JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
21910.gif
[u:b26ka63j][size=150:b26ka63j][color=black:b26ka63j][b:b26ka63j]I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying. [/b:b26ka63j][/color:b26ka63j][/size:b26ka63j][/u:b26ka63j] [size=117:b26ka63j]Michael Jordan[/size:b26ka63j]:21910.gif

Hood's biggest mistake was not reacting quicker to the obvious signs that McNamara wasn't going to turn things around.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15035
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
21910.gif
[u:b26ka63j][size=150:b26ka63j][color=black:b26ka63j][b:b26ka63j]I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying. [/b:b26ka63j][/color:b26ka63j][/size:b26ka63j][/u:b26ka63j] [size=117:b26ka63j]Michael Jordan[/size:b26ka63j]:21910.gif

Quote: domthebull "

He lacked the vision of a few years down the line and only concentrated on the now - harris is the greatest example of that.
'"

You can most certainly accuse Hood and McNamara of the total opposite they forgot about the now by focusing too much on the junior development at the expense of the first team.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner8224No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7741_1339451243.jpg
When you're a Bradford fan there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately it's usually an oncoming train:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7741.jpg

Quote: redeverready "You can most certainly accuse Hood and McNamara of the total opposite they forgot about the now by focusing too much on the junior development at the expense of the first team.'"

The thing is, what does Peter Hood know about rugby league junior development? This is not a knock on the man, but his job is the running of the club. He and the board hire the coaches and the scouts to find and develop these players and as such would be reliant on those coaches to provide reports on how these players are developing and if they should be retained or released.

However, he did give McNamara a little too long once it was obvious he was not the man needed to rebuild the team.
But he was being pushed as the best young British coach when he was Noble's assistant and given there was some kind of falling out between Noble and the board meaning Noble was leaving AND that other clubs were sniffing round McNamara, the board moved in what could be considered a sensible move at the time. They offered the "best young British coach" a long term deal. This meant they were supposed to be getting someone who could continue the clubs tradition of winning silverware AND implement the rebuilding of the youth development programme that was needed for the new home grown rules.

However as the old saying goes; hindsight is 20/20

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach427
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif

Sorry adey - meant could not read a legal contract.

.... As for Hood - he did try and invest in the first team as instructed. things could have been very different without injuries or red tape proceedings. I think Mcnamara would have been in a very different situation with either Bird or Orford fully fit for a year. Problem for me was too much was invested in these as our only plan for the season.

Todd carney - available possibly not getting a visa, hood or potter go for him we are getting a good player who needs some tlc and could turn out to be a masterstroke. We do not go for him and sombody else manages to get a visa we will hear everyone saying why didnt we make a move? lessons of previous failures showing more than a little reluctance?? also if we did get him fans would be calling it a shortsighted and last minute move that is not necessary given our abundance of halves for next year. SO not saying we could or should get him just showing how little things can have negative effects - and being a chairman/coach is not as plain sailing.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator10969
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2023Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1271.jpg
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain Build Bridges NOT Walls:1271.jpg

Quote: domthebull "Hold on

Caisley - solicitor who could read a legal contract. who could not read a balance sheet, or a rule book? he did some great things at bradford do not get me wrong but he got overexcited and did things too soon that were out of our budget.

Noble - encouraged to sign a player that would cause a mess. let us lose said players either because he was no good at nurturing kids or did not rate them.... bridge,atkins just two who did not get a chance under him. people forget the horrendous run that we went on before the incredible run to the 2005 final. what about mcnamara signing bai and mckenna because 2006 nobby had not got anything to replace all his escaping stars.... nobby could motivate established stars but could not see when to get rid or refresh his squad with youth. there will have been new coaches at at least four sl clubs why has he not taken one or been offered one? he needs money and lots of it. we had already won titles before he came and had players of the calibre of deacon,paul,peacock,fielden,lowes, forshaw, withers, anderson, mcdermott,pryce we were not lacking in talent when he took over.... vagana, hape and lesley were signings not without talent but pretty much established players. I do not doubt he still had work to do and did do some good things but he is part of the reason we are in a mess. He lacked the vision of a few years down the line and only concentrated on the now - harris is the greatest example of that.

