JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13747_1541715311.jpg
[b:3g5rrn89](and I feel fine)[/b:3g5rrn89]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13747.jpg

Can they be libellous if they are true though?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman28357
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
973_1515165968.gif
Last edited by Ferocious Aardvark on stardate Jun 26, 3013 11:27 am, edited 48,562,867,458,300,023 times in total:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_973.gif

Quote: debaser "Can they be libellous if they are true though?'"

Aye, lad.

Funny old world.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1795No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2021Jan 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54218_1349939535.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_54218.jpg

I would be gobsmacked if the directors had not got advice from a VAT expert on such an issue, in which case they surely would be looking at said experts professional indemnity policy. some real pot kettle stuff going on, Caisley a solicitor was responsible for Harrisgate, and should be aware that the only winners in a legal dispute however "good" your case are the solicitors as has been proved, and puts anything Hood has done into the shadows.

and as for Hood etc knowing the bank would be doing a serious review: I had the offer (that took five months to obtain) of a import loan facility based on 40 days repayment, however the bank had actually misinterpreted the period i needed, so I put it back to them that I needed 50 days to cover the import/deliver/invoice time, the invoice being factored (with them) for 85% of its value against cost of the stock at 40% so providing plenty of cover. They reviewed the whole deal and withdrew the offer. If I had known they were going to do that I would have air freighted the stuff in rather than shipped and stuck with the 40 days. One week I had a facility, was discussing the documentation etc needed for each importation, the next week nothing.

So I have great respect for the way Hood has stuck at it in what I know to be the worst financial environment for a long long time with no help from anybody other than the fans (and this last few weeks the players). If he has got us to the point of a new investor in the club then as far as I am concerned the ends justifies the means.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9986No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13747_1541715311.jpg
[b:3g5rrn89](and I feel fine)[/b:3g5rrn89]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13747.jpg

Quote: Ferocious Aardvark "Aye, lad.

Funny old world.'"

How does that work then?

BM
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach130No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2012Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Gurus_Beard wrote "

It is a huge VAT bill dating back two years that has lead to this shambolic mess?

By naming the season tickets "memberships" he felt that no VAT was payable in the last 2 years of pledges and consequently being responsible for the current shambles?

Having stated publicly that he and Bennett could secure the bank overdraft at least "ten times over", that not making up the £480,000 to £500,000 between them (yes a whopping £20k!)

The ground lease sell to the RFL was simply to facilitate a debt from a six figure loan (twice) from the governing body and they made no unexpected demands on paying it back "early"

The overall figure is far greater than he admits.
'"

The OP obviously has an agenda and yes the personal nature of the post could be libellous even if the facts are accurate.

However sometimes the finding out of facts outweigh the agenda/overall message and considering the specific nature of the key points in the OP's post I'm surprised more of you are not concerned with the content rather than the motive.

The complete lack of transparency astounds me considering the board are in the process of handling £500k of your money. If the above is true then it must cast a shadow over the viability of the current administration even with the monies raised already.

A genuine question because I'm curious, has anyone considered that going into administration might just be the best situation for the long term future of the club ? Would the RFL really withdraw the SL license ?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member16239No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Oct 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1776_1294872033.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1776.jpg

Quote: BM "The complete lack of transparency astounds me considering the board are in the process of handling £500k of your money.'"

Spot on.

They must be rubbing their hands in glee to be blessed with such a subservient fan-base at a time like this.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator31835
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
438_1551258406.jpg
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_438.jpg

I think it's because GB has posted it that some aren't more concerned. He's been on the wind up more often than not and has the knack of rubbing folk up the wrong way.

I've no real idea what's going on behind the scenes, nor am I likely to, I would like to know but I think fans are uncomfortable being used by people with an agenda like the OP.

If it was a post made in good faith I maybe would think differently.

As for being subservient I'm not sure that's what's going on. Most supporters are getting behind the club 100% but still have serious reservations about the Directors.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach325No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Bullseye "I think it's because GB has posted it that some aren't more concerned. He's been on the wind up more often than not and has the knack of rubbing folk up the wrong way.

I've no real idea what's going on behind the scenes, nor am I likely to, I would like to know but I think fans are uncomfortable being used by people with an agenda like the OP.

As for being subservient I'm not sure that's what's going on. Most supporters are getting behind the club 100% but still have serious reservations about the Directors.'"

eusa_clap.gif What he said.

RankPostsTeam
International Star884No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Jun 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Bradford Badger "Whoever it is has made some very strong comments about possible VAT implications of season tickets / memberships that I don't recall seeing anywhere else ( I could be wrong mind you).

This leads me to suspect that is either totally wrong (and a big accusation to make), or, is someone in the know, more than pretty much every other poster on these boards, which subsequently leads to the suspicion that it is someone connected within the club that has access to certain information that has not been forthcoming........possibly through a request to ask the current board to step aside and show the current financial records????

