May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59880_1480501182.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59880.jpg

Quote: mat "Not sure what people expected in a match where we were outmatched in pack tbh. Couple of dodgy decisions apart can't complain at result too much and tbh it was pretty much expected. Don't think we can complain about team spirit too much, we were just our own worst enemies penalty wise and out classed on pitch in terms of players available on day.'"

Don't think it was a case of the better team won, our defence was like under 8s. The Giants just walked through us.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1008No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20201.jpg
"I'm 49, I've had a brain haemorrhage and a triple bypass and I could still go out and play a reasonable game of rugby union. But I wouldn't last 30 seconds in rugby league." - Graham Lowe (1995):20201.jpg

Quote: martinwildbull " If you knew anything about the laws of momentum, you would have reasoned things out for yourself instead of making totally naive statements like this, a complete contrast to your immediately preceding post. What is your excuse? Brain exhausted after the previous post?'"

Oh yes the fabled laws of momentum, must have forgotten about those, interesting then that some of our smaller players like Donaldson were still making tackles when our bigger players were getting brushed off, or of course there's the example of any number of smaller hookers I could mention who routinely make more tackles than props.

What is naive is to make an analogy with something you evidently know nothing about i.e. classical mechanics, whilst disregarding the empirical evidence that comes from using your eyes and watching the game you're meant to be commenting about.

Honestly, I'd almost forgotten why I'd given up posting on here, but thankfully you've popped up to remind me. Dealing with the occasional idiot is indeed exhausting. Thanks.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: anarkik "Are you suggesting smaller players get fatigued more easily, or that for some reason they have played longer and harder than many of the opposition players they face? This sounds like the making of an excuse, rather than a reasoned explanation.'"

Smaller and less physically mature men fatigue quicker when tackling bigger and more physically mature men - not just during a game but cumulatively over a season in my view. Walker, Whitehead and Olbison started the season well but are now playing poorly as our front row is consistently unable to match their opponents. I don't think this is anyone's fault, rather a consequence of the administration/budget situ. The 4 props we played yesterday aren't a Super League standard unit.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman28357
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

Quote: M@islebugs "Most of them are turning up and working their balls off.
Scruton, Langley, Evans, Fairbank is all that needs to be said. Foster has just come back from injury. Walker and Diskin are shot but we have a colossal deficit of physically mature players who are big enough. The defence is not about attitude, it is about physical fatigue.

I was far from convinced by Cummin's appointment but in a weird way today confirmed I was wrong. With the pack and bench we were able to put out, plus the players missing we never gave up. That has not always been the case.

I know it didn't look that way but with 50% Sky money scandal there's a lot more going right than wrong with this group and this coach.'"

I would agree with that. The other thing that a lot of the people posting on this thread seem to overlook is that, after playing over half the games this season, we are in seventh place and in a playoff spot. Over half the games. Played everybody at least once (and Huddersfield twice, including beating them at theirs). That is not a fluke. Yes it was a bad day at the office but this group and this coach have got us up to that league position and if we finished 7th then I would class that, given our season starting point, as an astonishing achievement.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4334
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54039_1294695296.jpg
[b:p889vjdy][i:p889vjdy][color=#FF0000:p889vjdy]BULLSBOY2011:[/color:p889vjdy][/i:p889vjdy][/b:p889vjdy] [i:p889vjdy][color=#0000FF:p889vjdy][size=85:p889vjdy]'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'[/size:p889vjdy][/color:p889vjdy][/i:p889vjdy] [color=#FF40BF:p889vjdy]Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)[/color:p889vjdy]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_54039.jpg

It wasn't just a bad day at the office though we have been poor against Leeds, Wigan, Huddersfield, London, Saints and Catalan.

Granted the majority of them are top 6 material but if you are saying that yesterday was a bad day at the office then how do you explain the poor defending and lackluster attack in the games I have mentioned?

It's no fluke that 3-4 of our players are in the top 10 for missed tackles and it's no fluke that we are slipping down the league. Yes we may be 7th (which is an outstanding achievement) but apart from beating Huddersfield (which WAS a bad day at the office for them) and nicking a draw at Leeds we are simply not good enough to compete.

