FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Virtual Terrace > I hope the Aussies are proud...
24 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
RankPostsTeam
International Star15No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I can hand on heart say I am proud of the England team today, yes there are players who aren't up to international quality but they went out and played a strong and honest brand of rugby league and got completely on top of the Aussie pack only to have a series of contentious decisions go against us. I don't think the Australia team of referees had many tough decisions to make at all in the game but somehow managed to bring our game into disrepute once more. I feel sorry for the honest Australian public who now have a victory of no substance to celebrate. I couldn't care less about the rest of the tour, I hope the team enjoy the rest of their time as a holiday and go out and enjoy a win against PNG and rub it in the Australian journalists noses. If the RFL had a pair of balls they could pull the team out of the final game as there is nothing good to come out of the game for us except our honest lads getting stick and uneccesary pressure from ex-con journalist s ahead of the game. Unfortunately the RFL is deep-throating the Australian Rugby League Board to such an extent they cannot notice that they don't have a pair. I saw a post earlier stating that the Aussies are moaning about the lack of competition at international level which beggars belief why their s start nipping when they get into a tough game and the procession of the use of the Benifit of the Doubt to Australia rule comes into play. You can have your victory but you have nothing to be proud of, we have several good honest young lads in our team and you have the likes of the pathetic excuse of human life Paul Gallen to be proud of. Waste of human life like Sam Thaiday and Anthony Watmough in the team. Scum sacked by the ARU in Tuquri. The most pathetic thing is Aussie's trying to justify some of the pathetic calls and parrot throat Lockyer having the audacity to question the referee, absolutely pathetic. I would eat my own hat if an Australian was to come out on here and admit that they were gifted the game by the officials but unfortunately the steel reinforced bubble they live in will be too strong for them to pop out and face reality.

Interestingly enough cheating allegations against officials is nothing new to the Australian game:
www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 14nox.html
I can hand on heart say I am proud of the England team today, yes there are players who aren't up to international quality but they went out and played a strong and honest brand of rugby league and got completely on top of the Aussie pack only to have a series of contentious decisions go against us. I don't think the Australia team of referees had many tough decisions to make at all in the game but somehow managed to bring our game into disrepute once more. I feel sorry for the honest Australian public who now have a victory of no substance to celebrate. I couldn't care less about the rest of the tour, I hope the team enjoy the rest of their time as a holiday and go out and enjoy a win against PNG and rub it in the Australian journalists noses. If the RFL had a pair of balls they could pull the team out of the final game as there is nothing good to come out of the game for us except our honest lads getting stick and uneccesary pressure from ex-con journalist s ahead of the game. Unfortunately the RFL is deep-throating the Australian Rugby League Board to such an extent they cannot notice that they don't have a pair. I saw a post earlier stating that the Aussies are moaning about the lack of competition at international level which beggars belief why their s start nipping when they get into a tough game and the procession of the use of the Benifit of the Doubt to Australia rule comes into play. You can have your victory but you have nothing to be proud of, we have several good honest young lads in our team and you have the likes of the pathetic excuse of human life Paul Gallen to be proud of. Waste of human life like Sam Thaiday and Anthony Watmough in the team. Scum sacked by the ARU in Tuquri. The most pathetic thing is Aussie's trying to justify some of the pathetic calls and parrot throat Lockyer having the audacity to question the referee, absolutely pathetic. I would eat my own hat if an Australian was to come out on here and admit that they were gifted the game by the officials but unfortunately the steel reinforced bubble they live in will be too strong for them to pop out and face reality.

Interestingly enough cheating allegations against officials is nothing new to the Australian game:
www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 14nox.html

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13936
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30366_1604259384.jpg
[color=#000000:3fno8grb]Rugby Union: When entertainment just isn't your thing. [/color:3fno8grb]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_30366.jpg

Amen to that!

I have to agree and say that I am pleased with the effort and committment shown by the team. We never rolled over and took a spanking like everyone (including me) was saying would end up happening. I thought we gave both the Kiwis and the Aussies a cracking run for their money - a couple of decisive decisions and better ball retention and we might have been in the final. Although, I agree with Tim Sheens that we need our best side available to make it. A fully fit England squad and I would have been very confident we could do some damage.

Interesting to find out what everyone's best England side would be. Mine would have been:

1. Sam Tomkins
2. Peter Fox
3. Martin Gleeson
4. Chris Bridge
5. Tom Briscoe
6. Leon Pryce
7. Kyle Eastmond
8. James Graham
9. James Roby
10. Jamie Peacock
11. Gareth Ellis
12. Sam Burgess
13. Sean O'loughlin

-------------------------

14. Kevin Sinfield
15. Adrian Morley
16. Eorl Crabtree/Stuart Fielden
17. Ben Westwood/Joel Tomkins

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2927
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: cadoo "
Interesting to find out what everyone's best England side would be. Mine would have been

Starting line-up:

1. Sam Tomkins
2. Darrell Goulding
3. Michael Shenton
4. Chris Bridge
5. Chris Riley/Tom Briscoe
6. Leon Pryce
7. Kyle Eastmond
8. Jamie Peacock
9. James Roby
10. Adrian Morley
11. Gareth Ellis
12. Sam Burgess
13. Sean O'Loughlin

14. James Graham
15. Eorl Crabtree
16. Ben Westwood
17. Kevin Sinfield

Rest of 24-man squad:

Briscoe/Riley - cover wings
Gleeson - cover centres
McGuire - cover halves
Robinson - cover hooker
Fielden - cover prop
Lynch - cover prop
Harrison - cover backrow

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7665
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7372_1323373487.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7372.jpg

I don't know how anyone could justify leaving Ben Westwood out of the England team.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach8261No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[size=100:3bcizgah][url=http://twitter.com/reallyrichkelly:3bcizgah]Follow me on Twitter...[/url:3bcizgah][/size:3bcizgah]:

I thought England can take a lot of heart from this tournament. We haven't got enough depth to manage without so many injured stars.

