JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I'm not sure that the general body of fans would be that interested in buying shares. a) They've made their contribution and will not be doing it again any time soon (especially once they realise that they'll be paying a lot more to watch the team next year); b) They really want someone with deep pockets running the club, someone that could keep it going in the bad times, someone who will not have to resort to them to bail out the club again; c) Sorting out any problems caused by the current shareholder structure is of absolutely no interest to 99.99% of fans.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14145No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45.jpg

Quote: Cibaman "I'm not sure that the general body of fans would be that interested in buying shares. a) They've made their contribution and will not be doing it again any time soon (especially once they realise that they'll be paying a lot more to watch the team next year); b) They really want someone with deep pockets running the club, someone that could keep it going in the bad times, someone who will not have to resort to them to bail out the club again; c) Sorting out any problems caused by the current shareholder structure is of absolutely no interest to 99.99% of fans.'"

And guess what? That is pretty well my conclusion too. I really doubt most fans give a flying you-know-what who is in charge, as long as they have someone to moan about and blame.

A very dedicated fan said to me (whilst collecting last Friday) that Coco the clown could be chairman for all he cared, as long as we had a club to follow and a decent team to watch.

Was he that wrong? Was he heck, IMO.

Internet forms attract fans who tend, on average to take a more active interest in such things than most, I suggest? Having been involved twice now in establishing supporter organisations and doing petitions and surveys and things, I know only too well just how hard it is to raise any significant body of supporters.

And how much work is involved.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8991
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47035_1386433761.gif
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47035.gif

What happened with the good friday deadline????

How did a deadline change from one bank holiday to another. I never understood that deadline for the £500k. I can't think who would be demanding money on Good Friday, Easter Saturday, Sunday or Monday???

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1008No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20201.jpg
"I'm 49, I've had a brain haemorrhage and a triple bypass and I could still go out and play a reasonable game of rugby union. But I wouldn't last 30 seconds in rugby league." - Graham Lowe (1995):20201.jpg

Quote: Adeybull "And guess what? That is pretty well my conclusion too. I really doubt most fans give a flying you-know-what who is in charge, as long as they have someone to moan about and blame.

A very dedicated fan said to me (whilst collecting last Friday) that Coco the clown could be chairman for all he cared, as long as we had a club to follow and a decent team to watch.

Was he that wrong? Was he heck, IMO.

Internet forms attract fans who tend, on average to take a more active interest in such things than most, I suggest? Having been involved twice now in establishing supporter organisations and doing petitions and surveys and things, I know only too well just how hard it is to raise any significant body of supporters.

And how much work is involved.'"

For the most part I'd agree, ordinary fans don't want a direct day to day say in how the club is run (excepting team selection of course!) but you'd be surprised how many people would change their mind if they could demonstrate they were an 'owner' of their club by having a share certificate, even if they only stuck it on the wall. I'm sure I have my Bullbuilder certificate attached to something, solid, somewhere (even if it's not framed and suspended with blu-tac...) and if this allowed them a vote in who represented their interests on the Board then this might become the beginning of a cultural shift in which people can begin to take an interest. This is quite different than getting people to attend regular meetings or stand around getting petitions signed. I'm afraid we've become conditioned to one way of doing things and believe that is the only way things can be done, but you might be surprised if things start to be done differently how quickly attitudes can change.

I've seen it at first hand when visiting Green Bay in the frozen tundra of northern Wisconsin, the Packers are one of the most successful franchises in the NFL and are a community owned not for profit, prospering in the cut throat world of the ultra capitalist NFL amidst a legion of billionaire owners whilst building their roster bottom up, just as we've begun to do through investment in the academy. This is a small hard working industrial town whose civic pride is totally invested in the idea of community ownership and whose model of doing things remains an example of how things can be done very differently, if you don't believe me then have a read of the countless articles from sporting magazines to management journals. It doesn't mean we could replicate such a feat with the Bulls, the scale of the competition and revenue streams are vastly different, but now and again in the past I'm sure some of us liked to believe we were the people's team and did do things a little differently. Just because things are as they are now, doesn't mean they need always be that way.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3776No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2013Apr 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3586_1280057674.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3586.jpg

Quote: anarkik "
For the most part I'd agree, ordinary fans don't want a direct day to day say in how the club is run (excepting team selection of course!) but you'd be surprised how many people would change their mind if they could demonstrate they were an 'owner' of their club by having a share certificate, even if they only stuck it on the wall. I'm sure I have my Bullbuilder certificate attached to something, solid, somewhere (even if it's not framed and suspended with blu-tac...) and if this allowed them a vote in who represented their interests on the Board then this might become the beginning of a cultural shift in which people can begin to take an interest. This is quite different than getting people to attend regular meetings or stand around getting petitions signed. I'm afraid we've become conditioned to one way of doing things and believe that is the only way things can be done, but you might be surprised if things start to be done differently how quickly attitudes can change.

I've seen it at first hand when visiting Green Bay in the frozen tundra of northern Wisconsin, the Packers are one of the most successful franchises in the NFL and are a community owned not for profit, prospering in the cut throat world of the ultra capitalist NFL amidst a legion of billionaire owners whilst building their roster bottom up, just as we've begun to do through investment in the academy. This is a small hard working industrial town whose civic pride is totally invested in the idea of community ownership and whose model of doing things remains an example of how things can be done very differently, if you don't believe me then have a read of the countless articles from sporting magazines to management journals. It doesn't mean we could replicate such a feat with the Bulls, the scale of the competition and revenue streams are vastly different, but now and again in the past I'm sure some of us liked to believe we were the people's team and did do things a little differently. Just because things are as they are now, doesn't mean they need always be that way.'"