I am not one to lose faith but at the moment our defence is so poor I can't see us beating Hull KR or Hull FC and in my opinion these are must win games to secure a playoff spot. Sorry to be negative but that's just the way it is. Yes we have got a lot of injuries too but that doesn't excuse missing 1 on 1 tackles or dropping the ball on the first tackle.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman17139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
755_1290430740.jpg
“At last, a real, Tory budget,” Daily Mail 24/9/22 "It may be that the honourable gentleman doesn't like mixing with his own side … but we on this side have a more convivial, fraternal spirit." Jacob Rees-Mogg 21/10/21 A member of the Guardian-reading, tofu-eating wokerati.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_755.jpg

Addy, who I admit to have never rated in the slightest, showed he is developing the ability to control a game & has a great future; Kear tried his socks off; that's about it. Foster might be a modern day full back but when you are in a team facing a hammering & are the last line of defence you have to put your body on the line, some of his attempts were not worthy of schoolboy RL, absolutely disgraceful. Whitehead seems to have gone backwards from the player who seemed to be pushing for an international place. Evans looks like a flabby pudding who is defensive liability after 10 minutes effort. At the moment Bulls are lacking the mental strength needed to make up for their squad deficiencies; whether Cummins can instill that time will tell.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2524
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Earl%20Sinclair.gif
Veni, Vidi, Spurius brutus detruncavi I came, I saw, I tore the thick b4st4rds limb from limb Bradford Bulls - the polished turds of SL since 2012:Black Backgrounds/Earl%20Sinclair.gif

Was it just me, actually the gf pointed it out that no bulls players where warming up they came of the bench and sat in the technical area whereas the hudds players where out stretching and so where the other teams, and the only sub i saw with 30mims to go was Donaldson where did the other players go?

af
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman10445No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
731.jpg
Bradford gave us Hockney, Leeds gave us Moyles.:731.jpg

Looking back through the fixtures list, we have had nine games in which our performance has been between OK and excellent, and nine where our performance has been between sub-par and awful. I guess the worry comes from the bulk of those first nine coming at the start of the season and five out of the last six games being of the second category.

We are currently sat on a point per game played which is generally the tally needed for the play-offs. But we will need an uptick in form to maintain that to 27. There are somewhere between 12 and 16 gettable points in the remaining 11 games. Starting with next week at HKR we need to start picking them up consistently.

Sun 2nd Jun
KO: 15:00 Hull Kingston Rovers vs. Bradford Bulls Must Win
Sun 9th Jun
KO: 15:00 St. Helens vs. Bradford Bulls Bonus
Sun 23rd Jun
KO: 15:00 Bradford Bulls vs. Widnes Vikings Must Win
Sun 30th Jun
KO: 15:00 Bradford Bulls vs. Warrington Wolves Bonus
July '13
Fri 5th Jul
KO: 20:00 Wigan Warriors vs. Bradford Bulls Bonus
Sun 21st Jul
KO: 15:00 Bradford Bulls vs. Hull FC Must win
August '13
Sun 4th Aug
KO: 15:30 Wakefield Wildcats vs. Bradford Bulls Must win
Sun 11th Aug
KO: 15:00 Bradford Bulls vs. Catalan Dragons ?
Sun 18th Aug
KO: 15:30 Castleford Tigers vs. Bradford Bulls Must win
September '13
Sun 1st Sep
KO: 15:00 Bradford Bulls vs. London Broncos Must win
Sun 8th Sep
KO: 15:00 Bradford Bulls vs. Huddersfield Giants Bonus

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9108No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13462.gif
:13462.gif

Had other plans yesterday so didn't see the game, it's on the planner but would I be best to save myself the misery?

RankPostsTeam
International Star11894No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:White Backgrounds/Statler.gif

Quote: debaser "Worst team performance of the weekend.'"

I'd like to point out that you did not produce the worst team performance

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12310
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28396_1358365565.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28396.jpg

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "I would agree with that. The other thing that a lot of the people posting on this thread seem to overlook is that, after playing over half the games this season, we are in seventh place and in a playoff spot. Over half the games. Played everybody at least once (and Huddersfield twice, including beating them at theirs). That is not a fluke. Yes it was a bad day at the office but this group and this coach have got us up to that league position and if we finished 7th then I would class that, given our season starting point, as an astonishing achievement.'"

To make the playoffs we need to start being a bit more consistent though. At this point we've still had more good games than poor, but if we don't start improving this is going to change and we are going to plummet out of the top 8.

I agree 7th is a great place for us to be at this stage, but on current form I wouldn't back us to stay there. It's going to be hard work over the coming weeks, and I think we will see who is up to the task.

Oh, and have to agree with Tigs on whitehead at the moment. He's gone backwards this season and he's not doing much lately other than missing tackles.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Bulls Boy 2011 "It wasn't just a bad day at the office though we have been poor against Leeds, Wigan, Huddersfield, London, Saints and Catalan.

Granted the majority of them are top 6 material but if you are saying that yesterday was a bad day at the office then how do you explain the poor defending and lackluster attack in the games I have mentioned?

It's no fluke that 3-4 of our players are in the top 10 for missed tackles and it's no fluke that we are slipping down the league. Yes we may be 7th (which is an outstanding achievement) but apart from beating Huddersfield (which WAS a bad day at the office for them) and nicking a draw at Leeds we are simply not good enough to compete.

