FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Virtual Terrace > Halifax RLFC Independent Supporters Trust - PRESS RELEASE
228 posts in 16 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
RankPostsTeam
Moderator2574No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7000.jpg
"Let only those who enter do so with pride and the determination to uphold the traditions of the club". //www.FaxFans.co.uk //www.halifaxrlfc.co.uk Halifax Tag RL. Interested in playing? Visit //www.pitchero.com/clubs/halifaxcommunityrugbyleague/:7000.jpg

I am not connected with the trust but this has been posted on the Halifax Forum:-

Halifax RLFC Independent Supporters Trust

PRESS RELEASE – 1st August 2011

In light of recent events regarding Halifax RLFC’s failed bid to win a Super League franchise for the 2012-2014 seasons, members of the Halifax RLFC Independent Supporters Trust committee have been inundated with calls and emails of support from all walks of the rugby league community. It is this support that has spurred us into action.

Many have expressed their concern at the events both in the build up to last Tuesday’s announcement and many more surrounding the statements and “post decision” interviews that were issued and given by the RFL hierarchy in the aftermath of Halifax RLFC’s failed Super League bid. We feel the fundamental problem of our game goes much deeper than that, put simply . . . . No Promotion or Relegation.

Therefore the board of The Halifax RLFC Independent Supporters Trust have decided to take a stance. We intend to challenge the integrity, as well as the decisions being made by The Rugby Football League, who without consulting the paying public of our great sport continue to make ambiguous decisions that we feel are not in the best interests of our game. Also this decision is not based on, nor is it a direct attack on any of our fellow rugby league clubs, they can only undertake and look to meet the “franchise criteria” asked of them. Indeed we wish all fellow rugby league clubs the very best of luck during the remainder of this and forthcoming seasons.

However we do feel that our sport is being strangled by the very people entrusted in supposedly driving our sport forward. We feel the RFL through adopting the franchise model in 2009 is killing the game we love and is choosing to ignore the heartlands in favour of expansion at any cost. The current plight of Crusaders coupled with the return to the French League of Toulouse shows that expansion is failing and we already know promotion and relegation is no longer advocated. . . . . Why?

How can our game be a sport without the real possibility of promotion and relegation? – To quote Kevin Sinfield highlighted during an interview with BBC Sport in May 2005, just after the new franchising system was launched "The great thing about sport is competition - relegation is intrinsic to that." - We agree.

What incentive does an ambitious club outside of Super League have if the parameters / criteria of the franchising system keep changing, with new goal posts added or indeed removed at will to suit the RFL hierarchy at that time? The gulf in finances and investment between the top 2 tiers is getting wider and wider and worryingly for any aspiring Super League teams the elite league appears to be a closed shop or at best a masonesque type members club. We have questions a plenty and want answers, not just for Halifax RLFC but for the wider rugby league family on where our game is being taken.

Therefore as an independent voice in support of Halifax RLFC we intend to let our concerns be seen and most certainly heard and we fully intend to challenge the legitimacy of a franchising system that fails to keep to its own “minimum standard criteria” blueprint; more importantly ask why a governing body chooses to strip our game of the true fighting spirit from which it was born out of on 29th August 1895 i.e. Promotion & Relegation.

We are therefore looking to kick-start our “Hate RFL, Love P&R” campaign by staging a protest on Thursday 11th August at the Halifax RLFC v Widnes Vikings game and we invite all rugby league fans to help us to take the fight to The RFL.

Our intention for this event is via the use of banners, flags, t-shirts etc (as the game is live on Sky TV) to voice our concerns. This is merely the start of our battle and it really doesn’t matter if you are a Halifax RLFC supporters trust member; or even a Halifax RLFC supporter or not, join our protest, come along to the game and show the RFL we are to be taken seriously.

What we want and need is a collective, coordinated effort; as we will be much stronger shouting and making a noise together rather than pulling in different directions. We intend to get answers to the many questions we and the rugby league community have. This initial protest will be the mere start, we have lots of ideas but we would welcome input and support from anybody interested in supporting us on this journey.

