JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2023Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1271.jpg
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain Build Bridges NOT Walls:1271.jpg

Quote: Adeybull "

I guess we will never know what would have happened, had Moore kept his mouth shut and not ever said anything to anyone about the (alleged lack of) points deduction? And I suspect we will anyway never really get to know just how extensive the role of the RFL may or may not have been in this whole sad, sorry debacle?'"

In all that's passed since I'd quite forgotten that, Adey, but yeah, I guess it has to be added to the litany of small, but ultimately significant, mess ups which have undoubtedly helped to put us where we are.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach523No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: club runs out of money, club goes bust, club pays price "

At last. That's it in a nutshell.

The only other issue of interest (except to a few on here) concerns the Sky money. i.e.
'You can stay in SL - but no Sky money this year'
ok, but can I have half this year and half next year instead?
ok - but if you go bust within two years the Club owes us the money back.
ok
and if we don't get it back from the Club, you owe us it personally.
ok

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14145No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45.jpg

Cut the disingenuous cräp. I expressly said that was NOT how this looks to be, as you well know.

If it WAS, then I would join you and the many others in having no argument.

But it must be as clear as day to even the most wooden-headed denialist that there must be much more to all this.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1149
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Nov 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think initially it was a simple case of badly managed club runs out of money.

It is the attempts to avoid the responsibility and consequences which have become very tangled.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3184
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Pollsters doing Excellent job - say recent polls.:

The other thing I would like to know more about is the RFL's decision to apply a 6 point penalty after BB2014 offered to pay all trade creditors in full over 5years. That seemed to completely wrong foot BB2014 and was not what they had expected after long & significant discussions with the RFL.

Is it something to do with the HMRC position that they can't accept payment if another creditor is getting nothing?

I can see a position where if trade creditors AND HMRC were going to be paid in full, but non trade creditors and Omar were going to get nothing, then the RFL would be comfortable defending a position where BB2014 didn't get a points deduction.

But the HMRC said they wouldn't accept that position.

Going off on a tangent - How would that work? I really cant see the conversation?

"BB2014 - Hi HMRC, you'll have noticed we've dropped £200k (which you were owed) into your account. And we've closed our account so you can't send it straight back.

HMRC - you blackhearted scoundrels. You knew we told you not to send us that money unless all creditors were paid. We will move heaven & earth to force you to take back this taxpayers money you cads...."

Any way, back on track. Here's my theory:

So the RFL plan started to unravel. Their priority is to make sure that HMRC get paid so that the RFL isn't as tarnished in the corridors of power. The trade creditors (RL fans, RL suppliers, local business folk) are less of a priority to the RFL. So they decide to hit BB2014 with the 6point penalty to force them to walk away. Which they did. Why wouldn't you? BB2014 thoughts - "So, if we pay off £500k of creditors, we get a 6 point penalty. RFL - yes. And if we pay off no creditors, we get a 6 point penalty, RFL yes."

So that is what I would like to know more about. Because the trade creditors were stuffed by that RFL process.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53369_1372166245.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53369.jpg

Quote: Highlander "But the HMRC said they wouldn't accept that position. '"

From what I remember, it was the RFL that said the HMRC would not accept any payment proposal (which I found a little odd at the time)

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2874No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8762_1295775855.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8762.jpg

Quote: Adeybull "
- Then, it would seem, the RFL suddenly, and at the 11th hour, came up with a claim of its own as a creditor. Again, one assumes this was in the form of a formal "proof of debt". Again, something that was not recorded in the books and records of the company and, cursiously, something that the RFL seemingly did not lodge with the administrator at the earliest possibel opportunity. FA considers the nature and timing of this claim "odd", and would very much like to know where it came from. And so would I.

'"

If the nature of the RFL's claim is as I understand it to be then you would not expect to see it within the company accounts. From the company's point of view it would be classed as Contingent Liability and therefore not included within the accounts, except perhaps as a note to the accounts.

I suspect that there has been a game of "tit for tat" here. The RFL's claim was against OK and his personal guarantee to repay all SL monies in the event of another insolvency event. I suspect that OK has tried to include this guarantee within his creditor claim and so the RFL have contra'd it as the ultimate creditor of that amount, e.g. it may be due to OK in the first instance but is ultimately due to the RFL via a signed legal agreement, a kind of first charge if you will.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg

Quote: Highlander "So that is what I would like to know more about. Because the trade creditors were stuffed by that RFL process.'"

