FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Virtual Terrace > Why has RL never taken off in Manchester and Liverpool?
111 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Gallanteer "

So, if Salford is so close the Manchester, there are no professional RL clubs in the city of Manchester, why don't they just drive 10 mins and attend Salford?
.'"

You are 100% correct. And this is absolutely the pertinent question. Why don't they go to Salford? Id wager that perhaps it is because for the majority of most people's lifetime Salford have been a poor club, in a poor stadium, with little chance of success, who haven't reached out to them.

RankPostsTeam
International Star8
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
PDT_AquaTV/pdt-2-28.gif
:PDT_AquaTV/pdt-2-28.gif

Salford RL missed their chance to be the home of spectating on live sport when Manchester United turned their back on their local fans in the 2000s as tickets became like gold dust.

While the football club chased the big dollar spent in the club shop by fans far afield and gentrified the atmosphere, Salford RL could've grabbed those locally who were alienated if they had moved quickly.

Now it's too late as Salford City and the class of 92 plus FC United of Manchester have moved in to cash in on that crowd.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator5874
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66556_1331046115.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66556.jpg

Quote: SmokeyTA "I really dont. It's not 1901 anymore. What parish you are from doesn't matter.

I have however enjoyed watching swing wildly from arguing that the game doesn't struggle under the yoke of the parochialism of small northern towns and cities to a full blooded vociferous defence of the borders, separation and independence of those same small northern towns and cities like the incompatability of those two ideas never even entered your head. Cognitive dissonance in action.
You really do, the fact that you keep posting kind of proves it, otherwise why would anyone, even you, bother?

Your second paragraph doesn't make any sense at all, who have you "enjoyed watching swing wildly"? If it is aimed at me, I am quite comfortable that my posts, whether you agree with them or not and I would guess that you don't, have at least been consistent and generally applied to the original proposition "Why has RL never taken off in Manchester and Liverpool"? Because there isn't enough interest in case you need a reminder

Apart from a much needed Geography lesson, as far as "swinging wildly" is concerned, we have endured all sorts of nonsense from you and others about how many Germans will or won't follow Keinhorst into RL in the Leeds area and whether he went to secondary school near Pudsey and only got into Rugby League after playing Union at University and if Headingly had less Jewish students.....

You obviously enjoy arguing and I will concede that you are fairly good at it, particularly if the argument becomes a test of perseverance and boring your 'opponent' into submission by taking the debate down endless rabbit holes. However, the game is up on this occasion, no mildly offensive "you're stupid" or "you just don't understand" will cover up the fact that you simply do not know what you are talking about.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator5874
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66556_1331046115.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66556.jpg

Quote: Hillbilly_Red "uncle Rico, we have disagreed in the past but here you are 100% correct.

So, according to the Tykes, the parochialism of the 10 boroughs in Greater Manchester is something to despise and decry; and the effect of 8 professional football sides* (and a battery of non-professional sides) is to ignored. Amazing that pride in your community, a corner stone of RL in its heritage, can be so snidely commented on. Ignoring the obvious difference in accents between Salford and manchester (albeit many young men now copy a Gallagher-type patois for street cred), that Oldham and Bolton never ever consider themselves as Manchester (and as for Wigan... ).
Nobody on here has shown that the perceptions are wrong. So how do we use them?

* I include Stockport.'"

Hillbilly, we have disagreed and that's only natural as people will have differences of opinion, but, I would hope that it was a disagreement based on some semblance of facts, or each others interpretation of them? I know what is was about and think that we just agreed to disagree, no name calling or "swinging wildly" to create a different never ending argument?

Funny how our co correspondent, named all of these Rugby League places in Manchester yet left out Rochdale how is it in 'them thar' hills, hope you're Ok on the outside of Manchester?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: Uncle Rico "You really do, the fact that you keep posting kind of proves it, otherwise why would anyone, even you, bother?'"
the growth of rugby league and the geography of Manchester are different topics. One i care about, the other i dont.

Quote: Uncle Rico "Your second paragraph doesn't make any sense at all, who have you "enjoyed watching swing wildly"? If it is aimed at me, I am quite comfortable that my posts, whether you agree with them or not and I would guess that you don't, have at least been consistent and generally applied to the original proposition "Why has RL never taken off in Manchester and Liverpool"? Because there isn't enough interest in case you need a reminder '"
See you did understand. Seems a strange tactic, though common in those from Manchester, to pretend they don't understand things they do.

Quote: Uncle Rico "Apart from a much needed Geography lesson, as far as "swinging wildly" is concerned, we have endured all sorts of nonsense from you and others about how many Germans will or won't follow Keinhorst into RL in the Leeds area and whether he went to secondary school near Pudsey and only got into Rugby League after playing Union at University and if Headingly had less Jewish students.....

You obviously enjoy arguing and I will concede that you are fairly good at it, particularly if the argument becomes a test of perseverance and boring your 'opponent' into submission by taking the debate down endless rabbit holes. However, the game is up on this occasion, no mildly offensive "you're stupid" or "you just don't understand" will cover up the fact that you simply do not know what you are talking about.'"
I have neither called you stupid, nor said anyone doesnt understand. I havent argued any Germans would follow Keinhorst in to RL, i havent once mentioned where he went to school, i havent argued that he got into RL after playing RL at University, I havent at any stage mentioned Jewish students. But other than that well done on a great post.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman9721
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5885-54zedonite-msnicons.jpg
regards and ENJOY your sport Leaguefan "The Public wants what the Public gets" - Paul Weller:icons077e_files/5885-54zedonite-msnicons.jpg

Soccer is easier to understand, which is why it is popular!

RL has always been innovative to keep it's crowds but it is a game where being able to think is important.

111 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
111 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.32275390625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV games not Wire
karetaker
2m
Round 16 London Home
KaeruJim
18m