suggest that is the case, and even less to guarantee it being there.'"

If the stadium is built, i would like to think it has the same effect that the new stadium for Warrington did, i'm using them as an example because Cas and Warrington for many years were similar clubs in team ability and attendances, if anything Cas were always just that bit better, when Warrington got their new ground it took them to another level above Cas, and hopefully the same will happen for Cas in the near future.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5793No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014May 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32116.jpg
when the score got to 50 we shouted for more, up popped brad davis went over for four..... ......and its no nay never no nay never no more will we face religation...... big barrie mac.' the cas forads av been bob on' [quote="chissitt":3gx4tjo6]Pyeman I wish you would stop talking so much sense. I am in danger of becomming one of your biggest fans. :lol:[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="vastman":3gx4tjo6]Westerman looks the most promising for a long time.[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Leyther_Matt":3gx4tjo6]The best proper 'rugby pub' in the country has to be the Boot Room at Cas[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Bolton_Warrior":3gx4tjo6]The only time I ever doubted going to watch Wigan was when we bare face cheated to stay in superleague[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [quote="Danril":3gx4tjo6] Last night, despite being poor and not deserving the win, we should have won.[/quote:3gx4tjo6] [img:3gx4tjo6]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/castigers.gif[/img:3gx4tjo6]:32116.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "

I think some of them would yes, i think it would be niave to think otherwise. I have been to games at Wakefield, and Castleford and Bradford when Leeds arent playing because I enjoy RL. If Leeds ceased to exist for whatever reason I wouldn't stop enjoying RL. I would simply go watch one of the other clubs in the area.

As i said i dont believe all 6k of Wakefields fans would move over, but i dont doubt that if marketed and sold properly within 5 years we would see at least 70% of them do so. With likely around 30-50% immediately, moving to the merged club and seeing attendances of around 9-11k'"

Theres a big differance between attending the odd game at another club and becoming a regular supporter, that attends game week in week out and buy merchandise, you have to have a passion for the club to do that.

I've no idea where you come up with those number as it cant be from talking to fans, theres no way wakey fans would come over in such numbers, to even have a chance at getting half those numbers you would have to call the team wakefield and the amount of cas fans that would support a team called wakefield would be in the hundreds at best.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Cas Man "If the stadium is built, i would like to think it has the same effect that the new stadium for Warrington did, i'm using them as an example because Cas and Warrington for many years were similar clubs in team ability and attendances, if anything Cas were always just that bit better, when Warrington got their new ground it took them to another level above Cas, and hopefully the same will happen for Cas in the near future.'"

warrington got a new stadium + huge investment from Mr Moran. It was both that have fuelled their growth. Not one individually.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: pyeman "If cas can do better than any team that would replace them, yes its, if cas are wanting to grow as a club as well the answer is also yes. Over the last few years cas have improved in youth development, crowds (though we did have a blip last year with two games being rearanged resulting in our attendancing dipping), sponsorship, community programs and we have made strides towards the ground (which will be built for next year just not the start of the season). We are doing what the rfl has asked clubs to do in the franchise system, we are growing as a club, which hasnt been easy after being set back years by our first relegation.

Cas could claim they are going to win sl every year but no team will without a a very rich man behind them to buy the top coaches and pay transfer fees for the best players, if we get a sugar daddy we will have as much chance of anyone of doing so in a salary cap system, in fact with the strides we have made in youth development i would say we would have a better chance than more than half the teams in the league. You yourself have argued that the way to success is to develop local talent.'"

That isnt the case at all. Just being the best of however many teams doesnt mean you should be in the elite league, thats the reason we have an elite league.

If Cas's best aim is to simply offer a career to the local juniors and nobody below can offer more, we would be better cutting the size of SL.

And you dont need a sugar daddy to buy the best players or pay the full SC, both Leeds and Hull do it whilst making a profit. You could argue there are reasons Leeds and Hull can do this and Castleford cant, but they are simply reasons that SL may not be the right place for Cas.

