Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2019May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
69500_1482141774.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_69500.jpg

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "I can only speak for myself, and wouldn't normally post on a "crowd was fiddled" thread, as in most cases it's nonsense; but the reason I posted on this thread was simply because (for once) it was definitely and certainly apparent that the attendance given was nonsense. Which they subsequently admitted it was!

If people were gratified to think a Bulls visit swells the coffers of heartland clubs, that's a nice thing, isn't it? Where does "ego" come into it? Bit weird.'"

Precisely the same with my postings. I was simply remarking on what seemed an oddly wrong figure. No agenda, no ego, to be honest, I wasn't actually that bothered, I found it more funny than anything.

I couldn't give a flying one about us taking more fans than others and all that. But if people like Chissitt and Nothus want to suggest that's the reason I comment, that's up to them to continue being completely and totally wrong.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: HamsterChops "I couldn't give a flying one about us taking more fans than others and all that. But if people like Chissitt and Nothus want to suggest that's the reason I comment, that's up to them to continue being completely and totally wrong.'"

I could not get to our game at Widnes in time and using the back roads' it's less than 15 mins for me to get to Fev, so I went to see our DR players and Walshaw and Siejka play, the one thing that impressed me although I was not surprised was the huge following you took, it made Leigh's following last Sunday shabby by comparison.
Because you have kept a large fan base coupled to your success this season it can only get better, and no doubt you will incur this problem over attendances' most weeks, surely you would be better off talking about the team's success than how many fans you take with you, after all you don't want to be labelled the new KR fans do you icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star962
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68134_1392230175.jpg
[i:17olg9pl][color=#BF0000:17olg9pl]Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on.[/color:17olg9pl][/i:17olg9pl]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68134.jpg

Quote: chissitt "I could not get to our game at Widnes in time and using the back roads' it's less than 15 mins for me to get to Fev, so I went to see our DR players and Walshaw and Siejka play, the one thing that impressed me although I was not surprised was the huge following you took, it made Leigh's following last Sunday shabby by comparison.
Because you have kept a large fan base coupled to your success this season it can only get better, and no doubt you will incur this problem over attendances' most weeks, surely you would be better off talking about the team's success than how many fans you take with you, after all you don't want to be labelled the new KR fans do you
I don't really see what you are trying to do here matey. You're coming onto a thread titled "Attandance at Batley" (sic.) stating that instead of talking about the attendance at Batley, as it (in your eyes) makes us look like egotists, we should instead talk about our teams success instead. Like on the other threads upon which people talk about the current success of the Bulls side.

RankPostsTeam
International Star6903
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73643_1666630451.jpeg
[img:v6cgff03]http://s26.postimg.org/9xie34xyh/leigh1.png[/img:v6cgff03]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73643.jpeg

Quote: amberavenger "Agreed - hate it. Think some of the fans would have learned after chanting "Easy, Easy" at Leigh after 15 minutes...

In fact, there are some bizarre chants in general going on at away games - one at the Fev game (admittedly a very VERY small minority) chanting that all their fans were inbread or somesuch. Can't remember the exact content but it did seem a bit vile and unwarranted. I know we've never been a particularly big chanting following, and I certainly don't mind it or the good natured banter in general, but there seems to be a bit of undercurrent of unnecessary aggression with some fans. Again a minority, but I'm sure we never used to routinely boo the opposition onto the pitch - very noticeable at Leigh, and also happened in smaller numbers at Fev and Batley.'"

Quote: amberavenger "Agreed - hate it. Think some of the fans would have learned after chanting "Easy, Easy" at Leigh after 15 minutes...'"

Sorry, but what did you expect back from Leigh..Maybe a Nursery Rhyme.

Quote: amberavenger " but I'm sure we never used to routinely boo the opposition onto the pitch - very noticeable at Leigh'"

You're still stuck in SL world..

So you have never booed at a Rugby match..

Whats the world coming too.. d040.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star199
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
71218_1378235565.png
“[color=#FF0000:46j61sfk]Success[/color:46j61sfk] is not final, [color=#FF8000:46j61sfk]failure[/color:46j61sfk] is not fatal: it is the [color=#000000:46j61sfk]courage[/color:46j61sfk] to continue that counts.”:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_71218.png

Quote: amberavenger "Agreed - hate it. Think some of the fans would have learned after chanting "Easy, Easy" at Leigh after 15 minutes...

In fact, there are some bizarre chants in general going on at away games - one at the Fev game (admittedly a very VERY small minority) chanting that all their fans were inbread or somesuch. Can't remember the exact content but it did seem a bit vile and unwarranted. I know we've never been a particularly big chanting following, and I certainly don't mind it or the good natured banter in general, but there seems to be a bit of undercurrent of unnecessary aggression with some fans. Again a minority, but I'm sure we never used to routinely boo the opposition onto the pitch - very noticeable at Leigh, and also happened in smaller numbers at Fev and Batley.'"

