May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14916_1445291540.jpeg
Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14916.jpeg

Quote: BullCharge "Our runners in attack are too static. They don't run hard enough and don't draw defenders, leaving us with no overlap in those situations. We also have no direction when going forward. Without Diskin, it falls on Gale to control the attack, and he's not up to it. We've scored 20 points in the last 3 games.

As for the defence, I can't remember a season where we've shipped so many points. 150 points conceded in the last 3 games is just appalling. We don't run up to the offensive line and teams make 10 metres every play the ball with minimal effort. And then, when the opposition get bored, a simple offload is all it takes to put their full back through. Support runners aren't required, as Gaskell is stupidly easy to step past. Oldfield, Broughton and Escsare have all skinned him with a simple step.'"

Sounds like you're describing Wakey at the moment! icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach437No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

The more he talked of his honour,the faster we counted our spoons.:

Quote: M@islebugs "I don't buy the players are lazy. For me it's partly we have a number of relatively poor players, and partly due to them being incredibly brittle psychologically.

The response to Cats first try was that of a group of people who wanted to go home. With few exceptions, Naz and Kaufusi we KNEW we were going to get hammered and of course we did.

They've spent weeks playing with no props and you simply stop making dummy runs because you're using up all your energy tackling in the middle. Lulia and Blythe were our best edge defenders last year and they're injured or not really replaced.

A bunch of generally below average players plus the circumstances they've endured equals what we saw on Saturday. I don't see Cummins getting a great deal of support. Signing 19 year olds just in the country is pointless. Neither do I see a group of guys who believe in Cummins anymore irrespective of whether any of it is his fault.

The ball's in Green's court. Either back Cummins with some players (which he hasn't done) or sack him. What we're witnessing now is inevitable relegation.'"

I can see where you're coming from there but to me anyone who saw Wigan out-tackle Leeds/Salford with 10 reserves in,mostly youngsters,knows that Cummins,imo,is not capable of getting the VERY BEST out of WHAT HE'S GOT AT HIS DISPOSAL.If all those players who lined up against CATALAN,tackled their hearts out and ran their blood to water for the BULLS CAUSE,then you would say they did their best,left everything on the pitch and Cummins got the best out of them,but the showing at Catalans lacked passion,inspiration and a die-for-the-cause attitude which is Cummin's task as head coach.Agree with just a couple of exceptions,the players are well below top class,but so were the Wigan youngsters and looked what they achieved.
I have to laugh though when quite a few posted at the time,Nahhh,we don't need Whitehead,he can't tackle and Nahh we don't need Bateman he's too small.Laughable now innit as when I see Elliot scoring try after try even in a poorish side and having been injured and I see Bateman who is only 20 years old leading the Wigan side to victory last week,both look set for international honours imo.Bateman,in particular,seems to run his blood to water for the Wigan cause,what a contrast to our lot who,don't forget,are still paid professionals.
IMO--Performances like the Catalan stroll just ain't acceptable---simple as that.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I don't disagree with any of that Madas, apart from the fact that the circumstances at Wigan are the polar opposite.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59880_1480501182.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59880.jpg

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "Correct. This because they are LAZY. All other teams work at having enough dummy runners, or extra people joining the line, or people making run after run so the passer has options. We don't.
Partially correct, Gale only shows flashes and it is miles from good enough, but part of the problem is the almost inevitable lack of options that his "team-mates" give him, due to laziness, so the defence just KNOWS that he is going to kick, or else has no options to cover when he is going to pass.

Correct. This, as anyone watching the video can see, is because too many players are LAZY too much of the time. They can not argue against this. Every other team works hard at shuttling back and forward, most of the time most other teams come out as a line and close down the attack. We don't. Too often, we are stood on our heels and let them charge at us; too often, we just laze idly round whilst attackers run circles around us. Too often, players make no effort to get properly set in a defensive position. Too often, the tackle attempts are lamentable. Too often, not enough players get involved and so too often offloads come out ages after the initial contact.
Actually we have performed better a few ties with Gaskell at FB but even Mumby could do little when exposed against a livewire like Escare. I don't blame Gaskell, Cummins knows what he can and can't do, and how fast he can or can't run, and if he is played at FB you can't expect him to magic up extra pace that he doesn't have. He did look like a man carrying a hamstring, to me, though, he looked really sluggish at times.'"

