OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Donnyman "

You also know full well Superleague clubs are required to develop juniors into pro-players and underpin a TV deal. The English clubs do this , the North American clubs can't do this and and French clubs have no desire - Catalans who follow the policy of shipping in overseas players do not, and Toulouse are set to follow that.

'"

Are you suggesting that SKY are concerned about how many players each club produces ?? Really ??
Sky are bothered about having something to broadcast, selling subscriptions and most importantly, selling advertising.

Do you think that they are in the least bit concerned about junior or academy development ?

To steal one of your favourite phrases, you made that up.

SL can insist that clubs produce X number of players as part of the "membership" of the league but, not Sky.

As far as "shipping in overseas players", have they (Catalan) broken any rules here ?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wrencat1873 "

Are you suggesting that SKY are concerned about how many players each club produces ?? Really ?? To steal one of your favourite phrases, you made that up.
SL can insist that clubs produce X number of players as part of the "membership" of the league but, not Sky.

As far as "shipping in overseas players", have they (Catalan) broken any rules here ?'"

I think you got the first point muddled up. It's the Supereague clubs that are primarily keen clubs have a full player development system, this however involves SKY who provide money for the foundations that promote Rugby league in Superleague club areas. After that it's the clubs who agreed development then needed SL clubs to have academies, and then they started to sort out reserves as well

Before COVID It was going this wayMartyn Sadler that made a scathing criticism of the club reflecting the criticisms that English Superleague sides have of the club as well. Gausch rarely ever attends SL meetings even though SL bosses demanded he did to explain why so much money was thrown at Folau (again rather than developing French players).

To answer your question I don't think Les Catalans are breaking the rules, BUT nor do I think that if the Superleague chairmen who are generally fed up to the back teeth with them would be breaking any rules excluding them in 2022. As for SKY they don't want overseas clubs full stop, but as McManus said they will concede a couple if that means expanding the game with more players and more TV money.

Finally (and thanks for the debate) it has always been the case that the "expansion of the game" involves clubs who develop more quality players to expand the playing pool and develop more paying TV deals to pay these players . Proof positive came from Eric Perez who said he would do this with TWP. Obviously TWP did neither and were booted out. Thing is Gausch does "Neither either" icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star1934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wrencat1873 "Are you suggesting that SKY are concerned about how many players each club produces ?? Really ??
Sky are bothered about having something to broadcast, selling subscriptions and most importantly, selling advertising.

Do you think that they are in the least bit concerned about junior or academy development ?

To steal one of your favourite phrases, you made that up.

As far as "shipping in overseas players", have they (Catalan) broken any rules here ?'"

All questions, no answers.

What DO Catalans bring to the tournament? Make the case considering;

They don't produce players.
When they reached a major final, ticket sales were the worst ever.
The profile of the comp has declined since their involvement.
France RL are if anything worse, and do not bring any interest to the value of international RL.

I could go on and Donny has (at great length).

You think Catalans are good for SL. Please tell us. What are the positives?

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Donnyman "I think you got the first point muddled up. It's the Supereague clubs that are primarily keen clubs have a full player development system, this however involves SKY who provide money for the foundations that promote Rugby league in Superleague club areas. After that it's the clubs who agreed development then needed SL clubs to have academies, and then they started to sort out reserves as well

Before COVID It was going this wayMartyn Sadler that made a scathing criticism of the club reflecting the criticisms that English Superleague sides have of the club as well. Gausch rarely ever attends SL meetings even though SL bosses demanded he did to explain why so much money was thrown at Folau (again rather than developing French players).

To answer your question I don't think Les Catalans are breaking the rules, BUT nor do I think that if the Superleague chairmen who are generally fed up to the back teeth with them would be breaking any rules excluding them in 2022. As for SKY they don't want overseas clubs full stop, but as McManus said they will concede a couple if that means expanding the game with more players and more TV money.

Finally (and thanks for the debate) it has always been the case that the "expansion of the game" involves clubs who develop more quality players to expand the playing pool and develop more paying TV deals to pay these players . Proof positive came from Eric Perez who said he would do this with TWP. Obviously TWP did neither and were booted out. Thing is Gausch does "Neither either"
Just for clarity on this.
Lets assume that Catalan (or any other overseas club) ran a reserve and academy side.
When and where do you propose that they play their fixtures, remembering that these fixtures dont usually fall all that conveniently ie on the same day as the first team - reserve games certainly dont and would the English clubs be happy to send their reserve and academy sides to France, when some of those players may get drafted into the first team squad at short notice ?
I have posed this question to you previously but, I dont think that you came up with an answer.?

