FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Virtual Terrace > Sky, seriously...?
35 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
RankPostsTeam
International Star4239No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

实事求是!:

Quote: headhunter "I'm watching the Catalans game ATM and the commentary is almost unbearable. I thought Sky had released Ben Proe, he's one of the worst commentators I've ever heard and listening to him stammering his way through nothing more than a basic visual description of the play is reminding me of this guyZSLQ0Q-9Q90[/youtube

Hopefully we never have to suffer this guy on Catalans games again and they get Rod Studd or Bill Arthur, who are both capable commentators.'"

I feel like that guy was screwed by a lack of punctuation on the telepropter, it feels like what he is trying to read doesn't flow or tie together

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: pollytyke "I thought you had "gone " Just from the Broncos board then ?'"

Yep.
The Broncos "faithful" on the forum now resembles an old persons home, with many reminiscing about their favourite games, whilst ignoring the fact that the club are absolutely buggered. Not only buggered in fact, but also doing irreparable damage to the game in the SE at present IMHO.

When I started following them in 2002, they had arrived in Brentford with a 3,200 average attendance.....if they had worked at that and added say, 4% a year, year on year, they'd be averaging 5,300 instead of 1,128 as they are now, which would deliver them 1,100,000 great British pounds in ADDITIONAL ticket revenue this year alone, somewhat replacing the need to take any more of the idiot Hughes money and putting up with his insane management decisions. Rather than "build a business" he has chased the dragon.....and of late, he has financed an utter shambles of a business and a sports club with no interest in taking advice from anyone until it's too late.

Still, the good denizens of the Broncos Board would prefer to wax lyrical about the "good old days" and ignore the imminent destruction of the club......so I decided to leave them to it for 60 days.....I will continue my apparent "destruction" of that forum at the end of June....

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: sweeney "`there`? Sounds like your now an ex fan.'"

alas, no.
Bad grammar/spelling aside, I am a Broncos fan and as such, will follow them until they (or I) die..

RankPostsTeam
International Star1885No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60432_1309989471.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60432.gif

Quote: gutterfax "Yep.
The Broncos "faithful" on the forum now resembles an old persons home, with many reminiscing about their favourite games, whilst ignoring the fact that the club are absolutely buggered. Not only buggered in fact, but also doing irreparable damage to the game in the SE at present IMHO.

When I started following them in 2002, they had arrived in Brentford with a 3,200 average attendance.....if they had worked at that and added say, 4% a year, year on year, they'd be averaging 5,300 instead of 1,128 as they are now, which would deliver them 1,100,000 great British pounds in ADDITIONAL ticket revenue this year alone, somewhat replacing the need to take any more of the idiot Hughes money and putting up with his insane management decisions. Rather than "build a business" he has chased the dragon.....and of late, he has financed an utter shambles of a business and a sports club with no interest in taking advice from anyone until it's too late.

Still, the good denizens of the Broncos Board would prefer to wax lyrical about the "good old days" and ignore the imminent destruction of the club......so I decided to leave them to it for 60 days.....I will continue my apparent "destruction" of that forum at the end of June....'"

Fun at parties... you must be...

Were they not fed up of your endless ,tedious statistical drivel every time they actually try to discuss a game that they attended?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png

Quote: JonB95 "Fun at parties... you must be...

Were they not fed up of your endless ,tedious statistical drivel every time they actually try to discuss a game that they attended?'"

On closer inspection, you'd see that I used stat at the start of each thread to highlight what was coming in that weeks game.
On the topic of discussing games "they" attended....if you are referring to away games, then there are 3 regular posters who attend, of which 2 worship at the altar of St David of Swinton and who try to glean positives from anything when in fact, reality is what is required.
Back to statistics........because unfortunately, they are the factual matter that explains why the club is dead in the water. London are on to be the first team in 19 seasons of SL to have a higher points against total than an average attendance......but let's discuss everyone's favourite London game instead of mourning the death of the game as a possible professional sporting option for kids south of the Watford Gap d040.gif

35 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
35 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0205078125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
International
Smiffy27
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
2m