JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2015Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I thought you where totally robbed tonight by an incompetent Ref. Leeds got all the 50/50s and the back to back penalties allowing them to waltz up the field were just down right criminal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member613No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp100.gif
:simpsons/simp100.gif

Regarding the ref; it seems to happen quite often that a ref sinbins a player for 10 mins, and then starts to award penalties to that team to compensate for the loss of the player... or is it just me?

I thought the sinbinning of Buderus was the turning point last night

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3222No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds blancs/Diego.gif
[url:w48v2ohn]http://www.keighleycougars.info/c.do?category=110[/url:w48v2ohn]:fonds blancs/Diego.gif

I don't think the ref had any real impact on the result at all, Leeds just clawed it back.

For what it's worth, I thought you were head and shoulders above Leeds for 80% of the game.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member613No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp100.gif
:simpsons/simp100.gif

I'm not blaming the ref in anyway - we had enough chances to get ourselves out of trouble.

It seems to happen in most matches though when a man is sinbinned (not just ours)

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14145No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45.jpg

Looks like those of us who DID think Bentham went out of his way to help Leeds in the last quarter (and I see that includes a few Leeds fans too) will find a diplomatic Macca echoing that sentiment in the T&A report

"...some other people..."?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach14158No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40284_1492546122.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40284.jpg

WTF was Kearney thinking? You had that in the bag, Orford would not of missed.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach63No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2013Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

All in all a good game and credit to both sides. I thought we (Bulls) should have won, but we made a few costly errors towards the end which Leeds took advantage of.

I still think Reardon is not a winger. His positional play in defence was very poor (he keeps coming inside rather than marking his opposote number) and he dropped a couple of high balls at a crucial stage of the game. On saying this, I have a lot of respect for him as a player and I'd like to see him tried out at centre instead of Nero. I know that Nero had a great game but he's one of these players who will have one great game then for the following 5 or 6 games he retreats into his shell.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach158No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2011Jul 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Animal.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Animal.gif

think kearney was looking for penalty as leeds were offside as when he was tackled looked at bentham but he didnt give it think all 50/50 calls went against us as big call in 2nd half where he said reardon knocked on if hed gone to vr hed have seen came off smith plus think in 1st half were nero tried to play ball with webb on floor not even trying to roll away was interferance and he gives a bulls knock on

thats my moan about ref
the plus points defo keep sykes at so as he really had a good game there and we missed him when he went off injuired.kearney will only get better at fb once harder pitches come and halley looked alot better on wing all id do is drop reardon as didnt have a good game and how many tries now has he cost us by coming too far in field id play either crookes or sherriffe on that wing

feel sorry for james donaldson as the lad looked gutted at the end but to be fair to him think it was a 2 on 1 ball steal rather then him losing ball

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9091No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13462.gif
:13462.gif

Quote: bradbull "think kearney was looking for penalty as leeds were offside as when he was tackled looked at bentham but he didnt give itl'"

Hopefully Kearney will learn from this. It SHOULD have been a penalty but Bentham would never have given a penalty in that situation. I'm surprised they appointed him for such a big game, he is IMO the most inconsistent ref in SL. The amount of poor ref's we have is a big concern and quite a few touchies surely are close to retiring? Do we have enough quality coming through to replace the current lot though?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach158No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2011Jul 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Bully_Boxer "Hopefully Kearney will learn from this. It SHOULD have been a penalty but Bentham would never have given a penalty in that situation. I'm surprised they appointed him for such a big game, he is IMO the most inconsistent ref in SL. The amount of poor ref's we have is a big concern and quite a few touchies surely are close to retiring? Do we have enough quality coming through to replace the current lot though?'"

your spot on there as bentham didnt have bottle to give penalty.i cant remember when bentham had a good game for bulls as from wat i can remember always gives 50/50 calls to other team has the guy got it in for bulls or is the glare off his crome dome effecting his judgement

RankPostsTeam
Moderator10969
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2023Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1271.jpg
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain Build Bridges NOT Walls:1271.jpg

We didn't get much luck in the last quarter that's for sure. We could certainly have done with the odd fifty fifty call going our way in that period, though that's not to say we didn't get any through the rest of the game because we did, but having to defend for such long periods, at the scrag end of what had been a very physical encounter, didn't do us any favours at all and was always going to leave us under the cosh.