RankPostsTeam
International Star6904
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73643_1666630451.jpeg
[img:v6cgff03]http://s26.postimg.org/9xie34xyh/leigh1.png[/img:v6cgff03]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73643.jpeg

Quote: wrencat1873 "Just for clarity on this.
Lets assume that Catalan (or any other overseas club) ran a reserve and academy side.
When and where do you propose that they play their fixtures, remembering that these fixtures dont usually fall all that conveniently ie on the same day as the first team - reserve games certainly dont and would the English clubs be happy to send their reserve and academy sides to France, when some of those players may get drafted into the first team squad at short notice ?
I have posed this question to you previously but, I dont think that you came up with an answer.?'"

Isn’t St Esteve, Catalans reserve team?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1242No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021May 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Rlfans - the most toxic rugby league forum in the world:

Quote: M@islebugs "All questions, no answers.

France RL are if anything worse, and do not bring any interest to the value of international RL.

You think Catalans are good for SL. Please tell us. What are the positives?'"

Only saints, Wigan and Leeds produce SL quality players. The rest shove a number 23 squad number on a random local amateur player to keep costs down.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain113
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2021Mar 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[color=#BF0040:3frwikxe][b:3frwikxe]Manly Warringah RLFC[/b:3frwikxe][/color:3frwikxe]:

Quote: wrencat1873 "Just for clarity on this.
I have posed this question to you previously but, I dont think that you came up with an answer.?'"

Look at F Estebanez, more suited to RL, if B Guasch spent big on development of local talent 99% of the best will be bought by RU clubs, and with all the travelling involved, I don't see the point of having Catalonia in SL. Just have British teams. Have a good semi-professional French league, and lets see what new laws RU come up with over the next 2 years. Wayne Pivac said yesterday he's expecting quite significant changes, meaning the sport will go closer to RL. Who knows, maybe a few wealthy French guys will just adopt RL laws, or very similar ones, as they say, never say never.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4334
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54039_1294695296.jpg
[b:p889vjdy][i:p889vjdy][color=#FF0000:p889vjdy]BULLSBOY2011:[/color:p889vjdy][/i:p889vjdy][/b:p889vjdy] [i:p889vjdy][color=#0000FF:p889vjdy][size=85:p889vjdy]'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'[/size:p889vjdy][/color:p889vjdy][/i:p889vjdy] [color=#FF40BF:p889vjdy]Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)[/color:p889vjdy]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_54039.jpg

Quote: atomic "Isn’t St Esteve, Catalans reserve team?'"

Yes. I have mentioned this before on this thread I think. Might have been the other one.

Makes me laugh when people accuse Catalans of not producing players when half of SL and vast majority of lower leagues don’t. Some don’t even have academies? Catalans may not be perfect but they are damn sight better than some.

Someone accused Toronto of not producing players. How can you expect to produce Championship/SL standard players in 4 years in a country that’s hardly ever played League and doesn’t have a decent amateur game? Stupid point. I do concede that they should have done more with the camps and players such as Quinn Ngawati, Joe Eichner, Rhys Jacks, Monti Gaddis etc though.

France as a county are going to be nowhere near the levels of England/GB in terms of talent. Our player pool is so much bigger, more hotbeds of RL, better amateur system, RL didn’t get banned over here whereas in France it was illegal for a time. That beds into culture and a whole generation or two will have played something else which filters down to their kids etc. If RL was banned in this country for a length of time we might only ever see an amateur game again if it did come back.

If there was a rule stating that at least 6-7 of the match day 17 had to be home grown. Catalans would probably still get playoffs or at least compete. A number of other clubs wouldn’t. I’ll let you decide which ones.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: atomic "Isn’t St Esteve, Catalans reserve team?'"

No.

It's not really......It's a way of pretending Catalans have a development system.

Let's just think about this. Junior French RL is still played around the south of France. 30,000 people are supposedly registered as RL players, so there is a significant game there. After a few years once Les Catalans got established in Superleague they put together an Academy side and Les Catalans academy used to be a good side that could easily hold it's own.

Currently there are no "Reserve teams" so NO St.Esteve are not a reserve team, they are a club in their own right. I don't think if all SL clubs had to have reserve teams that they would get away with such ideas that Milford were actually Leeds "A" or Lock Lane were in fact "Castleford "A"........