We will have more news on our plans shortly and we hope you will support us. If you would like to ask any questions or you can pledge support to our “Hate RFL, Love P&R” campaign please contact:-

Chris Smith on chris_smith1975@hotmail.co.uk (Vice Chairman)
Linda Kitson @ johnlindakitson@btinternet.com (Chairman)

Let’s make rugby league great again, together we can and will achieve our dreams.

Thank you

The Board
I am not connected with the trust but this has been posted on the Halifax Forum:-

PRESS RELEASE – 1st August 2011

In light of recent events regarding Halifax RLFC’s failed bid to win a Super League franchise for the 2012-2014 seasons, members of the Halifax RLFC Independent Supporters Trust committee have been inundated with calls and emails of support from all walks of the rugby league community. It is this support that has spurred us into action.

Many have expressed their concern at the events both in the build up to last Tuesday’s announcement and many more surrounding the statements and “post decision” interviews that were issued and given by the RFL hierarchy in the aftermath of Halifax RLFC’s failed Super League bid. We feel the fundamental problem of our game goes much deeper than that, put simply . . . . No Promotion or Relegation.

Therefore the board of The Halifax RLFC Independent Supporters Trust have decided to take a stance. We intend to challenge the integrity, as well as the decisions being made by The Rugby Football League, who without consulting the paying public of our great sport continue to make ambiguous decisions that we feel are not in the best interests of our game. Also this decision is not based on, nor is it a direct attack on any of our fellow rugby league clubs, they can only undertake and look to meet the “franchise criteria” asked of them. Indeed we wish all fellow rugby league clubs the very best of luck during the remainder of this and forthcoming seasons.

However we do feel that our sport is being strangled by the very people entrusted in supposedly driving our sport forward. We feel the RFL through adopting the franchise model in 2009 is killing the game we love and is choosing to ignore the heartlands in favour of expansion at any cost. The current plight of Crusaders coupled with the return to the French League of Toulouse shows that expansion is failing and we already know promotion and relegation is no longer advocated. . . . . Why?

How can our game be a sport without the real possibility of promotion and relegation? – To quote Kevin Sinfield highlighted during an interview with BBC Sport in May 2005, just after the new franchising system was launched "The great thing about sport is competition - relegation is intrinsic to that." - We agree.

What incentive does an ambitious club outside of Super League have if the parameters / criteria of the franchising system keep changing, with new goal posts added or indeed removed at will to suit the RFL hierarchy at that time? The gulf in finances and investment between the top 2 tiers is getting wider and wider and worryingly for any aspiring Super League teams the elite league appears to be a closed shop or at best a masonesque type members club. We have questions a plenty and want answers, not just for Halifax RLFC but for the wider rugby league family on where our game is being taken.

Therefore as an independent voice in support of Halifax RLFC we intend to let our concerns be seen and most certainly heard and we fully intend to challenge the legitimacy of a franchising system that fails to keep to its own “minimum standard criteria” blueprint; more importantly ask why a governing body chooses to strip our game of the true fighting spirit from which it was born out of on 29th August 1895 i.e. Promotion & Relegation.

We are therefore looking to kick-start our “Hate RFL, Love P&R” campaign by staging a protest on Thursday 11th August at the Halifax RLFC v Widnes Vikings game and we invite all rugby league fans to help us to take the fight to The RFL.

Our intention for this event is via the use of banners, flags, t-shirts etc (as the game is live on Sky TV) to voice our concerns. This is merely the start of our battle and it really doesn’t matter if you are a Halifax RLFC supporters trust member; or even a Halifax RLFC supporter or not, join our protest, come along to the game and show the RFL we are to be taken seriously.

What we want and need is a collective, coordinated effort; as we will be much stronger shouting and making a noise together rather than pulling in different directions. We intend to get answers to the many questions we and the rugby league community have. This initial protest will be the mere start, we have lots of ideas but we would welcome input and support from anybody interested in supporting us on this journey.

We will have more news on our plans shortly and we hope you will support us. If you would like to ask any questions or you can pledge support to our “Hate RFL, Love P&R” campaign please contact:-

Chris Smith on chris_smith1975@hotmail.co.uk (Vice Chairman)
Linda Kitson @ johnlindakitson@btinternet.com (Chairman)

Let’s make rugby league great again, together we can and will achieve our dreams.

