FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Bradford Bulls > Round 6 | vs. Batley Bulldogs (Home)
132 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman632No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
983.gif
:983.gif

Quote: dddooommm "Big game against the Rovers in the cup next week!'"

Whilst it'll show us where we are, big game it isn't. Has absolutely no bearing on our season and honestly I'd rather get on with playing Dewsbury the week after.

Great result that today though, wouldn't have expected it in a million years. Thomas played well but thought Leon was the MOTM by quite some way. Thew out some lovely balls.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman28357
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

We are better than we had a right to expect, but still fragile and some soft defence and naive errors. We've used the loan system very well but Oledzki (for example) isn't our player and we won't have him all year. He was immense today, and on the back of that, the pack gave as good as it got and ended up well on top. On the other hand, Pryce is our man, and while he doesn't do that much, he does do the things that win games, like earning crucial penalties, and like the sweet pass that opened up Batley for what I think was the key score. Very please for Campbell, and Thomas, who have taken some stick, and is there anything Ethan can't do to score? Like a bleedin salmon today.

I hope the performance builds the confidence that you could see flooding through once the game was won, and they deserve the plaudits as there wasn't a poor performance today, if you don't count Smith's tactical kicking, which was gash. Well donez all.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5879No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13517.jpg
:13517.jpg

Quote: dddooommm "Dane Manning sent off.'"

Nah he only got a yellow.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain285No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20169 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2021Sep 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Whilst Oscar won MOM, and he did play well, my MOM was Scott Moore by a mile. He was in at everything, running, tackling and passing. Will be missed if he goes down. Best game of season so far for Leon and our props ran very hard today.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5879No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13517.jpg

I really hope Keyes missed out through injury and not just tactics, because Lee Smith at 7 did not work. At all. We won that game with only one halfback basically.
Also yet another game where we have an unused sub. Why put him on the bench if you aren't going to use him?

Having said that, I thought we won the forward battle today by some margin. We've actually managed to scramble together a pretty good set of front rowers now, all five of them who played today made good yards, although Kirk was probably the weakest of the bunch.
Campbell had a great game, and has probably played himself into the starting 17 with that performance.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3183
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Pollsters doing Excellent job - say recent polls.:

Keyes is injured. Lee smith seems to be carrying a knock. That setup today had our 3 least injured pivots on the pitch.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach474
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46442.jpg
:46442.jpg

Several strong candidates for MoM, Moore and Pryce did what they should be doing at this level. Pack played with plenty of energy and Roche was playing very well before the injury.

I'd go with Campbell - hungry for work came inside and took the ball in plenty of times, injected energy at vital times and showed great awareness for the intercept try.

If Thomas gets on Pryce's shoulder every week he'll score a lot of tries this year!

RankPostsTeam
International Star43No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quality of match report plumbs new depths.

Sorry to keep banging on about this, but the english language is a beautiful thing, and that guy's output causes me actual physical pain.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3994
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13554.jpg
The phrase politically correct is in itself politcally incorrect so should be rephrased politically stupid! If you like old type radio comedy/ dramas etc listen to //pumpkinfm.com/ Statistically speaking you have a better chance of getting dead the older you get! Thank god only when you find a religion that passes the truth test!:13554.jpg

Quote: Stan Doffarf "Quality of match report plumbs new depths.

Sorry to keep banging on about this, but the english language is a beautiful thing, and that guy's output causes me actual physical pain.'"

Has someone dragged Ray French out of retirement?

RankPostsTeam
International Star7122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59880_1480501182.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59880.jpg

Sorry to keep banging on about this, but the english language is a beautiful thing, and that guy's output causes me actual physical pain.'"