If St Esteve were their reserve team then can any of us make a list of St. Esteve juniors that have gravitated to a first team Catalans jersey??? The thing is I can name you (and already have) an almost full strength Les Catalans side that would contain no French players at all.

It's glaringly obvious that Les Catalans have no player development systems at all and their owner simply buys in the best English and antipodeans he can, some like Folau at an enormous cost that could easily have kept Catalans academy going.........

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Bulls Boy 2011 "

Makes me laugh when people accuse Catalans of not producing players when half of SL and vast majority of lower leagues don’t. Some don’t even have academies? Catalans may not be perfect but they are damn sight better than some.

'"

The lower leagues are not relevant to the debate at all. Professional Superleague clubs are supposed to run player development systems.

Catalans do not. They came into the game on the idea that they were the club that would develop French professionals to bring back the test matches, so why do you ignore that fact? They actually did set the systems up at one time and they worked....so they themselves conceded the requirement so why apologise for them now they have dumped it?

The only comparable club without much of a development system is Salford who struggle for money and risk their own inclusion in SL. Folau's wage would cover a return of the Catalans academy. Go figure.

Toulose are set to follow Les catalans, do you think it great that if they did this they would boot the French lads out of their team for Aussies? Perhaps have a chat with John Kear about the importance of junior development, your own club support it even if you somehow don't.....

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: WelshRL&RUwatcher "Look at F Estebanez, more suited to RL, if B Guasch spent big on development of local talent 99% of the best will be bought by RU clubs, and with all the travelling involved, I don't see the point of having Catalonia in SL. Just have British teams. Have a good semi-professional French league, and lets see what new laws RU come up with over the next 2 years. Wayne Pivac said yesterday he's expecting quite significant changes, meaning the sport will go closer to RL. Who knows, maybe a few wealthy French guys will just adopt RL laws, or very similar ones, as they say, never say never.'"

Are you suggesting that RL in France simply "surrenders" to RU ??

Every club that develops any player, risks them moving away to another club or Union or "down under".

I actually agree with Donny that each club should be developing a certain number of players.
However, you cant prevent them from moving clubs, it's not possible and it doesn't matter if we're talking about Catalan, Wigan or Castleford.
Each club should contribute to the player pool.

I find your comments on Union both interesting and disturbing in equal measure as you could apply those comments to ALL RL clubs and not just to Catalan.
As a sport RL should be trying to grow and improve but, despite having had 70/80 years head start over Union as a professional sport, we look like our decisions are being made by a few blokes in a small room at the back of the Local Working men's club.

As for RL in France becoming a semi professional sport and allowing RU to once again shove League into an ever smaller corner of France, I just despair.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain113
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2021Mar 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[color=#BF0040:3frwikxe][b:3frwikxe]Manly Warringah RLFC[/b:3frwikxe][/color:3frwikxe]:

Quote: wrencat1873 "Are you suggesting that RL in France simply "surrenders" to RU ??

Every club that develops any player, risks them moving away to another club or Union or "down under".

I actually agree with Donny that each club should be developing a certain number of players.
However, you cant prevent them from moving clubs, it's not possible and it doesn't matter if we're talking about Catalan, Wigan or Castleford.
Each club should contribute to the player pool.

I find your comments on Union both interesting and disturbing in equal measure as you could apply those comments to ALL RL clubs and not just to Catalan.
As a sport RL should be trying to grow and improve but, despite having had 70/80 years head start over Union as a professional sport, we look like our decisions are being made by a few blokes in a small room at the back of the Local Working men's club.

As for RL in France becoming a semi professional sport and allowing RU to once again shove League into an ever smaller corner of France, I just despair.'"

French RL is semi-professional. I read a couple of months ago that there's less money in French RL now than 20 yrs ago. Suppose that's due to the 2008 GFC, if it's true. England have a really good RL team who could win the WC, France don't, England has a full-time RL set-up across the clubs, France does not. It's therefore far less likely for the best English RL talent to go to Union, I don't care if they change RL clubs or go to the NRL, as long as they stay in RL.

Also France is still traumatised by WWII.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17195
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

I think you are well wide of the mark. I see Catalans as a 'real' team with history, and a good sized loyal fanbase that attend because they love RL not due to unsustainable cheap or free tickets.

