Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Just as an aside-
Burrow, Burgess, Lomax, Bridge are all injured, and otherwise would have made the squad imo.
Shenton is injured as well, and also might have had a shot.

(Mc)Brough is out of form.

Got to agree on a couple of points though, don't think Michael McIlorum and Cudjoe are up to it.
Not sure I'd have both Morley and Peacock in the squad, maybe drop one of them depending on what other players were injury free. Tough one that, can see both sides of the argument.

I haven't seen anything of Widdop this year, so don't know how he's done, but when he played for England last time he didn't look that good. Most people seem to say he's had a good season so I'll bow to their knowledge.

Finally I agree don't think Chase and Heighington should be playing for England, even though Chase has been Superleague's best Stand off, and Heighington will add a lot to the squad.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1213No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39856.gif
:39856.gif

Quote: Dunbar "We can agree on that, it is going to be a great couple of months... I’m looking forward to some entertaining and competitive international Rugby League... I may be a sucker for punishment but this is the time of year I look forward to most, always with the hope that England will come out on top!'"

With injuries, retirements and general unavailability across all the teams it should be the closest series in decades.
I hope refereeing does not come into it or "rub of the green"
May the best team win and if that team is England I have no problem with it and it would be the best thing to happen to the game in years.
But I want the team that wins to "WIN" it not the team that they play to lose it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10530
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18919_1341147656.jpg
[quote="King Monkey":30st820n]Maybe a spell in prison would do Graham good. At least he'd lose his virginity.[/quote:30st820n]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18919.jpg

Quote: Dunbar "Who would you rather see on the team sheet against England, Boyd and Uate or Israel Folau and Wendell Sailor?'"

Don't remember Sailor and Falou playing in the same Aussie team.

In 1997 the 3/4 was Nags, ET, Girdler, Sailor. The 2000 WC final Aussie 3/4 line was Matt Rogers, McDougal, Matt Gidley and Del Sailor. I'd say with Inglis this Aussie backline is stronger. In 2003 the Aussie 3/4 line was Rooney (shame he left RL he would have become a legend) Lewis Berrigan(?) Minichello, again this Aussie back line is better. In 2006 it was Tate, Gasnier, Lyon, Inglis I think both are pretty even. This Aussie bacline my lack some of the household names from previous years but its just as dangerous and man for man quite a few levels above Englands.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10530
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18919_1341147656.jpg
[quote="King Monkey":30st820n]Maybe a spell in prison would do Graham good. At least he'd lose his virginity.[/quote:30st820n]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18919.jpg

Quote: Dunbar "Stronger than the 2009 4 Nations backline vs. England?

2. Brett Morris
3. Greg Inglis
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jarryd Hayne

I'd rather take on the 2011 team than this backline'"

Hodges (for Tonga) is the only player I'd take over this years Aussie backline. You could make a case for Hayne over Boyd, but Boyd has been one of the best players in the NRL in the last couple of years, Hayne has been 5hit this season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2164No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014Dec 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Charlie Sheen "Don't remember Sailor and Falou playing in the same Aussie team.

In 1997 the 3/4 was Nags, ET, Girdler, Sailor. The 2000 WC final Aussie 3/4 line was Matt Rogers, McDougal, Matt Gidley and Del Sailor. I'd say with Inglis this Aussie backline is stronger. In 2003 the Aussie 3/4 line was Rooney (shame he left RL he would have become a legend) Lewis Berrigan(?) Minichello, again this Aussie back line is better. In 2006 it was Tate, Gasnier, Lyon, Inglis I think both are pretty even. This Aussie bacline my lack some of the household names from previous years but its just as dangerous and man for man quite a few levels above Englands.'"

The one that stands out for me is the 2006 backline – probably the best of recent times

With its production line of talent, we will never see a weak Aussie backline. Maybe I’m just getting nostalgic as I get on a bit but this year’s team (bar Inglis) doesn’t have the same awe to it as when we saw names like Miles, Menninga and Kenny in the centres or the likes of Grothe on the wing

RankPostsTeam
International Star5813No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons3ae4_files/4541-162reymo-msnicons.jpg
If your not cheating, your not trying. Barrie Mcdermott:icons3ae4_files/4541-162reymo-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Saddened! "I wouldn't have argued with any of the Huddersfield backs being selected, they are all very good.

McIllorum, Ablett and Bailey are my real eyebrow raising selections. I don't see what any of them would contribute in a positive sense.'"

Ablett is a cracking player and massively under rated by a lot. He has good hands good footwork and runs some good lines, he also has some pace for a back row forward and offers versatility as can cover SR, LF and centre, he is also in form. The others you mention could be debated, but for me ablett for me should be in the squad

63 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint
63 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Durham Giant , TimperleySaint

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.39990234375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Todays match v Saints
Fantastic Mr
5m
Shopping list for 2025
weaver93
6m