JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: HamsterChops "Pretty much agree with what everyone says about discipline costing them the game. They completely lost it and when you have a ref as clueless as that, you really need to be on your best behaviour. Whilst the ref wasn't wrong at all with the cards he showed, there were truly some baffling decisions, and I actually think Bradford got the better of those crazy calls as a few of them he gave against Sheffield were just unbelievable.

'"
there was some very unusual decisions last night, all his effort in trying to keep the game flowing he gave some bad ones to both sides

some how the game has to improve if new refs are to be bought in and at some point a little leniency is required but hopefully not at the cost of a game like what Ganson did

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain13No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20187 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Bull Mania "Frustrating. Knowles gets now where near grounding it. Too many times ref just didn't seem to be watching.

'"

Was Knowles as close as Chisholm was last week?!

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain285No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20169 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2021Sep 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I thought Sheffield always looked more dangerous than us, even in the 1st half when we were leading. They destroyed us round the ruck where our marker defence was shocking. Only our strong line defence and scrambling back saved a bigger scoreline. Once again I will say I don't think Kirk is good enough. As much as I like him and he is a tireless worker he simply does not offer enough going forward. He looks like he is ready to drop as soon as he meets the first line of defence. Has anyone ever seen him bust a tackle? If he has it's very rare. This is not a pop at him as I say he has a great attitude but it takes more than that.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5280
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Kirk will be a very good player in time. When he puts some bulk on he will be a monster.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5159
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45460_1403798981.jpg
Sheffield Eagles - Back to Back National Champions 2012 and 2013 !!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45460.jpg

Quote: HamsterChops "It seems to have changed this season, although what it is officially is anyone's guess. Last year, there was a week's delay but they were still announced earlier in the week. Now they're coming out on a Friday, but the ban doesn't seem to kick in until after the weekend (I've only seen that because I noticed one of the Swinton players last week copped a ban but was allowed to play against Bradford).

Looking at the other charges, it appears they're from this past weekend's games. So it looks like they're looking at the incidents a bit quicker than previously (later in the same week, rather than a week later), but when the bans come into effect haven't changed.'"

I'm not acquainted with the facts but is it because he's put in the Early Guilty Plea and the ban starts from when the hearing would have been ?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1219No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Roversspud "Was Knowles as close as Chisholm was last week?!'"

???
Chizzy didnt score last week

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2043
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think it’s sarcasm from a Leeds reserves fan

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain52No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76954_1531769062.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76954.jpeg

Quote: Stockwell & Smales "I thought Sheffield always looked more dangerous than us, even in the 1st half when we were leading. They destroyed us round the ruck where our marker defence was shocking. Only our strong line defence and scrambling back saved a bigger scoreline. Once again I will say I don't think Kirk is good enough. As much as I like him and he is a tireless worker he simply does not offer enough going forward. He looks like he is ready to drop as soon as he meets the first line of defence. Has anyone ever seen him bust a tackle? If he has it's very rare. This is not a pop at him as I say he has a great attitude but it takes more than that.'"

Kirk is a grafter, finds his front and gets a quick play the ball so our hookers can get the next pass out quicker and catch the defence out. Wood also does this very well. They may not bust the tackles but they do not get turned on their backs often like some of our larger forwards which slows down the play. Don’t know why Wood and Hallas were left out of the team as they are our best defensive middles by a long way. Magrin’s defence was dire especially around the ruck. Onto York next week!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9083No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13462.gif
:13462.gif

Poor discipline from the Bulls cost us the points in a match we had a good chance of winning until the sending off. Can’t argue with the red card, Green swung his elbow and deserved to walk. I guess the frustrating thing is how often antics such as that or worse go unpunished in the Championship. But that’s sport and if we had been a bit smarter we might well have had a few more points on the board by that point.

It’s a long season though and this performance whilst disappointing won’t define our entire season. It’s our first season back and the club is still rebuilding so we will certainly won’t have it all our own way this year, we will need to fight for every victory. You cannot lose a player halfway through the game at this level when there is nothing in it. A settled partnership at 6/7 would be a big help!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4540
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19767.jpg
:19767.jpg

York absolutely annihilated Barrow today, so its not going to get any easier next week...

mat
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9553
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Any one know how Keyes and bustin got on yesterday?. If they came through reserves game plus Webster and Chisholm back will be a decent boost for York game.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3546
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2019May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
69500_1482141774.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_69500.jpg

Quote: mat "Any one know how Keyes and bustin got on yesterday?. If they came through reserves game plus Webster and Chisholm back will be a decent boost for York game.'"

Unless they played without being on the teamsheet, they didn't play. Team sheet was announced as:

Stephenson, Rickett, Culling, Gibson, Foggin-Johnston, Milton, Green, O'Sullivan, Doyle, Foster, Hodgson, Storton, Wood
Subs: Butterworth, Littlewood, Lightowler, McGill, Scurr, Gallagher

RankPostsTeam
Moderator31786
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
438_1551258406.jpg
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_438.jpg

Thought that was a really immature performance from us. We seemed to be playing the ref more that the opposition. Whining and waving your arms around and getting aggrieved at perceived injustices won't help win the game.

TBH I thought we were just about staying in it until Green got sent off. After that we went to pieces. Before he got sent off we struggled for decent ball and were well beaten up front. I liked the play for our two tries but after that we rarely looked like repeating it.

Green is obviously going to be taking a long rest. Hopefully Magrin will too as he was rubbish. The halfbacks were too young an inexperienced for this game when we started to lose it up front. Lilley needs to stop running across the field, at one stage in the second half he was even running more towards our own line than the opposition's.

I noticed Keyes and Bustin didn't play vs Hunslet. No Wilson either. That's a shame as it leaves us with Crossley, Kirk, Wood, Krasniqi (who for me didn't do much) and unfortunately Magrin for next week. If we don't improve 100% York will have a field day.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5876No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13517.jpg
:13517.jpg

I think some of the criticism aimed at Magrin is a bit harsh here. For starters it was his first game so match fitness will have been an issue. Secondly he's a prop and was asked to play LF. Not sure he's ever played there before in his career and it was a decision JK made which didn't work out. My guess is JK was concerned about losing the forwards battle so decided to throw another large body in there to try and help. The downside to that is what you lose with ball in hand.
I don't recall Magrin making any handling errors and he was very harshly done to by the ref for the penalty he gave away while in possession of the ball right on Sheffield's line in the first half.

The most frustrating thing for me from Friday is that despite playing on a surface perfect for RL, we still stuck to our boring, one out style of rugby that we always seem to play. Why are we obsessed with trying to steamroll every team we play? We have some of the best backs in the league and they are starved of the ball every week almost! Hitchcox should be scoring tries for fun in this division, Ryan too, but the only way they ever seem to get a sniff is through kicks. Our attacking structure just isn't there at all for me and we still look like we're waiting for a piece of individual skill to create something (Milnes on Friday) rather than set plays or offloading/decent support play. We're a very frustrating team to watch imo.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain76No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2021Mar 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Be nice to get some info on the long term injured. What is the issue with Keyes back? It's plainly a major concern. He has a long life after rugby to live so hopefully this is not a long term condition.
Grant was apparently injured playing in the World Cup. That was back in October. Four months on and still no sighting of him. It's plainly a very serious injury indeed.

64 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
64 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

8.34765625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Salford H
DSJ1983
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
Recent