I'd love to see more fan ownership. You mention the Packers, there's Germany where I think at least half of all clubs in the Bundesliga must be owned by fans. Rugby league can offer something football can't in the UK, what did the Glazers pay for Manchester United - £1.6bn - RL is small money and the finances make fan ownership a realistic and viable option. Rugby league is very community orientated and I'd love for the sport to be in the hands of the very people who turn out every week watching the sport. National media coverage of the sport is poor, the main competition can't get a paying title sponsor... power to the people!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman28357
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

Quote: BM "I completely agree with that sentiment and it always is the small local businesses that get shafted as they have little say as to the acceptance of any CVA. It is [isometimes[/i a necessary evil though.
...'"

It is, but usually it is necessary only because businesses that could cheerfully muddle their way along get backed into a corner, often by their own bank who is supposed to be "supporting" such businesses, but whose beancounters couldn't actually give the tiniest shiitt about the business, if their spreadsheet says "pull", out comes the rug, and fsck you. I understand entirely why HMRC are of late taking a hard line with sports clubs - it is only a surprise that they haven't done it before given how many times they been "Rangered" - but in general terms, you can at least have a dialogue of some sort with HMRC. You can't with Basstards Bank.

As for the shareholding - well, what a disaster. Whilst Rome burns, apart from a late foray by Caisley, so far as we all know, the majority of the shareholders are doing fsck all, and care fsck all. Surely in such an hour of need there would be a line of communication, or a hint of some sort of action, if they did? Or does Caisley actually speak for them all, and have they been therefore content to sit and watch while we all emptied our piggy banks?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3994
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13554.jpg
The phrase politically correct is in itself politcally incorrect so should be rephrased politically stupid! If you like old type radio comedy/ dramas etc listen to //pumpkinfm.com/ Statistically speaking you have a better chance of getting dead the older you get! Thank god only when you find a religion that passes the truth test!:13554.jpg

That is such a pathetic attempt by GB I had to check the post date in case it 01-04-12 again, I bet the BoD's pi$$ed themselves looking at it, some fans may think its serious what he's insinuated, but again surmised and some of it in the realms of of fantasy, if he is guenuine he should have done it under his own name, if he had I would perhaps given his diatribe serious consideration, when you go throwing e a lot of it will stick to your hands as the saying goes.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach487No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2017Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

GB is absolutely spot on!
To argue in support of him on this forum is clearly pointless.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Adeybull "I meant "bad guys" as in Caisley or Hood or McNamara Noble or Hetherington or the tooth fairy or whoever folk deem to be responsible, from time to time!

Any activity by Bullbuilder would have to be one for the membership, in the first instance. I can't speak for either the membership or the board, other than to observe that the board is elected by the members to carry out their wishes.

But I'd ask an open question now. And of Mr Caisley and Mr Hood in particular, since I know they are both aware of the traffic on these forums

I think the smearing by association (not by you) of Brian Noble is one of the really horrible things to come out of this period. I'm sure Brian's not perfect but to play for a club for 20 years, coach at all levels and win what he won should afford you a deal more status than he has.

The club has told a version of events cloaked in confidentiality agreements and undisclosed fees and message board gossip etc while we've also seen others do all they could to undermine the board re: Sam Burgess and other things. Who is GB and is what he's saying correct? I suspect so but viewed in the round it's a nightmare of internecine feuding, backbiting, outright lying and brazen incompetence on the all sides.

When Caisley entered the frey last week I thought well at least this an intervention of sorts and anything is better than the status quo but I think either side would rather a landfill site at Odsal than see the other prevail. It's extremely worrying and all we get is Ryan having 'confidential talks', the demand for an EGM but no EGM. The way things are going there's no prospect of a consensus on share sales as Adey alludes to as clearly a larger game is being played over the bones of the club while we're all paying money into something, we know not what.

If the shareholders would agree to what you suggest the that would be great.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach993
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45148_1265187924.jpg
No Pain No Gain:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45148.jpg

I too am not happy with the ‘confidential talks’ statement considering how the club has just been bailed out by loyal fans and the RL community. The BOD need to be more open with fans and not just issue statements to suit themselves.
This is a critical time for the BOD I believe they really need to actively engage with fans to ensure the club has a bright future.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1323No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: M@islebugs "www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/sportbulls/9640956.Bradford_Bulls_chiefs_optimistic_as___500_000_mark_reached/

'Revenue and Customs'

Oh dear.'"

Who else do you think that we've owed taxes to?

RankPostsTeam
International Star1934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Maybe I've read too much into it but it appeared a change of language from simply HMRC even now it collects VAT as well.

mat
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9553
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

definitely an agenda at t&a. barely covering pledge being reached and not allowing comments. Also removing comments criticising their reporting on other related stories. this after the front page spreads given to caisley and sutcliffe.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14145No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45.jpg

HMRC = "Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs"

Merger of Inland Revenue, and HM Customs & Excise (who collected VAT)

83 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
83 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.31396484375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
bishops fing
29m
Leigh it is
Zig
39m