Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Oct 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9648.jpg
The Aussie Legend!!!:9648.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 "Not postponed or covid related but, forfeited due to lack of fit players ??

A 24 - 0 victory for Wire

Has this EVER happened before and surely a fine or other punishment coming Salford's way ?'"

When you consider that Salford could have just loaned a team from Oldham or Rochdale it does seem quite bizarre.

I understand why Salford have done this from a player welfare perspective. However Ian Blease rubbed me the wrong way with his calls for a draft system. This incident has shown up how little player development Salford actually do.

Salford seem to be a microcosm of Society at present. Providing nothing then asking for an equal share because it is "fair" when in fact them getting nothing would be actually be "fair".

Given that, 2020 is messed up and Salford should not be punished for what are freak circumstances.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8675
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14002_1637716780.jpg
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14002.jpg

Ian Watson has quit Salford.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3344
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74208_1661111029.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_74208.jpg

Quote: Budgiezilla "Ian Watson has quit Salford.'"

So much for the loyalty he swore on The Beeb a couple of weeks ago. Then again "This is the place for me for now" could just have meant "For the next fortnight."

Any news from Humberside?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8675
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14002_1637716780.jpg
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14002.jpg

According to social media, he's off to Huddersfield Giants.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Noel Cleal "

When you consider that Salford could have just loaned a team from Oldham or Rochdale it does seem quite bizarre.

I understand why Salford have done this from a player welfare perspective. However Ian Blease rubbed me the wrong way with his calls for a draft system.

Salford Providing nothing then asking for an equal share because it is "fair" when in fact them getting nothing would be actually be "fair". Given that, 2020 is messed up and Salford should not be punished for what are freak circumstances.'"

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... commitment

My take is this in nothing to do with COVID (which gets blamed for all sorts of things). The headline for the link contains the words "Financial" and "Failure" IIRC when Koukash left he did the club a massive favour by trying to leave them in the best financial position he could. He's now severed all ties as I understand it.

Ian Watson showed equal loyalty and gave the club two major Final appearances. He's now severed his ties and owes the club nothing.

To me Salford are now sitting in the financial mire, and as it never rains but it pours sometimes one can only think that the club are at a crossroads where their lack of funding is set to catch up with them. That the punishment was no punishment at all also signals sympathy from the game itself.

Can you blame Ian Blease asking for a draft system when it is now likely Salford players who came to play for Watson, who rescued a few careers and gave some failing players a boost and a greater sense of self worth, will start to slowly walk away??

It's astonishing Salford were let off the punishment for seven years, unless the game were treating them with kid gloves, knowing how close to the edge they were, and perhaps giving them time to find an owner. What has happened this last two years is Salford have been great on the pitch, but nobody of any wealth has come in to buy them. So it's time to apply the "non" punishment and let the club sink or swim.

As per other threads Mr. Sawyer & Mr. Wood would be happy to come into Superleague as would Mr. Beaumont. Watsons fairy tale run was great but Superleague needs the biggest and best backed clubs to be in there.......
Quote: Noel Cleal "

I understand why Salford have done this from a player welfare perspective. However Ian Blease rubbed me the wrong way with his calls for a draft system.

Salford Providing nothing then asking for an equal share because it is "fair" when in fact them getting nothing would be actually be "fair". Given that, 2020 is messed up and Salford should not be punished for what are freak circumstances.'"

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... commitment

My take is this in nothing to do with COVID (which gets blamed for all sorts of things). The headline for the link contains the words "Financial" and "Failure" IIRC when Koukash left he did the club a massive favour by trying to leave them in the best financial position he could. He's now severed all ties as I understand it.

Ian Watson showed equal loyalty and gave the club two major Final appearances. He's now severed his ties and owes the club nothing.

To me Salford are now sitting in the financial mire, and as it never rains but it pours sometimes one can only think that the club are at a crossroads where their lack of funding is set to catch up with them. That the punishment was no punishment at all also signals sympathy from the game itself.

Can you blame Ian Blease asking for a draft system when it is now likely Salford players who came to play for Watson, who rescued a few careers and gave some failing players a boost and a greater sense of self worth, will start to slowly walk away??

It's astonishing Salford were let off the punishment for seven years, unless the game were treating them with kid gloves, knowing how close to the edge they were, and perhaps giving them time to find an owner. What has happened this last two years is Salford have been great on the pitch, but nobody of any wealth has come in to buy them. So it's time to apply the "non" punishment and let the club sink or swim.

As per other threads Mr. Sawyer & Mr. Wood would be happy to come into Superleague as would Mr. Beaumont. Watsons fairy tale run was great but Superleague needs the biggest and best backed clubs to be in there.......

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4166
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Donnyman "https

A fair argument in much of what you say, but Blease wants a Draft system, not to protect any players they have, but because they simply do not produce any players of their own.

They want to cherry pick at the products of all the other clubs.

54 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
54 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.28564453125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 16 London Home
Ex-Swarcliff
3m
TV games not Wire
karetaker
21m