Of course, if we engage in more flights of fancy (another subject Bulls supporters are no strangers to, given the regular flights of fancy we have to endure from those who do not wish us well...) then we could improve on that, could we not? In one particular flight of fancy, for example, a plan to see the creditors paid, with a [iquid pro quo[/i of no points deduction or special measures, might or might not have been stymied by the actions of the likes of, e.g. Carter and the Wakefield Supporters Trust? Albeit in response to certain very unwise statements by a certain then-chairman previously alluded to, which may or may not have put the RFL in a position where they were unable to follow through on the plans hitherto?

As I said, just one total flight of fancy, albeit one that might occur to a creditor who could have been paid, and could now not be paid as a result? But maybe one to bear in mind, in the face of any vitriol that may or may not eminate from some of those who have demonstrated by their actions they do not wish us well?

RankPostsTeam
International Star3534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Remember the RFL told the Bulls to go into admin and there will be no points deduction or ludicrous Sky money penalty

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg

Quote: Derwent "If the nature of the RFL's claim is as I understand it to be then you would not expect to see it within the company accounts. From the company's point of view it would be classed as Contingent Liability and therefore not included within the accounts, except perhaps as a note to the accounts.

I suspect that there has been a game of "tit for tat" here. The RFL's claim was against OK and his personal guarantee to repay all SL monies in the event of another insolvency event. I suspect that OK has tried to include this guarantee within his creditor claim and so the RFL have contra'd it as the ultimate creditor of that amount, e.g. it may be due to OK in the first instance but is ultimately due to the RFL via a signed legal agreement, a kind of first charge if you will.'"

Would not be in the least bit surprised.

Although if the RFL HAD secured a PG from OK, that should not be anything to do with the company at all? Unless the deal between the RFL and OKB for the central funding included a clause allowing the RFL to seek to recover some or all central funding in the event of insolvency? In which case, it would indeed be a sort of contingent liability, a bit like the BBH contingent liability to repay the council the Odsal settlement, pro rata, should the club stop playing its home games at Odsal.

And, maybe, the RFL did not bother to lodge a formal claim initially because of the "yeah, whatever" explanation FA rightly gave earlier regarding further claims when there is no prospect of dividend?

And they lodged a claim only when OK lodged HIS claim, which (uncontested and if admitted) would have given him majority voting rights at a creditors' meeting?

IF we knew that such a clause WAS in place regarding the RFL and the central funding (another one of these agreements not in the public domain?) then that would certainly explain the RFL's action?

Like so many aspects of this disaster, so much of the damage is being done due to speculation - wild or otherwise because key facts necessary to form a reasoned judgment are not in the public domain. And may never become so.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2874No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8762_1295775855.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8762.jpg

Quote: Adeybull "Would not be in the least bit surprised.

Although if the RFL HAD secured a PG from OK, that should not be anything to do with the company at all? Unless the deal between the RFL and OKB for the central funding included a clause allowing the RFL to seek to recover some or all central funding in the event of insolvency? In which case, it would indeed be a sort of contingent liability, a bit like the BBH contingent liability to repay the council the Odsal settlement, pro rata, should the club stop playing its home games at Odsal.

And, maybe, the RFL did not bother to lodge a formal claim initially because of the "yeah, whatever" explanation FA rightly gave earlier regarding further claims when there is no prospect of dividend?

And they lodged a claim only when OK lodged HIS claim, which (uncontested and if admitted) would have given him majority voting rights at a creditors' meeting?

IF we knew that such a clause WAS in place regarding the RFL and the central funding (another one of these agreements not in the public domain?) then that would certainly explain the RFL's action?

Like so many aspects of this disaster, so much of the damage is being done due to speculation - wild or otherwise because key facts necessary to form a reasoned judgment are not in the public domain. And may never become so.'"

Well we do know that there was a signed agreement between OK and the RFL that all SL monies would be required to be repaid if there was another insolvency event because that has been reported publicly in the press, and is also stated in the administrator's background to insolvency report.

