Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45.jpg

Quote: Duckman "I have similar worries, and I suspect the club hope the answer to your last bit is in this phrase;

[i"It is understood that would-be investors are monitoring the amounts being pledged in the ‘Quest for Survival’ campaign as they decide their next move.

At least one party has seen the club’s financial books with a view to possible investment.[/i "

rljoint effortrl

To me thats 1 or 2 investors waiting to see how small an amount they need to put in to "top-up" the pledge to the final total and therefore invest with a lower amount. At least I hope so, because I just can't see £1m coming only from the fans, we need new large scale investment, and hopefully the show of faith by fans with the pledges, the fans backing last night and the performance by so many bradford developed players will convince these new investors waiting in the wings to step up and bridge any gaps in the totals.'"

That is precisely how it was explained to me, a few hours after the story broke. Show those with some money to invest why the Bulls is worth backing.

RankPostsTeam
International Star16No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2012Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The pledge announcement has been stated as being on the 7th April, I am assuming the Bradford vs Leeds match on the Friday is going to be an investor 'showcase'. Market the fact that this could be our last match, pull in the crowds and get the fans support loud and proud within Odsal to show why were worth investing in. As an investor this is what's important because more than likely they will be looking for a return.

Atki

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4525
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13619.gif
:13619.gif

Is this a case of the supporters giving the club money and then the investors topping this up expecting some kind of return? Or is it a case getting £500k pledged by the fans and the using this as a demonstration to investors to show the support for the Bulls and then the investors will put up the whole amount? And if we need the MONEY by next week what happens if we reach the pledge target but then fail to actually realise the amount when it is time to pay up? AS an aside if we don't have any debts (in that we keep being told we only have outstanding tax and image right payments to make) does that mean we have collateral tied up in the state of the art training establishment we have?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4035
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jan 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30148_1289234681.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_30148.jpg

Quote: Adeybull "That is precisely how it was explained to me, a few hours after the story broke. Show those with some money to invest why the Bulls is worth backing.'"

Quote: Adeybull "The pledge announcement has been stated as being on the 7th April, I am assuming the Bradford vs Leeds match on the Friday is going to be an investor 'showcase'. Market the fact that this could be our last match, pull in the crowds and get the fans support loud and proud within Odsal to show why were worth investing in. As an investor this is what's important because more than likely they will be looking for a return.'"

makes some sence, and I'm quietly confident of some positive news after the leeds game which i think will be an event to remember...

..but i still have some questions and doubts about the recent past and long term future, but thats for another day, lets put this fire out first. Welcome atki btw icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star238No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2012May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: AaronBull "Yup, I bow down to Adey on this one, he's much more financially savvy than me (and most).

I read it as, there were enough personal guarantees and assets such as the Coral Stand to prevent the bank from pulling the plug so suddenly after the club sold Odsal?'"

Dont shoot me down here , but if there are all these guarantees , why are your BOD asking the fans to stump up?? why not call in these guarantees ??

something just doesnt seem right there, hope i am wrong and the Bulls survive this mess

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14145No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg

Quote: forrard "Dont shoot me down here , but if there are all these guarantees , why are your BOD asking the fans to stump up?? why not call in these guarantees ??

something just doesnt seem right there, hope i am wrong and the Bulls survive this mess'"

Er...because the directors would have to pay hundreds of thousands of pounds, personally. Why the hell should they be asked to or expected to do that? Especially when they do the job for free, and their shares are essentially worthless?

And anyway, it would be for the BANK to call in the guarantees, and that would only happen if the club became formally insolvent.

And, if you wonder why the Board chose to repay the overdraft...it almost certainly didn't. It does not work that way. You basically pay money into the account and the bank grabs it. And won't let you make any payments without their leave - it will just bounce them for being over the limit. The BOD will have likely been told by the bank: "tough".

Isn't this the same bank that pours heaven knows how much into Rugby Union?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4525
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13619.gif
:13619.gif

Quote: Adeybull "

And, if you wonder why the Board chose to repay the overdraft...it almost certainly didn't. It does not work that way. You basically pay money into the account and the bank grabs it. And won't let you make any payments without their leave - it will just bounce them for being over the limit. The BOD will have likely been told by the bank
You see. Banks are the work of the devil. The Bulls should now run everything on a cash only basis. Would also have advantages for the salary cap as well (if that ever became a factor again).