Hood oh yeah lets blame it all on him.. he has tried to sign some potentially world class players bird, orford he has signed menzies and not broken the bank with these....'"

Good post mate, much to think about there.

On the question of Nobby, I feel he was brilliant at what he did, more or less as you outlined, and his record is outstanding as a coach at Odsal. To be honest I'm not sure [iexactly[/i how much he was personally to blame for Harrisgate, (he wouldn't be the first coach to be presented with a fait accompli, by a board, say) though he obviously was party to the deal. I think also your two examples of Bridge and Atkins are a tad unfair; Chris Bridge left IIRC not for playing reasons, but disciplinary ones, and was given more than one chance, according to reports at the time, whilst Ryan was way back in the pecking order when he left, and to be honest, I doubt more than one in a hundred would have put him in the first team at the time.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach96No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2013Mar 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17822_1260441142.jpg
Never choose a wife or bedlinen by candlelight I'm only using this username because, since migration to the new server, I'm unable to log in to my usual one as the e-mail address no longer exists and I can't remember the password.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17822.jpg

Quote: Adeybull "Maybe the club will surprise us all on Thursday by announcing a marquee messiah signing?

Its about the only thing I can think of that might just lift this depression a bit right now.

I just hope they don't surprise us by announcing something very much the opposite.'"

Not quite sure what you may be alluding to with "very much the opposite" but I don't think you mean an announcement about NOT signing a marquee player?

However (and quite probably unrelated to your post) I'm beginning to think that a period of administration may not be a bad thing. It would certainly sort out any disparate owbership issues and if things go well the worst that happens is we start next season on minus 4 points (probably more like minus 8 because it is Bradford after all).

Wakefield don't seem to have been harmed by it and are in a much stronger position because of it.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14145No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45.jpg

You have to be (or to be likely to become) insolvent to have the administration route open to you, though. That would mean we would have to be in a considerably worse financial situation than most people believe or assume?

I know several people have raised the question, and their points are valid as far as they go. But I'm not sure its a good idea debating the implications of administration over-much on here at this time? Unless it ever became clear it was a serious possibility - as it did at Wakey, when their forum went into overdrive on the subject. (And, sadly, relatively few of those contributing to the debate had much knowledge of the subject so a load of nonsense was talked in amongst the facts). It sends out some very negative signals surely, at a time when that is the last thing we want?

One point that I do think needs making though, is that in any administration there are invariably lots of small local businesses and others who don't get paid at least part of what they are owed. I'm not sure that would be a very good thing? And I would expect our agreement for the long lease with the council - as well as those for other public and private funding streams - to become void in the event of an act of insolvency. Newbullsco could well find itself having to cut a deal, at short order and from a position of serious income stream weakness, with the owners of Valley Parade.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach427
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif

to be honest the only realistic options of improving have been taken. Our training facilities are good providing comfort for the families of juniors which is often overlooked.we have put steps in place to develop our youth.we may not get the program perfect initially but we are developing from within which is what wigan saints and leeds have been doing for years.that is what will help us survive we are lucky in some ways that fans remember the good times which were good -?now it is upto uthe club to develop a policy of bringing through the youth and giving us chance in the future for inevitable player losses and less need for outsiders who do not understand the family culture.it is difficult thouggh as leedss have found as to when you evolve your team.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman17139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
755_1290430740.jpg
“At last, a real, Tory budget,” Daily Mail 24/9/22 "It may be that the honourable gentleman doesn't like mixing with his own side … but we on this side have a more convivial, fraternal spirit." Jacob Rees-Mogg 21/10/21 A member of the Guardian-reading, tofu-eating wokerati.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_755.jpg

Quote: redeverready "Hood's biggest mistake was not reacting quicker to the obvious signs that McNamara wasn't going to turn things around.'"