I agree players are being lazy. Twice against Catalan we had a player runnin across the line, if we had a support player willing to RUN on to the ball we could have made a break. As it was they all just stood there with the attitude "not my turn to take the ball up so I'll have a breather" this is why I get so annoyed when Cummins bangs on about effort and character. Players being on their toes willing to run as a dummy runner when they're not getting the ball is effort and character. We have no one wiling to do that.

On Gale. While havin not dummy runners is players being lazy as mentioned above, Gale is the main half back AND captain. It is his job to get he lazy players running as dummy runners. In pre-season the media and fans seemed to have Sammut and Gaskell as our halves. Cummins seemed to shoot the reporters down rather bitterly when this was put to him stating "Gale was our main HB and it was up to Sammut and Gaskell to fight for the other position" Sammut is now doing well at Wakey, Gaskell is now a headless chicken at FB, and Gale is hopeless at HB. He has NO leadership qualities and is not organising the attacking line. Not once this season have I seen us on the opposition line setup to attack thinking "we've got some moves here. We look organised" we look so unorganised, Gale looks like he has no idea what he's doing when he gets the ball and he usually end up passing it down the line (well I say passing, more like we just lob the ball) Unfortunately we're stuck with him on a long term contract thanks to our coach.

On Gaskell, yor clutching at straws. Escare, actually slowed down, then couldn't believe how much room Gaskell had left him. Once you can maybe accept he made a mistake. But what about Broughtona try? Oldfields try? He hadnt even laid a finger on them! Gaskells not slow (he out paced Watkins) he just has no idea how to play FB. What about the high kicks he has dropped last two games? He is an awful FB. Get him back to 6.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach437No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

The more he talked of his honour,the faster we counted our spoons.:

Quote: M@islebugs "I don't disagree with any of that Madas, apart from the fact that the circumstances at Wigan are the polar opposite.'"

agree one is fighting for their very existence,while the other sits comfortably in the top 4.

Which team should be running their blood to water?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman28357
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

We have seen both sides of the coin this season. We have seen the team run their blood to water on some occasions, and being the forgiving and encouraging chaps and chapesses we are, we stayed back and clapped and cheered them off the field. They won too, but that isn't the first thing on our requirements, we just want to feel they put it all in.

And then we see like at Catalans, and you have to ask WHY - forget coaching, forget poor standard of playeers, get back to the basics - given that our team DID NOT run their collective blood to water, but spent a lot of the game stood around, being lazy, and choosing not to work for each other - WHY did so many players have that attitude?

Have we got anyone that is competent to do something effective about it? I am not suggesting we immediately sign Karl Harrison, or anyone, but does anyone think that the same team would do the same idle shift if they were going back to a dressing room (and training week) under Harrison, or Wane, or some such?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4525
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13619.gif
:13619.gif

At least we may hear from the upper echelons of the club again. Even if it is only another apology.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6038No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Some of it is down to confidence rather than laziness. Wigan's younger players run their blood to water because they know that if they do they'll probably win. Our players can do that if they get off to a good start or get into the game such as when we beat Warry. But the body language suggests that they generally expect to lose. And conceding an early try just reinforces that lack of belief. Their opening try pricked our balloon, the energy just evaporated out of the team.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Jan 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Done. 25/01/17.:

We all know the job's fooked and has been since the points came off at the start of the season. There's no reason to suggest that the players are thinking any different. Imagine winding a business down with redundancy beckoning. Efficiency and quality control are going to go out of the window. They'll be more focussed on trying to sort their livelihoods for next season and who can blame them?

So you might get the occasional game where it all comes together but generally the mood will be one of resignation. Very hard to see how anyone can shake them out of that really.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Cibaman "Some of it is down to confidence rather than laziness. Wigan's younger players run their blood to water because they know that if they do they'll probably win. Our players can do that if they get off to a good start or get into the game such as when we beat Warry. But the body language suggests that they generally expect to lose. And conceding an early try just reinforces that lack of belief. Their opening try pricked our balloon, the energy just evaporated out of the team.'"