What we don't know is the precise nature of that agreement, which is what is causing the confusion. For instance, it may have been the case that the agreement was that the company was responsible for the repayment but it would default to OK being personally liable should the company have insufficient funds to meet the liability. In which case, the RFL would be perfectly entitled to lodge a creditor claim initially against the company for the amount in question. The administrator would then formally declare that the company could not meet said liability and so the RFL would then have proper recourse to pursue OK for the money.

RankPostsTeam
International Star322No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "I have several times summrised what happened at that meeting and stated that OK produced his proof to the administrator. I am not sure which bit you are having trouble with.
So why mention it again? Everybody who is interested has read all about these facts
Indeed it was not, any more than it is a loan to any other club. But who on earth argued it was a loan? Another of your straw men.
And yet claimed and got admitted as a £1m creditor. And thus voted to that amount. Odd, wouldn't you say?
"Recorded"? Why on earth would it need to be "recorded"? How would it be recorded? For what purpose? A creditors' meeting is attended by - and only by - CREDITORS. There's a clue in the phrase "creditors meeting". Your curious theory is just weird.
Again, nuts. How can there be any dispute as to how much distribution was paid to the Bulls? Unless you think it was paid in cash? The RFL was in fact (and very simply) claiming to be a creditor of OKB on the basis that it claimed OKB having gone into admin, had to pay the distribution money back. If the RFL was right, then it would be a debt. Owed by OKB. To the RFL. It is zero to do with any guarantee. If the RFL wanted to claim any money from OK personally then that would (obviously) be a matter purely between them and him. It would be nothing whatsoever to do with OKB and much less with the administrator of OKB. Either they could prove OK owed them money, or they couldn't. Either way, even you must realise that a creditors meeting of a company in administration is not the forum for a dispute between the RFL and a private individual about a claimed personal debt.
How do you suggest he was "Playing silly buggers"? He was either a creditor or he wasn't. What has that issue got to do with the RFL?
No poop, Sherlock. I have an equally profound revelation

Are you still here? Nothing yet on what Khan produced to prove his £1m claim? Nothing to show that it was accepted by the administrator?

Sky money went into OKB, OK gave a personal guarantee of repayment should OKB enter admin. Sky money DID NOT & WILL NOT appear as a liability on OKB accounts. OKB DID NOT have any liability to repay the funds OK DID & DOES.

As stated the RFL registered their agreement with OK with the administrator to ensure that monies paid into OKB were provable and recorded accurately in OKB's financial accounts. As can be seen OK has attempted to claim investment figures he simply cannot prove. The RFL was simply protecting it's position.

As governing body, and as the organisation that would be funding the running of the business during admin, the RFL was rightly involved in the discussions with the administrator.

You are nothing but an ill informed, ignorant troll.

mat
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9553
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: LeagueDweeb "Are you still here? Nothing yet on what Khan produced to prove his £1m claim? Nothing to show that it was accepted by the administrator?

Sky money went into OKB, OK gave a personal guarantee of repayment should OKB enter admin. Sky money DID NOT & WILL NOT appear as a liability on OKB accounts. OKB DID NOT have any liability to repay the funds OK DID & DOES.

As stated the RFL registered their agreement with OK with the administrator to ensure that monies paid into OKB were provable and recorded accurately in OKB's financial accounts. As can be seen OK has attempted to claim investment figures he simply cannot prove. The RFL was simply protecting it's position.

As governing body, and as the organisation that would be funding the running of the business during admin, the RFL was rightly involved in the discussions with the administrator.

You are nothing but an ill informed, ignorant troll.'"

Grief. You really don't know when to sto digging. d040.gif

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg

Quote: Derwent "Well we do know that there was a signed agreement between OK and the RFL that all SL monies would be required to be repaid if there was another insolvency event because that has been reported publicly in the press, and is also stated in the administrator's background to insolvency report.

What we don't know is the precise nature of that agreement, which is what is causing the confusion. For instance, it may have been the case that the agreement was that the company was responsible for the repayment but it would default to OK being personally liable should the company have insufficient funds to meet the liability. In which case, the RFL would be perfectly entitled to lodge a creditor claim initially against the company for the amount in question. The administrator would then formally declare that the company could not meet said liability and so the RFL would then have proper recourse to pursue OK for the money.'"