RankPostsTeam
International Star2524
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Earl%20Sinclair.gif
Veni, Vidi, Spurius brutus detruncavi I came, I saw, I tore the thick b4st4rds limb from limb Bradford Bulls - the polished turds of SL since 2012:Black Backgrounds/Earl%20Sinclair.gif

I suppose at the game on friday, they club may show how much as been raised up till that date like they did for the season ticket pledges

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach410No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Jan 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Having spoken to several, well connected people (inside & outside of the club) today, I can categorically say that the BoD are doing absolutely everything in their powers to ensure we have a club in the future.

They admit that their comms with the fans has not been good enough, but to be fair, they have had other pressing issues to deal with !

I could go on, justify why I have changed my tune, but I won't. If many knew exactly what Ryan & Peter are doing behind the scenes there would be a very very different tone on here. We are in better hands than you could imagine.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg

Quote: staffbull1973 "Having spoken to several, well connected people (inside & outside of the club) today, I can categorically say that the BoD are doing absolutely everything in their powers to ensure we have a club in the future.

They admit that their comms with the fans has not been good enough, but to be fair, they have had other pressing issues to deal with !

I could go on, justify why I have changed my tune, but I won't. If many knew exactly what Ryan & Peter are doing behind the scenes there would be a very very different tone on here. We are in better hands than you could imagine.'"

Wow. Must admit, hearing that from you was both unexpected and very encouraging.

But I'm very very pleased to hear you say it, because I know you are not easily fooled and are a passionate fan, so it helps me in thinking I've read it right too. It can be lonely ploughing these furrows sometimes, when you stick your neck out based on your judgment, and set yourself up for a potential big fall if you judge it wrong. Big respect to you too, for taking the trouble to actually go find out some facts, and then to consider them and form a view accordingly. I'm really heartened to read what you said.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach410No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Jan 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Thank you Adey. If anyone wants to really know what is going on, pick up the phone, drop an email and find out the TRUTH. Thats what I did.

I actually sought the FACTS, not the thoughts, assumptions and lies on here.

We are in great hands and if we survive this, Messers Duckett & Hood deserve knighting for their personal efforts, commitments and proffessionality over this sorry (bank & RFL shafting) experience

RDM
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach708
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Adeybull "Er...because the directors would have to pay hundreds of thousands of pounds, personally. Why the hell should they be asked to or expected to do that? Especially when they do the job for free, and their shares are essentially worthless?'"

Because they're ultimately in charge of how the club manages its finances and if they've cocked things up why should anyone pay the price for their mistakes? ATEOTD if they didn't want to ever find themselves in a situation where the guarantees may be called upon they shouldn't have agreed to give them in the first place.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg

Quote: RDM "Because they're ultimately in charge of how the club manages its finances and if they've cocked things up why should anyone pay the price for their mistakes? ATEOTD if they didn't want to ever find themselves in a situation where the guarantees may be called upon they shouldn't have agreed to give them in the first place.'"

Fine.

Maybe if they had never taken the job of director on in the first place, for no pay but because of their passion for the game and the club, they would not have found themselves in the position of having to have given the guarantees?

I wonder how many others on here would have taken on the job, as a volunteer and getting nothing out of it personally except a load of grief, on those terms? If you were a Bulls fan, and reading your comments, if I was a director I'd say bollox to the lot of you then, go find someone else to do the job. And put your money where your mouth is by putting your own personal assets on the line.

RankPostsTeam
International Star365No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

So they can make guarantees but shouldn't be accountable for them?

Does Peter Hood not have shares that he can sell at a profit should the Bulls become "debt free"? Would he not have benefitted had the Odsal Sports Village become a reality?

And he can feel free to say bollox to the lot of us because he's ultimately responsible for this debacle.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach325No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I've not enough insider information to say whether the board is at fault or not. I do know that a few years ago as a fan I felt more part of the club than I do do now. Whether it's the attitude of the Board or lack of success I could not tell you. What I definitely do know is sitting in the North stand at Hull seeing the boys give their all is that i don't want the Bulls to finish. So I have pledged not for the board I've pledged for the City of Bradford and for me.

174 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
174 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.09326171875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
Cuddleclub
31m
Rumours and signings v9
CobraCraig
53m