I think we battled tremendously in that period of the game to be honest, and the point we got was hard earned against a strong Leeds team. Much impressed by the increased fluency of the handling too, the season is getting better.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3859No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12722.gif
:12722.gif

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "Well, another sterling effort, and a game that we certainly deserved to win, and should have won.
Not many complaints, but some of them are critical.

1. The penalty against us for passing "after the tackle". Bloody ludicrous! Even if he had called "held" (and I just watched the vid and he did not) - WHY call held almost an instant only after being touched, and when clearly, to anyone, he is NOT held, and is struggling to get the ball away? A game-turner as we could easily have scored in the next tackle or two.

2. The Halley "No try". As most will know, I reckon our VRs are just there for comedic effect but really - a dropout??? On what possible basis? No sane person could ever coinclude that the Leeds player grounded the ball, and the only grounding that took place was by Halley's chest when he ended up lying on the ball. Which is, of course, a blatant try. And even if not blatant in your opinion - why is it that the Bulls never, ever, get a 'benefit of the doubt'?

3. Orford's attempts to kick goals. At least, I think that's what they were. For a man with a bit of a kicking pedigree, he is utter gash. Not even kicks under the posts are convincing. He doesn't even threaten the posts. We need to sack him off that job post haste. And of course it cost us the match.

4. The crass drop-out decision. At the very least it was debatable who put the ball out, and WTF did not the ref just ask the VR for confirmation of the correct re-start - as we see so often, and so wisely? Instead, we end up with a decision which is blatantly and amateurishly wrong, compounded by a pig-headed decision not to get the help available, and which would have taken 2 seconds. And again, it ultimately ended up costing us.

5. Reardon, it seems, is pathologically terrified of his touchline. I have lost count of how many tries have been let in, in the 25 metre gap that he leaves. He's not in general playing that badly, but he's an utter liability coming in off his wing like he does. And every team knows he does it, hence the kicks into space and hence the lomg passes out wide. Again, it ultimately cost us.

6. Having worked a decent position for a DG - WTF were we doing? Ended up very funny with Lynch's abortion almost sliding over but really - again we had the matchwinning chance almost on a plate right there and screwed it up.

So much for the complaints. Overall, though, what a massive showing from the team. orford just gets better and better. Langley, Lynch and Scruton are monsters. Whitehead is coming on leaps and bounds. And Menzies - well - what else is left to say? Plus L'Estrange is rapidly making a big reputation for himself. And NEro suddenly and inexplicably right back to form. The first half especially was top notch - and with a kicker, and without bizarre refereeing, we'd have been home and hosed. For much of the second half we were chasing shadows as a long sequence of decisions went Leeds way and we had about a billion consecutive tackles. Still we stuck at it, and almost won it. Not perfect, but an excellent and entertaining game, and a point which the doom-mongers never believed we could get.'"

Spot on IMO. a014.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach158No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2011Jul 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

yep think there were alot of positives to come out of that game makes me laugh leeds fans saying thats best bulls will play as i dont feel we have hit our straps yet and once we do think one team will get a tonking

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9091No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13462.gif
:13462.gif

Quote: bradbull "your spot on there as bentham didnt have bottle to give penalty.i cant remember when bentham had a good game for bulls as from wat i can remember always gives 50/50 calls to other team has the guy got it in for bulls or is the glare off his crome dome effecting his judgement'"

I think the Glenn Hall offload was a massive decision against us too. He called held simultaneously with Hall offloading and told Hall that the ball carrying arm had touched the ground in his explanation. It clearly hadn't and I think that was the start of the Leeds momentum. Poor call from Bentham, but after calling held too early he had no choice but to penalise.. clown.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40218_1286737075.jpg
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40218.jpg

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "Well, another sterling effort, and a game that we certainly deserved to win, and should have won.'"

Indeed.

From a neutral's POV (who wanted Leeds to lose icon_wink.gif ), what you say is exactly what I was shouting at my telly/discussing with my mates (depending on the point!).

It was a crackin match though even if the result wasn't quite right. Still, one point is better than none I guess.

127 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
127 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.1767578125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
1m
Film game
Boss Hog
6m