FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > The Virtual Terrace > Rugby League no credibility left anymore !!!!
146 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member37704No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg
The older I get, the better I was Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator." cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan:2051.jpg

Quote: Cassandra "I was once asked by a friend of mine who was a match commisioner at the time, to accompany him into the referee's changeing room. Just as we opened the door, one of the touch judges was heard to ask the ref. what do you want us to watch out for today ? The ref. abruptley replied, I'm in charge you do nowt.'"

I hope the MC reported him then.

I had a similar experience running the line in a televised game. The ref told us "right, the game's on telly, so all I want you to do is mark touch and flag goals". I basically replied "bollox, you can get someone from the crowd to do that" and started to get dressed again. Lindop came into the dressing room and asked what was going on, so I told him to ask the ref. The other touchie and I were asked to wait outside and when we were called back in, we received completely different instructions. Fred pulled me to one side after that game and asked if I really would have walked out. When I said yes, he told me I was a 2@ but he'd probably have done the same thing in the circumstances.

So I know from experience that referee instructions determine the input of touchies but with the technology used today, there's absolutely no excuse for any referee going on an ego trip.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9058
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23603_1336678755.jpg
"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_23603.jpg

Quote: Teessidewire "For a supporter of a club that has supported Ryan Bailey, Ablett, and Brent Webb through thick and thin I find the attitude of some Leeds supporters amazing. Get over it.'"

Same here, and I am one. It's no good moaning about a lack of intensity within the game whilst at the same time fussing over every minor indiscretion. It was about as serious as Bailey's flop on the grounded player - worthy of a penalty and nothing more.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2866
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Nov 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Mummy duck is now thoroughly depressed. SHE was the one that was famous for losing five in a row........until the 2011 GF!!!!!:

Quote: Mild mannered Janitor "And to clarify to you once again, the term attack and defence is NOT determined by possession of the ball but territorial advantage.

Warrington were in possession but ten yards from their line and were therefore defending.

HTH'"

And like I said, what appears on the screen "xxxxx- Attack" or "xxxxx - defense" is decided by the TV company and has got sod all to do with the glossary of terms within the supporting sections to the rules of the game. They decide what goes on screen for the purpose of the viewers/spectators not based the technicalities of the rules. The term on the glossary is "attacking team" and "defending team" NOT "attack"/"defense" would be the only argument the TV company would have for the error......................we dont care what the definitions say will be the fact.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1494No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Jun 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Baby Sinclair.gif
I mean she even cooks me pancakes And Alka Seltzer when my tummy aches If that ain't love then I don't know what love is:Black Backgrounds/Baby Sinclair.gif

Actually to put the matter to bed.... On BBC Manchester RL phone in, on the refs call section it was admitted that it was a mistake in the video booth...... Simples.... Different system to what they are used to on the sky games and it should have said scrum attack...

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10000No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8202.jpg
[url=//www.facebook.com/wellsmotors:2svvs5eg][img:2svvs5eg]//i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd30/wellsy13/Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg[/img:2svvs5eg][/url:2svvs5eg]:8202.jpg

Is this still going?!

If they change it "Scrum [insert team]" then there won't ever be this confusion again. Agreed?

Let's move on. The OP was wrong, and has lost credibility, not rugby league.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member19907No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1883.jpg
Didn't William Webb Ellis pick up the ball and run, someone should really tell Rugby Union. www.squadbuilder.co.uk:1883.jpg

Quote: Wellsy13 "Is this still going?!

If they change it "Scrum [insert team]" then there won't ever be this confusion again. Agreed?

Let's move on. The OP was wrong, and has lost credibility, not rugby league.'"

To lose something, you have to be in possession of it, initially.

146 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
146 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.25048828125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leeds
the-bearded-
4m
WHO IS NEXT
ArthurClues
9m