Not as bad as the player profile where someone posted on twitter for Oscars Thomas profile on the Bulls website, his position was marked down as Full Back/Half BLACK icon_frustrated.gif

Onto the game. I think Keyes was injured as he wasn't in the 19 man warm up. I thought we totally out smarted Batley and won that game with our brains. Pryce is getting better and better. Him & Moore picked the right passes at the right time. Superb eusa_clap.gif We actually look a more complete team than last year. We had plenty of dogs bodies and some talent but absolutely no one to steer the ship last year. Pryce and Moore are clearly guiding us around superbly. Campbell was outstanding and my M.O.M. He's cemented that right wing spot now. I agree with Northus. I am frustrated with us having an unused back on the bench every game. It will come to bite us in a tight game when we're tiring.

I have to say we are playing some of the best attacking rugby i've seen for a few years. When the ball gets out to the left, the moves, and passing between Thomas, Bentley, Oakes and Ryan are a joy to watch. Defence is still a bit wobbly and our discipline and errors are frustrating. Hopefully Smith can get up to fitness and replace Mendieka who isn't up to it IMO. No idea how he didn't score in the first half and his inability to draw a man in is frustrating.

Great 2 points to gain. Lets not love up against Dewsbury who will be fired up for us before returning to their weekly slump like every year. icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star3546
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2019May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
69500_1482141774.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_69500.jpg

Don't be sorry, it has the same effect on me. I don't mind them wanting to save money here and there, but I believe the club's website and social media outlets are a big indicator of a club's professionalism, and whoever is running ours is damaging that professional visage. But I suppose if they don't want to pay for someone to do it properly, maybe the money is being spent elsewhere. Regardless, I avoid reading them now.

The "typo" that Bull Mania mentioned was a particularly bad one though and spread around social media like wildfire last night until someone has since changed it. For the official website to have "half black" listed under a black player's profile could very easily offend someone in these days where offence is taken very quickly. Surely that's as good an example than any of needing someone to proof read rather than just using a spell checker.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator31835
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
438_1551258406.jpg
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_438.jpg

Probably our most complete performance yet yesterday. I was impressed with how we contained Batley's forwards. Having three props on the bench was a great move. All the pack played well. Pryce had his best game yet and when he ran the ball Batley couldn't deal with him. He wound up a few in the opposition nicely too.

Ethan Ryan's finishing just gets batter. Oakes too is a real handful for the defence and it was great to see Campbell take his chance. He's got that wing sewn up now IMO.

The kicking game could have been better but with a makeshift halfback in Smith it was understandable. In the end it didn't matter.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator10969
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2023Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1271.jpg
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain Build Bridges NOT Walls:1271.jpg

Excellent game from us, marred only be some pretty naive defence particularly in the first half.

We toughed out a game in which we would probably have crumbled in times gone by and that was good to see. So many great tries, though, and whilst I don't think you could really quibble with Oscar getting MOM, I think there were half a dozen reasonable candidates, my own choice being a near call between Johnny Campbell (if he can play like that, how come he's figured so little over the last two years?) and Mikolaj Oledzki, (Leeds have an absolute diamond in that kid) and I give it to Campbell only because I thought his intercept try was probably the gamebreaker, which put the game out of reach for Batley.

Pity we don't yet have a bigger squad, as it would be nice to be able to keep most of the team out of the firing line against Fev in the cup and save them for Dewsbury in a fortnight. I think we should be approaching that game, if not quite like a cup final, at least as the important fixture it most certainly is.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5879No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13517.jpg

I don't understand what's happened with Batley. I know they've lost John Kear and a few players - Keegan Hirst is a big loss - but they looked a shadow of the team we played last season.
They finished either 3rd of 4th last season so they will have received a decent wedge of central funding, they're still a part time team but I can't work out where any of that money has been spent?

RankPostsTeam
International Star7122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59880_1480501182.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59880.jpg

Quote: Nothus "I don't understand what's happened with Batley. I know they've lost John Kear and a few players - Keegan Hirst is a big loss - but they looked a shadow of the team we played last season.
They finished either 3rd of 4th last season so they will have received a decent wedge of central funding, they're still a part time team but I can't work out where any of that money has been spent?'"

Probably returned to the norm after an exceptional year last year. Under Kear they were fighting relegation most of the time and only just avoiding it on a couple of occasions.

132 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
132 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.11474609375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
1m
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
4m