The way to success is to develop local talent, but how many are you losing because you cant afford to keep them? If all the aim of Cas is to bring in local talent train them until 20/21/22 then let them go to the bigger clubs, they can do that in the championships.

If you are in SL, more is demanded of you.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: pyeman "Theres a big differance between attending the odd game at another club and becoming a regular supporter, that attends game week in week out and buy merchandise, you have to have a passion for the club to do that.

I've no idea where you come up with those number as it cant be from talking to fans, theres no way wakey fans would come over in such numbers, to even have a chance at getting half those numbers you would have to call the team wakefield and the amount of cas fans that would support a team called wakefield would be in the hundreds at best.'"

Even if you get half those numbers, its a ridiculously huge amount better than getting none of them.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1918No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2023Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47283_1267997591.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47283.jpg

Cas would stand an even better chance of success if a club like Leeds didn't spend so much time in the area cherry picking some of the young talent with promises of the world,freebies for the kids and match tickets & tours of the stadium for the parents.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman9721
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5885-54zedonite-msnicons.jpg
regards and ENJOY your sport Leaguefan "The Public wants what the Public gets" - Paul Weller:icons077e_files/5885-54zedonite-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Cas Man "If the stadium is built, i would like to think it has the same effect that the new stadium for Warrington did, i'm using them as an example because Cas and Warrington for many years were similar clubs in team ability and attendances, if anything Cas were always just that bit better, when Warrington got their new ground it took them to another level above Cas, and hopefully the same will happen for Cas in the near future.'"

Doncaster have a new stadium!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1452No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46042.jpg
[quote="Bonzo":23qz4bj5]Corrected. Incidentally, an exclamation mark ends a sentence and does not require a full stop. The first letter of the next word begins a new sentence and should therefore be capitalised. [i:23qz4bj5]Who needs flankers[/i:23qz4bj5]' grammar was actually correct. HTH. :BEAT:[/quote:23qz4bj5]:46042.jpg

Quote: Leaguefan "Doncaster have a new stadium!'"

Yes they do, and a very nice stadium it is too but they don't have bums on seats. At least Cas know if they build it the fans will come.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7779No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5525.jpg
NL1 champions elect 2007 NL1 Champs 2005 JULIEN RINALDI IS A CAS FAN Allez Les Catalans:5525.jpg

The fans are already there, Look at the NL1 Grand Final against Widnes. 10'000 Cas Fans.

216 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
216 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.6455078125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Recruitment rumours and links
Smiffy27
3m
Fev H Play Off
Bully_Boxer
9m
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
Vancouver Le
10m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13
14m
Film game
Boss Hog
20m
Tonights match v HKR
karetaker
26m
Questions for Ste Mills
Little willy
31m
Realistic targets for 2025
giddyupoldfe
37m
Shopping list for 2025
al283
51m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Shopping list for 2025
al283
57s
Film game
Boss Hog
59s
Tonights match v HKR
karetaker
1m
Leigh it is
moto748
1m
Broncos Ladies
jbuzza
1m
Season tickets
faxcar
1m
Sam Burgess
fez1
1m
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back Grand Finals
RLFANS News
1m
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
rubber ducki
1m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back Grand Finals
RLFANS News
TODAY
NRL
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth Consecutive Title
RLFANS News
TODAY
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
moto748
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RoyBoy29
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
Little willy
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
rubber ducki
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
fez1
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
karetaker
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
faxcar
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back..
Hunslet Book Relegation Play O..
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth..
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 3,165 ↓-19080,13314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
 FT
Hover 
Melbourne
6-14
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
 FT 
Keighley
6-20
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
 FT 
Bradford
25-12
Featherstone
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
 FT 
York V
18-8
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 13th Oct
       Championship 2024-R30
15:00
Swinton
v
Hunslet
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley6-20Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V18-8St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 6th Oct
L1
LIVE
Keighley6-20Hunslet
CH
LIVE
Bradford25-12Featherstone
WSL2024
LIVE
York V18-8St.HelensW
NRL
LIVE
Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Bradford 27 703 399 304 36
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 27 634 525 109 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22