Yup. That's pretty well as I see it. Sadly, we can't be certain, and you can't take common-sense or normal sensible agreement-making for granted in anything in this arena!

RankPostsTeam
International Star322No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Derwent "Well we do know that there was a signed agreement between OK and the RFL that all SL monies would be required to be repaid if there was another insolvency event because that has been reported publicly in the press, and is also stated in the administrator's background to insolvency report.

What we don't know is the precise nature of that agreement, which is what is causing the confusion. For instance, it may have been the case that the agreement was that the company was responsible for the repayment but it would default to OK being personally liable should the company have insufficient funds to meet the liability. In which case, the RFL would be perfectly entitled to lodge a creditor claim initially against the company for the amount in question. The administrator would then formally declare that the company could not meet said liability and so the RFL would then have proper recourse to pursue OK for the money.'"

Nice to see a couple of posters using some common sense.

OK and RW should be torn limb from limb for the practices they followed when running OK Bulls. They are entirely responsible for the mess that evolved.

OK will pay the price as he is being pursued by Bradford council for repayment of the £200k, and the RFL look as if they will pursue for the £900k he guaranteed.

OK was never 'ill'. The alleged £900k he invested just a month before he stepped down was a ruse. It didn't happen. RW was his front man handling the whole 'story' behind his exit, and the whole legal case for not buying shares is a ruse.

OK wanted out and followed a plan that he thought would get him out without too much collateral damage. It worked for a while because, as is the case in rugby league, everyone blamed the RFL.

It is now becoming apparent that the entire blame lies with those who ran the club, and the group of 'directors' who all jumped on board then jumped ship when it ran aground.

Hopefully Bradford Bulls will recover from this sorry episode.

596 posts in 41 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
596 posts in 41 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.51025390625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Recruitment rumours and links
Captain Hook
12m
Film game
Boss Hog
26m
Realistic targets for 2025
Mrs Barista
32m
Grand final Tickets
MR FRISK
34m
Rumours thread
PopTart
60m
Planning for next season
Septimius Se
60m
Finn out Murrell in
Faxlore
Recent
dan russell confirmed 2 year contract
Smiffy27
Recent
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Grand Final
Wire Weaver
Recent
Oli Leyland confirmed 2 year deal
Fantastic Mr
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
ratticusfinc
41s
Grand final Tickets
MR FRISK
1m
IN 2025 Cooper Jenkins - Expires 2026
christopher
1m
Smiffy27
1m
Rumours and signings v9
Zig
2m
Finn out Murrell in
Faxlore
2m
OUT 2025 Leon Ruan - Released
excruciating
2m
Play-off Semi Final Toulouse A
Bully_Boxer
2m
NRL
northernblok
2m
Film game
Boss Hog
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Smiffy27
TODAY
Play-off Semi Final Toulouse A
Bully_Boxer
TODAY
2025 Catalans Dragons Kit
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Oli Leyland confirmed 2 year deal
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Grand Final
Wire Weaver
TODAY
Transfer Talk V5
ArthurClues
TODAY
OUT 2025 Leon Ruan - Released
excruciating
TODAY
IN 2025 Cooper Jenkins - Expires 2026
christopher
TODAY
Search Sexy Girls from your city for night - Authentic Damse
excruciating
TODAY
IN 2025 Keenan Palasia - Expires 2026
Emagdnim13
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Grand Final
FoxyRhino
TODAY
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back Grand Finals
RLFANS News
TODAY
NRL
northernblok
TODAY
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth Consecutive Title
RLFANS News
TODAY
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
MR FRISK
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
Wildthing
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
tyr
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
Butcher
TODAY
Decision on the field
Warrior Wing
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
ratticusfinc
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
York Valkyrie Win Back to Back..
Hunslet Book Relegation Play O..
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth..
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M +13,298 80,13414,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 13th Oct
       Championship 2024-R30
15:00
Swinton
v
Hunslet
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 13th Oct
CH
Swinton-Hunslet
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 6th Oct
L1 26 Keighley6-20Hunslet
CH 29 Bradford25-12Featherstone
WSL2024 16 York V18-8St.HelensW
NRL 31 Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Bradford 27 703 399 304 36
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 27 634 525 109 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22