Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Jan 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
61336_1354198821.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_61336.jpg

Quote: Nothus "Another shocking display with ball in hand. On more than one occasion today there were Bulls fans around me in the stand shouting 'Boring' as we attacked.

How much longer is this going to go on?'"

For the duration of JK’s contract.

RankPostsTeam
International Star738No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Nothus "Another shocking display with ball in hand. On more than one occasion today there were Bulls fans around me in the stand shouting 'Boring' as we attacked.

We have won 6 games in a row it might not be the best to watch but its clearly effective. Halifax,Fev,Barrow all throw the ball about we have managed to beat them all. I know what I would choose.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach993
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45148_1265187924.jpg
No Pain No Gain:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45148.jpg

We were poor today as was the ref, however, we are in a better place in the table than i thought we would be at this moment in time.
JK really does need to look at better attacking options if we want to stay there.

COYB

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5876No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13517.jpg
:13517.jpg

May could be a pretty horrible month for us looking at the fixtures coming up. A very real possibility of zero wins and a few hammerings thrown in to boot.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9083No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13462.gif
:13462.gif

Quote: Nothus "May could be a pretty horrible month for us looking at the fixtures coming up. A very real possibility of zero wins and a few hammerings thrown in to boot.'"

Well we’ve already beaten Fev twice and Halifax away, so I don’t think we ought to be too daunted by either of those sides. I would certainly expect us to be competitive in those fixtures.

Toronto away & Leeds in the CC could be long afternoons but I think the CC game could be a decent occasion if the scores are close for the majority of the match.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5280
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Nothus "May could be a pretty horrible month for us looking at the fixtures coming up. A very real possibility of zero wins and a few hammerings thrown in to boot.'"

Why do you say that?

We have beaten Fev twice already this season and just turned Fax over on their own patch.

We don't have anything to lose Vs Rhino's and with the form they're in why should we fear them either?

Toronto are not unplayable. Fev gave them a good run today.

Let's be optimistic.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4334
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54039_1294695296.jpg
[b:p889vjdy][i:p889vjdy][color=#FF0000:p889vjdy]BULLSBOY2011:[/color:p889vjdy][/i:p889vjdy][/b:p889vjdy] [i:p889vjdy][color=#0000FF:p889vjdy][size=85:p889vjdy]'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'[/size:p889vjdy][/color:p889vjdy][/i:p889vjdy] [color=#FF40BF:p889vjdy]Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)[/color:p889vjdy]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_54039.jpg

We play some mad rugby. At least 3 of our tries came from wrong options as daft as it sounds! Only try we really ‘created’ was Websters! Farrell ran down a blind alley (5 deenders, 2 attackers) and manger to power over. We didn’t create an overlap for Grant’s (man on man defence) but Grant managed to step inside. And Lilley’s was dumb last tackle play! But it all bloody came off! Haven’t seen a Bradford side play sich poor attacking rugby and still scoring so fair play.

Lot of sideways running with no straigtening up from the halves or the lead runners which inevitably ensures we run out of space or the defence just easily slides. We actually did straighten up once but Websters pass was knocked down by Barrow.

Too many offloads from Barrow for my liking. A more clinical team would have done more with that. I have to say we have some very thick fans on the terracing. When an opposition player is skirting across our line the best thing to do is hold the defensive line with no shooters yet fans are screaming for someone to shoot out (and leave a gap). Or we drop a ball and screaming at Kear for it? Madness. And screaming abuse at the ref (regardless of how poor) just gets you nowhere.

Anyway very very happy with 4 points over Easter. In my opinion we simply have to back this up at the weekend against Rochdale as we have a tough 3 games after that especially with the travel involved.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator31786
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
438_1551258406.jpg
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_438.jpg

Quote: Bulls Boy 2011 "We play some mad rugby. At least 3 of our tries came from wrong options as daft as it sounds! Only try we really ‘created’ was Websters! Farrell ran down a blind alley (5 deenders, 2 attackers) and manger to power over. We didn’t create an overlap for Grant’s (man on man defence) but Grant managed to step inside. And Lilley’s was dumb last tackle play! But it all bloody came off! Haven’t seen a Bradford side play sich poor attacking rugby and still scoring so fair play.

Lot of sideways running with no straigtening up from the halves or the lead runners which inevitably ensures we run out of space or the defence just easily slides. We actually did straighten up once but Websters pass was knocked down by Barrow.

Too many offloads from Barrow for my liking. A more clinical team would have done more with that. I have to say we have some very thick fans on the terracing. When an opposition player is skirting across our line the best thing to do is hold the defensive line with no shooters yet fans are screaming for someone to shoot out (and leave a gap). Or we drop a ball and screaming at Kear for it? Madness. And screaming abuse at the ref (regardless of how poor) just gets you nowhere.

Anyway very very happy with 4 points over Easter. In my opinion we simply have to back this up at the weekend against Rochdale as we have a tough 3 games after that especially with the travel involved.'"

Agree with all that. Our attack is far too "sideways" and it's been this way for some time. I actually don't think it would take too much to fix this so I'm not sure why we keep doing it.