Thank you

The Board

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach552No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Jun 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

If I was a Halifax fan I'd feel the same but the RFL have a remit that is wider than the Halifax club, and need to make decisions that are best for the whole game in the long run, which is why I can understand many of the decisions that have been taken in the last few years.

If Halifax had been promoted then Wakefield fans would have started a campaign. All fans will naturally look after their own interests and good luck to them.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner29210No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6310_1310045241.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6310.jpg

Quote: nathanwood7 "If Halifax had been promoted then Wakefield fans would have started a campaign. All fans will naturally look after their own interests and good luck to them.'"

I'm not sure they would. Wakefield were coming to terms with their demotion and were moving on and even discussing the prospect of winning a game or two.

At the end of the day I don't support a campaign to bring back P&R as that is the system that created such horrific clubs as they panicked and strived the remain in the division and put short term decisions over long term planning.

But I do support the 'Hate RFL' part of the campaign. I'd support any action that leads to Lewis and Woods being removed from their positions.

RankPostsTeam
Administrator21082
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 199925 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8589_1512921015.jpg
[img:rn9g3499]//forums.rlfans.com/images/sigbanner2.png[/img:rn9g3499]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8589.jpg

Administrator

"Hate RFL, Love P&R" oh dear, I think this might not be the best way to get your point across. I did a snap poll on franchise day and 34% of RL followers were against P&R.

Lets face it , Widnes fans where pretty peeved last time around, but the swollowed their pride and got stuck in to this bid and look where they are now.

I'm not sure that a "HATE RFL" campaign is the best use of time right now, especially when you can't change the decision made, only influence the next one, and this isn't going to influence the RFL in a positive light for Halifax RLFC.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach208No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017Aug 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18734.jpg
:18734.jpg

Worse than Kopites

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member807No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Jun 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2858_1305730838.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2858.jpg

Despite wanting P&R to return (being a Leigh fan) I can't help but feel this will be a mistake. The RFL are not going to listen to it, they have made far too much money since the franchise began for them to 'nip it in the bud'.

I would however like to see expansion in the game in terms of teams.

Leigh and Halifax should both work hard over the next 3 years to ensure criteria is met, maybe discuss with current SL clubs, I am not sure they would oppose as it would be an extra 2 games revenue per year for those clubs,

In terms of finance if the SL clubs had to sacrifice 150k each of sky money (if sky refuse to increase) to fund the expansion, based on 3000 following fans paying £16 each you would find they would make £96k back in away ticket sales from those extra two games. 50k down still on the money they sacrifice but then take into account home fans who are none ticket holders, maybe another 3000 paying £16 each would give them another £96k. Not forgetting food sales and hospitality sales.

I do know my idea is flawed though as Catalans and Harlequins won't see those levels of attendances, not sure what could be done here but I do think financially it could prove beneficial, especially for Lancashire and Yorkshire clubs

Leigh were never ready this year but I do hope to be contesting in 3 years time

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member31082No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

They should be censured for bringing the name of RL into disrepute. Halifax that is.

They want P&R, dock all their points and bloody relegate them.

Idiots.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1116No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Everyone complains but no-one wants to do anything about the situation, just in case it reflects badly on their club in the future. Well done Fax!

RankPostsTeam
International Star482No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2014Dec 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
56414_1297812871.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_56414.jpg

I haven't really expressed my views on P&R or the franchise system, i really see benifits in both. P&R has sporting benifits, franchise offers long term stability and business growth (when done properly).

I think that this campaign does have it's merits, however I believe that the press release and title of the campaign has lost the battle before it begins. Surely the idea is to play the RFL as an organisation onside to your plans. Foot stamping and shouting wont do this.

I really dont believe that you will get the RFL to change back, I'd bet my life on it. However, you could campaign for changes in the way that the franchise system is seen. A far more realistic target.

I dont know much about campaigns but certainly have ideas that i think would far surpass the initial press release in this thread and would be happy to share the privately if someone from the Halifax Supporters Trust would like my views, feel free to PM me.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner29210No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6310_1310045241.jpg

Quote: I_love_leythers "Despite wanting P&R to return (being a Leigh fan) I can't help but feel this will be a mistake. The RFL are not going to listen to it, they have made far too much money since the franchise began for them to 'nip it in the bud'.