Goodness me, what next? Should we be apologising to other teams if we beat them by more than two scores?
I too have been to all games and friendlies and I have to say that the atmosphere, especially at the away games, have been excellent and good natured. I think the chants you refer to are "you're all one family" which at Batley turned to "We're all one family"...shocking, vile? Please lets not have to sanitise too much for the sake of political correctness.

ps. Did you hear the applause given to the Batley team on their exit from the field by the Bulls fans? (very well deserved too!) icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman7594
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021May 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8_1434361123.jpg
When my club didn't exist it was still bigger than yours:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8.jpg

Quote: atomic "Sorry, but what did you expect back from Leigh..Maybe a Nursery Rhyme.

Whats the world coming too..
Yep, heard the applause, proud of it.

A couple of people seem to think I've said that absolutely every interaction between all fans at away games has sickened me to my core, when I've made it clear it's a minority and it doesn't offend me, it just makes me think that surely we're better than that. So for the record, yes the majority of banter is good natured as it always has been, and I'm not saying that anyone has been shockingly badly behaved or the absurd idea we should be apologising to teams. I didn't realise I had to write a dissertation on how amazing our fans are to be able to raise a minor criticism, I thought I'd take it as read.

As you'll have read in my original post I'm all for a bit of chanting and banter. Maybe I overstated my case a little, but you'll forgive me if I don't see the wit in implying the opposition fans are inbred, especially as it seemed off the back of absolutely no provocation. Didn't hear it flipped around at Batley, but I'm hardly a fan of that either. My point is, there are surely better things to chant than that? Apparently not.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman632No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
983.gif
:983.gif

Quote: atomic "Sorry, but what did you expect back from Leigh..Maybe a Nursery Rhyme.

Whats the world coming too..
Notice to certain Leigh fans - we aren't constantly talking about Leigh despite what you might think

RankPostsTeam
Moderator10969
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2023Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1271.jpg
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain Build Bridges NOT Walls:1271.jpg

Echo that, mate.

It isn't how the Bulls have been over a number of years now and yes, you're spot on, it's a very tiny minority, and probably only the once per game, but it gives a poor [and very unrepresentative] impression of our fans and is not something I'd want to encourage.

It's hardly, 'hard core' hate chanting, and I suspect it's probably alcohol fuelled, but less is better, imo.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman28357
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

Quote: chissitt "...no doubt you will incur this problem over attendances' most weeks, surely you would be better off talking about the team's success than how many fans you take with you...'"

Well, so far we "incurred" this "problem" just the once, at Batley, except it's not in any way a "problem" to anybody here, nor can a crowd figure be "incurred". It might though have been the first time a club has admitted it just made up the announced attendance!

The thread is about the Batley attendance, i.e. the "total" (that is, all fans, what we call "added up"icon_wink.gif. Not how many fans we may have taken with us.

And probably in the future if we do once again have some success, then we will talk about it; I don't know where you've been, but "success" and "Bulls" haven't been seen in the same sentence for a while now. You should google our recent history. If you do find any success in recent years, please let us know. We can't.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "Well, so far we "incurred" this "problem" just the once, at Batley, except it's not in any way a "problem" to anybody here, nor can a crowd figure be "incurred". It might though have been the first time a club has admitted it just made up the announced attendance!'"

Well I for one am glad you have only incurred this problem only once, because if it happens on a regular basis and you persist in bigging up your attendances then your fans will become the Hull KR fans of the championship, and although the Batley official admitted he got the figures wrong, was it really to the tune of 4000.

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "The thread is about the Batley attendance, i.e. the "total" (that is, all fans, what we call "added up"icon_wink.gif. Not how many fans we may have taken with us.'"

I'm sorry, I thought this thread was about the enraged Bulls fans what supposedly went to Batley and have been ignored in the attendance figures when "added up"

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "And probably in the future if we do once again have some success, then we will talk about it; I don't know where you've been, but "success" and "Bulls" haven't been seen in the same sentence for a while now. You should google our recent history. If you do find any success in recent years, please let us know. We can't.'"

Your recent history is well documented squire which I'm not going to comment on as it's not my business, and as you say success has passed you by for a few years now, the success I refer to is the recent run of results this season albeit in the lower leagues and may your success continue, hope that clears that up and fwiw your attitude does you no credit eusa_naughty.gif

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

Quote: chissitt "Well I for one am glad you have only incurred this problem only once, because if it happens on a regular basis and you persist in bigging up your attendances then your fans will become the Hull KR fans of the championship, and although the Batley official admitted he got the figures wrong, was it really to the tune of 4000. '"

Fail! We were in no way "bigging up" the attendance, just claiming it was patently wrong. We were proved right. "4000"? "Attitude"? eusa_think.gif Whose? Mine? Bulls fans? What are you talking about now? All we did was rightly point out a fake attendance, deal with it! icon_beat.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman7594
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021May 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8_1434361123.jpg
When my club didn't exist it was still bigger than yours:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8.jpg

You're all failing to understand that noticing things and mentioning them is SL-standard arrogance and those days are in the past.

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif

Quote: vbfg "You're all failing to understand that noticing things and mentioning them is SL-standard arrogance and those days are in the past.'"

Exactly. I also think the predictions league should be totally abolished, as predicting 6 teams will lose is very arrogant and disrespectful to those teams. Do you all not consider for even a moment the hurt you cause their fans?

71 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
71 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.04541015625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Whitehaven
Wollo-Wollo-
5m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
6m