I am not one to lose faith but at the moment our defence is so poor I can't see us beating Hull KR or Hull FC and in my opinion these are must win games to secure a playoff spot. Sorry to be negative but that's just the way it is. Yes we have got a lot of injuries too but that doesn't excuse missing 1 on 1 tackles or dropping the ball on the first tackle.'"

You're not being negative. It's a fair analysis of a squad that is four to five players and two years away from the sides you mention. That is still significantly better than we were for the last two years of SM and the first year of MP.

On the tackling issue, two of the three you mention with regards to missed tackles are in the Bulls top 3 tacklers and in the top 30 in SL. One of them Addy has played in the halves. The problem is they're defending TOO much.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4334
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54039_1294695296.jpg
[b:p889vjdy][i:p889vjdy][color=#FF0000:p889vjdy]BULLSBOY2011:[/color:p889vjdy][/i:p889vjdy][/b:p889vjdy] [i:p889vjdy][color=#0000FF:p889vjdy][size=85:p889vjdy]'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'[/size:p889vjdy][/color:p889vjdy][/i:p889vjdy] [color=#FF40BF:p889vjdy]Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)[/color:p889vjdy]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_54039.jpg

Quote: M@islebugs "You're not being negative. It's a fair analysis of a squad that is four to five players and two years away from the sides you mention. That is still significantly better than we were for the last two years of SM and the first year of MP.

On the tackling issue, two of the three you mention with regards to missed tackles are in the Bulls top 3 tacklers and in the top 30 in SL. One of them Addy has played in the halves. The problem is they're defending TOO much.'"

Well I tried to analyse it fairly. I'd say 4 or 5 players and two to three years short of those teams too. If we had kept Wardle it would be about 3-4. And yes I see your point but having 2 players miss 51 tackles EACH and another at 49 is disgusting tbh. The majority of those missed tackles there is barely an attempt either.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach8877No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/combustable.gif
Red Amber and Black Fantasy Rugby League Champion 2012. By far the most sensible posts on this thread have come from mystic eddie. - copyright Ewwenorfolk 09.04.2013 Aye, and Eddie is hinting at it too. And, as we all know: Mystic Eddie has been right all along! - copyright vbfg 05.01.2017:Others/combustable.gif

Quote: Bulls Boy 2011 "Well I tried to analyse it fairly. I'd say 4 or 5 players and two to three years short of those teams too. If we had kept Wardle it would be about 3-4. And yes I see your point but having 2 players miss 51 tackles EACH and another at 49 is disgusting tbh. The majority of those missed tackles there is barely an attempt either.'"

As I said on another thread, basics not being done properly.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator31835
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
438_1551258406.jpg
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_438.jpg

Given that we played this game with only one bona fide prop the result was unfortunately very predictable.

Hudders reminded me of a Bulls side of old. Lots of big lads running over the top of smaller lads. Fact is with the likes of Sidlow and Manoakafoa out we were bound to struggle. When we were on attack we rarely got the kind of momentum needed to give space to our backs, that led to panic passing and mistakes.

Our backrow is seriously missing Elima and Langley. Whitehead, Walker and Olbison are out of form and are struggling in defence. Only a couple of weeks ago Cummins said there were players struggling for form but the squad isn't big enough to drop them. That's why they keep getting picked.

I thought there was a lot of effort out there but fatigue took its toll on us. We didn't have the tools up front to apply pressure so we made more errors. Being on the back foot led to daft penalties being given away so we lost the energy battle.

On the positive side I though Elliot Kear had a great game. We're not likely to come up against a forward pack like that again versus HKR either.

The sooner Batemen is back the better as the backrow needs stiffening up. Evans and Fairbank are some way short of SL standard as is Olbison at the moment. Foster didn't look anywhere near match fit and it stood out a mile. That said his last ditch attempted tackles were laughable. I could do as well as that myself!

Anyway, I just hope we get some bodies back soon. It's been a very tough 5 weeks and we've played all the top teams lately (bar Salford). We are obviously some years off competing for honours but at least we're in the main beating all the teams we need to beat.

112 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
112 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.9462890625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
MadDogg
17m
Squad 2024
faxcar
17m
Rumours thread
The Avenger
26m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
26m
Film game
Boss Hog
42m
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
43m
Shopping list for 2025
UllFC
46m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
UllFC
Recent
Call for funds
Tony Fax
Recent
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Loiner at la
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Call for funds
Tony Fax
1m
Recruitment rumours and links
MorePlaymake
1m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
1m
Leigh it is
MadDogg
1m
Planning for next season
Septimius Se
1m
Whitehaven Away
the fax in a
1m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
3m
Film game
Boss Hog
4m
Ground Improvements
imwakefieldt
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Mr Snoodle
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Chris71
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
karetaker
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
MadDogg
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
TODAY
Must do better
Wires71
TODAY
Warrington Wolves Break Saints Hearts With Golden Point Win
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 2,275 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 Sat 5th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22