I would however like to see expansion in the game in terms of teams.

Leigh and Halifax should both work hard over the next 3 years to ensure criteria is met, maybe discuss with current SL clubs, I am not sure they would oppose as it would be an extra 2 games revenue per year for those clubs,

In terms of finance if the SL clubs had to sacrifice 150k each of sky money (if sky refuse to increase) to fund the expansion, based on 3000 following fans paying £16 each you would find they would make £96k back in away ticket sales from those extra two games. 50k down still on the money they sacrifice but then take into account home fans who are none ticket holders, maybe another 3000 paying £16 each would give them another £96k. Not forgetting food sales and hospitality sales.

I do know my idea is flawed though as Catalans and Harlequins won't see those levels of attendances, not sure what could be done here but I do think financially it could prove beneficial, especially for Lancashire and Yorkshire clubs

Leigh were never ready this year but I do hope to be contesting in 3 years time'"

On which planet do Leigh or Halifax bring 3,000 supporters with them? Leigh don't even have 3,000 supporters?

Financially having more clubs is bad for the existing clubs as they would have to give up a slice of cash and wouldn't see anything like that return from the extra games as they would be minor games for any club bar possibly Wigan (Against Leigh).

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner29210No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6310_1310045241.jpg

Quote: Finsbury Wire "I dont know much about campaigns but certainly have ideas that i think would far surpass the initial press release in this thread and would be happy to share the privately if someone from the Halifax Supporters Trust would like my views, feel free to PM me.'"

Home-made explosives are not the way to go.

RankPostsTeam
International Star482No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2014Dec 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
56414_1297812871.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_56414.jpg

Quote: Saddened! "Home-made explosives are not the way to go.'"

Busted icon_twisted.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2448No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Sep 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3390_1304612784.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3390.gif

Quote: Saddened! "On which planet do Leigh or Halifax bring 3,000 supporters with them? Leigh don't even have 3,000 supporters?

Financially having more clubs is bad for the existing clubs as they would have to give up a slice of cash and wouldn't see anything like that return from the extra games as they would be minor games for any club bar possibly Wigan (Against Leigh).'"

Funny that, there was 8,500+ between them when the two teams played a couple of weeks ago! eusa_think.gif

I agree that 3,000 away regularly would probably be a bit high but I disagree that it would only be a big game (not the biggest obviously) for Wigan. Definitely Widnes as well and you could also probably include Warrington and Saints in that. Lets face it, I would argue that all of these teams would see them as "bigger games" than playing any of Salford, Quins, Cas, Wakefield, Cats, Huddersfield - thats virtually half the league! Plus we would bring more away fans than all of them.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5952No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6580.jpg
:6580.jpg

The title of the campaign should be looked at again. It just makes you look chippy. Fair enough start a campaign to bring back P&R, but 'Hate the RFL' is just childish IMHO. Plenty of people who would support a P&R campaign won't back this, as they don't hate the RFL.

I believe the RFL are doing a good job overall in difficult circumstances. They aren't perfect and a positive campaign may be good, but not a protest like this.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2016No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
52085_1326377315.jpg
[img:2z3zihp3]http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i478/theboyupstairs/crossfit_logo3.gif[/img:2z3zihp3] [quote="Saddened!":2z3zihp3]You seem suicidal because McNamara hasn't picked your precious Mickey Mac, who's better than Roby, and Darryl 'Meninga' Goulding who makes Jamie Lyon look like an amateur. [/quote:2z3zihp3]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_52085.jpg

Quote: Sadfish ""Hate RFL, Love P&R" oh dear, I think this might not be the best way to get your point across. I did a snap poll on franchise day and 34% of RL followers were against P&R.

Lets face it , Widnes fans where pretty peeved last time around, but the swollowed their pride and got stuck in to this bid and look where they are now.

I'm not sure that a "HATE RFL" campaign is the best use of time right now, especially when you can't change the decision made, only influence the next one, and this isn't going to influence the RFL in a positive light for Halifax RLFC.'"

eusa_clap.gif The voice of reason.

228 posts in 16 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
228 posts in 16 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.30126953125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Todays match v Saints
Captain Hook
Recent
Salford H
DSJ1983
Recent