Regardless, well timed either way......just hours before we call the pledge in......more doubt sewed into peoples minds.

There are some good points in the original post - if there is a VAT issue re memberships, that is a big error by the current board.'"

This has got to be the biggest extrapolation of zero evidence I've ever seen. He's said something outrageous and therefore he's someone in the know, wtf? And now, with zero evidence to back anything up, its up to the accused to prove he's wrong. This is brilliant.

Just for the record, I believe Peter Hood is a witch and demand that he comes on here and proves that he isn't. No, no its not for me to prove he is a witch but its vital, in the interests of truth and transparacy, for him to prove that he isn't. And if he has the gall to not come on here and answer this important question, then clearly - he is a witch.

You may think I'm nuts but maybe I know something you don't....

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1231No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13512.jpg
:13512.jpg

Quote: Bullseye "I think it's because GB has posted it that some aren't more concerned. He's been on the wind up more often than not and has the knack of rubbing folk up the wrong way.

As for being subservient I'm not sure that's what's going on. Most supporters are getting behind the club 100% but still have serious reservations about the Directors.'"

Hear! hear!

RankPostsTeam
International Star1934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Adeybull "It is academic who GB is - and I have been variously assured at times GB is a disgruntled ex marketing person with a massive and extremely unhealthy grudge, a proxy for Caisley or even the man himself. It matters not - the outcome, and the potential beneficiary especially given the timing, is the same. As is the clear fact that what has been posted can only be either libellous or a result of a serious breach of either duty of or undertaking of confidentiality, and so in both cases potentially subject to legal action. What that should tell you about the sort of person GB is, and GB's motives, can only be a matter for individuals to decide.'"

And you've established all this without knowing who he is, what duties he held or undertakings he made, where he got the information from, whether there's a word of truth in his claims, or what his motives are other than informing people who are collectively being asked for 500k -£1million?

Good luck in court.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: BM "The OP obviously has an agenda and yes the personal nature of the post could be libellous even if the facts are accurate.

However sometimes the finding out of facts outweigh the agenda/overall message and considering the specific nature of the key points in the OP's post I'm surprised more of you are not concerned with the content rather than the motive.

The complete lack of transparency astounds me considering the board are in the process of handling £500k of your money. If the above is true then it must cast a shadow over the viability of the current administration even with the monies raised already.

A genuine question because I'm curious, has anyone considered that going into administration might just be the best situation for the long term future of the club ? Would the RFL really withdraw the SL license ?'"

I've argued that the best way of dealing with the awful mess both with the board of directors and shareholding which hates each other is to enter administration. I've stated for years that where we are now is an inevitable consequence of a dysfunctional club and whilst a fearful prospect, the process of adminstration is the only way to scourge the club of the two warring factions, both of whom have put themselves before the club and its fans IMO.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3222No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds blancs/Diego.gif
[url:w48v2ohn]http://www.keighleycougars.info/c.do?category=110[/url:w48v2ohn]:fonds blancs/Diego.gif

Quote: BM "The OP obviously has an agenda and yes the personal nature of the post could be libellous even if the facts are accurate.

A genuine question because I'm curious, has anyone considered that going into administration might just be the best situation for the long term future of the club ? Would the RFL really withdraw the SL license ?'"

I had thought the same myself.

In fact, I might have a go at my own appeal, on the premise that I'll shed light on things later.

I've seen the latest accounts, but to be honest, you can't draw any conclusions from them as to the specifics of the debt.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach217No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27054.jpg
Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment Would you capture it or just let it slip?:27054.jpg

Not posted for ages due to too many posters full of dunga. But it's becoming crystal clear that Hood's propaganda machine is in full swing through certain posters who seem to believe everything that he says.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14145No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45.jpg

Quote: M@islebugs "I've argued that the best way of dealing with the awful mess both with the board of directors and shareholding which hates each other is to enter administration. I've stated for years that where we are now is an inevitable consequence of a dysfunctional club and whilst a fearful prospect, the process of adminstration is the only way to scourge the club of the two warring factions, both of whom have put themselves before the club and its fans IMO.'"

You have. And it would be. Concur on both points.

Where you and I seem to disagree is about the consequences of administration relative to the benefits the scourging would bring. I fear the worst, and also am strongly opposed to businesses going bust, taking the taxpayer and other (often small, local) creditors for a load of money - then rising from the ashes as if everything was right with the world. Its not IMO - its morally wrong and tantamount to theft. I accept though not that many share that second POV, but I feel strongly about it and, being a stubborn sod, I remain unmoved about trying to avoid administration if at all possible.

Just a bit surprised why you came out in support of Caisley ahead of administration the other day? Unless you share my view that Caisley would probably put it into administration anyway?

83 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
83 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.54443359375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
Cbr1000rr
8m
Recruitment rumours and links
Kevin Turvey
21m