Yes the travel means they won't ever take the largest crowd to Wembley, but the issue with Cup final crowds is the decline in neutral crowds. No team in SL can sell 45k tickets each to sell the place out, most struggle to shift 20k, neutrals are key and they have lost interest over the last 10 years or so (multiple reasons, scheduling on a Bank Holiday with poor travel options, loss of social clubs, amateur teams and who all used to fill a coach, launch of the Magic Weekend as an alternative RL weekend away)

I would like to see more French players come through, but they have to remain competitive and that means established British or Anz players are often a better option.

I would agree the French National Team haven't progressed, but that seems to be due to a lack of competitive games and some odd coaching choices (several British coaches with no links to France and not fluent in the language) it is not Catalans responsibility to fix the National side.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif

Well, for starters.

Expanding the footprint of professional RL
Excellent facilities and decent crowds
Attracted the largest attendance for any regular SL game (outside of Magic Weekend).
Attracting some star signings - Folou, although loved and hated in equal measure is certainly a world class player
First no English club to win a major RL Trophy
Somewhere different to watch SL

I too could go on but, it would probably be wasting my breath

IF RL was brave enough, just imagine what magic would be like held in the Camp Nou.

I know that Bradford aren't in SL (yet) but, Barcelona would be a fantastic place to go for the weekend and watch a major rl event and it would do more for the sport than staging the event in Manchester but, RL lacks ambition.
Certainly if Toulouse were to get the "golden ticket", a "Magic" event in Catalonia or France would be superb -covid permitting, of course

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: WelshRL&RUwatcher "French RL is semi-professional. I read a couple of months ago that there's less money in French RL now than 20 yrs ago. Suppose that's due to the 2008 GFC, if it's true. England have a really good RL team who could win the WC, France don't, England has a full-time RL set-up across the clubs, France does not. It's therefore far less likely for the best English RL talent to go to Union, I don't care if they change RL clubs or go to the NRL, as long as they stay in RL.

Also France is still traumatised by WWII.'"

I'm not sure that Catalan (or Toulouse) are semi pro ??
As for less money in the sport over there, I'll take your word for it but, the same could probably be said for RL in the UK too.
It certainly looks like there will be less cash swilling around after the next TV deal.
Your comment about French players being more likely to go to Union is crazy.
If there were no professional RL players in France, any player wanting to make a living in "rugby" would have to go to Union to make a living and you seem to be advocating this ??

"Traumatised by WW11" and yet it is you who wants to wave the white flag for them icon_surprised.gifops:
Btw, that's a shocking comment and not relevant to this chat, in any way, shape or form. Quite appalling. icon_surprised.gifops:

216 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
216 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.88671875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Jake the Peg
9m
Rumours thread
PopTart
18m
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
sir adrian m
26m
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
karetaker
30m
Film game
karetaker
60m
Recruitment rumours and links
karetaker
Recent
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
Recent
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
Recent
Man of Steel
MorePlaymake
Recent
Championship Play Off Final
Redscat
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Staying or Not
rollin thund
32s
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
41s
Squad for HKR
Captain Hook
46s
Play-off semi-final
Wollo-Wollo-
1m
Doncaster home
Dr Dreadnoug
1m
Recruitment rumours and links
karetaker
1m
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
2m
Man of Steel
MorePlaymake
2m
Proposed rule changes 2025
chapylad
2m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Championship Play Off Final
Redscat
TODAY
Man of Steel
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
Captain Hook
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
chapylad
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Rafa9
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Chris71
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
karetaker
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
TODAY
Must do better
Wires71
TODAY
Warrington Wolves Break Saints Hearts With Golden Point Win
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,396 ↑21880,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 4th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 Sat 5th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
Sun 22nd Sep
CH 27 Batley28-14Swinton
CH 27 Halifax14-10Bradford
CH 27 Swinton20-22Doncaster
L1 24 Hunslet18-14Midlands
L1 24 Keighley26-22Rochdale
WSL2024 15 LeedsW10-12York V
WSL2024 15 St.HelensW18-4WiganW
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 23 569 298 271 36
Hull KR 22 575 269 306 34
Warrington 23 590 301 289 34
St.Helens 23 524 340 184 26
Catalans 22 403 344 59 26
Salford 22 393 425 -32 26

Leeds 23 425 398 27 24
Leigh 22 466 326 140 23
Huddersfield 23 402 548 -146 16
Castleford 23 360 607 -247 13
Hull FC 23 294 705 -411 6
LondonB 22 261 775 -514 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22