That'll teach him to believe some of the posters on here.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach763No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45060_1394807359.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45060.jpg

On a positive note, my under 8's team were awesome!

Olivier Elima, Pat Ah Van and Tom Burgess handed out the awards at our prsentation night a couple of months ago and they seemed to remember the kids, as they were watching the game with interest when the Bulls players came out for a stroll on the field before they got stripped.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5280
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: redeverready "Hood's biggest mistake was not reacting quicker to the obvious signs that McNamara wasn't going to turn things around.'"

He did turn it around, he turned it around into reverse.

RankPostsTeam
International Star346No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2012Oct 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

In many businesses, EXPERTS are brought it in to turn around the balance sheet or stop companies losing as much money. In almost all these situations, the number one criteria the person responsible for the changes is judged is the financial state of the company moving forward. Peter Hood has achieved this having been restricted massiveley by the contracts in place and legal action over issues that took place before his time.

RE macca, the Bulls had a coach who was widely regarded to have a lot of potential, but more importantly will have known and accepted the restraints and problems he had to deal with. Like it or not, there wont have been a line of established coaches who wanted to oversee the transition the bulls had to undertake to remain a going concern. the fact that he has then managed to attract a coach of potters pedigree, and players such as orford and menzies is a major achievement imo.

when you look at some of the players we have attracted, i think we have done well. Le strange and kearney and top drawer players who have worked out. Menzies was exceptional here so must be classed as a good piece of work. The others were V unlucky not to work out. Hall was v good and has been awesome back in the NRL. Orford was a world class HB who a number of clubs would have loved to have signed. We also agreed terms with Bird, who is world class also. not bad for a club with out finances.

the bulls have had to scrape their way out of a dire financial position to where they are now, and that is a club with good facitilies and some promising youngsters. we now have a platform to build on and the next stage wont come easy given our lack of a big money backer.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14145No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45.jpg

That looks like the sort of post I normally write...!

Re bringing in Experts (your first point) I think that was what Gareth Davies was brought in to do. I know they put together a pretty detailed business and financial plan. I suspect that a few people were not at all happy with some of the inconvenient financial truths that that plan brought out, and I suspect Brian Noble may have been one of them.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4334
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54039_1294695296.jpg
[b:p889vjdy][i:p889vjdy][color=#FF0000:p889vjdy]BULLSBOY2011:[/color:p889vjdy][/i:p889vjdy][/b:p889vjdy] [i:p889vjdy][color=#0000FF:p889vjdy][size=85:p889vjdy]'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'[/size:p889vjdy][/color:p889vjdy][/i:p889vjdy] [color=#FF40BF:p889vjdy]Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)[/color:p889vjdy]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_54039.jpg

Biggest mistake the club made was Nobby not playing Pryce at Stand-Off when he asked to play there.

RankPostsTeam
International Star346No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2012Oct 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

its easy to say that in hindsight, but noble was hugely sucessful and had earned the right to back his decisions. he decided that pryce wasnt the best standoff at the club, having not played the position since he was 16?? in that case, do you really assure him of it when you dont think hes the best person for the role

112 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
112 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.42626953125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
5m
Rumours thread
Dunkirk Spir
8m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
10m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
just_browny
11m
Film game
Boss Hog
14m
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
Recent
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
Recent
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
chapylad
Recent
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
Recent
Planning for next season
Jack Gaskell
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Call for funds
Tony Fax
41s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Exeter Rhino
59s
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
1m
Recruitment rumours and links
MorePlaymake
1m
Shopping list for 2025
UllFC
2m
Man of Steel
MorePlaymake
2m
Douglas Blac
2m
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
karetaker
2m
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
3m
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Douglas Blac
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Chris71
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
karetaker
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
TODAY
Must do better
Wires71
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +13,015 ↓-8380,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 Sat 5th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22