JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2016Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
24307.jpg
[img:24qn1m99]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/DrGomez/Replacementbanner.jpg?t=1284815933[/img:24qn1m99] On thread drift: [quote="tb":24qn1m99]Tough. Conversations develop. It's their nature.[/quote:24qn1m99] Little Pepe went to nursery school one day wearing his Widnes hat. His teacher asked him why he was a Widnes fan. He said, “Because my parents are.” His teacher said, “That’s not good. What would you do if your parents were drug dealers and hookers?” He replied, “Well then I would be a Warrington fan.” [i:24qn1m99]There's a Wooly over there, baggy kecks and feathered hair with a 3 star jumper half way up his back, that’s a fecking Wooly back![/i:24qn1m99] [b:24qn1m99]Oooh-to… Oooh-to-be… Oooh-to-be-a… WOOLY![/b:24qn1m99]:24307.jpg

Quote: TonyGee "Im not going to read the 8 pages already posted on here, my take as a Widnes fan is Franchising is killing the game.

I have been a home and away supporter for 20 years watching Widnes, ups and downs and good and bad days. My family have always been the same, tomorrow we are at home to Catalan Dragons and of the 5 of us that usually attend, only 2 of us are going. At the end of the day our season is over, it was over before it began, this following hot on the heels of 2 previous seasons in the Championship where we had nothing to play for, Where ticking boxes was more important than playing well. Now we keep getting told not to worry we have three years, i dont want three years of this junk. When Widnes were Relegated last time i lived and breathed Widnes, every game meant something, even when it looked like mission impossible we travelled in our numbers because it meant something.

Now it means nothing, if the Dragons put a hundred on Widnes tomorrow then i will probably laugh it off and forget about the game, seriously it wont mean a thing.

If i dont watch Widnes i dont watch Rugby league, and if i dont watch Rugby League my kids dont, and then you lose 2 Generations of supporters because we lost sight of the most important thing in sport, Winning.

In my eyes the Sports Dying a death, and i have played, Coached and Watched Rugby league for more than 25 years. I would rather we were relegated this season due to our poor managment than sit in this league with the mighty few while better teams are locked out, and we never earned the right to be here in the first place.'"

Great post, Tony. My sentiments exactly.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3368No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2015Jan 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60495_1398780661.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60495.jpg

well the clubs have already got full working academys. this really isn't hard to understand. i know i am not the best with my grammer but still its fairly easy concept.

instead on the players playing for example wigan under 20's they could go to the likes of leigh/widnes (who ever are feeder team is) with a mixture of older players. instead of having the teams in the championship full of players that will never cut it in the top grade.

so just to recap this wouldn't need any extra cash (as the clubs are already paying for their academy's) it would give the youngster a better platform to learn from.

Gronk, i am sure your team gets the same amount of cash as london do, plus they have vailed excuses to as why there struggling what about cas?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3356No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12445.jpg
:12445.jpg

Quote: dubairl "well the clubs have already got full working academys. this really isn't hard to understand. i know i am not the best with my grammer but still its fairly easy concept.

instead on the players playing for example wigan under 20's they could go to the likes of leigh/widnes (who ever are feeder team is) with a mixture of older players. instead of having the teams in the championship full of players that will never cut it in the top grade.

so just to recap this wouldn't need any extra cash (as the clubs are already paying for their academy's) it would give the youngster a better platform to learn from.

Gronk, i am sure your team gets the same amount of cash as london do, plus they have vailed excuses to as why there struggling what about cas?'"

the extra money would be needed to keep clubs going after fans stopping watching them due to them being feeder clubs.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3368No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2015Jan 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60495_1398780661.jpg

Quote: a.n Other "the extra money would be needed to keep clubs going after fans stopping watching them due to them being feeder clubs.'"

really have you looked at some of the gates for the championship? wouldn't know the majority have fans.

basically the championship is a feeder league for superleague any half decent players who pops up gets signed up for superleague anyway example; zak hardaker and chris hill. and any team what gets promoted will drop 90% of its team anyway and sign not good enough players.

it all comes to sentiment in rugby league the sooner people realise it the better england will be at international time.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3356No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12445.jpg
:12445.jpg

Quote: dubairl "really have you looked at some of the gates for the championship? wouldn't know the majority have fans.

basically the championship is a feeder league for superleague any half decent players who pops up gets signed up for superleague anyway example; zak hardaker and chris hill. and any team what gets promoted will drop 90% of its team anyway and sign not good enough players.

it all comes to sentiment in rugby league the sooner people realise it the better england will be at international time.'"

These clubs are propped up by local business men and gate receipts - plus the £90k from the RFL - Would they still do this if they were a feeder club? I doubt it. There is no sentiment on my part - but you clearly have no idea how it would work in this country or who would fund it. Great idea though. Just like a hover board - doesnt mean that it going to work though eh?

RankPostsTeam
International Star3368No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2015Jan 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60495_1398780661.jpg

well i have no idea how much each teams gets from the rfl but there would also be two clubs to go down and that could be spread out. i would hazzard a guess that superleagues academys dont run cheaply either and there wouldn't be alot difference.

one championship team might get brought up after next year? or might not depending on grading and all that lark. so right now them people are putting in the money to the clubs which are playing in the championship, and any half decent player they produce will sign up for a superleague team whats the difference to them other than they aren't called a feeder club right now? in the long run they will have a better club with good young players who they can be proud of with more money its makes perfect business sense. the only down fall is they dont have that glimmer of hope they may one day get to superleague.

i would also argue physics is alot harder to master than upset a few thousand fans.

221 posts in 16 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
221 posts in 16 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.5703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
1m
Toulouse A
Bully_Boxer
1m