Yesterday's game was typical Bank Holiday Monday rugby. Scrappy, poor quality stuff. We obviously put everything into the Fax game and it showed. If anything Barrow finished the stronger side. Things I learnt from it was that I think Ethan Ryan should stay at fullback. Minchella is wasted in the centres and we really are missing Flanagan.

Hopefully a week to recover will allow us to put in a better performance versus Rochdale. Toronto away will be a far tougher assignment but not un-winnable.

I think we'll be without Farrell for those games and possibly the Leeds game too.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3991
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13554.jpg
The phrase politically correct is in itself politcally incorrect so should be rephrased politically stupid! If you like old type radio comedy/ dramas etc listen to //pumpkinfm.com/ Statistically speaking you have a better chance of getting dead the older you get! Thank god only when you find a religion that passes the truth test!:13554.jpg

If it gets the Bulls into the playoffs no complaints here, JK is getting the Team to do the basics well enough before going for the expansive type of Rugby we all would like to see, but we're not going to see that this year unless some one decides they have real play making qualities and it decides to show us.
Chisholm had that ability but was far too inconsistent to be regarded as a loss going to Fev.
This is a season of consolidation not promotion,though it would be nice to see the Bulls in the mix at season end!
We've all had to be patient through the Clubs trials and tribulations so expecting things to fast forward is being a tad over optimistic!

RankPostsTeam
International Star7107No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59880_1480501182.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59880.jpg

We've not been hammered once this year. Could we get zero points, quite possibly. There would be no shame in that.

Toronto - a free hit. No one will expect us to win. Toronto aren't unbeatable (Mcdermott looks like he's pacing them to come good in the play-offs)

Leeds - again a free hit. Hopefully not a hammering but losing to Leeds doesn't really matter. We've won that fact we've been drawn against them.

Halifax - we always seem to rise at Blackpool. Fax always do as well so it should be a cracker. No doubting they'll be bang up for it after us beating them at their place and Murrell returning will make it an even tougher task. But all doesn't seem well there. We're just as capable beating them as they are us.

Fev - this will be difficult. They'll be desperate to get us on their own patch after being unlucky twice against us.

If we lose all 4 it's not the end of the world as they're tough fixtures. Win though and we put a bit of daylight between ourselves and the chasing pack.

Teams in this league will all go through losing stages.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator10969
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2023Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1271.jpg
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain Build Bridges NOT Walls:1271.jpg

Quote: Bull Mania "We've not been hammered once this year. Could we get zero points, quite possibly. There would be no shame in that.

Toronto - a free hit. No one will expect us to win. Toronto aren't unbeatable (Mcdermott looks like he's pacing them to come good in the play-offs)

Leeds - again a free hit. Hopefully not a hammering but losing to Leeds doesn't really matter. We've won that fact we've been drawn against them.

Halifax - we always seem to rise at Blackpool. Fax always do as well so it should be a cracker. No doubting they'll be bang up for it after us beating them at their place and Murrell returning will make it an even tougher task. But all doesn't seem well there. We're just as capable beating them as they are us.

Fev - this will be difficult. They'll be desperate to get us on their own patch after being unlucky twice against us.

If we lose all 4 it's not the end of the world as they're tough fixtures. Win though and we put a bit of daylight between ourselves and the chasing pack.

Teams in this league will all go through losing stages.'"

Spot on is that.

This is a tough division and there are no real 'easybeats'. Losing to anyone is no reason to be dejected, indeed it is to be expected due the nature of the competition, we'll win more than we lose, that's as good as most level-headed fans really expected this season and it'll do me fine.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator31786
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
438_1551258406.jpg
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_438.jpg

I can understand the trepidation looking at those fixtures after the way we played Barrow but I think you have to take into account the Bank Holiday effect. Yesterday’s game was never going to be a festival of champagne rugby. We are capable of far better than that and have showed that in the comebacks against Fax and Fev. One thing we have learned over the past 5-6 weeks is just how resilient this side is. They remain composed whereas in the past we might have lost our heads. We are a difficult side to beat, all the evidence shows that.

The challenge for Kear and the players is to start improving our attacking play. While we are getting the wins we are doing it in spite of our style rather than because of it. I feel the side can make life much easier for itself if we started to have a bit more of a plan for the 5th tackle and improved the execution of it. Our kicking game and attacking structures could improve 100%. I’m sure Kear can see that.

I’m not expecting a win in any of our upcoming games (apart from Rochdale) but we have the ability to win them all (except the Leeds Cup game). Considering we’re without a few very good players we’re in a good place considering we’re a promoted team.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5876No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13517.jpg
:13517.jpg

Both Toronto and Leeds will murder us around the ruck. Dwyer and Ackers will have a field day and everything else will come off the back of this.
Both Featherstone and Halifax [ishould[/i have seen their leads out. We got out of jail twice there imo.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator31786
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
438_1551258406.jpg

Quote: Nothus "Both Toronto and Leeds will murder us around the ruck. Dwyer and Ackers will have a field day and everything else will come off the back of this.
Both Featherstone and Halifax [ishould[/i have seen their leads out. We got out of jail twice there imo.'"

But they didn’t, and that’s mainly down to us being better than them when it counted, no?