Correct. The players are mentally shattered and whatever Cummins is saying is not getting through to them. The idea that despite the fear of being out of work at the season's end 12 or 13 of the players who played on Saturday simply can't be bothered is absurd. They're not very good, they're not sure what they're doing and they don't believe it would make any difference anyway.

RankPostsTeam
International Star115No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Ferecious Aardvark - you are more than welcome to come a get Harrison - take him away!!

Mind you know what its like when your club is in thus position as Fax were in 2003 , it is a shame to see Bradord in their current predicament.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach8877No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/combustable.gif
Red Amber and Black Fantasy Rugby League Champion 2012. By far the most sensible posts on this thread have come from mystic eddie. - copyright Ewwenorfolk 09.04.2013 Aye, and Eddie is hinting at it too. And, as we all know: Mystic Eddie has been right all along! - copyright vbfg 05.01.2017:Others/combustable.gif

Quote: bullsonfire "They'll be more focussed on trying to sort their livelihoods for next season and who can blame them?

'"

Surely one good way of ensuring that their livelihoods are sorted out for next season is by actually playing well and puting yourself in the shop window?

Let's be honest, who on earth would want any of our players on current form?

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

I disagree. The trick to acquiring any player isn't to see his current form, but weigh up what he [icould[/i do for you if handled correctly. The trick if you sign him is then to man-manage him - with the rest - to get the best out of the whole.

There are plenty in our squad who would (and probably will) play in SL next year, and will do much better than they have been for us. There are certainly plenty who have a boatload more ability than they have shown of late. That's the most frustrating thing for me. If they were all inherently crap, yet trying their best every week, that would do for me.

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif

Quote: M@islebugs "...The idea that despite the fear of being out of work at the season's end 12 or 13 of the players who played on Saturday simply can't be bothered is absurd. ...'"

About a million times less absurd than the notion that they played like that yet WERE "bothered"!

Quote: M@islebugs "Cummins admitted Lee Gaskell had endured a particularly difficult afternoon at full-back, though he wasn't the only player to be below par in a performance he branded "embarrassing".

"He looked like was carrying a knock didn't he? He wasn't though, and he wasn't on his own," he added.

"If we have a handful of players that are way off the pace which we had, then we get embarrassed and that's what happened.

"They haven't let me down, they've let everyone involved down, we were embarrassing'"

You are I think in a considerable minority if you think they really were bothered. The coach himself, who i suggest is well placed to really know, is in the majorityif you're not prepared to defend on the back of errors then it's going to be a tough day at the office.'"

Now, in my book, if players "ARE NOT PREPARED TO DEFEND ON THE BACK OF ERRORS" then that is not being bothered. Do you disagree?

Quote: M@islebugs "Next Sunday’s home clash with Wakefield has now taken on added importance and the Bulls must win to avoid falling further behind.

Cummins saidhopefully we’ll have a handful of players who are willing to do a job for the team.

“If we have then we won’t be far away. If half a dozen don’t turn up or decide to do something else, then we will get embarrassed again.”'"

The idea that 12 or 13 of the players who played on Saturday simply couldn't be bothered is therefore a long way from absurd. On the contrary, you have basically had this spelled out by the coach, who is warning the fans that he can't guarantee that all the players will even turn up, or be willing to do a job for the team, and he's worried we could even get embarrassed by Wakefield.

I haven't quite heard anything as defeatist publicly said by the man who is supposed to be motivating the said team, in all my days.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59880_1480501182.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59880.jpg

Don't buy this "we were down as soon as we had the 6 points taken off" that's absolutely rubbish. A lot of
Games this season we have had a good team on the field but been given an absolutely spanking in MOST games this season. The players have been paid every week and the "financial troubles" have been resolved for weeks. There is absolutely no excuses for the "effort"'some of these players are putting in.

In 2012 you could have forgiven them for putting in these kind of performances when they won't getting paid on time and we didn't really have anything to play for as there was no relegation. Those players busted a gut to get in the play-offs. This lot think its ok to give up after 30 seconds and see another huge score put past us.

85 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
85 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.26123046875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Recruitment rumours and links
Captain Hook
14m
Grand final Tickets
muttywhitedo
14m