My 17 based on this tournament and injured players:

Tomkins
Briscoe
Shenton
Cudjoe
Goulding / Fox / Hall
Pryce
McGuire
Graham
Roby
Peacock
Burgess
Ellis
O'Loughlin

Sinfield
Crabtree
Fielden
Morley

I think that 17 would have really had a chance.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1824No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34673.gif
:34673.gif

1 Tomkins
2 Briscoe
3 Gleeson
4 Shenton
5 Hall
6 Pryce
7 Eastmond

8 Graham
9 Roby
10 Peacock
11 Burgess
12 Ellis
13 O'Loughlin

14 Sinfield
15 Westwood
16 Fielden
17 Morley

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2833No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: bigMAL " You can have your victory but you have nothing to be proud of, we have several good honest young lads in our team and you have the likes of the pathetic excuse of human life Paul Gallen to be proud of. Waste of human life like Sam Thaiday and Anthony Watmough in the team. Scum sacked by the ARU in Tuquri. '"

And your problem with these players is? I can't remember any controversy surrounding Gallen, allegations about Thaiday were made up by an attention-seeking female. Fair enough Watmough once said something stupid whilst drunk but not exactly crime of the century.
And let's not forget that we could well have had a player with plenty of convictions on the field if not injured, one conviction being for the assault of a female.
End of the day most of the English players are average at best.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9043
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

HULL KINGSTON ROVERS is my religion, Craven Park is my church and Jordan Abdull is my God:

Tomkins
Fox
Shenton
Bridge
Hall
Mcguire
Eastmond
Morley
Roby
Peacock
Ellis
Wilkin
Sinfield

Burgess
Graham
O'Loughlin
Westwood

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50850_1311263484.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50850.jpg

Can't believe people are leaving Westwood & Bridge out!

Englands best 17:

1. Sam Tomkins
2. Ryan Hall
3. Chris Bridge
4. Martin Gleeson
5. Tom Briscoe
6. Kyle Eastmond
7. Danny McGuire
8. Adrian Morley (C)
9. Kevin Sinfield
10. James Peacock
11. Gareth Ellis
12. Ben Westwood
13. Sean O'Laughlin

14. James Roby
15. James Graham
16. Sam Burgess
17. Eorl Crabtree

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9864No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50850_1311263484.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50850.jpg

Quote: MrPhilb "Wilkin'"

icon_eek.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9043
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

HULL KINGSTON ROVERS is my religion, Craven Park is my church and Jordan Abdull is my God:

Quote: 74' "

Good player, one of the top backrowers in the league. Form suffered because he's had to play wherever Saints required him but still a good player

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman8134No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

With Archer as ref and Clark as VR none of those team would have a prayer!

RankPostsTeam
International Star15No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Glad my rant has lead to some positive discussion! Giving the younger players a chance this tour means that at least next time round we have a bigger pool of players with international experience to choose from, can't be a bad thing, will create some healthy competition for a few places in the side. It goes without saying that we don't have the depth of the Australian's have but there are several young lads who have had a taste of international rugby and hopefully this can help motivate them to keep working hard and developing their games to keep themselves involved on the international scene. There is a good balance in this team and there seams to be no real egos in the team, perhaps bar Ryan Atkins who by some accounts is a bit of a playboy.

Looking ahead I think the two positions in need of most attention are for another centre to go alongside Shenton and a creative scrum half with a good kicking game. I have put together a list of players I feel are in contention for each position looking to the future:

Full Back: Sam Tomkins, Leroy Cudjoe
Wings: Peter Fox, Darrel Goulding, Ryan Hall, Richard Owen, Tom Briscoe, Lee Smith
Centres: Michael Shenton, Chris Bridge, Martin Gleeson, Ryan Atkins, Josh Charnley, Michael Lawrence
Halfbacks: Gareth Widdop (he will be most likely featuring for Melbourne at 6), Kyle Eastmond, Leon Price, Danny Mcguire, Luke Robinson, Kevin Brown, Danny Brough, Richie Myler
Props: James Graham (hopefully with NRL experience), Jamie Peacock, Adrian Morley, Sam Burgess, Eorl Crabtree, Bryn Hargreaves, Liam Watts, Louis McCarthy Scarsbrook
Hooker: James Roby, Shaun Lunt, Michael McIlorum, Scott Moore
Second Row: Gareth Ellis, Joel Tomkins, Gareth Hock, Ben Westwood, Elliot Whitehead, Ben Harrison (would benefit his career massively to go to NRL), Joe Westerman
Loose Forward: Kevin Sinfield, Sean O'Loughlin

I will have a few missed players out who will be in contention but I suspect this list will contain the majority of the next England team selected. If we create a national pool and stick the likes of these in a train on squad it should create some good competition for international places icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4291
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

People leaving ben Westwood out?? Englands player of the tournament so far for me. Why mcbanana took him off today along with burgess and Graham baffles me, they were tearing in to the Aussies in both attack and defence and they have great work rates and big engines. I sometimes think some coaches spell players just because it's the done thing and they don't look at what's happening at the time they're planning on making the sub.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5539No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2013Oct 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

last post on RLFANS goodbye Thu May 26, 2011 8:46 am:

If I were the captain of England I would have got my team and walked off the field.The bias given to the Aussies was unbelievable.

24 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
24 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.11669921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
bishops fing
29m
Leigh it is
Zig
39m