As for Ackers and Dwyer you’re 100% right. I expect the same. But then again we’re not yet a team pushing for promotion or competing in SL so I’m not seeing this as a reason to be upset. I think we can give Toronto more of a game than we did in pre-season, even with our misfiring attack.

As for Leeds, I fully expect them to win by at least 30. But that would be no disgrace.

58 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
58 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.68017578125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
8m
Tomkins last chance
Big Steve
9m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
10m
Saints h
Zig
10m
Whitehaven
Yosemite Sam
11m
7pm
phe13
11m
Film game
Wanderer
12m
FRENCH
Zig
14m
RD 25 Hull FC H
batleyrhino
15m
Lee Briers joins St Helens coaching staff
Boss Hog
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Max
PopTart
35s
2025 Principal Kit
tad rhino
36s
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
37s
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Roam Ranger
46s
Rumours thread
Wollo-Wollo-
53s
Squad 2024
faxcar
53s
Who do we want in the play-offs
ninearches
54s
Hull KR H
Warrior Wing
1m
FRENCH
Zig
1m
Betting 2024
karetaker
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
7pm
phe13
TODAY
Who do we want in the play-offs
ninearches
TODAY
Tomkins last chance
Big Steve
TODAY
Ken Rollin
REDWHITEANDB
TODAY
Max
PopTart
TODAY
Play-offs
Deeeekos
TODAY
Highlights v Whitehaven
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Play offs
newcat
TODAY
George Williams
just_browny
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Away
Wire Weaver
TODAY
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off London Challenge
RLFANS News
TODAY
Salford Close In On The Play Offs As Dragons Crisis Continues
RLFANS News
TODAY
Batley v Dons - Sunday 8 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
Staying down after head contact
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Broncos Ladies
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
OT players staying down but staying on after treatment
djcool
TODAY
Hull live/Tomlinson
Chris71
TODAY
Todays match v Saints
Wanderer
TODAY
New England RL shirt
The Curtism
TODAY
Reserves Grand Final
Zig
TODAY
Shareholder meetings
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth After Defeating Castleford Tigers
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
Five Into Three - Our Top Six ..
Leigh Leopards Lay Claim To Pl..
Salford Up To Fourth After Dem..
Hull KR Embarrass Saints As Th..
Rhinos Sweep Past the Dragons ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,704 80,11314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 13th Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R28
10:50
Penrith
v
Sydney
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R26
20:00
Leigh
v
Hull KR
St.Helens
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
Leeds
 Sat 14th Sep
07:05
Melbourne
v
Cronulla
10:50
NQL Cowboys
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
York V
St.HelensW
v
BarrowW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Salford
       Championship 2024-R26
Barrow
v
Whitehaven
Bradford
v
Batley
Dewsbury
v
Swinton
Doncaster
v
Widnes
Featherstone
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Halifax
Catalans
v
LondonB
 Sun 15th Sep
07:05
Canterbury
v
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
12:00
WiganW
v
LeedsW
Hudds W
v
Wire W
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 13th Sep
SL
Leigh-Hull KR
SL
St.Helens-Castleford
SL
Wigan-Leeds
Sat 14th Sep
SL
Hull FC-Salford
SL
Catalans-LondonB
Sun 15th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Warrington
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
SL
Wigan-Salford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 8th Sep
SL 25 Huddersfield22-16LondonB
WSL2024 13 LeedsW52-12FeatherstoneW
WSL2024 13 BarrowW24-4Hudds W
WSL2024 13 WiganW12-16York V
CH 25 Batley0-38Doncaster
CH 25 Halifax34-6Dewsbury
CH 25 Sheffield12-30Bradford
CH 25 Swinton28-8Featherstone
CH 25 Wakefield60-6Whitehaven
CH 25 Widnes6-12York
NRL 27 Manly20-40Cronulla
NRL 27 Newcastle14-6Dolphins
Sat 7th Sep
SL 25 Warrington16-2St.Helens
SL 25 Salford27-12Catalans
WSL2024 13 Wire W0-98St.HelensW
CH 25 Barrow24-36Toulouse
NRL 27 St.George24-26Canberra
NRL 27 Canterbury6-44NQL Cowboys
NRL 27 Penrith18-12Gold Coast
Fri 6th Sep
SL 25 Castleford12-34Leigh
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 25 619 336 283 40
Hull KR 25 669 311 358 38
Warrington 25 618 319 299 36
Salford 25 492 479 13 30
Leigh 25 548 362 186 29
St.Helens 25 544 366 178 28

Leeds 25 514 424 90 28
Catalans 25 439 415 24 26
Huddersfield 25 434 582 -148 18
Castleford 25 411 661 -250 15
Hull FC 25 320 812 -492 6
LondonB 25 309 850 -541 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 23 872 252 620 44
Bradford 23 602 359 243 30
Toulouse 22 624 322 302 29
Widnes 23 499 403 96 27
York 24 609 419 190 26
Featherstone 23 560 452 108 26

Sheffield 23 574 466 108 26
Doncaster 23 440 513 -73 21
Halifax 23 457 579 -122 20
Batley 23 364 497 -133 20